Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garrick interview today 15:49 - Dec 24 with 1236 viewsNotLoyal

Jordon Garrick believes that Plymouth Argyle should be aiming for at least a League One play-off place this term. The 23-year-old is approaching the midway point of his season-long loan from Championship club Swansea City and has enjoyed his time at Home Park.

He has made 23 appearances for the Pilgrims, including 11 starts, and scored four goals, playing either as a striker or a wing-back. As far as my loan goes, I'm having fun. I will take it day by day really, game by game. As long as the staff and the fans are happy to have me here I will be more than happy to stay here. "I'm just looking forward to the second half of the season. I still think we can go up automatic but I think the play-offs are the minimum for our ambitions of what we want to do.

"I'm pretty pleased with how it has gone and hopefully we can carry it on." Garrick has had only limited opportunities to play for Swansea and spent the end of last season on loan to Swindon Town before former Pilgrims' boss Ryan Lowe signed him in August

"I just wanted to show everyone that I can impact games and I can be a threat," he said.M"It's difficult when you don't really get the chances to play before (at Swansea) and then you come to a new club and nobody really knows what you are about. "It's nice to show the fans that the manager's trust in me doesn't go wasted. I like to show that I'm a good player and I really like playing here."

He continued: "There are a lot of positives. We are a club going in the right direction, third round in the FA Cup and good tie against Birmingham away. I look forward to being involved hopefully.

"We are fifth in the table. It's a good place to be. All we can do is look up now."

The versatility of Garrick has proved invaluable, first for Lowe and now recently-appointed boss Steven Schumacher, sometimes being used as a striker but at other times in either wing-back position. Garrick said: "I don't really mind where I play, to be fair. As long as I'm on the pitch I don't really mind. I could play goalkeeper if you wanted me to, I don't care.

"If you are in the game, you are in the game and it doesn't really matter whether you change position. I will always try and score."
The victory over Charlton came courtesy of a first league goal for Argyle from striker Kieran Agard, who was brought into the team for that game by Schumacher.

Garrick said: "To be fair, I'm happy for him because he puts in the hard work in training. Everyone does, but it was nice to see him get his first goal in the league.

"I'm quite close to Kieran so it was pleasing to see that all his hard work on the training pitch paid off."

Argyle have the first of three scheduled games in seven days when they play away to Cheltenham Town at the Jonny Rocks Stadium tomorrow.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 15:50]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Garrick interview today on 15:53 - Dec 24 with 1220 viewsReslovenSwan1

The guy is big strong and fast, Can dribble and cool in the box. He has added to his game by bulking up and playing striker showing a new ability to head the ball. In league 1 as a defender he will have no choice but to head the ball and get physical.

I see him as a direct replacement for Roberts / Laird role next season. His problem before was injuries and muscle strains. This problem appears resolved.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Garrick interview today on 18:17 - Dec 24 with 1120 viewsCatullus

Does Garrick have pace? Maybe we should try him at striker here?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Garrick interview today on 19:34 - Dec 24 with 1070 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

He looked good when he first broke through but then got that injury and that stupid sending off and lost his confidence a bit.
Garrick interview today on 20:55 - Dec 24 with 1032 viewsDr_Winston

Garrick is fast, and he's not a bad finisher. His ball control is Godawful and doesn't look to have improved all that much in his time at Plymouth.

He may crack on and improve over the next couple of years, but as it stands he's not good enough for us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garrick interview tod on 10:21 - Dec 25 with 946 viewsBadlands

This loan year could be a really positive period for him and us.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Garrick interview today on 11:00 - Dec 25 with 931 viewskrunchykarrot

Garrick interview today on 20:55 - Dec 24 by Dr_Winston

Garrick is fast, and he's not a bad finisher. His ball control is Godawful and doesn't look to have improved all that much in his time at Plymouth.

He may crack on and improve over the next couple of years, but as it stands he's not good enough for us.

