Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trumpet 14:57 - Jun 10 with 2457 viewsCountyJim

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61753870

We will get the usual suspects on here saying they are just ganging up on him no doubt .

Even the republican on there are saying he's guilty
Trumpet on 15:16 - Jun 10 with 2127 viewsDr_Parnassus

Guilty of what exactly? And how?

Happy to take your view on board if it’s an actual view rather than just a link to an article that doesn’t make too much sense.

Just in your own words, guilty of what and how…

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Trumpet on 16:19 - Jun 10 with 2098 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

This does have all the hallmarks of a witch pursuit thing. The people responsible for the violence were the people carrying out the violence. To suggest Trump “organised” it is a huge stretch.

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

“We're going to walk down to the Capitol and we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them."

There was a lot of focus on his use of the word “fight” in the hearing but that’s a word all politicians use regularly and it doesn’t literally mean fight.
Trumpet on 16:24 - Jun 10 with 2088 viewscontroversial_jack

Trumpet on 16:19 - Jun 10 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

This does have all the hallmarks of a witch pursuit thing. The people responsible for the violence were the people carrying out the violence. To suggest Trump “organised” it is a huge stretch.

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

“We're going to walk down to the Capitol and we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them."

There was a lot of focus on his use of the word “fight” in the hearing but that’s a word all politicians use regularly and it doesn’t literally mean fight.

If you used that word in the street, you would be guilty of a public order offence at the very least, but this isn't the US.
Trumpet on 16:31 - Jun 10 with 2089 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Trumpet on 16:24 - Jun 10 by controversial_jack

If you used that word in the street, you would be guilty of a public order offence at the very least, but this isn't the US.

What word? “Fight”?

Nonsense. I could say at the football that the defenders need to fight for every ball. Or someone with cancer could say they would fight every step of the way. Or someone could fight their employer for better wages or conditions. It doesn’t mean they literally walk around swinging punches at everyone.
Trumpet on 16:38 - Jun 10 with 2075 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumpet on 16:24 - Jun 10 by controversial_jack

Cooper and Ayew both serving big stretches in prison last I heard.

Ironically both Biden and Harris have said they will both fight for our democracy too, this among the largest continued rioting for the last few decades.

Funny how words only matter when convenient.

Trumpet on 16:55 - Jun 10 with 2078 viewsKilkennyjack

Trumpet on 15:16 - Jun 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Guilty of what exactly? And how?

Happy to take your view on board if it’s an actual view rather than just a link to an article that doesn’t make too much sense.

Just in your own words, guilty of what and how…

Treason should cover it.

Beware of the Risen People

Trumpet on 17:16 - Jun 10 with 2053 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumpet on 16:55 - Jun 10 by Kilkennyjack

Treason should cover it.

That would cover what you are accusing him of, “how” is the important bit though.

I can accuse you of being an alien from Mars, but unless it’s accompanied with some actual reasoning then it’s all a bit meaningless.

Trumpet on 17:24 - Jun 10 with 2058 viewscontroversial_jack

Trumpet on 16:31 - Jun 10 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

What word? “Fight”?

Nonsense. I could say at the football that the defenders need to fight for every ball. Or someone with cancer could say they would fight every step of the way. Or someone could fight their employer for better wages or conditions. It doesn’t mean they literally walk around swinging punches at everyone.

It would have to be context of course. If I encouraged someone to fight then it's an offense
Login to get fewer ads

Trumpet on 17:31 - Jun 10 with 2045 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumpet on 17:24 - Jun 10 by controversial_jack

It would have to be context of course. If I encouraged someone to fight then it's an offense

Depends who is doing the interpretation.

If Steve Cooper said he wants the players and fans to pitch in and fight for promotion, then I turned round and punched someone. If I said “Steve Cooper said we should”… it wouldn’t carry much weight despite me suggesting I had taken his words literally.

“Fight” for something, is common vernacular in political speeches. It’s not to be taken literally.

