Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back! 17:34 - Aug 30 with 3957 viewsjamois

Been wanting to write that for a long time. Just back. First game in a few years, all the way from Costa Rica. Thoughts. Leroy Fer is a colossus. Our best buy on today's evidence, like him a lot. Seems to have the fire in his belly that we've been lacking a long time. I thought our shape was good, Hoillett and Phillips did great work - wish Junior had the confidence to shoot earlier when he cuts inside. Even Joey looked good today, Mutch was much better - and we're well set up for some decent training sessions during the break. Thassall - drunk, happy, great to be back at Loftus and see some old faces, you Rs!!!!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Just back! on 17:36 - Aug 30 with 3931 viewsGloucs_R

Did we look better paying 433?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Just back! on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 3889 viewsEalingRanger

Just back! on 17:36 - Aug 30 by Gloucs_R

Did we look better paying 433?

So much better. Like an entirely different team.
Just back! on 17:53 - Aug 30 with 3809 views08olesen

433 system seemed to allow us to play wider and benefited everyone because they knew where they should be. Phillips looked good today instead of upfront, and Hoilet looked very useful too.

Cant fault anyone today. We need another striker or two now that Remy is gone and maybe a full back if traore and simpson go. Then we are done. We looked good today.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Just back! on 18:00 - Aug 30 with 3759 viewsHunterhoop

We did not play 4-3-3. The official fb page is spouting nonsense.

It was a 4-2-3-1 morphing into a 4-4-1-1 when we didn't have the ball.

Barton and Mutch sat with Fer at the point of the triangle ahead of them. Phillips and Hoilett played very very wide.

No way was it 4-3-3.

Anyway, we played very well. Whole team looked more comfortable in that shape. Good performances and good workrate all over.
Just back! on 18:02 - Aug 30 with 3737 viewsJigsore

Just back! on 17:53 - Aug 30 by 08olesen

433 system seemed to allow us to play wider and benefited everyone because they knew where they should be. Phillips looked good today instead of upfront, and Hoilet looked very useful too.

Cant fault anyone today. We need another striker or two now that Remy is gone and maybe a full back if traore and simpson go. Then we are done. We looked good today.

I was impressed too. Harry says its not all about systems but honestly not having to play 3-5-2 made such a big difference today. I was moaning about Hill playing LB before kick-off but to be fair he put in a really solid performance - so I won't put Redknapp's head on top of a pole (yet)

i think we ought to not getting ahead of ourselves now. Play a mixture of 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 depending on the oppo. Good simple football fuelled by effort and hard graft. We REALLY ought to hold onto Simpson and Traoré in my opinion. They're settled players who have played in the PL before. Armand is inconsistent and Simpson is unspectacular but hes a good fullback. We should keep these players because they'll fit into the formation and are a settled part of the team. coyrs!

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Just back! on 18:04 - Aug 30 with 3716 viewsloftboy

Mutch played a lot deeper today and was a lot better IMHO, very hard to find fault with any of them, hopefully that will be the me of 352

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Just back! on 18:09 - Aug 30 with 3681 viewskysersosaqpr

Just back! on 18:02 - Aug 30 by Jigsore

I was impressed too. Harry says its not all about systems but honestly not having to play 3-5-2 made such a big difference today. I was moaning about Hill playing LB before kick-off but to be fair he put in a really solid performance - so I won't put Redknapp's head on top of a pole (yet)

i think we ought to not getting ahead of ourselves now. Play a mixture of 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 depending on the oppo. Good simple football fuelled by effort and hard graft. We REALLY ought to hold onto Simpson and Traoré in my opinion. They're settled players who have played in the PL before. Armand is inconsistent and Simpson is unspectacular but hes a good fullback. We should keep these players because they'll fit into the formation and are a settled part of the team. coyrs!

Not sure, just after coming on Traore ball watched and let the winger in behind him in the box - he does lose concentration during the game, and in this league it will cost us.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Just back! on 18:20 - Aug 30 with 3640 viewsantoknee64

The new boys are gelling and did us proud today,things can get better and would like to mention that Barton played a blinder today,could of easily got led by Cattermole & Larsons tactics but kept hes head and broke down most of their midfield possession.
Cant fault anybody apart from Traore lost hes player and they nerely scored if not for our Clint Hill saving the day.
With Austin fitter and sharper we will score more goals,hope we sign Hooper.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:26 - Aug 30 with 3596 viewsGloucs_R

Just back! on 18:34 - Aug 30 with 3549 viewslondonscottish

Just back! on 18:20 - Aug 30 by antoknee64

The new boys are gelling and did us proud today,things can get better and would like to mention that Barton played a blinder today,could of easily got led by Cattermole & Larsons tactics but kept hes head and broke down most of their midfield possession.
Cant fault anybody apart from Traore lost hes player and they nerely scored if not for our Clint Hill saving the day.
With Austin fitter and sharper we will score more goals,hope we sign Hooper.

