Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 19:21 - Jan 9 with 8065 viewsDWQPR

And to be fair, given the team that was picked the performance was far superior than the performances against Huddesfield and Hull. Lumley did not have one single shot to save and other than a goal which was a break away from a corner where Hill was left in the half way line (please note JFH it does pay to leave players on the half way for opposition corners), and outpaced Forest did nothing at all of note and the second half was completely dominated by Rangers. Hall was unlucky with a bullet of a header tipped over the bar, but our failing seemed to try and over complicate things around the penalty area rather than trying to test their keeper. Hall and Angella had very little to do, Doughty was very good in the second half and along with Chery pretty much bossed the game, JET looked lethargic at times and other times linked the play really well, Toszer, didn't remember much of him, Luongo was busy as was Mackie and all we lacked really was a goal which we did really deserve. Would like to see Doughty given a run with Faurlin in the middle of Sandra remains on his monthlys instead of Henry and Chery and Luongo given a run to link like they did earlier in the season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back on 19:33 - Jan 9 with 6188 viewsFredManRave

Cheers for the JB. It's nice to hear things from the real world from time to time.

Were the fans supportive of the team until the final whistle or were there murmurs?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Just Back on 19:36 - Jan 9 with 6162 viewsdaveB

Just Back on 19:33 - Jan 9 by FredManRave

Cheers for the JB. It's nice to hear things from the real world from time to time.

Were the fans supportive of the team until the final whistle or were there murmurs?!

mate of mine who went said the moans were from the first minute with songs about wanting our rangers back and for warnock along with we're fecking shit and that was at 0-0
Just Back on 19:41 - Jan 9 with 6119 viewsderbyhoop

It was Angella's header. We couldn't get a foothold first half but were much better after the break. But we hardly threatened. Hall and Angella were solid. We passed it around well and Tozser was often the starting point for that. But JET didn't win enough to bring the midfield into play in danger areas. Only 5 attempts and 3 on target but that was still better than Forest. However 2 of the attempts were weak distance efforts from Chery.

For all he's been a good servant, that should be Clint Hill's swan song. He got taken to the cleaners by Burke.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Just Back on 19:49 - Jan 9 with 6039 viewsFredManRave

Just Back on 19:41 - Jan 9 by derbyhoop

It was Angella's header. We couldn't get a foothold first half but were much better after the break. But we hardly threatened. Hall and Angella were solid. We passed it around well and Tozser was often the starting point for that. But JET didn't win enough to bring the midfield into play in danger areas. Only 5 attempts and 3 on target but that was still better than Forest. However 2 of the attempts were weak distance efforts from Chery.

For all he's been a good servant, that should be Clint Hill's swan song. He got taken to the cleaners by Burke.

Did JET look match fit or Taarabt fit? Was surprised he lasted the 90 minutes really.

I've got the Power.

Just Back on 19:53 - Jan 9 with 5976 viewsknocker

I'm sorry but I saw nothing today to suggest anything but a real struggle to stay away from bottom 3. It was better 2nd half but Forest were woeful. Desperately need something from next 2 away games or I fear we will be bang in trouble.
Just Back on 20:05 - Jan 9 with 5863 viewsRangersw12

Just Back on 19:36 - Jan 9 by daveB

mate of mine who went said the moans were from the first minute with songs about wanting our rangers back and for warnock along with we're fecking shit and that was at 0-0

No songs about Warnock but was songs about wanting our Rangers back

We were awful today
Just Back on 20:12 - Jan 9 with 5797 viewsArgyBargy1982

Just Back on 20:05 - Jan 9 by Rangersw12

We were awful today

W12. I think you must have been in the bar when the Warnock song happened. I was really encouraged today. Once Mackie is fully fit I reckon there's a chance of a long unbeaten run. Did you hear some of the abuse JFH got? I think some people hate Chelsea more than they love Rangers.
Just Back on 20:15 - Jan 9 with 5774 viewsactonman

Dwqpr review pretty much spot on as I saw it aswell. Nothing of note from both teams apart from the save in the second half and their goal. Forest where there for the taking with a bit more ambition but as usual we found a way to lose.
Crowd where quite supportive throughout apart from 1 or 2 petty tiffs from the "your sh!t Rangers" mob.
Fair play to the hardy souls who follow us every game away when you pretty much know the outcome beforehand. Having said that , forest have a proper football ground and apart from the score it was a good day out !
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 21:31 - Jan 9 with 5378 viewsLblock

Just Back on 19:53 - Jan 9 by knocker

I'm sorry but I saw nothing today to suggest anything but a real struggle to stay away from bottom 3. It was better 2nd half but Forest were woeful. Desperately need something from next 2 away games or I fear we will be bang in trouble.