Trumpet on 17:31 - Jun 10 with 2056 viewsGwyn737

Impossible to prove incitement.

It seems it is possible to prove that Trump said Mike Pence ‘deserves’ to be hung.

Also it seems possible to prove that even Ivanka believes the election wasn’t ‘stolen’.
Trumpet on 17:42 - Jun 10 with 2036 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumpet on 17:31 - Jun 10 by Gwyn737

It seems it is possible to prove that Trump said Mike Pence ‘deserves’ to be hung.

Also it seems possible to prove that even Ivanka believes the election wasn’t ‘stolen’.

But again, context matters.

Do we really think Trump was suggesting Mike Pence should be executed/murdered?

Obviously not.

If you are at the pub and someone asks you if you want another drink and you say “I’d better not as I’ll be late for dinner, my wife will kill me”. That’s not you telling your friend you are in an abusive relationship and fear for your life - it’s something which should be understood due to the manner in which is was said.

As for what Ivanka thinks, it doesn’t really matter does it?

Victoria Beckham doesn’t like football and thinks it’s boring, doesn’t mean she is right. Being the wife of someone in a certain profession doesn’t mean your view becomes more important than the profession itself.

Trump can be accused of a lot of things. Being brash, being clumsy with wording on occasion, being egotistical… but the constant looking for anything to bash him with just takes out all meaning or impact from the jibes/accusations, as they just all seem to have all common sense, logic and context intentionally removed.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 17:44]

Trumpet on 20:12 - Jun 10 with 1994 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Trumpet on 17:31 - Jun 10 by Gwyn737

So we can find him guilty on the heinous charge of saying something a bit distasteful that he didn’t mean literally.

Politicians should be allowed to say things, well everyone really should be allowed to say things. I don’t know at what point everyone started taking everything people say so literally?
Trumpet on 23:35 - Jun 10 with 1953 viewsLorax

Trumpet on 20:12 - Jun 10 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

So we can find him guilty on the heinous charge of saying something a bit distasteful that he didn’t mean literally.

Politicians should be allowed to say things, well everyone really should be allowed to say things. I don’t know at what point everyone started taking everything people say so literally?

People in the public eye should always choose their words very carefully. Trump hasn't. A politicians words will always be used against him/her. Maybe Trump needed better advice?

Maybe, I mean it's possible, that Trump did literally mean what he said about Pence?
Trumpet on 14:21 - Jun 11 with 1884 viewsGwyn737

Trumpet on 20:12 - Jun 10 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I’m not really bothered with the Pence jibe - it’s silly to give people ammo but that’s it.

The stolen election lie however, that’s abhorrent.
Trumpet on 14:25 - Jun 11 with 1873 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumpet on 14:21 - Jun 11 by Gwyn737

I’m not really bothered with the Pence jibe - it’s silly to give people ammo but that’s it.

The stolen election lie however, that’s abhorrent.

Isn’t it the same as saying Russia won the election for him when he won in 2016?

Pretty sure the Dems still claim that, don’t they?

Trumpet on 15:46 - Jun 11 with 1847 viewsDJack

Trumpet on 14:25 - Jun 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Isn’t it the same as saying Russia won the election for him when he won in 2016?

Pretty sure the Dems still claim that, don’t they?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Trumpet on 21:22 - Jun 11 with 1790 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumpet on 15:46 - Jun 11 by DJack

You have done a thing where you have posted a link to nothing again.

Isn’t that the same as someone posting a link of a ballot box and the tag line saying “ballots allegedly faked”.

You are doing the same thing. Except people don’t realise this voter fraud thing was in place long before Trump, but it was fine to say then.

With a lot of things, it’s one rule for Trump and another for anyone else. Which is why attacks on him rarely if ever hold weight, they just seem silly.

Trumpet on 15:13 - Jun 12 with 1699 viewsGwyn737

Trumpet on 21:22 - Jun 11 by Dr_Parnassus

You have done a thing where you have posted a link to nothing again.