To be picky yes Traore nearly gave away a goal towards the end and I thought Rio's distribution was a bit iffy on a few occasions. Thought he needlessly lobbed it to the opposition when under no real pressure.

But overall an immensely satisfying performance.

Particularly enjoyed watching Isla - he was reading the game extremely well and making some fabulous interceptions. As well as bombing on and looking very phoney down the other end.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Just back! on 18:44 - Aug 30 with 3481 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back as well

Green - 7 Solid apart from minor bit of miscommunication with Rio, couple of good saves as well
Isla - 8 - Signing I've been banging on about since he arrived, thought he was v good today
Hill - 7 - Same old consistent Clint, will never let you down
Rio - 6 - A few errors today but doesn't panic
Caulker 7 - Solid game
Joey - 7.5 - Very good
Mutch - 6 Some good, some bad I thought, gave ball away cheaply at times
Junior - 7 - Always a handful, will score in this league playing like that
Phillips - Like Mutch, some good, some bad I thought, especially defensively where he was little slow at times
Fer - 7 - Like him, much more like it and can be good for us
Charlie - 7 - When fully fit he will score more this season, needs some help though

Bobby - 6 - Did what he was bought on for, niggle tiring defenders
Trarore - 6 Nearly scored and mistake nearly led to goal for them!
Adel - 6 - See other 452 threads for pros & cons!

Happy day, but its certainly going to be hard work to stay up , but I think we will and am sticking to my summer prediction of 15th
Just back! on 18:45 - Aug 30 with 3476 viewsPhildo

Great performance and feeling embarrassed about some of my own reaction during the week. Yes fer looked a beast but I thought Mutch was excellent legs and some strength in midfield when did we have that last.

Rio looked slow and poor to me though- not convinced that one is going to work,Phillips was great first half when he is on it he is big fast and skilful what more can you ask.

Overall we looked very good going forward.

Forgive me gents I have an appointment with Mr Johnny Walker now....
Just back! on 19:14 - Aug 30 with 3383 viewsbosh67

Infinitely more comfortable and confident with a back four. Thought we were nervous in the first ten minutes and then settled and bossed it.

Green was excellent when he needed to be. Isla is like a terrier on speed, impressive start at right back, great coming forward. Thought Mutch finally settled and linked up very well with Fer who has so much physical presence. Incredibly unlucky to see an unstoppable shot cannon back off the bar.

Everyone looked organised and put themselves on the line. Closed Sunderland down more than usual. Best game Hoilett has played. MOTM for me today. If only he could shoot. But his work rate and tackle back and break rate was really good.

Much better but they have to keep pressing teams back and get after them because if you sit back at this level you are a siting duck.

They have to be as physical and determined as that week in week out. If they are then they stand a chance of surviving okay.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back! on 19:37 - Aug 30 with 3301 viewsHollowayRanger

four at the back

everyone knows their place and does their job

and we get a clean sheet and 3 points

green great saves defence solid isla looks quality pace and reading of game, fer a rock in the middle and Austin had a bit of service still not perfect mind

vital we get quality in as if Austin hadnt played we would have been screwed today

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just back! on 20:23 - Aug 30 with 3223 viewsterryb

Just back! on 18:00 - Aug 30 by Hunterhoop

We did not play 4-3-3. The official fb page is spouting nonsense.

It was a 4-2-3-1 morphing into a 4-4-1-1 when we didn't have the ball.

Barton and Mutch sat with Fer at the point of the triangle ahead of them. Phillips and Hoilett played very very wide.

No way was it 4-3-3.

Anyway, we played very well. Whole team looked more comfortable in that shape. Good performances and good workrate all over.

That's the way I saw it Hunter.

Everyone seemed happier with this though & they understood far more what was expected of them.

The workrate that we applied, & no little skill, was a nice response to the Tottenham game.

Wwe looked like A TEAM!
Just back! on 20:48 - Aug 30 with 3164 viewsGloucs_R

What type of player is Fer? Where would Diarra fit in?

Just back! on 21:05 - Aug 30 with 3090 viewsbaz_qpr

It was 4-2-3-1 clearly we were going to play it better than 3-4-1-2 as the players have to learn and think about their positioning. We definitely did well but I don't think we were as good as the 1st half against Hull. 1st half today they cut us open a few times down our centre right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024