Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland back.Great stuff 16:59 - May 21 with 3175 viewsonehunglow

A club that been the the mill but fans stay loyal and passionate
Make no mistake ,this club is a proper club.
Great weekend up there as they're proper football people

Haway the lads ,indeed.

A word about Gareth Ainsworth;class act

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 17:11 - May 21 with 2586 viewsWhiterockin

Not a lot of quality in either side was there though. First goal was a howler by the keeper and second was poor defending.
Sunderland back.Great stuff on 17:36 - May 21 with 2565 viewsbonymine

Yes indeed good to see them back in the Championship.

Great weekend up there stayed in Newcastle back in Prem days when Kyle Naughton scored that screamer in front of us helped us stay up that season.
Swans fans singing the Bradley Lowery song too very emotional cracking atmosphere & seem to recall (vaguely) I sank a few 🍻🍻🍻 that weekend 🤔🥳🤣

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 18:27 - May 21 with 2512 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 17:36 - May 21 by bonymine

Yes indeed good to see them back in the Championship.

Great weekend up there stayed in Newcastle back in Prem days when Kyle Naughton scored that screamer in front of us helped us stay up that season.
Swans fans singing the Bradley Lowery song too very emotional cracking atmosphere & seem to recall (vaguely) I sank a few 🍻🍻🍻 that weekend 🤔🥳🤣

Pity we didnt meet up there.After the game we went to a pub by Wearmouth bridge.Their fans were fantastic.

Weekended in Jesmond ,Newcastle.

People there are nuts but the right kind of nutters

Metro takes you right to S O L

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 19:19 - May 21 with 2480 viewsBadlands

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 18:27 - May 21 by onehunglow

Pity we didnt meet up there.After the game we went to a pub by Wearmouth bridge.Their fans were fantastic.

30,00+ every week.
Didn’t whine or refuse to turn up until the owners sold up etc.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 20:10 - May 21 with 2445 viewsbonymine

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 18:27 - May 21 by onehunglow

Indeed Rich.
We got a mini bus into Sunderland from Newcastle on the day of the game met some mates who were travelling up and back on the day from Swansea in a Wetherspoons then went straight back to the Toon after the game (I think anyway 🤔🙄🍻🥳🤣)

Once went to Hartlepool away many years back we flew up from Bristol again similar trip stayed in Newcastle Tatey was on our flight with his missus we tortured him poor bugger and bumped into him Saturday night in Newcastle he was so pleased to see me (not) 😂😂

Great times, great memories for life 👊

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 08:04 - May 22 with 2328 viewsbuilthjack

Last time in Sunderland (the game when Naughton hit a screamer), we stayed at the Hilton next to the ground (I must have had a good deal).
We were having dinner, David Moyes was eating on his own at the table behind us. He joined us, really nice down to earth bloke. Spent a couple of hours with him, wished him all the best except for the next day's game. He was very complimentary about Swansea.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:07 - May 22 with 2289 viewsSTID2017

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 08:04 - May 22 by builthjack

Last time in Sunderland (the game when Naughton hit a screamer), we stayed at the Hilton next to the ground (I must have had a good deal).
We were having dinner, David Moyes was eating on his own at the table behind us. He joined us, really nice down to earth bloke. Spent a couple of hours with him, wished him all the best except for the next day's game. He was very complimentary about Swansea.

Next season's Swans Independent AGM venue surely ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:10 - May 22 with 2280 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:07 - May 22 by STID2017

Next season's Swans Independent AGM venue surely ?

Unlike somebody upets me,God Willing,that's a place to go .

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:12 - May 22 with 2277 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 20:10 - May 21 by bonymine

Indeed Rich.
We got a mini bus into Sunderland from Newcastle on the day of the game met some mates who were travelling up and back on the day from Swansea in a Wetherspoons then went straight back to the Toon after the game (I think anyway 🤔🙄🍻🥳🤣)

Once went to Hartlepool away many years back we flew up from Bristol again similar trip stayed in Newcastle Tatey was on our flight with his missus we tortured him poor bugger and bumped into him Saturday night in Newcastle he was so pleased to see me (not) 😂😂

Great times, great memories for life 👊

One tome went and met up with the SEALS.Great company. Stayed in Gosforth then and took my lad.
After game,we got somewhat sidetracked and we ended up rather lost in South Shields..

Never trust your father

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:13 - May 22 with 2277 viewsSTID2017

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:10 - May 22 by onehunglow

Unlike somebody upets me,God Willing,that's a place to go .

Been to Middlesbrough and Newcastle.
Looking forward to this one already.

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:20 - May 22 with 2266 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:13 - May 22 by STID2017

Been to Middlesbrough and Newcastle.
Looking forward to this one already.

It's a long way from you for sure;for me an easy and quite pleasant jaunt.
City of Sunderland isnt the best option to stay but Newcastle is tremendous. I might be repeating myself here but if you get on airbnb a search around properties in Jesmond will attract. No real need to go into the city centre but for me it is all about the Geordies who are batshyte crazy and Mackems the same. They truly live for football and their clubs.

