Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump 13:40 - Jan 27 with 43361 viewsLoyal

Beginning to gain momentum, regardless of people's feelings on him.

Some people are saying that he will never be President.

One name Ronald Reagan. The Americans love all this, and would vote for it to happen.
That I am sure.

My view is he won't live long enough for this to materialise.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 13:42]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Donald Trump on 21:17 - Jan 27 with 1666 viewsDarran

Donald Trump on 21:15 - Jan 27 by Loyal

I thought parliament was voting on it ?

No they had a debate on it because so many stupid thick pricks signed a petition and he's not being banned.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Donald Trump on 21:18 - Jan 27 with 1653 viewsexiledclaseboy

Donald Trump on 21:15 - Jan 27 by Loyal

I thought parliament was voting on it ?

There was a debate cos more than100k signed the petition. No vote and no ban.

Poll: Tory leader

Donald Trump on 21:21 - Jan 27 with 1640 viewsLoyal

Donald Trump on 21:18 - Jan 27 by exiledclaseboy

There was a debate cos more than100k signed the petition. No vote and no ban.

👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Donald Trump on 21:25 - Jan 27 with 1624 viewsDarran

Donald Trump on 21:21 - Jan 27 by Loyal

👍

My pleasure.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Donald Trump on 21:26 - Jan 27 with 1619 viewsLoyal

Donald Trump on 21:25 - Jan 27 by Darran

My pleasure.

Lovely.

Donald Trump on 21:29 - Jan 27 with 1606 viewsKilkennyjack

Well I hope mrs clinton wins ....and not least because she is a bit welsh .....go mrs clinton ...

Beware of the Risen People

Donald Trump on 21:45 - Jan 27 with 1584 viewsThursday

Donald Trump on 21:15 - Jan 27 by Swanzay

Lets all remember 80% of americans dont have passports and thier knowledge of the real world is beyond the pale.

He will collect all the midwest and southern votes for sure. the republicans dont seem to have a realistic counter that can reach the people thae way he does or funding.

Going to be interesting times, although cant see him getting into office.

He likes to get his own way though this could be his downfall.

The majority don't have passports because they don't need them, not because they don't travel. What is it from one end of the country to the other? 3,000 miles or thereabouts? You can go on holiday in Libya and not even travel close to that far. That's why the passport percentage is low: they can travel around enough that the experience is like being in a different country. It wasn't long ago that they didn't need passports to travel to Mexico or Canada, either.

If anyone believes that Trump will be on the Republican ticket running for president, I'll put up $1,000 against theirs for a donation to the trust. Double that if he goes ahead and wins.
Donald Trump on 22:07 - Jan 27 with 1559 viewsDavillin

Donald Trump on 19:16 - Jan 27 by snork44

Living here for the last two and half years is a real eye opener. Trump is a really dislikable person, but he is different to rest of the candidates as is Ben Carson, but Trump says what the Republican voters want to here e.g Small Goverment, Pro-life and 100 % for the 2nd Amendment and the NRA. To see the debates are so defining the GOP candidates express they have an 'A' rating with the NRA and yet Hillary and Bernie are proud to confess they have a negative rating with the same organization when they have the Democratic debates. To be honest none is worth on vote between them. Trump is an ego on legs,Rubio too young and inexperienced, Cruz is totally dislikable and has question marks over his American heritage and Bush is just part of the Bush dynasty! On the other side Hillary has a ton of baggage that would weigh down a Jumbo Jet and Bernie Sanders is just too old.

I must say you've learned a lot about U.S. politics in two and a half years.

I'd love to have heard your contemporary comments on any other presidential campaign and election since 1960 [my first vote for a president] -- followed by your critique about those comments.

[That's genuine, and in no way negative.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump on 22:16 - Jan 27 with 1555 viewsDavillin

Donald Trump on 21:05 - Jan 27 by Dr_Winston

It's been out for a while. Would appear that nobody cares.

I'm not sure that's the right conclusion about why it hasn't been publicized. Yet.

