Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Cricket Thread 11:21 - Jun 12 with 20348 viewstoboboly

New Summer, new England.

Same old story though - 13-1 after just a few overs.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:50 - Jul 10 with 1245 viewsNov77

It's a hundred partnership now! Embarrassing.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Summer Cricket Thread on 23:42 - Jul 10 with 1200 viewsted_hendrix

Alastair Cook is having a mare, what England and the selectors are going to do about him gawd knows, currently he's hardly worth his place in the team let alone opening for and captaining England.
Maybe drop him to number 5 or 6 in the batting? one things for sure if he gets dismissed cheaply in the second innings then something will have to be done.
Feel for the bloke personally.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Cricket Thread on 01:15 - Jul 11 with 1185 viewsozexile

Do you feel broad is ready to take over?
Summer Cricket Thread on 01:35 - Jul 11 with 1182 viewsjamois

Summer Cricket Thread on 01:15 - Jul 11 by ozexile

Do you feel broad is ready to take over?

My answer would be no. I often wonder whether he's worthy of his place too - he's the David Luiz of this england team. One thing about Cook though, if he is dropped as captain I think he has to stay on and open the innings. He doesn't belong anywhere else in the order. He's one lucky missed nick away from clearing the demons and scoring well.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Summer Cricket Thread on 04:17 - Jul 11 with 1173 viewsozexile

I agree he has to stay and open if he loses the captaincy. There really is no ready made replacement.
Summer Cricket Thread on 11:50 - Jul 11 with 1183 viewstoboboly

I would keep Cook as opener and maybe give it to Prior or perhaps Ballance.

The two young batters are doing well this morning, need a century for each to see us save the test match and anything more to perhaps sneak a win.

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:20 - Jul 11 with 1177 viewstoboboly

Terrible decision for Robson, great bowling for Ballance.

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:30 - Jul 11 with 1166 viewstoboboly

My god. We're getting ruined by terrible decisions.

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:32 - Jul 11 with 1163 viewstoboboly

And terrible batting.

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:55 - Jul 11 with 1148 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:30 - Jul 11 by toboboly

My god. We're getting ruined by terrible decisions.

Watching replays of the Prior dismissal, Dhoni should be banned for cheating. Deplorable behaviour.

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:02 - Jul 11 with 1144 viewsHunterhoop

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:55 - Jul 11 by toboboly

Watching replays of the Prior dismissal, Dhoni should be banned for cheating. Deplorable behaviour.

I'm here at Trent Bridge. It wasn't just Dhoni who went up, several did. Awful decision. Absolutely atrocious.

Moeen's dismissal was terrible batting and Bell really let himself down with that nothing shot.

The biggest thing, is this is showing the England bowlers need to take a look at themselves. India, with their very pedestrian attack got more out of that deck with a 50-70 over old ball than Englabs ever did. Broad's attitude yesterday after the game was "not our fault, we bowled brilliantly, but there was nothing in the pitch". There's not much, I grant you. But Sharma has got something out of it and Kumar has swung it, albeit gently.
Summer Cricket Thread on 16:50 - Jul 11 with 1132 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:02 - Jul 11 by Hunterhoop

I'm here at Trent Bridge. It wasn't just Dhoni who went up, several did. Awful decision. Absolutely atrocious.

Moeen's dismissal was terrible batting and Bell really let himself down with that nothing shot.

The biggest thing, is this is showing the England bowlers need to take a look at themselves. India, with their very pedestrian attack got more out of that deck with a 50-70 over old ball than Englabs ever did. Broad's attitude yesterday after the game was "not our fault, we bowled brilliantly, but there was nothing in the pitch". There's not much, I grant you. But Sharma has got something out of it and Kumar has swung it, albeit gently.

Agree entirely Hunter.

It is so dispiriting seeing them fall apart continually. Hope the rest of the session goes our way, at least we've avoided the follow on!

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:19 - Jul 11 with 1115 viewsjamois

Think we're on the key partnership right now. IF these two can bat out the day and some time in the morning, then i think the draw could be on. Though it's sad i'm clinging to the idea of a draw as the silver lining.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:02 - Jul 11 with 1106 viewshamptonhillhoop

On another note some of the crowd seem to be singing "oh Bobby Zamora" if I'm not mistaken
Summer Cricket Thread on 18:08 - Jul 11 with 1098 viewswillis1980

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:02 - Jul 11 by hamptonhillhoop

On another note some of the crowd seem to be singing "oh Bobby Zamora" if I'm not mistaken

heard that too
Summer Cricket Thread on 18:41 - Jul 11 with 1086 viewsted_hendrix

Good comeback, need to keep it going first thing tomorrow.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:03 - Jul 12 with 1048 viewsingeminate

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:41 - Jul 11 by ted_hendrix

Good comeback, need to keep it going first thing tomorrow.

Go on jimmy! Great stuff!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:04 - Jul 17 with 999 viewsTopCat34

Looking very solid (and it could have been better) The wicket is certainly a lot more generous, and it seems to be benefiting England.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 14:07]
Summer Cricket Thread on 12:53 - Jul 18 with 954 viewsthame_hoops

oh man, anyone else think cook may have to be dropped? not trying to get on his back but his performances have been deadful
Summer Cricket Thread on 13:03 - Jul 18 with 948 viewsR_from_afar

Here's a question: Will England ever have a test spinner who can turn the ball both ways? Or is that not possible for legal or regulatory reasons? I have read that Moeen Ali has a doosra but only bowls it in the nets. Could we finally see an England player turning it both ways soon? Please let it happen.

I do find it surprising that our spinners are very, very traditional.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:34 - Jul 18 with 923 viewswillis1980

Summer Cricket Thread on 13:03 - Jul 18 by R_from_afar

Here's a question: Will England ever have a test spinner who can turn the ball both ways? Or is that not possible for legal or regulatory reasons? I have read that Moeen Ali has a doosra but only bowls it in the nets. Could we finally see an England player turning it both ways soon? Please let it happen.

RFA

they had something on sky about england and the spin problem yesterday, "untraditional" bowling is basically discouraged, and bowlers with an unconvential delivery are cited.
Summer Cricket Thread on 01:10 - Jul 19 with 883 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 13:03 - Jul 18 by R_from_afar

RFA

Let's just learn to spin it properly first!

Summer Cricket Thread on 01:14 - Jul 19 with 882 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:53 - Jul 18 by thame_hoops

oh man, anyone else think cook may have to be dropped? not trying to get on his back but his performances have been deadful

Needs a summer of county cricket I'm afraid

It's got to be Yarg

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:05 - Jul 19 with 835 viewsjohann28

Chants of 'oh Bobby Zamora' in the crowd this morning??
Summer Cricket Thread on 12:15 - Jul 19 with 824 viewsflynnbo

More for Kumar who's just got 6 wickets at Lord's. First time by an Indian since Bishen Bedi 40 odd years ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024