Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the new Arena 19:48 - Apr 3 with 1971 viewsbritferry

Anyone been in there yet?

I've walked over the bridge and down the old railway embankment towards the county hall, looks really good from the little I've seen.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

the new Arena on 20:29 - Apr 3 with 1903 viewsDr_Winston

Had a wander around. All looks very smart.

Know a few people who went to the Royal Blood gig and they reckon that they've nailed the sound in there. Good tech, good accoustics.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

the new Arena on 22:21 - Apr 3 with 1840 viewsfbreath

Is the car park underneath Swansea city council owned. Do they charge to park there on sundays

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

the new Arena on 22:57 - Apr 3 with 1821 viewsSTID2017

the new Arena on 22:21 - Apr 3 by fbreath

Is the car park underneath Swansea city council owned. Do they charge to park there on sundays

Park by County Hall.
Free on Sundays

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

the new Arena on 00:21 - Apr 4 with 1802 viewsbritferry

the new Arena on 22:57 - Apr 3 by STID2017

Park by County Hall.
Free on Sundays

is the new car park over the bridge next door to Tesco open?

the new Arena on 07:58 - Apr 4 with 1755 viewsAguycalledJack

I went Friday eve. Mrs wanted to see Michael McIntyre.

We were sat upstairs. Venue great, que to get in, took a while to be served at bar. Sound upstairs I thought was not great. Really echoey. Good addition to the city though. And given how busy the bars were for food etc early doors an a Friday will benefit other businesses as well.
the new Arena on 11:13 - Apr 4 with 1709 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

the new Arena on 07:58 - Apr 4 by AguycalledJack

I went Friday eve. Mrs wanted to see Michael McIntyre.

We were sat upstairs. Venue great, que to get in, took a while to be served at bar. Sound upstairs I thought was not great. Really echoey. Good addition to the city though. And given how busy the bars were for food etc early doors an a Friday will benefit other businesses as well.

Wanting to see Michael McIntyre would be legitimate grounds for divorce in most cultures.
the new Arena on 12:22 - Apr 4 with 1690 viewsraynor94

Seeing Rob Brydon there 30th this month, looking forward to seeing inside

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

the new Arena on 12:23 - Apr 4 with 1687 viewsAguycalledJack

Login to get fewer ads

the new Arena on 12:27 - Apr 4 with 1684 viewsfbreath

the new Arena on 22:57 - Apr 3 by STID2017

Park by County Hall.
Free on Sundays

I park there most Sundays as go for a stroll down the Marina was just curious if the new car park was free.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

the new Arena on 17:40 - Apr 4 with 1623 viewsKilkennyjack

the new Arena on 11:13 - Apr 4 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Wanting to see Michael McIntyre would be legitimate grounds for divorce in most cultures.

I have to agree.

Fecking talentless in every respect.

Beware of the Risen People

the new Arena on 22:30 - Apr 4 with 1559 viewsTreforys_Jack

the new Arena on 17:40 - Apr 4 by Kilkennyjack

I have to agree.

Fecking talentless in every respect.

He's old school cabaret, doesn't offend anyone, which is pretty impressive these days. But rather you than me flynn.
the new Arena on 07:56 - Apr 6 with 1436 viewsMinesapint

Yes went last week. Impressed but agree about slight echo.
the new Arena on 08:00 - Apr 6 with 1429 viewsSTID2017

the new Arena on 12:27 - Apr 4 by fbreath

I park there most Sundays as go for a stroll down the Marina was just curious if the new car park was free.

Aw okay.
Often there myself on Sundays to take dog on the beach

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

the new Arena on 14:35 - Apr 7 with 1309 viewsbuilthjack

A good facility to have

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

the new Arena on 16:34 - Apr 7 with 1269 viewsAguycalledJack

the new Arena on 14:35 - Apr 7 by builthjack

A good facility to have

And it doesn’t look as if they are struggling to find acts to fill it.

Let’s hope the novelty doesn’t ware off.
the new Arena on 16:45 - Apr 7 with 1258 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

the new Arena on 22:30 - Apr 4 by Treforys_Jack

He's old school cabaret, doesn't offend anyone, which is pretty impressive these days. But rather you than me flynn.

He’s an irritating gimp of a bloke, but then comedy is a matter of taste and there are an awful lot of people who do like him for whatever reason.
the new Arena on 18:08 - Apr 7 with 1236 viewsMinesapint

the new Arena on 16:45 - Apr 7 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

He’s an irritating gimp of a bloke, but then comedy is a matter of taste and there are an awful lot of people who do like him for whatever reason.