Whether you agree or not, there has always been noticeably more public civility among Republicans. Trump is the obvious exception.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Donald Trump on 22:42 - Jan 27 with 1543 viewslancasterswan

I'll still bet everyone a zillion imaginary pounds that the election will be decided by 5-7 states and their relative high representation in the electoral college. The coastal states' populations, West and East are the passport holders. The Southern and Mid Western and Western states have people who have never read more than their local paper and have mostly no idea what a passport is or why an American might need one. In some states it is illegal to teach evolution in even the simplest form, and in others Creationism as in Genesis and the Bible is what can only be taught.... What? Their electoral system for President is bizarre and designed to ensure the interim elections get an opposition to the Presidential party. That's what's shafted a well meaning but in the end ineffective 16 years of Clinton and Obama. The institutional legal system on the closest vote possible ensured Gore lost to Bush in the most dubious of cases with rigged mechanical voting machines. It's absolutely no wonder President-President - (change constitution) - Prime Minister-Prime Minister - President - Putin has to keep from wetting himself with this charade. That's a man who really knows how to run a 100% turnout democracy. Save the bucks, the ticker tape and the balloons and just get on with getting elected.

Our friend Tummer from Texas, a good friend obviously, is exempt from this unnecessary abuse against the Colonials.
Donald Trump on 22:55 - Jan 27 with 1524 viewsThursday

Donald Trump on 22:42 - Jan 27 by lancasterswan

I'll still bet everyone a zillion imaginary pounds that the election will be decided by 5-7 states and their relative high representation in the electoral college. The coastal states' populations, West and East are the passport holders. The Southern and Mid Western and Western states have people who have never read more than their local paper and have mostly no idea what a passport is or why an American might need one. In some states it is illegal to teach evolution in even the simplest form, and in others Creationism as in Genesis and the Bible is what can only be taught.... What? Their electoral system for President is bizarre and designed to ensure the interim elections get an opposition to the Presidential party. That's what's shafted a well meaning but in the end ineffective 16 years of Clinton and Obama. The institutional legal system on the closest vote possible ensured Gore lost to Bush in the most dubious of cases with rigged mechanical voting machines. It's absolutely no wonder President-President - (change constitution) - Prime Minister-Prime Minister - President - Putin has to keep from wetting himself with this charade. That's a man who really knows how to run a 100% turnout democracy. Save the bucks, the ticker tape and the balloons and just get on with getting elected.

Our friend Tummer from Texas, a good friend obviously, is exempt from this unnecessary abuse against the Colonials.

No one is arguing that about the state representation in the electoral college. My offer was genuine, you don't have to like it.

>West... are the passport holders.
>Western states... have mostly no idea what a passport is

Do you know what a compass is? Did you mean to differentiate the Mountain and Pacific States?

I honestly didn't know that some states hold laws making it illegal to teach evolution. Could you give us a list?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 23:15]
Donald Trump on 23:29 - Jan 27 with 1492 viewsHumpty

Donald Trump on 22:55 - Jan 27 by Thursday

No one is arguing that about the state representation in the electoral college. My offer was genuine, you don't have to like it.

Do you know what a compass is? Did you mean to differentiate the Mountain and Pacific States?

I honestly didn't know that some states hold laws making it illegal to teach evolution. Could you give us a list?

I don't think any states make it illegal to teach evolution, though I've no doubt they would if they could.

I believe some insist you have to teach creationism as well, as an equally valid theory. In science classes. Which is of course f*cking laughable.

"Teach the controversy" they say. There is no f*cking controversy. One is a scientific theory, proven by a wealth of evidence. The other is religious horseshit backed up by zero evidence.
Donald Trump on 23:30 - Jan 27 with 1491 viewsThursday

Donald Trump on 23:29 - Jan 27 by Humpty

I don't think any states make it illegal to teach evolution, though I've no doubt they would if they could.

I believe some insist you have to teach creationism as well, as an equally valid theory. In science classes. Which is of course f*cking laughable.

"Teach the controversy" they say. There is no f*cking controversy. One is a scientific theory, proven by a wealth of evidence. The other is religious horseshit backed up by zero evidence.

That's my understanding, too. I was looking forward for a list from Lancasterswan...
Donald Trump on 23:32 - Jan 27 with 1488 viewslancasterswan

Donald Trump on 22:55 - Jan 27 by Thursday

Yes I know what a compass is bud. Please don't call me a pussy dribble it's quite offensive. S@d what you define as Mountain, Pacific or Western, I was generalising. If you want me to go into named time zones and whether you wear a 10 gallon hat in one state or a baseball cap I will. All I was saying that those states closest to the ocean (or sea as I would call it .. ie closest to a foreign country, are the most likely to hold a passport)

Here's the map

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/09/post_662_n_833399.html

Meanwhile, I believe that 85% of all people in the UK hold either a UK, Irish or EU passport...and another 5% US or Australian/NZ passport.

