Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shut up Rio 00:08 - Nov 20 with 3384 viewsloftboy

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shut up Rio on 00:16 - Nov 20 with 2651 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sooner we bin this waste of space the better.....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Shut up Rio on 00:55 - Nov 20 with 2597 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Missed that nugget, all I've seen him bleating on about for the last two days is his Channel 5 hats...
Shut up Rio on 01:01 - Nov 20 with 2587 viewsqprnw10

Can't get my head around this hate for Rio.Yes he had a bad start to the season(like every
Other player), but he openly admitted he deserved to be dropped, has backed and supported the team from the sidelines and not sulked or spat his dummy out.Let's get behind him!
Shut up Rio on 01:23 - Nov 20 with 2570 viewsloftinoz

Shut up Rio on 01:01 - Nov 20 by qprnw10

Can't get my head around this hate for Rio.Yes he had a bad start to the season(like every
Other player), but he openly admitted he deserved to be dropped, has backed and supported the team from the sidelines and not sulked or spat his dummy out.Let's get behind him!

Yes, let's all get behind him.....and PUSH.
Shut up Rio on 01:34 - Nov 20 with 2555 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

If he'd stopped flogging his book at every opportunity and concentrated on his saturday job, maybe there wouldn't be so much animosity.
Shut up Rio on 06:51 - Nov 20 with 2408 viewsingeminate

Shut up Rio on 01:34 - Nov 20 by Hoop_Du_Jour

If he'd stopped flogging his book at every opportunity and concentrated on his saturday job, maybe there wouldn't be so much animosity.

The book was in the pipe when he joined, it's not worked out but overall he seems to have been a positive influence in the dressing room. His legs have gone, but he might still play a role if he can adjust.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Shut up Rio on 08:21 - Nov 20 with 2265 viewsDiscodroids

Can we just send this self publicising carrion into the jungle to replace gemma collins, where he can regale tinchy, crack mary craig charles and the rest of the gang with passages from his seminal bestseller?..

"ere tinchy!....did i ever tell you the time i had a private audience with pope john paul the second, he prayed for a truce between the peckham ruthless rap assasins and the erith snipers with me acting as a conduit for gods omnipotent love , thus bringing to an end 20 years of post code turf war,....... no ?....well it all began in the summer of 96 and a call from bob geldof............."
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 8:25]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Shut up Rio on 08:23 - Nov 20 with 2273 viewshoopdog

Shut up Rio on 01:34 - Nov 20 by Hoop_Du_Jour

FFS whats it got to do anybody what he does in his spare time , also at the time he was playing he was no better or no worse than any other defenders or midfielders
Login to get fewer ads

Shut up Rio on 08:39 - Nov 20 with 2230 viewsdoogi55

what you all doing on here having your say get back to work
Shut up Rio on 08:46 - Nov 20 with 2218 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think that was quite funny as he's correct.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Shut up Rio on 09:30 - Nov 20 with 2110 viewsTheBlob

He's spot on with that analysis but does he ever consider what impact his actions will have on his parent club?It's already been demonstrated they'll make an example here.
When you're in a minefield it's usually best to keep still.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Shut up Rio on 09:42 - Nov 20 with 2082 viewsDWQPR

On £35k a week in the last year of my career I think I would be happy to support the team from the sidelines.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Shut up Rio on 09:42 - Nov 20 with 2084 viewsnadera78

Shut up Rio on 08:23 - Nov 20 by hoopdog

FFS whats it got to do anybody what he does in his spare time , also at the time he was playing he was no better or no worse than any other defenders or midfielders

The main problem is that it appears to be QPR that is what he does in his spare time. I'm certain that he signed for us because he wanted to still be playing football when his new book came out.
Shut up Rio on 12:03 - Nov 20 with 1924 viewsDiscodroids

stay tuned for 'rio's views on cubism and focaults deviance theory.

dont touch that dial.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Shut up Rio on 12:15 - Nov 20 with 1891 viewsJuzzie

I don't hate him but he's not doing the Club, the people who pay his wages, any favours. He's already been banned for 3 games and now he's at it again which could inccur more wrath from the FA.

Whether he's played well or good doesn't concern me. The fact he's being paid to effectively sit out bans and put QPR into negative publicity does. Footballers should just STFU and get on with it and stop being a walking self-publicity machine.
Shut up Rio on 12:26 - Nov 20 with 1859 viewsdanehoop

I agree he should just stop, but he pays the fines and was probably fined by the club two weeks wages when it happened. So I'd suggest the financial impact of his absence is less of a problem. He is though likely to become not much more than a token festive ornament around QPR's Christmas rather than a valued member of the squad.