I went to see him last week. Wasn't my choice and wasn't particularly looking forward to it.

Pleasantly surprised. He was very entertaining and his support act was good too.

Kevin Bridges next, later on this year. Now that was my choice. Love the bloke.
the new Arena on 18:36 - Apr 7 with 1217 viewsshingle

I am still patiently waiting for them to book a band worth attending for.
the new Arena on 10:48 - Apr 11 with 1038 viewsLorax

the new Arena on 12:22 - Apr 4 by raynor94

Seeing Rob Brydon there 30th this month, looking forward to seeing inside

We're going to see Bill Bailey, May 7th. The missus loves him. It's not cheap though, 3.80 booking fee each ticket and you have no cancellation right unless you buy it at 2.75 per ticket, that's 6.55 on top per ticket.

We wanted to se Brydon too but missed it, sold out.
the new Arena on 19:21 - Apr 12 with 902 viewsbritferry

Ah, this explains why the prices are extortionate:

Alcohol has been set at a premium price at a new cafe-bar by Swansea Arena to deter people thinking of drinking eight or nine pints, a licensing meeting heard.

Ryan Hole, who operates The Green Room Bar and Kitchen and who is facing objections from nearby residents, said this pricing was done on purpose. "We don't want to be an alcohol-led venue," he said. Mr Hole said customers were likely to have one or two drinks only with their meal at the premises, which he runs with his sister Lucy, at the new coastal park.

The Green Room has been open since mid-March under a temporary licence. Mr Hole has applied for a premises licence with longer operating hours than currently. He wants the venue to be open from 8am to 11.30pm and serve alcohol from 8am to 11pm seven days a week. Some live acoustic music is also proposed indoors.

the new Arena on 18:06 - Apr 14 with 777 viewsLorax

the new Arena on 19:21 - Apr 12 by britferry

Alcohol has been set at a premium price at a new cafe-bar by Swansea Arena to deter people thinking of drinking eight or nine pints, a licensing meeting heard.

Ryan Hole, who operates The Green Room Bar and Kitchen and who is facing objections from nearby residents, said this pricing was done on purpose. "We don't want to be an alcohol-led venue," he said. Mr Hole said customers were likely to have one or two drinks only with their meal at the premises, which he runs with his sister Lucy, at the new coastal park.

The Green Room has been open since mid-March under a temporary licence. Mr Hole has applied for a premises licence with longer operating hours than currently. He wants the venue to be open from 8am to 11.30pm and serve alcohol from 8am to 11pm seven days a week. Some live acoustic music is also proposed indoors.

Yes, high alcohol prices have always made people drink less! I call BS, all this will do is have people sinking a few in town first.

If they don't want people to drink too much in there, tell people to keep their ticket stubs and they can only have 2 alcoholic drinks per stub...which may only work if they have adult and juvenile tickets because right now all tickets are the same price which means nearly 43 quid per ticket for myself, my wife and 13 year old son. Why are kids charged full price?

PS, I will find out what price their soft drinks are and maybe ask why they are so highly priced?
the new Arena on 18:13 - Apr 14 with 766 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

the new Arena on 19:21 - Apr 12 by britferry

I’d probably need 8 or 9 pints if I was going to see Michael McIntyre too.
the new Arena on 18:14 - Apr 14 with 765 viewsWhiterockin

the new Arena on 18:06 - Apr 14 by Lorax

Yes, high alcohol prices have always made people drink less! I call BS, all this will do is have people sinking a few in town first.

If they don't want people to drink too much in there, tell people to keep their ticket stubs and they can only have 2 alcoholic drinks per stub...which may only work if they have adult and juvenile tickets because right now all tickets are the same price which means nearly 43 quid per ticket for myself, my wife and 13 year old son. Why are kids charged full price?

PS, I will find out what price their soft drinks are and maybe ask why they are so highly priced?

Prices are high in our stadium so people drink cans outside. The same will happen at the Arena. If people want to drink they will.
the new Arena on 14:49 - Apr 15 with 700 viewsbritferry

the new Arena on 18:14 - Apr 14 by Whiterockin

Prices are high in our stadium so people drink cans outside. The same will happen at the Arena. If people want to drink they will.

the Queens will be doing a roaring trade too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024