Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... 12:54 - May 12 with 4036 viewsYorkRanger

What would you accept for next season.

For me, if there are signs that we have learnt some lessons, start bringing through young players, bring in some lower Division players with the scope to grow (in capability and value) and combine with some wise experienced old heads then anything mid table or above will be a good outcome.

Practically that means there will be a mix of good days out and some miserable ones.

We have to learn our lesson and do things differently. If there is evidence of that I think people will be patient.

For me I would have Warburton in for the rebuilding.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 16:41 - May 13 with 1050 viewslondonscottish

A pulse.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 17:14 - May 13 with 1020 viewsHunterhoop

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 16:41 - May 13 by londonscottish

A pulse.

Survival....

And.

- Massively reduced ST prices, ie. c. £150 off today's price at the very least.
- Faurlin to be retained (on reduced terms)
- Ehmer/Petrasso/Doughty/Harriman and Reece-Cox to be given a chance (that doesn't mean picked regardless, just given a proper shot)
- Effort, commitment and passion from those that play
- A 'clean cut' approach to the big money players. Hugely reduced wages (all of them) or they all are let go/sold, no exceptions.
- Sensible signings from the leagues beneath us of players at the top of their game. The best of the teams below will be better for us than the worst of the teams above
- Regular fans forums set up
- Appointment of a Head of Scouting
- Maintain the DoF position with Les filling it
- TF to step aside and allow someone with more MD experience to "run" the club
- Clear progress on Warren Farm
- TF tweeting far far less and, when he does, doing so with the decorum of a company chairman not a twelve year old girl.

All achievable. All needed.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 17:18 - May 13 with 1012 viewsTacticalR

- Air Asia hostesses bringing drinks to your seat.

Air hostess clique

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 17:26 - May 13 with 991 viewsActonOccident

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 17:14 - May 13 by Hunterhoop

Survival....

And.

- Massively reduced ST prices, ie. c. £150 off today's price at the very least.
- Faurlin to be retained (on reduced terms)
- Ehmer/Petrasso/Doughty/Harriman and Reece-Cox to be given a chance (that doesn't mean picked regardless, just given a proper shot)
- Effort, commitment and passion from those that play
- A 'clean cut' approach to the big money players. Hugely reduced wages (all of them) or they all are let go/sold, no exceptions.
- Sensible signings from the leagues beneath us of players at the top of their game. The best of the teams below will be better for us than the worst of the teams above
- Regular fans forums set up
- Appointment of a Head of Scouting
- Maintain the DoF position with Les filling it
- TF to step aside and allow someone with more MD experience to "run" the club
- Clear progress on Warren Farm
- TF tweeting far far less and, when he does, doing so with the decorum of a company chairman not a twelve year old girl.

All achievable. All needed.

"Massively reduced ST prices, ie. c. £150 off today's price at the very least. "

And the rest - mine was £190 more this year. They should at the least bring them into line with Charlton and Fulham, though I doubt they will.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 18:55 - May 13 with 943 viewsSomersetHoops

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:05 - May 12 by ozexile

I want to go up. Hope the club has expectations like that as well.

There is no way we would be ready or able to go up next season. It will take time to build a squad that could take us up and with a few additions keep us there. In my view we should be aiming to be about 10th which would be quite an achievement from where we are now.

If we don't get it right we could easily go down again. Getting it right needs to start now rather than taking whatever is left of the last minute remaindered players that nobody else wants and we won't be able to get rid of, as we have several times before. Our scouting system should have been number one priority for Les Ferdinand as we need to find the players that can be quickly developed into stars. If it hasn't been improved and up-scaled yet its probably too late. Whether Ramsey, Ramsey plus another, Warburton, Clement or somebody we haven't thought of (please not Allerdyce) that decision needs to be made in time for a really good pre-season which is something else missing since our promotion season under Warnock.

Who's Next?

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 14:22 - May 18 with 851 viewsGloucs_R

Using Clives own words.....we will be a rag tag army next year.

I hope for the play offs but would be happy with top 8. A lot will depend on fines, budgets, who comes and goes. Too early to say.

More importantly I want us to play with passion and to put in performances against Fulham and Brentford to restore some pride.

Poll: Are we staying up?

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 15:20 - May 18 with 815 viewspeejaybee

If they go down,I would like our 1st Home match to be against Hull.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 16:11 - May 18 with 767 viewslondonscottish

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 17:18 - May 13 by TacticalR

- Air Asia hostesses bringing drinks to your seat.

I'd settle for just being able to buy a drink. Any drink.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 16:22 - May 18 with 742 viewsPinnerPaul

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 12:57 - May 12 by SydneyRs

Not getting relegated. Anything else is a bonus.

That's simply not true for 95% of fans.

If we're bubbling around 18th/19th all season, people are going to be "happy"? I think not!
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 16:24 - May 18 with 738 viewsPinnerPaul

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 14:57 - May 12 by loftboy

52 points by the end of March will do me.

I reckon that means we will have lost about 15 games - not sure you will be jumping up and down with joy!
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 16:55 - May 18 with 706 viewssimmo

League position is a very very distant 27th on the list of things important to me next year. For once let's not put stock in how much money is spent, or how high a profile the players we bring in have, or what chance we give ourselves of going back to a league that's utter dog shit anayway. I want to see key issues addressed, a clear strategy/identity and way of doing things/playing/recruiting that permeates throughout the club from the 1st team through to the kids, through to the backroom staff and tea ladies. I want to know that even if we're unsuccessful, and shit, and relegated, and beaten most weeks, that we are doing it at the expense of being the kind of cnts we've been for the last 4-5 years.

I feel like I have been saying the same things for a long time, and perhaps that will never happen under the current owners, but I would still rather be a non-league club with a clear identity and run correctly, than a semi-successful bunch of mercenary wnkers playing in a soulless bowl of sl@gs.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024