Isn’t that the same as someone posting a link of a ballot box and the tag line saying “ballots allegedly faked”.

You are doing the same thing. Except people don’t realise this voter fraud thing was in place long before Trump, but it was fine to say then.

With a lot of things, it’s one rule for Trump and another for anyone else. Which is why attacks on him rarely if ever hold weight, they just seem silly.

Have you a link to Hillary Clinton threatening to not concede?

Any of her in events calling for results to be overturned?

Any of her using a ‘stolen’ election to raise funds for in investigation?

What happened to the Democratic Party that within 4 years, they went from being unable to prove any interference in 2016 to cheating to such a scale the gained an entire election win in 2020?
Trumpet on 17:51 - Jun 12 with 1659 viewsLorax

Looking at the USA these days it's hard not to feel sympathy. They had Trump and now they have Biden, ol smoky Joe came in as the anti Trump yet he seems to have adopted some of the Donald's policies, immigration to start with.

So they voted for someone different but ended up with the same.

Trump is a Second Amendment fan, at least Biden is trying to do something but there's not much in his favour.

This Trump hearing though, it's not a full on independent inquiry so how can it be fair? There are only 2 Republicans on the panel and they are both staunchly anti Trump. The whole thing is open to allegations of bias from the very beginning.
If Trump has said and done stupid things (and I very much think he has) then it has to be a full on independent inquiry and it has to be done right and properly.

Biden or Trump, Bojo or Starmer...sheesh, what a world.
Trumpet on 10:07 - Jun 13 with 1609 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumpet on 15:13 - Jun 12 by Gwyn737

Have you a link to Hillary Clinton threatening to not concede?

Any of her in events calling for results to be overturned?

Any of her using a ‘stolen’ election to raise funds for in investigation?

What happened to the Democratic Party that within 4 years, they went from being unable to prove any interference in 2016 to cheating to such a scale the gained an entire election win in 2020?

Let’s not pretend this is a new thing.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 10:09]

Trumpet on 17:22 - Jun 13 with 1545 viewsGwyn737

Trumpet on 10:07 - Jun 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Let’s not pretend this is a new thing.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 10:09]

Not even close to the same thing.
Trumpet on 19:55 - Jun 13 with 1513 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumpet on 17:22 - Jun 13 by Gwyn737

Not even close to the same thing.

Of course it is.

Questioning the legitimacy of the sitting President, openly stating that the Dem nominee should not concede under ANY circumstance while telling us for years that she lost because of Russian interference rather than a democratic vote. It’s all the same stuff.

The only difference was she was not (thankfully) President at the time. A lot of the actions in 2020 was obviously born by the Dems behaviour in 2016. Except everything is dramatised with Trump, if he says there is a bees nest in his loft - by the time the story gets written in the media it’s a poisoned hornets nest that he plans to kill Mexicans with.

Trumpet on 23:22 - Jun 14 with 1393 viewsDJack

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Trumpet on 00:30 - Jun 15 with 1376 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumpet on 23:22 - Jun 14 by DJack

Just more one sided nonsense really isn't it.

I long for the days of honest reporting and balanced views again. Did they ever exist or am I just getting wiser to it with age?

Trumpet on 06:24 - Jun 15 with 1352 viewsPawelAbbott

Trumpet on 17:31 - Jun 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Depends who is doing the interpretation.

If Steve Cooper said he wants the players and fans to pitch in and fight for promotion, then I turned round and punched someone. If I said “Steve Cooper said we should”… it wouldn’t carry much weight despite me suggesting I had taken his words literally.

“Fight” for something, is common vernacular in political speeches. It’s not to be taken literally.

If Steve Cooper said he wanted to see his players "fight" and then they went out and played a football match, then during that match he continued to shout at them to "battle". Then that is not an offense as those being directed were not committing offenses.
If he shouted the same whilst they battled police forces defending their nations seat of democracy, assaulted police, illegally entered government buildings and resulted in the deaths of numerous people. Then he should be charged for inciting violence at the very least.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024