Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your very first gig 08:34 - Dec 18 with 15834 viewsMonahoop

Keeping in tune with the recent spate of great music threads here, what was was your very first gig you went to. This does not include watching your fellow spotty teenage mates' band playing ' Wild Thing' and the like in a local Sally Ann hall or such venue.

Mine:- Slade at Brighton's old Goldstone ground in the summer of 1975. I was 14 at the time. They were so loud they nearly shook that place off its foundations. No wonder it began to fall down gradually afterwards.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Your very first gig on 13:52 - Dec 18 with 2932 viewsBluce_Ree

Your very first gig on 12:52 - Dec 18 by Discodroids

I just missed out on hendrix setting his guitar alight in 1967 as i was caught up in a Quaalude fuelled menage trois(supplied by spanish tony the stones dealer) with long john baldry and patti smith.

i did see johns children in hamburg in 1970 though , Lonnie donagan stood in for mark bolan that night.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2015 12:56]

Wait. Are you like a million years old?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Your very first gig on 14:00 - Dec 18 with 2926 viewsToast_R

A-Ha Wembley Arena 1987
Your very first gig on 14:43 - Dec 18 with 2905 viewsCliff_Schitzinabag

Your very first gig on 13:06 - Dec 18 by billericaydicky

The Skids - Marquee around 1979.

Albert Tatlock!

Ha ha!
Ena Sharples
Me-eg Mortimer!

SLF at the Hammy Pally in '79. Supported by the Starjets, who were just as good.

Skinheads seig-heiling throughout the gig, I remember Jake Burns introducing Johnny Was saying "this song was written by a black man and if you don't like black men then you know where the f-king door is". They wisely didn't play White Noise!

Skinheads started rucking during the encore (Tigerfeet!) and the band stormed off.

At least it was memorable!
Your very first gig on 14:49 - Dec 18 with 2887 viewsWilloW4

Your very first gig on 14:43 - Dec 18 by Cliff_Schitzinabag

Ha ha!
Ena Sharples
Me-eg Mortimer!

SLF at the Hammy Pally in '79. Supported by the Starjets, who were just as good.

Skinheads seig-heiling throughout the gig, I remember Jake Burns introducing Johnny Was saying "this song was written by a black man and if you don't like black men then you know where the f-king door is". They wisely didn't play White Noise!

Skinheads started rucking during the encore (Tigerfeet!) and the band stormed off.

At least it was memorable!

Jake still remembers that gig, their tour bus got smashed up after the show...SLF are back at the forum in March.
Your very first gig on 14:53 - Dec 18 with 2884 viewsDiscodroids

Your very first gig on 13:52 - Dec 18 by Bluce_Ree

Wait. Are you like a million years old?

no bluce !! the last two posts were a piss take. As everyone seems to have gone to see the skids, the banshees, the slits, the buzzcocks, joy division,Tangerine dream , new york dolls, syd barret, dead kennedys etc etc as their first gig, and i saw luther vandross.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Your very first gig on 15:59 - Dec 18 with 2848 viewsHitch

The Hollies, it was about 1970 at The Bowl Of Brooklands in New Plymouth. I remember some old guy clapping and really enjoying the music. He is now Me.
Your very first gig on 17:49 - Dec 18 with 2813 viewsngbqpr

Your very first gig on 14:53 - Dec 18 by Discodroids

no bluce !! the last two posts were a piss take. As everyone seems to have gone to see the skids, the banshees, the slits, the buzzcocks, joy division,Tangerine dream , new york dolls, syd barret, dead kennedys etc etc as their first gig, and i saw luther vandross.

Disco, are you James Murphy?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Your very first gig on 18:00 - Dec 18 with 2809 viewsjc67

Hammersmith Odeon May 1964 Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, The Nashville Teens, Swinging Blue Jeans and The Animals.
Login to get fewer ads

Your very first gig on 18:05 - Dec 18 with 2803 viewsWilloW4

Your very first gig on 18:00 - Dec 18 by jc67

Hammersmith Odeon May 1964 Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, The Nashville Teens, Swinging Blue Jeans and The Animals.

