Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread 16:30 - Dec 23 with 32304 viewsjackharris

Venue: The Liberty Stadium, landore, Swansea, UK
Date: Monday 26th (Boxing Day) December 2016
Kick Off: 15:00 (3pm)
[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 11:43]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 22:12 - Dec 25 with 3001 viewsmajorraglan

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 19:46 - Dec 25 by BYMJacks

we really need two wins in the next two home games can we do it i dont know but if we dont win the next two it aint looking good for us

Totally agree. It's nearly the halfway point of the fixtures and Swansea are languishing on 12 points, just think where the Club could have been now with some tidy investment last summer. Swansea are averaging .7 points a game which if continued over the course of a season equates to 26 points and relegation.

To have any chance of redeeming the situation, the club reinforcements need to be ready to go from the 1st of January, let's hope that's the case.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 06:46 - Dec 26 with 2836 viewsbuilthjack

3-1

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 09:24 - Dec 26 with 2745 viewsperchrockjack

Wind Carroll up and he ll kill us single handedly.

Best for Bob to play VDH as he ll destroy Amat the amoeba

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 09:41 - Dec 26 with 2721 viewsCooperman

I've left my ST at work and retrieving it today is not possible.

It's not lost and I will get it back in time for NYE. What chances on me getting a paper ticket replacement without getting stung for the lost ticket charge? No response as of yet to my tweet to the office.

Anyone else had a similar predicament?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 10:02 - Dec 26 with 2693 viewsAlf6

With proof of identity the ticket office will issue a paper ticket.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 10:03 - Dec 26 with 2693 viewsPacemaker

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 09:41 - Dec 26 by Cooperman

It's not lost and I will get it back in time for NYE. What chances on me getting a paper ticket replacement without getting stung for the lost ticket charge? No response as of yet to my tweet to the office.

I have had a paper replacement with no charge a few times having left mine or the sons behind. Just tell them you left it behind and you will have it for next game so no need for replacement.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 10:04]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 10:17 - Dec 26 with 2672 viewsCooperman

Cheers Alf, cheers Pacey.

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 10:20 - Dec 26 with 2668 viewsjohnlangy

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 25 by johnlangy

2-0 to the Swans.

Since Bob has been in charge the performances, starting with Arsenal, have been good, good, crap, crap, good, good, crap, good, crap, crap. It was similar with FG. No consistency.

It's quite likely that we'll have two good performances this week, hopefully three on the bounce with Palace away, before we revert to crap for Arsenal and Liverpool. And if we do have two good performances this week and get even four points things will start to look different.

If we're on 16 points Saturday night we'll need 20/21 from the 2nd half of the season which, if we strengthen in Jan isn't impossible. On the other hand, another two crap performances and we're just about done.

Positive thoughts everyone.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 11:15 - Dec 26 with 2571 viewstomdickharry

We could have a good performance today against expectations,lets hope Bradley selects a team to combat the aggression of West Ham and one that really has a go from the off.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 11:23 - Dec 26 with 2547 viewsmonmouth

Two wins this week are absolutely critical I reckon. Everything looks different then. Any less and we would need a miracle to get out of this.

Have a good one everyone, and a great 2017. Maybe one day we'll get our club back.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 11:53 - Dec 26 with 2483 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 11:23 - Dec 26 by monmouth

Two wins this week are absolutely critical I reckon. Everything looks different then. Any less and we would need a miracle to get out of this.

Have a good one everyone, and a great 2017. Maybe one day we'll get our club back.

Yeah,I think so. We could lose all this next week and still pull it round with the right changes in Jan (manager and players), but those changes especially the manager are looking unlikely. So if we're carrying on with bob we really need to get 2 wins in 3 of these next 'easier' games before we start getting hammered again by the better clubs.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:02 - Dec 26 with 2464 viewsspiderboy

guaranteed to win today,3-1 I reckon,barrow to score!
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 12:44 - Dec 26 with 2375 viewsJack_Meoff

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 09:41 - Dec 26 by Cooperman

I take a disabled person to the Swans who once forgot his season ticket. Went to the ticket office and they issued a paper one straight away when I explained. Just gave name and seat number if I remember.

Edit: Only just saw the other replies.

