Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all 09:48 - Nov 25 with 2504 viewsonehunglow

Next time youre in mortal danger .
Just why do we have a country that see fit to put this officer on trial for a week .
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/24/met-boss-prosecution-pc-crash-wa

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 11:16 - Nov 25 with 1744 viewsmax936

Its the way this country is leading to, god knows what the place will be like in years to come.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 13:25 - Nov 25 with 1710 viewsBoundy

Not making light of the officer's situation, (IMO it shouldn't never have gone to court in the first place ) but he was lucky it didn't happen in Wales

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 13:35 - Nov 25 with 1705 viewsSullutaCreturned

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 11:16 - Nov 25 by max936

Its the way this country is leading to, god knows what the place will be like in years to come.

Well there won't be any decent police. Those that do the job to protect the rest of us will look at what's happening and say, sod that.

Ths officer was rushing towards danger, he was trying to help and in those situations (specially in high traffic volume) accidents will happen, this is rubbish. Before they sack him PC Fisher should walk away. He's better than how they are treating him.

He may not be rushing to help people in the future because of this. Sad.
Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 13:49 - Nov 25 with 1700 viewsonehunglow

Ask yourself this,why would you risk your own life and career only to be sh@t on by politicians and their work .
We can change this

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 14:16 - Nov 25 with 1681 viewsmajorraglan

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 13:25 - Nov 25 by Boundy

Not making light of the officer's situation, (IMO it shouldn't never have gone to court in the first place ) but he was lucky it didn't happen in Wales

What difference would it have made if it had happened in Wales? The criminal justice system and legislation such as Dangerous Driving etc sits under Westminster. The Welsh Hovernment have no jurisdiction in this area.
Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 14:26 - Nov 25 with 1671 viewsmajorraglan

I don’t know the facts, but I think it’s bizarre that an officer attending a call of this nature is in the dock. What is even worse is the fact he’s in a double jeopardy position, he’s been acquitted at Court but is now being pursued on a disciplinary for Gross Misconduct.

I’m also aware that there are moves to change the misconduct process to make it easier to get rid of officers following the Wayne Couzens and other high profile cases, which, in all honesty are likely to put this officer and others in a similar position in the firing line. Even if the officer has the backing of a Chief Constable, they still have to face the IPCC who seem to be on a mission to justify their existence by pursuing cases such as this.

The police need to be held to account, but there needs to be a sensible balance.
Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 14:30 - Nov 25 with 1670 viewsonehunglow

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 14:26 - Nov 25 by majorraglan

I don’t know the facts, but I think it’s bizarre that an officer attending a call of this nature is in the dock. What is even worse is the fact he’s in a double jeopardy position, he’s been acquitted at Court but is now being pursued on a disciplinary for Gross Misconduct.

I’m also aware that there are moves to change the misconduct process to make it easier to get rid of officers following the Wayne Couzens and other high profile cases, which, in all honesty are likely to put this officer and others in a similar position in the firing line. Even if the officer has the backing of a Chief Constable, they still have to face the IPCC who seem to be on a mission to justify their existence by pursuing cases such as this.

The police need to be held to account, but there needs to be a sensible balance.

It is as you say.
And they say the
And they say they can get away with anything
It’s easier to police from behind a desk.
You are in no danger of not going home after work and no member of the public is going to shove a phone in your face when you’re trying to do a job.
We have let the police force down.
Politicians of all colours have dumped on them.
Lawyers take the pysssse out of them .

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 16:07 - Nov 25 with 1646 viewsWingstandwood

Well oh well, all those up at the very top and within are?.... By their own stupidity defunding the police by making it the most 'walking-on-egg-shell' proffesion imaginable!!!!!

Aye morale, number retention and recruitmet fingy hey?

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 16:15 - Nov 25 with 1641 viewsonehunglow

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 16:07 - Nov 25 by Wingstandwood

Well oh well, all those up at the very top and within are?.... By their own stupidity defunding the police by making it the most 'walking-on-egg-shell' proffesion imaginable!!!!!

Aye morale, number retention and recruitmet fingy hey?

Power to the People
Yeah,let them get on with it

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:02 - Nov 26 with 1506 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Fourtunately a Jury found him not guilty.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:44 - Nov 26 with 1474 viewscontroversial_jack

Break the law and you face the courts just like anyone else. Wearing a uniform doesn't make them exempt.
Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:51 - Nov 26 with 1486 viewsmax936

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:02 - Nov 26 by felixstowe_jack

Fourtunately a Jury found him not guilty.

Correctly so as well, but the police disciplinary force got their turn now!

Its a joke

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 18:11 - Nov 26 with 1479 viewsonehunglow

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:51 - Nov 26 by max936

Correctly so as well, but the police disciplinary force got their turn now!

Its a joke

I’ve been in a few tricky situations Ste regarding pursuits . It’s a worry for the family when events are examined .
God knows why they bother
My son in law got out of the Interceptors .tirned in his Firearms ticket and now runs the Drone dept.
Much safer,less hassle .

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 19:23 - Nov 26 with 1468 viewsmax936

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 18:11 - Nov 26 by onehunglow

I’ve been in a few tricky situations Ste regarding pursuits . It’s a worry for the family when events are examined .
God knows why they bother
My son in law got out of the Interceptors .tirned in his Firearms ticket and now runs the Drone dept.
Much safer,less hassle .

Been stuck at home these last weeks meaning I've watched a bit of Telly and watched a police pursuit of three squats giving them the run around on Motorcycles they rode into a disused oil type storage depot, Police had blocked the three exists off, but they still wouldn't give up, they caught one by using the stinger they clearly weren't happy with him , don't know what happened to the other two.
Police helicopters should be armed that would have sorted the job

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 21:08 - Nov 26 with 1429 viewsKilkennyjack

Its the top dogs in the Met should should be in court.

