Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Lions tour page 09:28 - May 31 with 21789 viewsshandyjack

can't bloody wait for this to start, for some reason i fancy a tight 2-1 defeat for the Lions but expect some very tight matches.

What do people see being the starting line up (baring the obvious injuries) going into the first test

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Lions tour page on 08:22 - Jun 17 with 1378 viewsSwansNZ

Maori v Lions coming up.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Lions tour page on 10:06 - Jun 17 with 1351 viewssherpajacob

Thought Maori would be tougher than this.

10 man rugby is the best recipe for the lions, not pretty, but effective.

Remember the all whites turning maoris over at st Helens thanks to the boot of mark Wyatt.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Official Lions tour page on 10:21 - Jun 17 with 1341 viewssherpajacob

Official Lions tour page on 10:39 - Jun 17 with 1325 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 10:06 - Jun 17 by sherpajacob

Thought Maori would be tougher than this.

10 man rugby is the best recipe for the lions, not pretty, but effective.

Remember the all whites turning maoris over at st Helens thanks to the boot of mark Wyatt.

I thought it was pretty. I love that kind of rugby leaving all the basketballers looking like the lightweight nothings they are. With fair refs, this could be a real contest over the next three weeks. Lions have a quality pack there with good back up options. Expect Hansen and all and sundry to be moaning about 'boring' rugby for a week. If so, it will show he's nervous.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official Lions tour page on 10:50 - Jun 17 with 1311 viewsFireboy2

Official Lions tour page on 10:39 - Jun 17 by monmouth

I thought it was pretty. I love that kind of rugby leaving all the basketballers looking like the lightweight nothings they are. With fair refs, this could be a real contest over the next three weeks. Lions have a quality pack there with good back up options. Expect Hansen and all and sundry to be moaning about 'boring' rugby for a week. If so, it will show he's nervous.

Fvck him mon

He was a cock when he coached us and imo he has been luck in inheriting the best union team on the planet

The lions have to play the boring northern hemisphere game to sap the energy out of the AB and they can do it through the forwards,if they don't and their backs run wild i can see a 40 point defeat

Gonna be a chess match next saturday
Official Lions tour page on 09:42 - Jun 20 with 1198 viewssherpajacob

Joe Marler being a dick.

Official Lions tour page on 09:44 - Jun 20 with 1194 viewsDarran

Is this shit still going on?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official Lions tour page on 09:58 - Jun 20 with 1179 viewssherpajacob

Great game by Nowell so far, that said he should be nowhere near the test team.

Login to get fewer ads

Official Lions tour page on 10:16 - Jun 20 with 1162 viewsunion_jack

Official Lions tour page on 09:58 - Jun 20 by sherpajacob

Great game by Nowell so far, that said he should be nowhere near the test team.

Why not? Played well, what more can he do. Two very well taken tries.

Bigger has played well as has Tipuric and Sanjay from a Welsh perspective-even.

Henderson getting better.

Markler, Coles and Best won't be near the 23 I don't think.

Gatland has been posed some questions today. I think he knew Saturday's squad before today but there are three tests altogether.

Edit: may have been a bit tough on Coles. Played well at the end there but didn't see much throughout the game. That said, never having played in the front I don't always see the subtleties of that particular union!!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 10:27]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Official Lions tour page on 10:36 - Jun 20 with 1149 viewssherpajacob

Official Lions tour page on 10:16 - Jun 20 by union_jack

Why not? Played well, what more can he do. Two very well taken tries.

Bigger has played well as has Tipuric and Sanjay from a Welsh perspective-even.

Henderson getting better.

Markler, Coles and Best won't be near the 23 I don't think.

Gatland has been posed some questions today. I think he knew Saturday's squad before today but there are three tests altogether.

Edit: may have been a bit tough on Coles. Played well at the end there but didn't see much throughout the game. That said, never having played in the front I don't always see the subtleties of that particular union!!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 10:27]

Nowell has played well, he's simply not lions test quality IMHO.

I think Henderson may have got himself into the 23.

Sanjay can cover wing and full back, which is in his favour, but so can Daly, that will be close call. Has North done enough.

Murray and Webb will both get test caps on Saturday.

Need to pick a 23 and not just 15 plus sub's.

