Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should I stay or should I go? 16:04 - Mar 15 with 3559 viewstoreqpr

As relegation loomes,Who will walk out on us?.Who would we like to kick out?How much £ will this bring in and how much lower will our wagebill be?
Should I stay or should I go? on 17:01 - Mar 15 with 3471 viewsplasmahoop

Get rid of everyone except the youngsters, Clint hill and Karl henry. Austin will bring in some moolah, but no one is going to give much for the rest of them. We would probably have to pay to have them taken away
Should I stay or should I go? on 17:06 - Mar 15 with 3463 viewsMarc

Rio 30-40k
Hill 20-30k
Barton 60-70k
SWP 60-70k
Zamora 20-30k

Loan players returning to their clubs
(estimate of what we're probably paying % of weekly wage)
Isla (20-30k)
Kranjcar (20-30k)
Vargas (30-40k)
Zarate (20-30k)

280-370k off the weekly wage bill right there

Players that will probably be sold

Leroy Fer 7-10m
Austin 12-15m
Should I stay or should I go? on 17:38 - Mar 15 with 3392 viewsactonman

Should I stay or should I go? on 17:06 - Mar 15 by Marc

Rio 30-40k
Hill 20-30k
Barton 60-70k
SWP 60-70k
Zamora 20-30k

Loan players returning to their clubs
(estimate of what we're probably paying % of weekly wage)
Isla (20-30k)
Kranjcar (20-30k)
Vargas (30-40k)
Zarate (20-30k)

280-370k off the weekly wage bill right there

Players that will probably be sold

Leroy Fer 7-10m
Austin 12-15m

I can tell you right now , we won't get anywhere near that figure for Austin !

More like 8m plus add on's over the next few years and a sell on clause that will be worth fcuk all

FER we will most likely break even on if we're lucky

Caulker will be off like a shot to some other poor sodding club at a loss to us (apart from wages)

Green will be offloaded

Phillips will be sold if a decent offer comes in

Hoilett is so FCKING poor the only club that would buy him is us !

Taarabt, waste of space, won't play in champs and is probably out of contract anyway

Sandro will stay as he wont have much choice unless he fancys dropping his wages by half

Tbh I really can't see us being left with anybody of note and we will have to go again from scratch

A lot of wasters gone but one hell of a rebuilding job
Should I stay or should I go? on 17:50 - Mar 15 with 3374 viewsSpiritofGregory

Should I stay or should I go? on 17:38 - Mar 15 by actonman

I can tell you right now , we won't get anywhere near that figure for Austin !

More like 8m plus add on's over the next few years and a sell on clause that will be worth fcuk all

FER we will most likely break even on if we're lucky

Caulker will be off like a shot to some other poor sodding club at a loss to us (apart from wages)

Green will be offloaded

Phillips will be sold if a decent offer comes in

Hoilett is so FCKING poor the only club that would buy him is us !

Taarabt, waste of space, won't play in champs and is probably out of contract anyway

Sandro will stay as he wont have much choice unless he fancys dropping his wages by half

Tbh I really can't see us being left with anybody of note and we will have to go again from scratch

A lot of wasters gone but one hell of a rebuilding job

Traore and Dunne should also be shown the door.

I agree that Phillips will be gone. A few clubs will come in for him Palace, Aston VIlla, West Brom...
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 17:53]
Should I stay or should I go? on 18:19 - Mar 15 with 3343 viewsLowerloftLad

Should I stay or should I go? on 17:50 - Mar 15 by SpiritofGregory

I agree that Phillips will be gone. A few clubs will come in for him Palace, Aston VIlla, West Brom...

McCarthy
Nedum dunne furlong
Faulin and Henry in the middle

Is the kind of starting squad members that will put straight into are strongest 11 from the current crop Sandro too at a real push Phillips Matty that it as long as its better than 3 other teams next season will be okay

I would make a move to bring back Danny Simpson, and jamie makie as we need players who are consistent and a work horse it's one hell of a rebuild next season
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 18:22]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Should I stay or should I go? on 19:01 - Mar 15 with 3267 viewsSpiritofGregory

Should I stay or should I go? on 18:19 - Mar 15 by LowerloftLad

McCarthy
Nedum dunne furlong

Is the kind of starting squad members that will put straight into are strongest 11 from the current crop Sandro too at a real push Phillips Matty that it as long as its better than 3 other teams next season will be okay

I would make a move to bring back Danny Simpson, and jamie makie as we need players who are consistent and a work horse it's one hell of a rebuild next season

As sad as it is, there is always the danger that Faurlin will sustain a major injury.