Although it sounds like they have recently interviewed both Gove and Hancock about the PPE VIP money. Like where is it ? Better late than never ?

And the bobbies told to ignore the weekly lock down partying in Number 10. Who told them Johnson was above the law ?

This is why many people do not trust the senior police commanders in the Met.

This Met Driver should never have been in court. The world is upside down.

Beware of the Risen People

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 22:08 - Nov 26 with 1416 viewsBoundy

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 19:23 - Nov 26 by max936

Been stuck at home these last weeks meaning I've watched a bit of Telly and watched a police pursuit of three squats giving them the run around on Motorcycles they rode into a disused oil type storage depot, Police had blocked the three exists off, but they still wouldn't give up, they caught one by using the stinger they clearly weren't happy with him , don't know what happened to the other two.
Police helicopters should be armed that would have sorted the job

One of the most pleasant things to witness was during the recent spate of robberies involving scooters and motorbikes ,firm police tactics were sanctioned which allowed the police to go in realtively hard knocking the rider(s) off, I belive this tactic focused the minds who were committing these offences which have now dropped off a cliff so to speak

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 22:52 - Nov 26 with 1406 viewsonehunglow

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 22:08 - Nov 26 by Boundy

One of the most pleasant things to witness was during the recent spate of robberies involving scooters and motorbikes ,firm police tactics were sanctioned which allowed the police to go in realtively hard knocking the rider(s) off, I belive this tactic focused the minds who were committing these offences which have now dropped off a cliff so to speak

Tactical contact

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 22:56 - Nov 26 with 1405 viewsonehunglow

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 21:08 - Nov 26 by Kilkennyjack

Its the top dogs in the Met should should be in court.

Although it sounds like they have recently interviewed both Gove and Hancock about the PPE VIP money. Like where is it ? Better late than never ?

And the bobbies told to ignore the weekly lock down partying in Number 10. Who told them Johnson was above the law ?

This is why many people do not trust the senior police commanders in the Met.

This Met Driver should never have been in court. The world is upside down.

Correct
For malfeasance in public office by not backing their officers , the ones who smell the mud and the blood and the guts of crime . The ones who are out there whilst these xxxxxs are at a Lodge meeting or tucked up under the duvet
Police should strike and let the public sort it out They want police to hand over the power so let them

Innit

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 10:12 - Nov 27 with 1353 viewsKeithHaynes

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:44 - Nov 26 by controversial_jack

Break the law and you face the courts just like anyone else. Wearing a uniform doesn't make them exempt.

It’s attitudes like that - that reflect the police desire to take on certain incidents as they should, because people are too quick to criticise from their ivory tower because they have an alternative agenda.

My advice to police is, do as little as possible and tick the days off to when you can retire and stick two fingers up to the idiots out there who don’t understand anything about being a copper.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 11:51 - Nov 27 with 1340 viewsonehunglow

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 10:12 - Nov 27 by KeithHaynes

It’s attitudes like that - that reflect the police desire to take on certain incidents as they should, because people are too quick to criticise from their ivory tower because they have an alternative agenda.

My advice to police is, do as little as possible and tick the days off to when you can retire and stick two fingers up to the idiots out there who don’t understand anything about being a copper.

Amen.
Keith,as you know I am/ was strongly in favour of police having the right to strike .
I mean firefighters have it and do.

The assault of police conditions regarding pensions alone would have merited a strike .
Govt know they won’t ,hence they get shafted .
This is accentuated by the rabid hypocrites who scream injustice and abuse of power .
Trouble is ,they don’t e excise it enough.

I’ve always said,the smell and sight of a fresh corpse is a sharpener ,as is the prospect of somebody pointing a gin at you,or a large blade or ,as I experienced ,a boiling chip pan about to come my way .
Public

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:35 - Nov 27 with 1292 viewsFlashberryjack

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:44 - Nov 26 by controversial_jack

I wonder if it would apply to an ambulance driver speeding to someone suffering a heart attack or stroke.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:53 - Nov 27 with 1286 viewsonehunglow

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:35 - Nov 27 by Flashberryjack

I wonder if it would apply to an ambulance driver speeding to someone suffering a heart attack or stroke.

Contro is typical of the genre.
Any of his family wanting emergency treatment sees just what everyone wants, attendance asap .
Got a kid choking,having a seizure ,few care how they get there to help.
House on fire, same applies
Public

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 19:05 - Nov 27 with 1254 viewscontroversial_jack

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 17:35 - Nov 27 by Flashberryjack

No, that's allowed and therefore not breaking the law
Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 19:18 - Nov 27 with 1258 viewsFlashberryjack

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 19:05 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

No, that's allowed and therefore not breaking the law

Ah ! so rushing to save a life in a police car isn't the same as rushing to save a life in an ambulance, that's utterly bonkers.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 19:29 - Nov 27 with 1251 viewsonehunglow

Acquittal of Met Police Driver . A warning to us all on 19:18 - Nov 27 by Flashberryjack

Ah ! so rushing to save a life in a police car isn't the same as rushing to save a life in an ambulance, that's utterly bonkers.

It’s often the case ,police get to a potential death situation well before ambulance .
They protect the scene then for ammo and fire boys to deal l
It’s a united response
Both ambo and Fire can strike,so should police
Contro doesn’t see them as special case ,which is all the more reason for them to have right to strike .
Public needs a wake up call.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024