Official Lions tour page on 20:08 - Jun 21 with 1056 viewsZZoric

Wow - odd selection

PO'M - will get found out unfortunately

"Finishers" will make the difference
Official Lions tour page on 20:23 - Jun 21 with 1035 viewsmax936

Official Lions tour page on 20:08 - Jun 21 by ZZoric

Wow - odd selection

No Tipuric on bench, surely he's exactly what you need on the bench, I'd have North on the bench to, is he carrying a knock I wonder.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official Lions tour page on 20:28 - Jun 21 with 1025 viewsRancid

George North dropped in favour of Daly.I thought North would have started and Daly on the bench.You can't knock Gatland for that call as North hasn't really impressed and Daly has.Big call that but he usually gets it right does Gatland.
Official Lions tour page on 20:31 - Jun 21 with 1017 viewsBigPhilG

No Halfpenny? I thought he'd have been nailed on after kicking everything on tour
Official Lions tour page on 20:34 - Jun 21 with 999 viewssherpajacob

The all blacks named their team earlier, their key man is back.

Official Lions tour page on 20:56 - Jun 21 with 965 viewsmonmouth

I think that's a reasonable pick. North deserved dropping and Liam gives a better balance with Daly and Watson. Daly can kick long range so it makes sense. Back row lacks speed but will carry all day, so in the rain with Shit Peyper as ref (he doesn't really allow jackaling) then it may be a decent pick. Personally I'd have gone O'Brien and Warburton with AWJ as captain.

Bench looks strong. Itoje at 60 for AWJ will do some serious damage, as will Sinkler and Owens fresh in the loose. Not sure how the scrums will go but with Kruis and O'Mahony, the line out will be secure.

All in all I'm as optimistic as I've been for a series out there since about 1993, especially if we could get to the French referees with a lead. Having said that, they could easily come out and tear us a new one. I don't think they will though. That pack could squeeze them, and if Teo and Foxy actually pass, there is real threat in that back three. Looking forward to it.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 20:56]

Official Lions tour page on 20:57 - Jun 21 with 961 viewsdickythorpe

Liam is the first Lion from Waunarlwydd since Billy "Stoker" Williams back in the 50's
Official Lions tour page on 21:15 - Jun 21 with 929 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Official Lions tour page on 10:39 - Jun 17 by monmouth

Ah, spoken as a true forward

If we do manage to beast them up-front, the backs have a zip to them

Clever selection - plenty of X-factors
Official Lions tour page on 21:15 - Jun 21 with 929 viewsFireboy2

Official Lions tour page on 20:08 - Jun 21 by ZZoric

Wow - odd selection

Why do you think o'mahony will get round out zz?

He's a fvcking animal who will run and tackle his blood to water
Official Lions tour page on 21:59 - Jun 21 with 892 viewsshandyjack

Very good first test team, but wouldn't have gone near Daly in the team and would have had Halfpenny for his defensive skills

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Lions tour page on 22:01 - Jun 21 with 887 viewsPozuelosSideys

Official Lions tour page on 21:59 - Jun 21 by shandyjack

Very good first test team, but wouldn't have gone near Daly in the team and would have had Halfpenny for his defensive skills

You dont beat the ABs without scoring tries, and i dont think 1/2p offers enough in attack. Sanjay is very good at breaking the line

Suprised AWJ is in the side. Hes probably been 4th or 5th choice for me

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Official Lions tour page on 22:04 - Jun 21 with 880 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 21:59 - Jun 21 by shandyjack

Williams on the wing and halfpenny at full back would have certainly been less balls out. It's like Gatso is trying to make up for ten years of favouritism and stubborness with one selection. He can only win with a win. Lose and the English press will blame AWJ, mark my words, even though it's absolutely the right starting pick for this game.

Official Lions tour page on 22:13 - Jun 21 with 867 viewsmax936

Official Lions tour page on 22:04 - Jun 21 by monmouth

Williams on the wing and halfpenny at full back would have certainly been less balls out. It's like Gatso is trying to make up for ten years of favouritism and stubborness with one selection. He can only win with a win. Lose and the English press will blame AWJ, mark my words, even though it's absolutely the right starting pick for this game.

Alun Wyn has played well out there so far I'm not expecting that to change on Saturday, so the English media [Stuart Barnes] can do one.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official Lions tour page on 22:15 - Jun 21 with 866 viewsKulusBeatFactory

awj getting pelters from the armchair anglophiles

WG not a sentimentalist - and borthwick a big voice - so overall selection based on form not sentiment for sure

Te'o could be our weakest link - exploited by SBW
Official Lions tour page on 22:18 - Jun 21 with 862 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 22:15 - Jun 21 by KulusBeatFactory

awj getting pelters from the armchair anglophiles

WG not a sentimentalist - and borthwick a big voice - so overall selection based on form not sentiment for sure

Te'o could be our weakest link - exploited by SBW

I might have thought that a few weeks ago but Teo has been immense. Hopefully the forwards will do the business and Backdoor Billy Williams will spend the game getting run at and be on his arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024