Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bid for Bentley 10:31 - Aug 3 with 9573 viewsdaveB

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-qpr-to-table-bid-today-for-highl
Bid for Bentley on 12:42 - Aug 4 with 2122 viewsTheBlob

Bid for Bentley on 12:37 - Aug 4 by Discodroids

the problem with our minoaour chariman uncle blob is the the top halfs gordon gekko and the bottom half's gerald rattner

I've a gut feeling that both halves may not be here forever.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bid for Bentley on 12:52 - Aug 4 with 2063 viewsJonDoeman

Bid for Bentley on 10:42 - Aug 4 by TheBlob

I don't see much in the way of largesse.I've got a gut feeling this new austerity is leading us downwards,ever downwards.

There's austerity, & then there is taking the piss.
Bidding less than has already been turned down is the latter!

It Is What It Is !!

Bid for Bentley on 12:56 - Aug 4 with 2042 viewsNW10Hoop

Bid for Bentley on 11:09 - Aug 4 by daveB

7million is still massive money for this league, we've been living in a different world for far too long

£7 million for multiple signings is not ostentatious for this level. Sure, signing a forward for £11-14m will still raise eyebrows, but there's a load of teams in this division who are aiming for Premier League football within the next 2 to 3 years. They wouldn't blink at spending £7m yet here there's outcry

If we are re-calibrating what our level and level of expenditure - fine. But if that level is to float around lower mid table or worse in the Championship, in a couple of years we'll even have trouble signing the bright lights of League 1
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 14:45]
Bid for Bentley on 12:58 - Aug 4 with 2018 viewsdaveB

Bid for Bentley on 12:56 - Aug 4 by NW10Hoop

£7 million for multiple signings is not ostentatious for this level. Sure, signing a forward for £11-14m will still raise eyebrows, but there's a load of teams in this division who are aiming for Premier League football within the next 2 to 3 years. They wouldn't blink at spending £7m yet here there's outcry

If we are re-calibrating what our level and level of expenditure - fine. But if that level is to float around lower mid table or worse in the Championship, in a couple of years we'll even have trouble signing the bright lights of League 1
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 14:45]

Paying 50k a week for several players is the problem and until those players go we won't be spending much.

It's not what people want to hear but after years of over spending and failing eventually we'll have to face consequences and that is what is happening now
Bid for Bentley on 14:12 - Aug 4 with 1899 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bid for Bentley on 12:52 - Aug 4 by JonDoeman

There's austerity, & then there is taking the piss.
Bidding less than has already been turned down is the latter!

Brilliant that you've found these amazing powers of critical analysis this summer Jon!
Where were they when Daddy Redknapp was in charge? Have you been on a course?

Bare bones.

Bid for Bentley on 14:29 - Aug 4 with 1847 viewsNW10Hoop

Bid for Bentley on 12:58 - Aug 4 by daveB

Paying 50k a week for several players is the problem and until those players go we won't be spending much.

It's not what people want to hear but after years of over spending and failing eventually we'll have to face consequences and that is what is happening now

Fair point although I don't think it is as cut and dry as that is it? It takes a while to turn a ship around. I'm not saying sign loads of players on 4 year deals for the sake of it, but I do want us to be competitive in whatever league we are playing in.

Until we get slapped with a crippling FFP fine or our current backers leave, we don't have to deal with any consequences at all do we? We've made great strides getting rid of loads of overpaid players. But that's still left us with an unbalanced squad, something that can't just be rectified with the current crop of youth, or £200k signings. We're still getting parachute payments from Sky, we got 9 million from the Sterling deal, will get upwards of 10 million for Austin and 3.5 million (I think) from McCarthy going to Palace. Is that not enough to service our debts and bolster the squad for Championship football?
Bid for Bentley on 15:41 - Aug 4 with 1710 viewsderbyhoop

Bid for Bentley on 10:14 - Aug 4 by daveB

So a week ago cries on here to sign a back up keeper and sign Bentley as he is going to be great. Now we try and do just that and club should give Lumley a chance instead. Bizarre on here sometimes

I think I've been consistent on this. For a side/club looking to trim its costs and stick to a budget, Lumley, from what I've seen of him, is perfectly adequate as a back up keeper. Unless something serious happened to Green, he'll play no more than 5 games.

After the departure of McCarthy, who failed to seize any chances offered, I didn't think we needed another expensive reserve.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bid for Bentley on 15:56 - Aug 4 with 1688 viewsjohnhoop

Bid for Bentley on 14:29 - Aug 4 by NW10Hoop

Fair point although I don't think it is as cut and dry as that is it? It takes a while to turn a ship around. I'm not saying sign loads of players on 4 year deals for the sake of it, but I do want us to be competitive in whatever league we are playing in.

Until we get slapped with a crippling FFP fine or our current backers leave, we don't have to deal with any consequences at all do we? We've made great strides getting rid of loads of overpaid players. But that's still left us with an unbalanced squad, something that can't just be rectified with the current crop of youth, or £200k signings. We're still getting parachute payments from Sky, we got 9 million from the Sterling deal, will get upwards of 10 million for Austin and 3.5 million (I think) from McCarthy going to Palace. Is that not enough to service our debts and bolster the squad for Championship football?