We ARE bang in trouble. End of.

Novice Park Rangers top to bottom

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Just Back on 21:44 - Jan 9 with 5298 viewsFredManRave

Just Back on 21:31 - Jan 9 by Lblock

We ARE bang in trouble. End of.

Novice Park Rangers top to bottom

Next game's a "Must Win".

I've got the Power.

Just Back on 21:55 - Jan 9 with 5220 viewsLblock

Just Back on 21:44 - Jan 9 by FredManRave

They all are Fred my old son, they all are......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Just Back on 22:02 - Jan 9 with 5169 viewsDeepcutHoop

Just Back on 20:05 - Jan 9 by Rangersw12

We were awful today

There definitely were Warnock songs and renditions of 'we're f***ing s***' on about 20 minutes, from another report I've read elsewhere.

It's good that that song seems to have become an anthem for the fans. Helpful stuff.
Just Back on 22:15 - Jan 9 with 5099 viewsjohncharles

Just Back on 22:02 - Jan 9 by DeepcutHoop

There definitely were Warnock songs and renditions of 'we're f***ing s***' on about 20 minutes, from another report I've read elsewhere.

It's good that that song seems to have become an anthem for the fans. Helpful stuff.

It's a dilemma mate in'it, Fact over fantasy, Fans voicing an opinion. Won't do. Should be stipulated in the Early bird ST, no criticism allowed. We reserve the right to shovel any old shite to the paying supporters.
This team was dead from the minute it was announced. A slap in the face of the travelling supporters.

Strong and stable my arse.

Just Back on 22:28 - Jan 9 with 5002 viewsBlackCrowe

Just Back on 22:15 - Jan 9 by johncharles

It's a dilemma mate in'it, Fact over fantasy, Fans voicing an opinion. Won't do. Should be stipulated in the Early bird ST, no criticism allowed. We reserve the right to shovel any old shite to the paying supporters.
This team was dead from the minute it was announced. A slap in the face of the travelling supporters.

absolute fair play to all that went, but anything other than hiding-to-nothing and a very-tinkered-team-seection was never doubt. We won't go down. Heard it hear first. Not that that's dismal in itself.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just Back on 22:59 - Jan 9 with 4874 viewsRangersw12

Just Back on 22:02 - Jan 9 by DeepcutHoop

I'm firmly in the camp people paid their money and traveled all that way they can sing what they want and let's be honest we were "fcking shit " for a lot of the game but the fans still got behind the team

[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 23:19]
Just Back on 01:44 - Jan 10 with 4613 viewsWilly_WonkR

I think the OP sums it up quite nicely.
A few observations I'd add...

I thought we started the game well with Mackie and Doughty in particular closing Forest down high up the pitch. This allowed Toszer to get his foot on the ball spread the play. This seemed to change when Doughty was moved to the left and Gladwin moved inside. It allowed Forest the space to play.

I don't agree with you Derbyhoop that Hill is finished. Plenty of younger fullbacks would have struggled with Burke's pace and speed has never been one of Hill's strengths. What Hill can do is clear danger when under pressure in his own box. That's why he's best at centre half. Forest's only other 2 chances were cleared by Hill in his own 6 yard box. The second by the tip of his quiffed bonce.

I thought Doughty did well throughout the match in an unnatural left midfield but it was his mistake that led to the goal. He was covering the break by Burke when we had the corner. The corner was cleared which Doughty went to collect. A poor ball back allowed them to clear to Burke and break away.

I find JET frustrating. Often looked lethargic but must have been saving it for a 15 minute period in the second half when he looked dangerous. He needs to stop standing on the wing Jay Bothroyd style when he is a lone striker though as we end up with nobody in the box when he does. He was also guilty of trying to beat too many men on occasion.

Why we persist with a long throw I really don't know. For it to be effective it needs to come in flat and hard with a near post flick on. Ours are just too loopy to be dangerous.

Without trying to sound too gloomy there were some positives. I thought Chery looked lively when he came on. If he got hold of one of his shots it could have been a different outcome. It was also great to see Mackie involved. Likewise with Luongo. Also, it was good see Joe Lumley get a warm(ish) welcome.
Just Back on 04:15 - Jan 10 with 4550 viewsRaymond

Just Back on 20:12 - Jan 9 by ArgyBargy1982

W12. I think you must have been in the bar when the Warnock song happened. I was really encouraged today. Once Mackie is fully fit I reckon there's a chance of a long unbeaten run. Did you hear some of the abuse JFH got? I think some people hate Chelsea more than they love Rangers.

