Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coins, Bottles etc 16:09 - Apr 12 with 21249 viewsBakes

I'm not condoning the behaviour of the few who threw objects on the pitch but Fabregas and co felt the need to run over to Ellerslie Road then come back for more, in such a heated atmosphere and at the end of the game what did they expect? Best part was Drogba crawling around on his knees desperate to find a penny to give the ref. No doubt a hefty fine awaits.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 16:32]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Coins, Bottles etc on 00:28 - Apr 13 with 3242 viewsHollowayRanger

Coins, Bottles etc on 00:12 - Apr 13 by Watford_Ranger

Nothing wrong with celebrating the goal but do you think it was a coincidence he sprinted to that corner of the ground to give it to the fans? He wanted that reaction and he got it.

On the bright side, it was coins rather than bananas so our fans are slightly ahead on the evolutionary scale than Chelsea's.

I need to watch it again

he hardly is going run the whole length of the pitch in the 87 min to his own fans or do it right in front of the loft so he had choice of running left or right well he saw me standing there on the left ready to hav him so he instead legged it over to your side

players have to be allowed to enjoy their moments of glory ,for us this was a truly bitter one ,its just a dam shame swp got the winner at the bridge instead of a Jamie Mackie type who would have LOVED IT

still haven't seen a photo of any chelski players given us the finger either if they did id guess it was like bartons

who knows its just a shame we are already on the front page of the scummy sun for throwing missiles

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Coins, Bottles etc on 00:30 - Apr 13 with 3238 viewsJuzzie

"He had a choice of running left or right". There was a third choice too....
Coins, Bottles etc on 00:39 - Apr 13 with 3216 viewsHollowayRanger

Coins, Bottles etc on 00:30 - Apr 13 by Juzzie

"He had a choice of running left or right". There was a third choice too....

most players run to a corner a few to the manager

and even fewer all the way back down the other end

lets just hope that the fa don't go for us yet again ,ive seen missiles thrown at other matches and nothing said

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Coins, Bottles etc on 04:44 - Apr 13 with 3147 viewsFredManRave

Coins, Bottles etc on 23:36 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

Incited. What are you? Three years old? They just stole a point in the last minute on their way to winning the league. As I said, this 'incited' stuff is pathetic. We're all big enough and old enough to be able to control ourselves and not get violent (cowardly, anonymous violence at that) just because some players give a bit back after they've been getting dog's abuse all day.

Agree 100% with your stance on this issue Antti. The hypocrisy being shown over this incident and the whole chelsea situation in general I find staggering. I understand the rivalry, the history, the passion and the fact that reason and logic go flying out of the window when it comes to football but some of the threads and comments this week have been embarrassing, imo. We're quick to laud ourselves about what a unique compassionate and understanding set of fans we are yet some of the vitriol, extreme hate, abuse, hypocrisy and embarrassing generalisations spouted on here recently would suggest otherwise.

The irony of calling them classless and then going on to justify objects being thrown at their players has obviously been lost on many.

I'm sure many will reply saying I just don't get it and having seen the levels of hate and vitriol and some of the things posted then I'm pleased I don't.

And to think Ramsey has recently been restoring some pride to our club with his attitude and demeanor, he's quickly become a good representative of our club.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 5:13]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Coins, Bottles etc on 04:51 - Apr 13 with 3145 viewsFredManRave

Coins, Bottles etc on 20:06 - Apr 12 by DWQPR

If only Ivanovic was doused with petrol at the time and the lighter flame was alight. Now that would have been worth the price of a season ticket.

I assume that you're the same DW that started the "Classless" thread?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Coins, Bottles etc on 05:51 - Apr 13 with 3109 viewsRType

Incited. What are you? Three years old? They just stole a point in the last minute on their way to winning the league. As I said, this 'incited' stuff is pathetic. We're all big enough and old enough to be able to control ourselves and not get violent (cowardly, anonymous violence at that) just because some players give a bit back after they've been getting dog's abuse all day.

Agree. I don't like it, but he had a right to give a little back.