Completely agree NW10. There seems to be a "hairshirt" mentality being exhibited by a number of the posters on here that propounds the attitude that because our owner has been profligate/stupid in the last few years or has backed profligate/stupid managers, then the supporters should all be actively looking forward to eating sh-t for the foreseeable future. There are gaping holes in the side we can field for the start of the season at CB and striker(when Charlie goes because it is a matter of when). I don't believe we should be throwing shedloads of money around but signing effective players for those positions is essential if we want to be competitive in this division rather than doing a Wigan.
Yes we may owe 170 or 200 million or whatever the current figure is but is reducing that deficit by the amount of say five to ten million by not buying the couple of players we need really going to be of any significance compared to the difference it could make to the team and our prospects of success on the field?
Login to get fewer ads

Bid for Bentley on 17:46 - Aug 4 with 1604 viewsNW10Hoop

Bid for Bentley on 15:56 - Aug 4 by johnhoop

Completely agree NW10. There seems to be a "hairshirt" mentality being exhibited by a number of the posters on here that propounds the attitude that because our owner has been profligate/stupid in the last few years or has backed profligate/stupid managers, then the supporters should all be actively looking forward to eating sh-t for the foreseeable future. There are gaping holes in the side we can field for the start of the season at CB and striker(when Charlie goes because it is a matter of when). I don't believe we should be throwing shedloads of money around but signing effective players for those positions is essential if we want to be competitive in this division rather than doing a Wigan.
Yes we may owe 170 or 200 million or whatever the current figure is but is reducing that deficit by the amount of say five to ten million by not buying the couple of players we need really going to be of any significance compared to the difference it could make to the team and our prospects of success on the field?

That's the thing. If we really are serious about paying down the debt, do people really expect us to manage that floating around the lower leagues?

Even if we were to make 1000% (one thousand percent) profit selling on Luongo, or JET, Austin and Phillips in the next couple of years we would still be in debt.

Finishing fourth bottom in the premier league spending no more than 65% of our turnover for a few seasons would see us chip away at the debt far more effectively than trying to do the same in the championship.
Bid for Bentley on 12:10 - Aug 5 with 1434 viewsGloucs_R

2nd bid rejected this morning.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bid for Bentley on 12:18 - Aug 5 with 1408 viewsganjR

Bid for Bentley on 12:10 - Aug 5 by Gloucs_R

Why so long between bids?
Bid for Bentley on 12:20 - Aug 5 with 1402 viewsJonDoeman

Bid for Bentley on 12:10 - Aug 5 by Gloucs_R

Was it for more than our first bid ? ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Bid for Bentley on 12:21 - Aug 5 with 1395 viewsSimonJames

Bid for Bentley on 17:46 - Aug 4 by NW10Hoop

That's the thing. If we really are serious about paying down the debt, do people really expect us to manage that floating around the lower leagues?

Even if we were to make 1000% (one thousand percent) profit selling on Luongo, or JET, Austin and Phillips in the next couple of years we would still be in debt.

Finishing fourth bottom in the premier league spending no more than 65% of our turnover for a few seasons would see us chip away at the debt far more effectively than trying to do the same in the championship.

If I was the club owner I'd want to get back into the PL asap and get my shout in as much of the upcoming £5.1BN as possible.
But (if memory serves me correctly) since the stated intention moving forward is to only recruit players who genuinely want to play for the club, plugging the gaps effectively is likely to take some time.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Bid for Bentley on 12:45 - Aug 5 with 1334 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bid for Bentley on 17:46 - Aug 4 by NW10Hoop

I don't think they're that worried about paying down the debt - it's about not adding to it.
The only real way to pay off the debt and start making a profit is to get up, stay up, and build a bigger stadium. The debt, for them, isn't the issue at the moment.

Bare bones.

Bid for Bentley on 13:10 - Aug 5 with 1272 viewsNW10Hoop

Bid for Bentley on 12:45 - Aug 5 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think they're that worried about paying down the debt - it's about not adding to it.
The only real way to pay off the debt and start making a profit is to get up, stay up, and build a bigger stadium. The debt, for them, isn't the issue at the moment.

Yup, I think the debt is more of a concern for fans of the club. A lot of the debt is owed to the owners though and I can't imagine they are charging tons of interest to the club. The running costs compared to income has got to be heading in the right direction though with so many high earners off the books, and signings like Konchesky fill holes in the squad without lumbering us with an old boy for more than a season.
Bid for Bentley on 13:13 - Aug 5 with 1255 viewsdaveB

Bid for Bentley on 14:29 - Aug 4 by NW10Hoop

We're making losses of around 70 million a year at the moment so going to take a hell of a lot to cut that down
Bid for Bentley on 13:37 - Aug 5 with 1184 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bid for Bentley on 13:13 - Aug 5 by daveB

We're making losses of around 70 million a year at the moment so going to take a hell of a lot to cut that down

True, but I imagine at least a third of that is already off the wage bill, maybe more.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024