As for evolution and State Law I'm out of date and partially wrong in the last 5 years and it's obviously controversial, sorry for the paste from Wikipedia,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_and_evolution_in_public_education_in_the_

but this is where these States are now....there is a rather ironic comparison with some of the fundamentalist Christian beliefs and those of the confirmed belief in creationism in Islam.

Can we leave this now, I don't want a side argument, just a Prem place next year. Carry on with your Donald Trump stuff and I'll just keep reading the New Yorker.
Donald Trump on 23:36 - Jan 27 with 1481 viewsperchrockjack

Why the need for Lancaster Swan to get that reaction.

We have a virus on this site.

Seems fair comments to me.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Donald Trump on 23:40 - Jan 27 with 1102 viewsThursday

Donald Trump on 23:32 - Jan 27 by lancasterswan

Yes I know what a compass is bud. Please don't call me a pussy dribble it's quite offensive. S@d what you define as Mountain, Pacific or Western, I was generalising. If you want me to go into named time zones and whether you wear a 10 gallon hat in one state or a baseball cap I will. All I was saying that those states closest to the ocean (or sea as I would call it .. ie closest to a foreign country, are the most likely to hold a passport)

Here's the map

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/09/post_662_n_833399.html

Meanwhile, I believe that 85% of all people in the UK hold either a UK, Irish or EU passport...and another 5% US or Australian/NZ passport.

As for evolution and State Law I'm out of date and partially wrong in the last 5 years and it's obviously controversial, sorry for the paste from Wikipedia,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_and_evolution_in_public_education_in_the_

but this is where these States are now....there is a rather ironic comparison with some of the fundamentalist Christian beliefs and those of the confirmed belief in creationism in Islam.

Can we leave this now, I don't want a side argument, just a Prem place next year. Carry on with your Donald Trump stuff and I'll just keep reading the New Yorker.

Yes, I did delete the insult before you posted, sorry I didn't make it before you read it. It was rather crass, but not as bad as insulting an entire nation, I thought.

I'm sorry that you find it sad how Americans categorize their states. How rude of them, eh?

I don't really want to read through the Wiki link, but I'm quite sure that there'd be close to zero states there where it is illegal.

Happy to leave it. Most things here are light hearted. I only read the New Yorker for the comics.
Donald Trump on 23:41 - Jan 27 with 1095 viewsThursday

Donald Trump on 23:36 - Jan 27 by perchrockjack

Why the need for Lancaster Swan to get that reaction.

We have a virus on this site.

Seems fair comments to me.

Well, if you make sweeping, racist comments too then, yes, I suppose you would think them fair comments.
Donald Trump on 23:42 - Jan 27 with 1093 viewslancasterswan

Donald Trump on 23:40 - Jan 27 by Thursday

Yes, I did delete the insult before you posted, sorry I didn't make it before you read it. It was rather crass, but not as bad as insulting an entire nation, I thought.

I'm sorry that you find it sad how Americans categorize their states. How rude of them, eh?

I don't really want to read through the Wiki link, but I'm quite sure that there'd be close to zero states there where it is illegal.

Happy to leave it. Most things here are light hearted. I only read the New Yorker for the comics.

Thursday, cool, that's fine.

I get heated about democracy. Let's stay in the Prem :-)
Donald Trump on 23:51 - Jan 27 with 1082 viewslancasterswan

Donald Trump on 23:41 - Jan 27 by Thursday

Well, if you make sweeping, racist comments too then, yes, I suppose you would think them fair comments.

This is in humour.....

I've always thought of the US as many countries, all different and interesting, and a great place to go, but Wales just as interesting but only two.

Have a good lunchtime/afternoon/evening Thursday :-)
Donald Trump on 00:01 - Jan 28 with 1071 viewslondonlisa2001

Donald Trump on 21:45 - Jan 27 by Thursday

The majority don't have passports because they don't need them, not because they don't travel. What is it from one end of the country to the other? 3,000 miles or thereabouts? You can go on holiday in Libya and not even travel close to that far. That's why the passport percentage is low: they can travel around enough that the experience is like being in a different country. It wasn't long ago that they didn't need passports to travel to Mexico or Canada, either.

If anyone believes that Trump will be on the Republican ticket running for president, I'll put up $1,000 against theirs for a donation to the trust. Double that if he goes ahead and wins.

Surely travel is about experience of different cultures - languages, food, music, religion, art, architecture, way of life, rather than distance.

You can travel a thousand miles in the U.S. without noticing discernible difference in any of those things. That's the issue. I'm not saying there are no differences between States, but there really aren't many - drive for a week and you'll find the same shops, restaurants, clothing, TV, music, language, religion, buildings, general way of life as you did when you started.