The coach giving it to Ramsey is an absolute scumbag though.
Coins, Bottles etc (n/t) on 07:39 - Apr 13 with 2986 viewsRanger78

[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 7:42]
Coins, Bottles etc on 07:45 - Apr 13 with 2970 viewsRanger78

Coins, Bottles etc on 19:18 - Apr 12 by CroydonCaptJack

He missed a great atmosphere then mate. Best of the season.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 19:19]

He's 5 years old mate, he'll get over missing a great atmosphere, there will be plenty of other great atmospheres during his life time.

I'm happy that he never went, I knew the atmosphere would have some kind of edge that at 5, I didn't want him to see.

I agree with you that at atmosphere was great but this took the shine off it.

I stand by my original point that grown men should take loosing like men. If you're prepared to dish out dogs abuse all day, then you should expect some winding up back... For me it's all part of it.

I'm not stupid, I know the scum players did it to wind up and they were taking the pi&& but it's just a sad way to react

Like a said, I'd expect QPR players to be just as emotional and celebrate the same..,, it's football!!

Perhaps, I sound a bit righteous but I'm comfortable knowing that my five year old knows it's not the done thing to throw a lighter at a footballers head when he's winding you up celebrating a goal. Especially when it could hit anyone else on the head on the way down
Login to get fewer ads

Coins, Bottles etc on 08:08 - Apr 13 with 2924 viewsdaveB

Coins, Bottles etc on 23:22 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

But they scored at that end. Where else would they go? Why are fans allowed to sing, shout and do what they want and then when players celebrate somehow get all upset about it? It's pathetic. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Disgraceful from our fans, who were otherwise superb today.
I hate that 'incite the crowd' b0ll0cks - it only perpetuates the myth that football fans are animals unable to control basic emotion.
Pathetic. Sorry.

well not run straight to the R block cupping your ear and dancing, Fabregas was an idiot and should have been booked for his celebration, no excuse for the object throwing they were clearly out of order but Fabregas created that situation which was very avoidable. If Austin had done that at Stamford Bridge he' have got the same
Coins, Bottles etc on 08:14 - Apr 13 with 2903 viewsCanadaRanger

Coins, Bottles etc on 08:53 - Apr 13 with 2837 viewsNW5Hoop

Coins, Bottles etc on 23:22 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

But they scored at that end. Where else would they go? Why are fans allowed to sing, shout and do what they want and then when players celebrate somehow get all upset about it? It's pathetic. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Disgraceful from our fans, who were otherwise superb today.
I hate that 'incite the crowd' b0ll0cks - it only perpetuates the myth that football fans are animals unable to control basic emotion.
Pathetic. Sorry.

Absolutely right.

We'd given the Chelsea team all sorts of abuse all game, especially the R Block. Then when they score and give it back to R Block - by celebrating in front of them, not by offering them outside or screaming abuse - they are guilty of incitement? Rubbish. You deal it out, you take it return. Sadly, though, it seems some of our fans actually are "animals unable to control basic emotion".
Coins, Bottles etc on 08:54 - Apr 13 with 2830 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Antti, you mention about being big and old enough to control ourselves. And I agree with you. But at what point did the Chelsea players control themselves when they ran to the section of the ground that knew would react badly to there behaviour. The difference between the players and fans is the players are professionals and playing in a hostile environment is part and parcel of their job. What they did in purposely going to that part of the ground to celebrate was unprofessional
Coins, Bottles etc on 08:57 - Apr 13 with 2814 viewsNW5Hoop

To be honest, the whole Chelsea rivalry has gone berserk since we first went back to the Premier League. It wasn't like that in the 90s, and watching on TV last night I can see why neutrals might think we're some kind of inbred morons. It did sound odd every single Chelsea touch being booed. I'm not saying we shouldn't hate Chelsea, but it feels like it's gone over the top. It gives people carte blanche to do things like they did yesterday.
Coins, Bottles etc on 09:14 - Apr 13 with 2763 viewsconnell10

Coins, Bottles etc on 08:57 - Apr 13 by NW5Hoop

To be honest, the whole Chelsea rivalry has gone berserk since we first went back to the Premier League. It wasn't like that in the 90s, and watching on TV last night I can see why neutrals might think we're some kind of inbred morons. It did sound odd every single Chelsea touch being booed. I'm not saying we shouldn't hate Chelsea, but it feels like it's gone over the top. It gives people carte blanche to do things like they did yesterday.

