Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker to Saints 11:58 - Jul 29 with 28965 viewssimmo

Looks possible, initially as a loan - Simon Peach rarely wrong when it comes to Saints

[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 12:44]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker to Saints on 15:02 - Jul 29 with 2720 viewsMarc

Caulker to Saints on 14:58 - Jul 29 by Northernr

I'd have Connolly back in a heartbeat.

Thought we would've had that one wrapped up early doors
Caulker to Saints on 15:03 - Jul 29 with 2717 viewssimmo

Caulker to Saints on 14:58 - Jul 29 by Marc

Cool, but whatever your personal feelings towards the bloke are, my original point still stands. He's never tweeted out anything in an attempt to be 'itk' before.

I don't know this guy - but putting it on Twitter like that is a dick move.

Also, what is your original point? That somebody claiming to maybe be Caulkers relative says that he doesn't like QPR or the manager? Was that the reason behind his other 6 moves too?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker to Saints on 15:06 - Jul 29 with 2673 viewsJigsore

Saints won't buy Caulker. For a start he is only cover for Gardos who is injured and is a cover CB himself, secondly they know that foreign players, especially in the Eredivisie, are way cheaper and they could find a better player than Caulker for less then we'd want

it's just delaying the problem another year. 40k or so (i'm not sure if this s the actual figure, you'd have to ask SoG) is a nice sum to have spare every week but now we're looking at lining up for a 46 game slog with Hill and Onouha flanked by the injury-prone Yun and a right back even younger than me

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Caulker to Saints on 15:06 - Jul 29 with 2670 viewsqpr1976

Caulker to Saints on 14:55 - Jul 29 by daveB

if he does well we can charge what we like for him regardless of the loan fee, imagine his price would go up.

Maybe Dave, but I think we overpaid last season.
Good deal for me if it frees up cash to spend ASAP

And I thought Luongo was £1.75m
Caulker to Saints on 15:14 - Jul 29 with 2573 viewsadhoc_qpr

Matt Connolly is bang average....but currently i'd bite your hand off for a couple of average Championship defenders.

When the window opened i was hoping we'd invest in a younger player like Tarkowski from Brentford or someone though.

I wonder if Palace will loan us or sell us Mariappa? Very solid in the Championship but not up to the prem (not that it would concern us).
Caulker to Saints on 15:23 - Jul 29 with 2471 viewsNorthernr

Yeh I like both of those. Connolly is good at this level, no coincidence he keeps winning promotion from it.
Caulker to Saints on 15:26 - Jul 29 with 2441 viewsTacticalR

Caulker to Saints on 15:14 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

Matt Connolly is bang average....but currently i'd bite your hand off for a couple of average Championship defenders.

When the window opened i was hoping we'd invest in a younger player like Tarkowski from Brentford or someone though.

I wonder if Palace will loan us or sell us Mariappa? Very solid in the Championship but not up to the prem (not that it would concern us).

We need to get into the average market - that's a very exciting area.

Air hostess clique

Caulker to Saints on 15:27 - Jul 29 with 2421 viewsNorthernr

Caulker to Saints on 15:26 - Jul 29 by TacticalR

We're heading for it so quickly there's actually little licks of flame coming off us as we fly by.
Login to get fewer ads

Caulker to Saints on 15:28 - Jul 29 with 2405 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints on 15:27 - Jul 29 by Northernr

We're heading for it so quickly there's actually little licks of flame coming off us as we fly by.

it's the average market, so it's not licks of flame, more like small puffs of dust like when a tennis ball hits the line. Gently.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 15:33 - Jul 29 with 2346 viewsimustbemad

Caulker to Saints on 15:26 - Jul 29 by TacticalR

The above average market has not been very fruitful
Caulker to Saints on 15:37 - Jul 29 with 2304 viewsrichpr

OMG - 1 CB left and that's Onouha - desperately short of composure / height at the back. Hill has not got it any more. Caulker was disappointing but not to have someone else at the back is bad news. Even if we try and sign someone now we will have to pay over the odds. I suspect Austin will eventually go for less than £15m next week.
Caulker to Saints on 15:40 - Jul 29 with 2273 viewsJonDoeman

Caulker to Saints on 15:14 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

Is that Tarkowski rated ? Saw him twice last season , thought he was dodgy, along with his fellow CB. A weak area of their team, that they have addressed with Bellend.

It Is What It Is !!

Caulker to Saints on 15:45 - Jul 29 with 2231 viewsDiscodroids

Using the little known fact that QPR have one centre back at the club who was born after oliva newton john and john travolta were at number one with 'summer nights' as a barganing tool , i for one am sure that other clubs wont use this to hike up the price of their defenders.

we seem to have found somewhere in the region for 6 million on the swindon lads and datsun , so i hope there some shrap left to finally nail wayne bridge at last . how fortunate we showed WBA where to stick their derisory 5 million .
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 15:49]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Caulker to Saints on 15:55 - Jul 29 with 2135 viewsBklynRanger

If Caulker wanted to go it's better to get him out. I think he'll need a hell of a lot of focus to do well at Southampton and I'm not sure he's got it.

We're certainly very very short in defenders now but I think Clint and Ned can start at Charlton if needed. Les needs to cough up one or two of those defenders he's been scouting. It does raise the possibility of getting a slightly better quality of CB than we may have been going to.
Caulker to Saints on 15:57 - Jul 29 with 2115 viewscalHoop

I can't believe anyone would have a problem with this. He put in some of the worst centre half performances I have ever seen from a qpr player and was comfortably our worst 'regular'.

