Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... 13:52 - Oct 25 with 20821 viewsLohengrin

I see its been announced today that Swansea is to take in an as yet unspecified number of 'child' refugees. You'll no doubt start to encounter these moslem toddlers on Oxford Street over the coming months suffering gout and sporting dentures.

While the Government and Council happily dip into your pocket without a second thought to fund these interlopers the local boy below has to try and fund raise to get a set of prosthetic hands.

Where the fcuk are their priorities?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 14:56 - Oct 26 with 1187 viewsLohengrin

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 14:42 - Oct 26 by Glyn1

Of course we should be taking in and protecting children.

Jordan, Turkey, Germany all take in millions of refugees and we've taken in about a dozen - are there even any refugees in Swansea?

It's about time we did our share.

As John has pointed out earlier in the thread there are over 900 asylum seekers in town currently on Section 95 publically funded support, Glyn.

With over 4,000 on the waiting list for social housing in the City and County area would you consider that share a fair one?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 14:58]

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:02 - Oct 26 with 1174 viewsDarran

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 14:56 - Oct 26 by Darran

The last time he lost it he wrote a Planetswans resignation later,you know the type I'm off,you're all c*nts and I'm not coming back.

And he told the people of Swansea they live in a backward part of the world too.
Left winger see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:05 - Oct 26 with 1167 viewsDDCH

Darran has already said it earlier that the majority of people would welcome children with open arms. These are not children, and using the daily mail says so argument is nonsense. Are you suggesting they look older due to printing font used?

It also depends on what part of Swansea you are in. Nice place in Mayals, well you know you are not gonna have any by you, so it's easy to play the virtue card.

I personally work hard, but live on a terraced street, and have to 'enjoy' the culture for myself. The culture of 3am shouting in unknown languages. Armed response Police cars in the streets with machine guns as the lads opposite and a few houses down got into a row and one got a knife from the kitchen and chased the other around (something the police said was common and was probably just a storm in a teacup, as they often resort to threatening each other with knives).

Well Emo, I'm sure my views mean I am some thick manual worker in your book, who's not up to your level, but it's as much my country as it is yours.

Interesting observation about SJW's......have you noticed they rarely have a partner/kids? Maybe the crying out for love is just that.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:08 - Oct 26 with 1163 viewsGroo

If the likes of our Jude and Lily want to see refugee children that need our help, I suggest they make their way to the Syrian border, to the refugee camps there.

Orphaned children under 12 are not making their way to Calais, passing through numerous safe Countries on the way without claiming asylum, they are alone, frightened and if not already, in danger of attack by adults, within refugee camps on the borders around Syria.

These are the children that Britain and other Countries should be helping.

Not the thugs throwing rocks at cars and trucks in France.

Groo does what Groo does best

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:12 - Oct 26 with 1144 viewsGroo

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/23/foster-mother-says-refugee-12-turned-out-to-be-21-

"A foster mother says she took in a 12-year-old refugee from Afghanistan — who turned out to be a 21-year-old man."

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:15 - Oct 26 with 1139 viewsEbo

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:02 - Oct 26 by Darran

And he told the people of Swansea they live in a backward part of the world too.
Left winger see.

Who gives a f*ck Dar? I certainly don't.

Planet Swamp is right. It's where the pond life live. It's not much better on the other site either.

You don't get tvvats on Pete's site and for good reason too. Any nonsense and you are out pronto.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:16 - Oct 26 with 1135 viewsLohengrin

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:12 - Oct 26 by Groo

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/23/foster-mother-says-refugee-12-turned-out-to-be-21-

"A foster mother says she took in a 12-year-old refugee from Afghanistan — who turned out to be a 21-year-old man."

"But when they went swimming they noticed how hairy he was, and on a trip to a shooting range he stripped a gun before firing it."

Sometimes all you can do is laugh!

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:17 - Oct 26 with 1132 viewsLohengrin

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:15 - Oct 26 by Ebo

Planet Swamp is right. It's where the pond life live. It's not much better on the other site either.

You don't get tvvats on Pete's site and for good reason too. Any nonsense and you are out pronto.

Haven't you got a cell meeting to go to or something, comrade?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:19 - Oct 26 with 1120 viewsDarran

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:15 - Oct 26 by Ebo

You're on Petes site aren't you?

