Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to 21:40 - Nov 27 with 1925 viewsonehunglow

Ok Personally the cup win at Anfield is still living within me and some of our victorys in the Prem but for balls out ,emotional stuff it’s the last World speedway final at Wembley in 1981
Wembley was quite a big track being around a football pitch and it was wide and had plenty of shale ( dirt) for grip to pass .
Penhall was a great guy in every way .

These two races sum up the whole evening which will remain within me until the day I die.
To race that close at around 80 mph takes trust in your fellow competitors . They have been many twxxxts who went over the line and were simply dangerous .

Enjoy

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sca_esv=585714901&hl=en-gb&a

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 08:41 - Nov 28 with 1858 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 08:48 - Nov 28 with 1852 viewsonehunglow

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 08:41 - Nov 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yep,fair play. Great stuff too.
Wembley on a Saturday night though with 95000 crowd and screaming speedway bikes and dirt flying everywhere ,the smell of methanol really sticks with me .

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 13:26 - Nov 28 with 1822 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans beating Reading at Wembley is the correct answer, shared with the whole Jack Army.
What a day out !!

Preston also, of course.

Thats it thanks.

Beware of the Risen People

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 13:37 - Nov 28 with 1821 viewsonehunglow

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 13:26 - Nov 28 by Kilkennyjack

Swans beating Reading at Wembley is the correct answer, shared with the whole Jack Army.
What a day out !!

Preston also, of course.

Thats it thanks.

Thing with speedway Killy was that I was heavily into the sport and Penhall was a class act ,great guy to talk to .
That he won made our evening.
Also ,it was longer an evening than any football game I’d been to .

I could have created a thread of the most disappointing event .

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 18:16 - Nov 28 with 1766 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 08:48 - Nov 28 by onehunglow

Yep,fair play. Great stuff too.
Wembley on a Saturday night though with 95000 crowd and screaming speedway bikes and dirt flying everywhere ,the smell of methanol really sticks with me .

Oh we've lost, becomes this is fun, becomes this is really good fun, becomes, there's a chance we could do this, becomes we may well win this , becomes oh sh1t we are nearly there and then Stokes snacks Cummins through cover point and half the crowd go mad and the other half, me included sit there worn out. A great afternoon of sporting theatre.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 18:22 - Nov 28 with 1764 viewsonehunglow

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 18:16 - Nov 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Oh we've lost, becomes this is fun, becomes this is really good fun, becomes, there's a chance we could do this, becomes we may well win this , becomes oh sh1t we are nearly there and then Stokes snacks Cummins through cover point and half the crowd go mad and the other half, me included sit there worn out. A great afternoon of sporting theatre.

‘Twas great sport,I Agree .
Thing is ,it doesn’t smell of methanol.

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 18:44 - Nov 29 with 1635 viewsshingle

Has to be UFC world title events in Madison Sq Garden and Vegas, they make an fa cup final or a New Zealand v Wales international look like a game of marbles a way more exciting level of entertainment.
Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 19:56 - Nov 29 with 1615 viewsKilkennyjack

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 18:44 - Nov 29 by shingle

Has to be UFC world title events in Madison Sq Garden and Vegas, they make an fa cup final or a New Zealand v Wales international look like a game of marbles a way more exciting level of entertainment.

Who did you watch ?

Sounds like a top day out to me.

Login to get fewer ads

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 20:11 - Nov 29 with 1610 viewsshingle

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 18:44 - Nov 29 by shingle

Bisping v Gsp and Oliveira v Piorier, also saw Jon Jones Win the title against Shogun at the Prudential Arena New Jersey with my oldman that was before they allowed the UFC to hold events in New York.
Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 20:17 - Nov 29 with 1606 viewsKilkennyjack

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 20:11 - Nov 29 by shingle

Bisping v Gsp and Oliveira v Piorier, also saw Jon Jones Win the title against Shogun at the Prudential Arena New Jersey with my oldman that was before they allowed the UFC to hold events in New York.

Wow - thats fantastic.

You get my vote 👍

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 10:52 - Dec 1 with 1511 viewsunion_jack

What a day out !!

Preston also, of course.

Thats it thanks.

Hard for any Swans supporter to see past these two games. You could add in the home semi v Nottm Forest for atmosphere and the Leeds home game that season I think. I was lucky to be at all four of those.

I was also lucky enough to be taken to see the Kansas City Royals v Minnesota baseball game in 1981 which wasn’t the best sporting event, didn’t really understand the game, but it wasn’t something you could see everyday in the flesh here in the UK si it was exciting in that regard.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 10:59 - Dec 1 with 1507 viewsonehunglow

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 10:52 - Dec 1 by union_jack

Hard for any Swans supporter to see past these two games. You could add in the home semi v Nottm Forest for atmosphere and the Leeds home game that season I think. I was lucky to be at all four of those.