The main cultural differences are on the East and West Coasts as compared with the middle and the people on the coasts are the ones with the passports although I believe that the total % has increased a lot in the last few years.

I can't imagine why anyone considering voting for Trump should frankly be allowed to the end of their road without a carer let alone letting them have a passport by the way, but that is a different matter.
Donald Trump on 00:10 - Jan 28 with 1063 viewsThursday

Donald Trump on 00:01 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

Surely travel is about experience of different cultures - languages, food, music, religion, art, architecture, way of life, rather than distance.

You can travel a thousand miles in the U.S. without noticing discernible difference in any of those things. That's the issue. I'm not saying there are no differences between States, but there really aren't many - drive for a week and you'll find the same shops, restaurants, clothing, TV, music, language, religion, buildings, general way of life as you did when you started.

The main cultural differences are on the East and West Coasts as compared with the middle and the people on the coasts are the ones with the passports although I believe that the total % has increased a lot in the last few years.

I can't imagine why anyone considering voting for Trump should frankly be allowed to the end of their road without a carer let alone letting them have a passport by the way, but that is a different matter.

You can also travel far less than a thousand miles in the US and notice discernible differences in culture and environment. Many states differ dramatically in food, music, art, architecture etc. When it comes to language…. Well, there are plenty of places to visit for Spanish immersion. Besides, who from the UK holidays in Spain to brush up on their second language skills? I would ask “who from the UK visits Libya for a Sunni holiday” but I’m not sure perch would understand the intent. I think there are vast differences across the states, especially people, cultures, landscapes, music, and food.

I guess it really depends on what people really travel for. I think you're being very gracious there. I'm sure plenty would travel to the states and be delighted to eat McDonald's.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 0:17]
Donald Trump on 00:21 - Jan 28 with 1047 viewslondonlisa2001

Donald Trump on 00:10 - Jan 28 by Thursday

You can also travel far less than a thousand miles in the US and notice discernible differences in culture and environment. Many states differ dramatically in food, music, art, architecture etc. When it comes to language…. Well, there are plenty of places to visit for Spanish immersion. Besides, who from the UK holidays in Spain to brush up on their second language skills? I would ask “who from the UK visits Libya for a Sunni holiday” but I’m not sure perch would understand the intent. I think there are vast differences across the states, especially people, cultures, landscapes, music, and food.

I guess it really depends on what people really travel for. I think you're being very gracious there. I'm sure plenty would travel to the states and be delighted to eat McDonald's.

Weather and landscape will be different of course, but the cultural differences are very small relatively speaking. Same as there are differences of landscape and culture travelling from Cornwall to Snowdon, to the Cotswolds, to the Highlands of Scotland, but not the cultural differences you'll find in traveling to India, or China, or Ethiopia, or Egypt, or yes, even Spain.

If you genuinely think it's the same thing, then fine.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 0:24]
Donald Trump on 00:31 - Jan 28 with 1041 viewsLoyal

Donald Trump on 23:40 - Jan 27 by Thursday

I am extremely keen to know what a pussy dribble is, and where I can get one.

Donald Trump on 00:32 - Jan 28 with 1039 viewsDJack

Donald Trump on 00:10 - Jan 28 by Thursday

I think Lisa's point is that across America it is a variation of the same theme.

On another point your comment to Lancaster after, agreeing a truce, was "I only read the New Yorker for the comics" from someone of your intellect a bit (accidentally!?) condescending perhaps?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Donald Trump on 00:35 - Jan 28 with 1035 viewsHumpty

Donald Trump on 18:00 - Jan 27 by johnlangy

Talking about lunacy, did you see that complete moron Sarah Palin's speech supporting him ? Most of what she said was rubbish. Not in a crap argument sense but simply that the words she put together didn't constitute a proper sentence.

She also said recently that immigrants into the USA would have to learn to speak 'American' (seriously). Well, I think she'll be sitting alongside them at remedial class level.

Ah the lovely Sarah.

Who's lovely son was arrested last week for beating up his girlfriend whilst drunk.

Sarah, back in the public eye, obviously had to mention this tawdry fact this week.

And who did she blame?

Her son for being a women beating c*nt?

Herself and her husband for raising a women beating c*nt?

Nah. It was Obama's fault.

http://time.com/4187437/sarah-palin-track-ptsd-obama-trump/

What an absolut c*nt she is. Goes well with The Donald.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024