Dunne will be 36. He is too old and is used to a large salary. It's about time that our club's scouting staff earn their money and do what they are paid to do and that is to find quality players from the lower leagues.
Should I stay or should I go? on 19:34 - Mar 15 with 3214 viewsderbyhoop

Should I stay or should I go? on 18:19 - Mar 15 by LowerloftLad

McCarthy
Nedum dunne furlong

looks like the squad will be McCarthy, Furlong, Onouha, Dunne, Yun, Robinson, Phillips, Henry and Sandro. Maybe Faurlin, if fit. Good looking squad for a 48 game season. NOT

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Should I stay or should I go? on 19:46 - Mar 15 with 3181 viewsozranger

Should I stay or should I go? on 19:34 - Mar 15 by derbyhoop

looks like the squad will be McCarthy, Furlong, Onouha, Dunne, Yun, Robinson, Phillips, Henry and Sandro. Maybe Faurlin, if fit. Good looking squad for a 48 game season. NOT

What happened to Dougherty? Just because he has not played the past few games, we cannot forget him already. Greco-Cox? When we are in the Championship we need a good mix of youth and experience which is why we also need in the squad players like Dunne, Sandro, Henry, etc to go with the Greco-Cox, Furlong, etc. If, as we are all saying, the dead wood is totally jettisoned and we choose not to really spend, except on projects from the lower leagues, then next season could be a very interesting one where a number of potential youngsters get their chance to shine in the lesser stage of the Championship. Can we find another Charlie Austin is, however, another question.
Login to get fewer ads

Should I stay or should I go? on 21:57 - Mar 15 with 3087 viewsQPR_John

will we be left with any experienced strikers next season?
Should I stay or should I go? on 22:03 - Mar 15 with 3071 viewsHollowayRanger

need to get some pace in the team especially up front

and a few honest hard working wise heads in defence and midfield

McCarthy
furlong onouha hill yun/robinson
?????? henry faurlin ???????
?????? ???????

plenty of work to do

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Should I stay or should I go? on 22:06 - Mar 15 with 3065 viewsWestonsuperR

Should I stay or should I go? on 17:50 - Mar 15 by SpiritofGregory

I'm not convinced Phillips will attract much interest, average last season, struggled to get in a poor team this season and had the grand total of 1 goal.
Should I stay or should I go? on 22:23 - Mar 15 with 3030 viewsSpiritofGregory

Should I stay or should I go? on 22:06 - Mar 15 by WestonsuperR

I'm not convinced Phillips will attract much interest, average last season, struggled to get in a poor team this season and had the grand total of 1 goal.

No doubt some managers would have noticed that when he played in his correct position and is given encouragement, he is a pretty useful winger. West Brom enquired about him in January. Not only is he a decent winger, he fought for his place and is one of a few players that hasn't given up which demonstrates that he has character.

Why is it that we want to keep him, it's because we know he is one of our better players. We know from experience that when a club is relegated and has financial difficulties, other club snap up your best players and leave you with the shitbags.
Should I stay or should I go? on 22:56 - Mar 15 with 2989 viewsPeterHucker

Who's on loan to us?
Let every one of them go.
Who's out of contract this summer?
Let every one of them go.
If we actually do some proper scouting (big if), we can find better players who are younger and on much lower wages.
Immediately execute anyone who considers even for 1 second negotiating a new contract with Barton or Wright Phillips.
Should I stay or should I go? on 09:27 - Mar 16 with 2864 viewsMedwayR

I can see next seasons squad something like this:

GK: Green / McCarthy
RB: ? / Furlong
CB: Onouha / Ehmer / Donaldson
CB: Caulker(?) / Sendles-White
LB: Yun / Robinson
RM: Phillips / Petrasso
CM: Henry / Doughty
CM: ? / Sutherland / Faurlin
LM: ? / Manning
CF: ? / Grego-Cox
CF: ? / ?

That's assuming we sell Sandro, Fer, Traore, Taarabt, Diakite, Hoilett, Austin & release those out of contract.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 9:33]

Poll: Who’s better?

Should I stay or should I go? on 10:43 - Mar 16 with 2825 viewsdaveB

If we go down this year we're looking at a double relegation imo, massive few games coming up
Should I stay or should I go? on 11:09 - Mar 16 with 2784 viewsparker64

I went to QPR v Fulham in the youth cup last year. Fulham were great and a joy to watch and miles ahead of Rangers. With so many promising youngsters I thought Fulham would be fine this season with a few old heads but they don't really seem to have come through. You can have all the natural ability but I think the step up physically and mentally is massive.
Should I stay or should I go? on 11:19 - Mar 16 with 2757 viewsdanehoop

SOG,

Dunne was on a deal where he was paid on appearances and only triggered a new contract clause last year after the number appearances he made. If the same deal were offered on reduced terms he'd be an asset.

Never knowingly understood

Should I stay or should I go? on 11:55 - Mar 16 with 2703 viewsHarbour

yes afraid to say I agree with you Dave look at Wigan Fulham ....we are in big trouble...agree with the youth policy but we need experience in the championship to survive...this season has been painful and i cannot see us staying up
Should I stay or should I go? on 12:51 - Mar 16 with 2641 viewsDANRANGER

1st thing we need to do is get the right manager in place. If we go down then I'm leaning towards Warburton. I can't say I know too much about him but from what I've read and the position Brentford are in surely he is a must. He would be joining having achieved success elsewhere whereas the majority of other options would not.

Should we somehow stay up and Big Sam leaves West Ham then I'd be amazed if TF isn't after him. Not sure how I'd feel should that happen. As for Chris Ramsey I'd love to see him stay on managing the youth set up but just can't see him leading the first team.

As for players, once again a massive re-building job but this time no has-been's please. Take this opportunity to get sound options in place so we can get the squad sorted nice and early. There is talent in the Championship and League one so we should be scouting now but I still worry that we will once again learn nothing from this and continue to believe we are something that we are not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024