I was also lucky enough to be taken to see the Kansas City Royals v Minnesota baseball game in 1981 which wasn’t the best sporting event, didn’t really understand the game, but it wasn’t something you could see everyday in the flesh here in the UK si it was exciting in that regard.

Exciting is sometimes better without the tension
At the famous fixtures mentioned, the sir crackled with excitement but with tension as do much at stake
The speedway final was simply ear splitting joy for us

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 17:10 - Dec 1 with 1469 viewsunion_jack

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 10:59 - Dec 1 by onehunglow

Exciting is sometimes better without the tension
At the famous fixtures mentioned, the sir crackled with excitement but with tension as do much at stake
The speedway final was simply ear splitting joy for us

Yes, totally agree.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 18:20 - Dec 1 with 1443 viewsonehunglow

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 17:10 - Dec 1 by union_jack

Yes, totally agree.

Should add that both wifey and I were virtually deaf for two hours afterwards .
Wembley was a wonderful track and atmospheric stadium which saw supporters of all riders enjoy the occasion .
That’s the difference for me and watching the Swans. Too much tension and hard to enjoy .

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 19:31 - Dec 1 with 1414 viewsPlankton

Swansea Hull.
When that chip went in for the fourth, me and my dad on the North Bank going mental.
Special.
Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 19:43 - Dec 1 with 1403 viewsWhiterockin

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 19:31 - Dec 1 by Plankton

Swansea Hull.
When that chip went in for the fourth, me and my dad on the North Bank going mental.
Special.

Father and son at the football gives you memories you will never forget and in later life brings a tear to your eye. Treasure the memories.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 20:14 - Dec 1 with 1381 viewsonehunglow

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 19:43 - Dec 1 by Whiterockin

Father and son at the football gives you memories you will never forget and in later life brings a tear to your eye. Treasure the memories.

True enough.first away game for OHL was at Molineux 1958.
Add in Villa Park 64.
Villa Park debacle I was sweet 14
Massive crowd ,even bigger disappointment

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 21:58 - Dec 1 with 1346 viewsKeithHaynes

1975 at Lords to see David Steele make his England debut, he was just about to retire.

As a young kid back then the Lords crowd was fascinating . Loved Steele, anyone who remembers him will recall that hook shot. It was a day I’ve never forgotten. You could even go in the pitch at lunch and have a knock about with your mates around the boundary.

We are on about sport, so I’ve left my Swans memories to one side.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 13:43 - Dec 2 with 1267 viewsonehunglow

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 21:58 - Dec 1 by KeithHaynes

1975 at Lords to see David Steele make his England debut, he was just about to retire.

As a young kid back then the Lords crowd was fascinating . Loved Steele, anyone who remembers him will recall that hook shot. It was a day I’ve never forgotten. You could even go in the pitch at lunch and have a knock about with your mates around the boundary.

We are on about sport, so I’ve left my Swans memories to one side.

Brought in purely as he had bucketloads of guts to face Dennis and Jeff

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 14:59 - Dec 2 with 1258 viewsKeithHaynes

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 13:43 - Dec 2 by onehunglow

Brought in purely as he had bucketloads of guts to face Dennis and Jeff

And he did admirably.
Back in the days where my ‘action man’ had been put in storage under the stairs, and we arranged this by way of the medium of writing letters.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 22:44 - Dec 5 with 1090 viewsReslovenSwan1

What a day out !!

Preston also, of course.

Thats it thanks.

I was a bag of nerves all day. Icould not go as I was obliged to work. No internet either.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 10:49 - Dec 6 with 1002 viewsonehunglow

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 22:44 - Dec 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I was a bag of nerves all day. Icould not go as I was obliged to work. No internet either.

It’s why I’ve never really enjoyed key games .
I don’t really like close contests. I’d rather kill our opponent .
It’s why I still hark backto my speedway days and the thrill of methanol,the spray of shale and the putrid smell of hod dogs,burgers and stewed tea.
At that level,trust between riders is key as both could be killed if temper is lost. I attach this as an example ,pure and simple
Long track bikes have two gears and can be tuned to do well over 100 mph depending on the track .
Ice speedway is off the scale .

https://www.google.com/search?q=peter+collins+and+egon+muller&ie=UTF-8&o

https://www.google.com/search?q=ice+speedway+races&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&

Enjoy

Most exciting sporting event you’ve gone to on 13:45 - Dec 6 with 975 viewsonehunglow

Grammy beating the Aussies at St Helen’s too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024