Jealous of that one jc67, great line up... Did chuck berry play for longer than 30 minuets?
Your very first gig on 18:45 - Dec 18 with 2794 viewsjonno

Your very first gig on 10:06 - Dec 18 by Stanisgod

Quo at Grays civic hall 1971 , just as Piledriver hit No.1.

Was that the show where it all ended with a punch up when some yobs got on stage and attacked the band? I remember that happening at Grays around that time.

For me, The Edgar Broughton Band at the Dagenham Roundhouse very early seventies.
Your very first gig on 23:32 - Dec 18 with 2769 viewsdistortR

Uk subs, 100 club, round the time of 'just a typical city...', what a band, charlie harper, top man!
Your very first gig on 23:48 - Dec 18 with 2764 viewsrrrspricey

Adam and the Ants, (pre prince Charming sh¡t) in some craphole in Thamesmead around '77
Your very first gig on 00:00 - Dec 19 with 2759 viewsQPR1882

Your very first gig on 23:48 - Dec 18 by rrrspricey

Adam and the Ants, (pre prince Charming sh¡t) in some craphole in Thamesmead around '77

Be Bop Deluxe Hammersmith odeon OR The Jam at the Nashville cant remember which one i went to 1st both around 77'

[Post edited 19 Dec 2015 0:04]
Your very first gig on 00:05 - Dec 19 with 2755 viewshamptonhillhoop

The Smiths. London Palladium October 1986.
FFS where's the time gone?
Your very first gig on 00:43 - Dec 19 with 2742 viewsplymhoop

the Damned cornwall coliseum 1985
first of many

cooky from plymouth

Your very first gig on 00:51 - Dec 19 with 2739 viewsKiwi76

U2 War tour in 1981 - still with mullet & approx 4000 crowd.
Your very first gig on 02:04 - Dec 19 with 2723 viewsFredManRave

Big Country. Brighton. Ably supported by Big Dish. 80something.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Your very first gig on 07:42 - Dec 19 with 2701 viewsPattaya_Rs

The Specials at Brunel University Uxbridge late 1979............same tour as below.....seen a lot of bands since, still one of the best gigs been too........

Your very first gig on 07:49 - Dec 19 with 2695 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The Style Council and Jazz Defektors at Brixton Academy in summer of 1987
Your very first gig on 09:35 - Dec 19 with 2656 viewsDanVanDyke

Another for Big Country - Newcastle City Hall 89, gig had been rearranged from late 88 as Stuart had lost his voice. Fantastic live band, massively underrated.
Your very first gig on 10:47 - Dec 19 with 2643 viewsjc67

Your very first gig on 18:05 - Dec 18 by WilloW4

Jealous of that one jc67, great line up... Did chuck berry play for longer than 30 minuets?

I think 30 minutes was about par for the course, only after he had the cash up front of course. Regrettably he did not play any minuets that night.
Your very first gig on 11:36 - Dec 19 with 2631 viewsWilloW4

Your very first gig on 10:47 - Dec 19 by jc67

I think 30 minutes was about par for the course, only after he had the cash up front of course. Regrettably he did not play any minuets that night.

Whoops. A hundred lines for me...'I must learn to spell minutes correctly '.
Your very first gig on 11:52 - Dec 19 with 2625 viewsithastogetbetter

Joe Jackson, supported by The Specials, in 1979. Olympic Ballroom, Dublin. For a 14 year old, it was mind blowing. Loud, out of control "dancing" and various members of the specials climbing the stacks. Brilliant.
This was closely followed by U2 in the TV club just after they were supposed to have disbanded!
Your very first gig on 19:15 - Dec 19 with 2596 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

My first proper gig was the first of many trips to the 100 Club, when I saw Infa Riot

There was one earlier I don't like to count. We just happened to be playing a football match away in 1983 at Brunel Uni in Uxbridge, and we stayed on after the game hoping to pull when JoBoxers did a gig.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024