Never knowingly understood

Shut up Rio on 12:38 - Nov 20 with 1818 viewsJamie

The more nonsense he chats and the more bans he accrues, the less chance there is for Redknapp to pick him, which can only be a good thing.
Shut up Rio on 12:44 - Nov 20 with 1790 viewsJuzzie

Shut up Rio on 12:26 - Nov 20 by danehoop

I agree he should just stop, but he pays the fines and was probably fined by the club two weeks wages when it happened. So I'd suggest the financial impact of his absence is less of a problem. He is though likely to become not much more than a token festive ornament around QPR's Christmas rather than a valued member of the squad.

The fines are nothing compared to what he's earning. He's being paid to play football not pay fines, so we're actually paying him to not do the job he's employed for.

He's turning into SWP MKII. Thank god his contract was just for 1 year.
Shut up Rio on 12:52 - Nov 20 with 1764 viewsdanehoop

I agree.

The point is whilst he is suspended he isnt earning either as we dont pay him so the cost to our wage bill reduces (merely pishing away 1 week salary in three). He also gets fined, so suddenly he is doing nothing but effectively receiving no income. Snoop may not be bright or particularly in need of money, but that will register.

What will register more is simply not being picked when he is available for selection again. At this point that looks quite likely and is going to be the thing that pushes him into retirement much earlier than the impact on his income.

Never knowingly understood

Shut up Rio on 13:02 - Nov 20 with 1725 viewsJamie

Shut up Rio on 12:52 - Nov 20 by danehoop

I agree.

The point is whilst he is suspended he isnt earning either as we dont pay him so the cost to our wage bill reduces (merely pishing away 1 week salary in three). He also gets fined, so suddenly he is doing nothing but effectively receiving no income. Snoop may not be bright or particularly in need of money, but that will register.

What will register more is simply not being picked when he is available for selection again. At this point that looks quite likely and is going to be the thing that pushes him into retirement much earlier than the impact on his income.

Rio being left out when fit & available is a lovely thought, but sadly a mere pipe dream.
Shut up Rio on 13:08 - Nov 20 with 1712 viewsR_from_afar

Shut up Rio on 09:30 - Nov 20 by TheBlob

He's spot on with that analysis but does he ever consider what impact his actions will have on his parent club?It's already been demonstrated they'll make an example here.
When you're in a minefield it's usually best to keep still.

You nailed it Blob. Respect to you sir.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Shut up Rio on 13:26 - Nov 20 with 1680 viewsingeminate

Shut up Rio on 13:02 - Nov 20 by Jamie

Rio being left out when fit & available is a lovely thought, but sadly a mere pipe dream.

it's already happened - - Harry said he had some strain of other to protect him from "Rio dropped headlines"

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Shut up Rio on 13:42 - Nov 20 with 1644 viewsTacticalR

Not a new theme for Rio. If only they could get some young geezers in like, er, Rio...

‘Low, Klinsmann were young geezers when they started out with Germany,’ he added. ‘Look at Van Basten, Mourinho, Guardiola and Luis Enrique – they are not old fellas but they were given a chance. It is different in this country. We are 10 years behind in certain situations. We have to do what’s best for English football.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730980/RIO-FERDINAND-EXCLUSIV

Air hostess clique

Shut up Rio on 14:12 - Nov 20 with 1572 viewshoopdog

Shut up Rio on 12:44 - Nov 20 by Juzzie

The fines are nothing compared to what he's earning. He's being paid to play football not pay fines, so we're actually paying him to not do the job he's employed for.

He's turning into SWP MKII. Thank god his contract was just for 1 year.

But he wouldn't be playing would he seeing as since he was dropped the defence is playing better and he will have to wait for a chance to get back in the side
Shut up Rio on 14:19 - Nov 20 with 1554 viewsJuzzie

Shut up Rio on 14:12 - Nov 20 by hoopdog

But he wouldn't be playing would he seeing as since he was dropped the defence is playing better and he will have to wait for a chance to get back in the side

That's just a fortuitous coincidence! Had he been playing well and then got banned for 3 games we'd be rightly pi$$ed off. The fact he's been crap has meant it's had little impact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024