And someone has offered us a 3.5m package for a season to take him off our hands. If he sorts his head out then we will get our money back at least. Last time we went down we were loaning players out for little/no fee and paying their wages.

Id have Clint hill over last season's caulker every day of the week. And with around a month of the window left there'll be a few more coming in yet. Hill and onouha will probably start together v charlton, nothing wrong with that. Plenty of time for reinforcements.
Caulker to Saints on 16:06 - Jul 29 with 2055 viewsWilloW4

Caulker to Saints on 15:27 - Jul 29 by Northernr

It was said by a few on LFWs that a caulker/Ned partnership as centre backs would be the best in the championship...I never believed it for a minute, glad caulker is gone.
Caulker to Saints on 16:11 - Jul 29 with 2019 viewsMarc

Caulker to Saints on 15:03 - Jul 29 by simmo

I don't know this guy - but putting it on Twitter like that is a dick move.

Also, what is your original point? That somebody claiming to maybe be Caulkers relative says that he doesn't like QPR or the manager? Was that the reason behind his other 6 moves too?

My point was that he isnt known for attention seeking so the email is probably legit

As i've said to Clive though, it could be Caulkers cousin attempting to save face for him by claiming the club/manager is at fault for his departure
Caulker to Saints on 16:15 - Jul 29 with 1986 viewsadhoc_qpr

No spin/comment from the club on this then?

If i was Les i'd keep quiet until i could announce a new defender signing!
Caulker to Saints on 16:18 - Jul 29 with 1972 viewsQPR1882

Did we not get rid of Danny Simpson at the start of last season ? seems we have history in shooting ourselves in the foot defensively.
Caulker to Saints on 16:21 - Jul 29 with 1949 viewsvegasranger

Caulker to Saints on 14:36 - Jul 29 by fakekerby

Great it's around 2 million quid in wages off the books (reckon he's on 40k ish)... but you can't replace him for that.

Who's going to be able to come in and do a job for less than 2 million quid in transfer fee + his own wages? Nobody.

Ridiculous move.

And for anybody who thinks it's a clever move - let's look at it some more:-

Southampton will have an agreed fee that suits them, probably 5-6. If he performs well there then they get to sign a 15 million quid player (because that's how much liverpool would give S'ton for him) for half price . If he's crap he comes back to us and is worth even less than he is now and we're back to trying to flog him for nothing.

All this to save 2 million quid for a season - here's an idea, keep Caulker and don't go buying another f'n number 10 the first chance you get.

I'm with you Fakerby. Ridiculous move. We have gained nothing. BBC are reporting no fee involved. So next season they can dump him back on us !! A decent centre half is going to cost more than a million. Much as I love Clint Hill he can't be a starter anymore. I don't want Connolly, slow and switches off at just the wrong moment. Our defence was really poor with a Div 1 ( at best ) right back and Yun ( not very good ) injured at left back. Now we have one defender good enough for this division.
Caulker to Saints on 16:23 - Jul 29 with 1915 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints on 16:21 - Jul 29 by vegasranger

I'm with you Fakerby. Ridiculous move. We have gained nothing. BBC are reporting no fee involved. So next season they can dump him back on us !! A decent centre half is going to cost more than a million. Much as I love Clint Hill he can't be a starter anymore. I don't want Connolly, slow and switches off at just the wrong moment. Our defence was really poor with a Div 1 ( at best ) right back and Yun ( not very good ) injured at left back. Now we have one defender good enough for this division.

BBC can report what they like. everyone else is saying £1.5m and QPR claim a 'substantial fee'.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 16:29 - Jul 29 with 1868 viewskingsburyR

I'm not overly bothered he's gone. He cost me a fortune for starters in the first goal scorer market!

Prone to more than the odd mistake.

I also would have kept Dunne on lower wages for cover (if he wanted too obv).

So now we wait. I'm very hopeful we will see 2-3 defenders in by Charlton!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Caulker to Saints on 16:33 - Jul 29 with 1825 viewsNorthernr

Caulker to Saints on 16:06 - Jul 29 by WilloW4

It was said by a few on LFWs that a caulker/Ned partnership as centre backs would be the best in the championship...I never believed it for a minute, glad caulker is gone.

Well I'm sure we can agree it would be better than ned and nobody which is what we're shaping up for at this precise moment.
Caulker to Saints on 16:34 - Jul 29 with 1821 viewsMarc

Caulker to Saints on 16:29 - Jul 29 by kingsburyR

I'm not overly bothered he's gone. He cost me a fortune for starters in the first goal scorer market!

Prone to more than the odd mistake.

I also would have kept Dunne on lower wages for cover (if he wanted too obv).

So now we wait. I'm very hopeful we will see 2-3 defenders in by Charlton!

I doubt Dunne could be bothered with the hassle of a 46 game slog in the championship again, especially after the injury he suffered last season
Caulker to Saints on 16:40 - Jul 29 with 1777 viewswombat

Caulker to Saints on 16:34 - Jul 29 by Marc

I doubt Dunne could be bothered with the hassle of a 46 game slog in the championship again, especially after the injury he suffered last season

the story about caulker not liking the club does hold some water , there was thew little incident before the slightly important burnely game last season when he was reported to have texted a few people saying dont bother coming today harry hasnt got a clue ( we all knew that anyway )

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024