Normally got a good feeling on match days about this time. Not today, though I really hope I'm wrong. Massive game.

[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 13:15]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:27 - Dec 26 with 2255 viewsjackportis

Bob Bradley is the best. He would have fired the players right up for this one. 5 nil Swansea.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 13:35 - Dec 26 with 2238 viewsdobjack2

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 20:49 - Dec 25 by Flashberryjack

And struggling teams like us never seem get that bit of luck we need in tight games.

Confidence can help with luck.

Up front when you are confident you try things and sometimes get lucky breaks, when you lack confidence you don't.

At the back lack of confidence can lead to worrying about making mistakes and inevitably making them.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 with 1955 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:27 - Dec 26 by jackportis

Bob Bradley is the best. He would have fired the players right up for this one. 5 nil Swansea.

That's the spirit! Apparently that's all that's been lacking - the indomitable American spirit. If we have that, we'll be fine according to our knowledgeable owners.

I'm going for 1-3. Spammers on a mini-roll and Carroll's always a pain in the arse against us. Ayew to win the pen for their first, Carroll to get the other 2. We always get thumped if I'm positive before a game, so I'll stick to being a miserable bugger and will then be delighted if we win.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 with 1954 viewsdeanscfc

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 13:35 - Dec 26 by dobjack2

Confidence can help with luck.

Up front when you are confident you try things and sometimes get lucky breaks, when you lack confidence you don't.

At the back lack of confidence can lead to worrying about making mistakes and inevitably making them.

Lack of confidence isn't the only issue at the back though. The problem is that we have two fullbacks who are completely off the pace...way too slow for the premier league...as a result our centre back's sh*t themselves anytime the ball comes near the fullbacks and then the whole back 4 collapse like dominoes.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 13:55 - Dec 26 with 1936 viewsdobjack2

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 by deanscfc

Lack of confidence isn't the only issue at the back though. The problem is that we have two fullbacks who are completely off the pace...way too slow for the premier league...as a result our centre back's sh*t themselves anytime the ball comes near the fullbacks and then the whole back 4 collapse like dominoes.

Agree- I'm only talking about making your own luck.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 14:00 - Dec 26 with 1907 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Thread on 13:52 - Dec 26 by deanscfc

Not helped by the full backs being encouraged to get forwards leaving gaps you could drive a truck through. Bit of a vicious circle. I'm not saying our fullbacks are immune to criticism, but they do get hung out to dry a bit by the way we play. Several time a game you'll see both of them bombing on, and their wingers and at least 1 'holding' midfielder. A sign of a desperate team trying to force stuff by overloading.

Looking forward to today though. The sun's shining, the pitch will be perfect as usual, hopefully the crowd will be in good spirits.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:02 - Dec 26 with 1877 viewsdailew

Fabianski
Rangel, Mawson, van der Hoorn, Kingsley
Britton, Cork, Fulton
Sigurdsson, Routledge
Borja.

subs Nordfeldt, Naughton, Fernandez, Fer, Dyer, Montero, Llorente.

Zero pace in that team.

[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 14:04]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:03 - Dec 26 with 1831 viewslidojack

Nothing says "let's get at them" like playing 3 defensive midfielders at home.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:04 - Dec 26 with 1795 viewsCooperman

A belated Christmas present for the Taylor haters.

A reasonably solid midfield 3.

Siggy wide?

Baston up top.

Oh, and Carroll in for them.

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:15 - Dec 26 with 1638 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:04 - Dec 26 by Cooperman

A belated Christmas present for the Taylor haters.

A reasonably solid midfield 3.

Siggy wide?

Baston up top.

Oh, and Carroll in for them.

"Taylor haters"?

The poison dwarf is fûcking shìt. Add to the fact that he behaves like a cūnt means he gets everything he deserves.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:19 - Dec 26 with 1594 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:02 - Dec 26 by spiderboy

guaranteed to win today,3-1 I reckon,barrow to score!

So much for that. Modou isnt even on the bench.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:19 - Dec 26 with 1587 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:15 - Dec 26 by waynekerr55

"Taylor haters"?

The poison dwarf is fûcking shìt. Add to the fact that he behaves like a cūnt means he gets everything he deserves.

PS I am in no way defending him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024