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:26 - Oct 26 with 1104 viewsraynor94

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 14:56 - Oct 26 by Darran

The last time he lost it he wrote a Planetswans resignation later,you know the type I'm off,you're all c*nts and I'm not coming back.

I remember him doing a classic frump on the football board, when we were 3 -1 down against Boro in our championship days, and came back to win 4-3 funny enough he didn't post for a bit after that

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:26 - Oct 26 with 1104 viewsLohengrin

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:19 - Oct 26 by Darran

You're on Petes site aren't you?

Pete who?

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:27 - Oct 26 with 1095 viewsEbo

Read this
http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/12612892

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:29 - Oct 26 with 1092 viewsEbo

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:26 - Oct 26 by Lohengrin

Pete who?

Not hard to work out.

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:31 - Oct 26 with 1078 viewsDarran

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:26 - Oct 26 by Lohengrin

Pete who?

That's him his old mans a doctor.

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:38 - Oct 26 with 1062 viewsGroo

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:27 - Oct 26 by Ebo

Read this

How about Syrian camps and not Calais

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3515912/The-babies-survived-massacre-mum

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/gallery/201

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2016/01/21/463708718/the-syrian-orphans-ke

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/2016/05/orphans-syria-war-1605280836

Somke of these are displaced in Turkey
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 15:40]

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:40 - Oct 26 with 1056 viewsLohengrin

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:27 - Oct 26 by Ebo

Read this

From the Huffington Post which had Mehdi Hasan as its political director, the same chap that said "non-moslems live their lives like cattle?" I for one am entirely comfortable taking what they have to say on face value.

Just so we are crystal clear the men pictured coming from Calais were admitted under the Dubs Amendment that allowed "particularly vulnerable children - such as girls and those under 13 - refuge in the UK."

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:47 - Oct 26 with 1031 viewsEbo

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:40 - Oct 26 by Lohengrin

From the Huffington Post which had Mehdi Hasan as its political director, the same chap that said "non-moslems live their lives like cattle?" I for one am entirely comfortable taking what they have to say on face value.

Just so we are crystal clear the men pictured coming from Calais were admitted under the Dubs Amendment that allowed "particularly vulnerable children - such as girls and those under 13 - refuge in the UK."

If you read the article it says that it was a big mistake to say children, when In fact young adults were admitted. It also says that it's the kind of thing that would have you right wing types frothing with glee behind your keyboards.

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:54 - Oct 26 with 1012 viewsHighjack

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 14:42 - Oct 26 by Glyn1

Of course we should be taking in and protecting children.

Jordan, Turkey, Germany all take in millions of refugees and we've taken in about a dozen - are there even any refugees in Swansea?

It's about time we did our share.

Absolutely. I would definitely take in a 45 year old child. Could give him a bit of pocket money for doing some odd jobs around the house, mow my lawn, clean the windows, work in my car wash sort of thing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 16:01 - Oct 26 with 1004 viewsLohengrin

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:47 - Oct 26 by Ebo

If you read the article it says that it was a big mistake to say children, when In fact young adults were admitted. It also says that it's the kind of thing that would have you right wing types frothing with glee behind your keyboards.

It wasn't a "big mistake" at all, Ebo. The Dubs Amendment was specifically framed to facilitate the immediate entry of "unaccompanied children." That was the sole intent, the wording was deliberate to enable smooth passage without opposition.

Instead we have seen a bus full too old to qualify for Club 18-30, for crying out loud! The whole thing is an utter shambles.

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 16:31 - Oct 26 with 961 viewssbwng

F*ck me, nice to see this place is still nuttier than squirrel shite

Goulet

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 17:50 - Oct 26 with 902 viewsFieryJack

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 14:31 - Oct 26 by Lohengrin

Do you think any of that would register with a bricklayer from Trallwn?

" Those Saudis have been bombing Aden again, Kev."

" Oh! have they? What's for tea, love?"

The preoccupations of yourself and your Fiery friend aren't widely shared, Ebo. I'm sure you realise that on some level.

Well, LowGrim, there's some serendipity here: my real name happens to be Kev, and, in a previous distant life I was once a bricklayer's labourer living in Townhill.

Ironically, though, I did not, thank God, conform to your patronising, stereotypical version of the cheerful, unthinking, small-minded, parochial British working man (the Stalinist & Nazi versions of which used to appear on patriotic posters in the 30's).