I know where youre coming from, he is one of those players who i think could be fantastic for us, then seems to fall back.
Garrick interview today on 19:32 - Dec 25 with 848 views34dfgdf54

Garrick interview today on 20:55 - Dec 24 by Dr_Winston

He is good enough for us as long as we are playing Lati at RWB, no disrespect to him but a wing back he is not.
Garrick interview today on 10:31 - Dec 27 with 699 viewsNotLoyal

Here he is again scoring yesterday. Bags the second goal.

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Garrick interview today on 10:53 - Dec 27 with 692 viewsonehunglow

If his ball control is so awful then isnt that what a coach is there for,ie ,to improve,or to COACH .

You can't coach pace as it's God given but you can improve how you run to make even quicker and more effective but Garrick has the raw material that most teams want in their won and dread in others.

It's not the only feature we should look at but pace gives you a chance-Always and Garrick has not been given a chance. Same as some others.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Garrick interview today on 11:37 - Dec 27 with 679 viewsDr_Winston

Yes, because it's just that simple.

If a player has made it to the age of 23 without having the level of ball control required to play Championship football then Pep Guardiola himself probably couldn't coach it into him.

It's odd that you seem to think RM can achieve in four months what Garrick himself hasn't managed in 23 years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garrick interview today on 15:13 - Dec 27 with 645 viewsNotLoyal

He is taking his goals much better for sure.

OK I've changed it.

Garrick interview today on 15:41 - Dec 27 with 636 viewsReslovenSwan1

Garrick interview today on 11:37 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Yes, because it's just that simple.

If a player has made it to the age of 23 without having the level of ball control required to play Championship football then Pep Guardiola himself probably couldn't coach it into him.

It's odd that you seem to think RM can achieve in four months what Garrick himself hasn't managed in 23 years.

This is Swansea city. You do not spend 5 seasons at Swansea and not be able to control the football. It is a basic tenant of the club philosophy. If that was a problem he would be long gone and not sitting on a new 3 year contract.

Garrick interview today on 16:22 - Dec 27 with 623 viewsonehunglow

Garrick interview today on 15:41 - Dec 27 by ReslovenSwan1

This is Swansea city. You do not spend 5 seasons at Swansea and not be able to control the football. It is a basic tenant of the club philosophy. If that was a problem he would be long gone and not sitting on a new 3 year contract.

Think Winnie was addressing me Res.

He s know his stuff does Win

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Garrick interview today on 18:48 - Dec 27 with 606 viewsDr_Winston

Amusing to see Perchy desperately clinging to anyone who even vaguely says the same things as he does, even proven WUMS.

Of course, Liam Cullen has been here for years without looking even remotely like a Championship quality forward, and Matt Grimes still can't take set pieces. Perchy hates them both though, so expect him to overlook the incompatability of his agreement with Res and continued haranguing of the latter two.

Garrick interview today on 20:29 - Dec 27 with 576 viewsReslovenSwan1

Garrick interview today on 18:48 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Amusing to see Perchy desperately clinging to anyone who even vaguely says the same things as he does, even proven WUMS.

Of course, Liam Cullen has been here for years without looking even remotely like a Championship quality forward, and Matt Grimes still can't take set pieces. Perchy hates them both though, so expect him to overlook the incompatability of his agreement with Res and continued haranguing of the latter two.

Garrick is on an upward trajectory. Footballers who progress late commonly hit their straps at around 24. He has the tools and is finishing off his development nicely at Plymouth improving week on week. One goal involvement every three games playing LWB, RWB Winger and central striker. If he can edge these numbers up year on year he will be a good player.

Swansea s do not have a lot of speed. His versatility is a a god given gift in the Covid world. He can cover for multiple positions. Like Grimes at Northampton he is considered good enough feature every week.

Swansea forum have always had those that cast doubts on up and coming prospects. Some times they are proven right (Byers) and other times wrong (James, Roberts, Rodon, McBurney)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024