Northumberland is stunning althoigh ther sea water is very cold.

You could also stay in Durham city which is beautiful but more staid than Newcastle obviously.

I ll see thee

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 17:37 - May 27 with 1006 viewsRokerRover

Black Cat fan here and its nice to see so many positive messages re our return to the Championship.

I have one beef with most of the posters though. Why do people think 'oh great Sunderland away, lets stay in Newcastle?

Whenever I have been to Swansea (3 times) we have always stayed in Swansea for the full day and night. We would not go to Cardiff because we are not playing Cardiff.

Sunderland on a matchday is actually a very good day and night out and has some excellent pubs and is well worth a visit in its own right. Please at least give it a chance before buggering off to the Bigg Market like most fans who come up here. You might get a very pleasant surprise.

I suspect it irritates some of your lot when away fans stay in Cardiff after a match, so why do it yourselves?

I will come on and give a full list of pubs etc before the game :)

PS - I am not having a dig at Newcastle here either. Its a great City and I was born there and live on Tyneside. Its just that the North East has plenty more to offer on top.
Sunderland back.Great stuff on 18:04 - May 27 with 973 viewspencoedjack

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 17:37 - May 27 by RokerRover

Black Cat fan here and its nice to see so many positive messages re our return to the Championship.

I have one beef with most of the posters though. Why do people think 'oh great Sunderland away, lets stay in Newcastle?

Whenever I have been to Swansea (3 times) we have always stayed in Swansea for the full day and night. We would not go to Cardiff because we are not playing Cardiff.

Sunderland on a matchday is actually a very good day and night out and has some excellent pubs and is well worth a visit in its own right. Please at least give it a chance before buggering off to the Bigg Market like most fans who come up here. You might get a very pleasant surprise.

I suspect it irritates some of your lot when away fans stay in Cardiff after a match, so why do it yourselves?

PS - I am not having a dig at Newcastle here either. Its a great City and I was born there and live on Tyneside. Its just that the North East has plenty more to offer on top.

I concur.

Stayed in Sunderland the game most are talking about on this thread, had a cracking night.

Welcome back 👍
Sunderland back.Great stuff on 18:13 - May 27 with 961 viewsbanshee_72

myself and a couple of mates stayed in Roker back in 2014 when we won 1-3.
Roker was surprisingly nice. right by the sea and with plenty of good bars and pubs.
The "top end of town" was a bit dodgy after the game mind.
i know i'll be going back to Roker next season and it'll hopefully be a saturday game.

the Mackems absolutely hate Steven Taylor for some reason tho?

Croeso RokerRover
Sunderland back.Great stuff on 20:00 - May 27 with 911 viewsonehunglow

Ok then I might well do that.
I was thinking of Durham city though.

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 20:46 - May 27 with 893 viewsKeithHaynes

Welcome mate, Yarm for me 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 20:53 - May 27 with 877 viewsSTID2017

Congratulations on your promotion.
Sounds good.
Been to Newcastle three times and really enjoyed it.
Would love the opportunity to explore Sunderland.
All the best for next season - except when you play us of course ...

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 21:23 - May 27 with 854 viewsKeithHaynes

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 08:04 - May 22 by builthjack

The fact he was eating alone should tell many football fans the life that footballers lead.

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 21:25 - May 27 with 853 viewsbuilthjack

Stayed in Sunderland last time. Will stay there next time. It's tidy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 21:26 - May 27 with 850 viewsSTID2017

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 21:25 - May 27 by builthjack

Stayed in Sunderland last time. Will stay there next time. It's tidy.

I'll pay the fiver then ...

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 21:38 - May 27 with 848 viewsbuilthjack

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 21:23 - May 27 by KeithHaynes

The fact he was eating alone should tell many football fans the life that footballers lead.

Yes, he was glad of the company.

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 21:42 - May 27 with 841 viewsKeithHaynes

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 21:38 - May 27 by builthjack

Yes, he was glad of the company.

I could say more but I won’t, it’s a very lonely life.

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 22:08 - May 27 with 832 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

From a selfish point of view we need less big clubs like Sunderland in this league and more Peterborough’s, Burton Albions, Cardiffs and Wycombes.
Sunderland back.Great stuff on 22:10 - May 27 with 830 viewsbuilthjack

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 21:42 - May 27 by KeithHaynes

I could say more but I won’t, it’s a very lonely life.

I was on the road Monday to Friday for a few years. Hotels are great for a few weeks, then it's boredom every night.

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 22:10 - May 27 with 829 viewsbuilthjack

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 22:08 - May 27 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

From a selfish point of view we need less big clubs like Sunderland in this league and more Peterborough’s, Burton Albions, Cardiffs and Wycombes.

Absolutely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024