cant agree with that mate sorry!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Coins, Bottles etc on 09:20 - Apr 13 with 2748 viewsRangersw12

The club wanted a " cauldron of hate " which the fans delivered and now we get people moaning about it

Maybe we should all wear those half and half scarves and quietly sing ra ra Rangers and gently applaud the opposition when they score

This is football FFS and look at Brixton R post on this thread which sums it up for me

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/142993/bring-on-ch
Coins, Bottles etc on 09:32 - Apr 13 with 2724 viewsNW5Hoop

Coins, Bottles etc on 09:20 - Apr 13 by Rangersw12

The club wanted a " cauldron of hate " which the fans delivered and now we get people moaning about it

Maybe we should all wear those half and half scarves and quietly sing ra ra Rangers and gently applaud the opposition when they score

This is football FFS and look at Brixton R post on this thread which sums it up for me

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/142993/bring-on-ch

Jesus, there's a huge expanse between half and half scarves and getting to so worked up you have to shower the opposition with objects when they score. Can you not see that?
Coins, Bottles etc on 09:36 - Apr 13 with 2713 viewsdoogi55

well you might think that is only recent maybe you was not around in the 70s
my dislike and for cfc has been consistent i really do hate them.
Coins, Bottles etc on 09:39 - Apr 13 with 2709 viewsDevonWhite

Coins, Bottles etc on 09:32 - Apr 13 by NW5Hoop

Jesus, there's a huge expanse between half and half scarves and getting to so worked up you have to shower the opposition with objects when they score. Can you not see that?

I don't think the actions of a few idiots should overshadow the atmosphere generated by 99% of our fans yesterday, which was terrific. We made it a really difficult game for Chelsea, as we always do. Our players clearly fed off it and raised their game.

We got pretty much everything right, on and off the pitch, with the small exception of those few morons.
Coins, Bottles etc on 09:42 - Apr 13 with 2701 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Coins, Bottles etc on 09:14 - Apr 13 by connell10

cant agree with that mate sorry!

Me neither.
Coins, Bottles etc on 09:49 - Apr 13 with 2680 viewsTheBlob

"Cauldron of hate"?Like a sunday school picnic compared to games on the continent or slightly further afield.Don't forget we claimed to have to started that "'ray - boo" business in the late seventies which big teams copied.
Get a grip,being hit on the back of the canister by an empty plastic bottle ain't as painful as a glass one (like up at Forest).You give it large you've got to expect to take it large.It has always been thus.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Coins, Bottles etc on 09:50 - Apr 13 with 2675 viewsRangersw12

Coins, Bottles etc on 09:32 - Apr 13 by NW5Hoop

If they scored and ran up away from our fans then no missiles would of been thrown

But no they purposely goaded the fans with Ivanovic giving the come on gestures and they wonder why it spills over it's no different to away fans celebrating in the home end and getting a slap

Fck em at the end of the day
Coins, Bottles etc on 09:56 - Apr 13 with 2652 viewsRs_Holy

Clint Hill specifically asked the Rangers fans to create an intimidating atmosphere... We were the 12th man as requested.
I do not honestly think chelsea would have had 2 players sent off back in 2011 if it had been a less intimidating atmosphere?
Coins, Bottles etc on 09:56 - Apr 13 with 2651 viewsGetMeRangers

It was worse in the 90s and even worse in the 80s.

However, the throwing of objects is never acceptable.

We didnt take too kindly to JB being hit at Burnley last season I seem to remember though perhaps he didnt make quite as much of it as The Chelsea players

Coins, Bottles etc on 10:14 - Apr 13 with 2605 viewsdaveB

If we created that kind of atmosphere against Everton we wouldn't be in the bottom 3 now
Coins, Bottles etc on 10:28 - Apr 13 with 2560 viewsElHoop

I don't get all this stuff about incitement. I was just really pissed off coz they scored. I wasn't even thinking about whether they were celebrating or where they were doing it until there was stuff being chucked at them. Why would you worry about them celebrating when we've just lost the game? Doesn't losing matter enough in itself?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024