By the way, I do not advocate an Open door policy on immigration, but equally I will not be swayed by cheap propaganda images designed to stir up racial hatred by the right wing press in this country. No doubt many migrants are fraudulent, but that is no excuse for refusing to consider those who are genuine.

As an aside, I suspect I'm one of the few on here who has received a fair amount of racist abuse & intimidation (for being white) due to the city I live in. But, despite the temptation, I have not turned into a bitter racist. You, I suspect, have never endured such threats, but it seems you are a Nationalistic bigot by nature.
Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 18:08 - Oct 26 with 880 viewslifelong

I was walking the coastal path today between Oxwich and Slade and I encountered an Indian family comprising of two adults and five children.

I immediately thought of this thread and how some people on here would have been horrified at such an experience.
Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 18:13 - Oct 26 with 873 viewsDarran

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 18:08 - Oct 26 by lifelong

I was walking the coastal path today between Oxwich and Slade and I encountered an Indian family comprising of two adults and five children.

I immediately thought of this thread and how some people on here would have been horrified at such an experience.

There's always Indian families down Aberavon Beach they recently held some sort of baptism in the sea down there.

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 18:38 - Oct 26 with 854 viewsLohengrin

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 17:50 - Oct 26 by FieryJack

Well, LowGrim, there's some serendipity here: my real name happens to be Kev, and, in a previous distant life I was once a bricklayer's labourer living in Townhill.

Ironically, though, I did not, thank God, conform to your patronising, stereotypical version of the cheerful, unthinking, small-minded, parochial British working man (the Stalinist & Nazi versions of which used to appear on patriotic posters in the 30's).

By the way, I do not advocate an Open door policy on immigration, but equally I will not be swayed by cheap propaganda images designed to stir up racial hatred by the right wing press in this country. No doubt many migrants are fraudulent, but that is no excuse for refusing to consider those who are genuine.

As an aside, I suspect I'm one of the few on here who has received a fair amount of racist abuse & intimidation (for being white) due to the city I live in. But, despite the temptation, I have not turned into a bitter racist. You, I suspect, have never endured such threats, but it seems you are a Nationalistic bigot by nature.

* Pure chance, old chap. I don't know you from Adam.

When you came home from a day on site I suppose you and your nearest and dearest would take turns reading excerpts from The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist then have a round-table discussion as to how particular passages related to the Marxian dialectic? An hour or so of that and then think about something to eat. Was that they way it went? Is that what you think people do?

I'm intrigued by the language both yourself and your comrade have employed on this thread - "unthinking, small-minded, parochial" - is that the panorama you think I've depicted or is it how you view the labouring classes? There's not much room for doubt that's Ebo's view. The obligatory 'Nazi' references, naturally; the insults, the profanity, the quick 'bigot' thrown in at the end and Bob's 'yer Uncle: Taken as a whole it's rather like listening to the SWP chant as they shuffle by, and about as edifying.

* "You, I suspect, have never endured such threats."

Not on account of my race, no. Had a fair bit of stick directed my way in west Belfast and Londonderry, mind, but I cannot recall being intimidated in the slightest.

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 19:12 - Oct 26 with 824 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea to take in 'child' refugees... on 15:05 - Oct 26 by DDCH

Darran has already said it earlier that the majority of people would welcome children with open arms. These are not children, and using the daily mail says so argument is nonsense. Are you suggesting they look older due to printing font used?

It also depends on what part of Swansea you are in. Nice place in Mayals, well you know you are not gonna have any by you, so it's easy to play the virtue card.

I personally work hard, but live on a terraced street, and have to 'enjoy' the culture for myself. The culture of 3am shouting in unknown languages. Armed response Police cars in the streets with machine guns as the lads opposite and a few houses down got into a row and one got a knife from the kitchen and chased the other around (something the police said was common and was probably just a storm in a teacup, as they often resort to threatening each other with knives).

Well Emo, I'm sure my views mean I am some thick manual worker in your book, who's not up to your level, but it's as much my country as it is yours.

Interesting observation about SJW's......have you noticed they rarely have a partner/kids? Maybe the crying out for love is just that.

Sounds fun. We had the same in west Swansea, but with students. Had drugs busts, knifings, drunken car crashes and general 2 am (and 3, 4, 5 am) slanging matches in the street. Maybe there are just tvvats around of all colour and creed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024