Long unbeaten run because Mackie plays? LOLOLOLOLOL
Just Back on 07:33 - Jan 10 with 4445 viewsngbqpr

Just Back on 01:44 - Jan 10 by Willy_WonkR

I think the OP sums it up quite nicely.
A few observations I'd add...

I thought we started the game well with Mackie and Doughty in particular closing Forest down high up the pitch. This allowed Toszer to get his foot on the ball spread the play. This seemed to change when Doughty was moved to the left and Gladwin moved inside. It allowed Forest the space to play.

I don't agree with you Derbyhoop that Hill is finished. Plenty of younger fullbacks would have struggled with Burke's pace and speed has never been one of Hill's strengths. What Hill can do is clear danger when under pressure in his own box. That's why he's best at centre half. Forest's only other 2 chances were cleared by Hill in his own 6 yard box. The second by the tip of his quiffed bonce.

I thought Doughty did well throughout the match in an unnatural left midfield but it was his mistake that led to the goal. He was covering the break by Burke when we had the corner. The corner was cleared which Doughty went to collect. A poor ball back allowed them to clear to Burke and break away.

I find JET frustrating. Often looked lethargic but must have been saving it for a 15 minute period in the second half when he looked dangerous. He needs to stop standing on the wing Jay Bothroyd style when he is a lone striker though as we end up with nobody in the box when he does. He was also guilty of trying to beat too many men on occasion.

Why we persist with a long throw I really don't know. For it to be effective it needs to come in flat and hard with a near post flick on. Ours are just too loopy to be dangerous.

Without trying to sound too gloomy there were some positives. I thought Chery looked lively when he came on. If he got hold of one of his shots it could have been a different outcome. It was also great to see Mackie involved. Likewise with Luongo. Also, it was good see Joe Lumley get a warm(ish) welcome.

Pretty much how I saw it. A poor game, but we offered more than Forest and there were definitely a few positives from the performances of some individuals. We just ran out of steam in the final third - stick Charlie (or tbh any reasonably effective striker) in there and we would have had a couple.

Songs-wise...I was sat bang in the middle. The main singing group was on the left, with a smaller group on the right. I didn't hear any Warnock songs. I heard quite a lot of "you're fkin $hit" directed towards Forest (who were)...and a couple of times that very briefly changed to "we" after a prolonged period of poor play - but only very briefly.

Numbers-wise I thought the turn out was superb in the circumstances (and also a demonstration that if you price tickets well, people will buy them). My own view of the support offered was coloured by a couple of idiots behind me who moaned (and were frequently vitriolic) from literally the first minute, refused to be positive for even a second, and were on JFH's case whole game. This, and at the end another bloke nearby who stood up and urged us all "not to fkin clap them" - I thought there were a number of players who deserved a clap, so I gave them one.

I know there have always been a few fans who pretty much go to games solely to let off steam - but we seem to have an awful lot of them at the moment.

On a side note, got chatting to the couple next to me - turned out it was Jamal Campbell-Ryce's mum & dad!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Just Back on 07:52 - Jan 10 with 4409 viewsthemodfather

radio had us much improved in the 2nd half but creating little ,with JET isolated up front.
well done all who went..cmon did any expect a qpr win?
for me the team has to lift the crowd to their side, by playing with a decent tempo, good work rate and showing heart and passion...even if 3-0 down many accept the effort.
with have many issues in the club and i really don't like les in his role...is there interference? will jfh speak out, ever about anything? will he appoint his own men?
Just Back on 09:30 - Jan 10 with 4213 viewsjohncharles

Just Back on 21:44 - Jan 9 by FredManRave

Relax, next game is Blackburn. They're rubbish, everybody beats Blackburn.
What could go wrong ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Just Back on 10:26 - Jan 10 with 4052 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 19:36 - Jan 9 by daveB

Didn;'t hear any Warnock songs, but the usual "we're fcking sht" "sit down if you're a boring cnt" and "we want our Rangers back" rubbish was done fairly well to death.
Just Back on 11:10 - Jan 10 with 3956 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just like when you consider reviews on tripadviser; the reality lays somewhere between the two extremes.

There does at least seem to be some positives out of the second half display, perhaps we should focus on that more than the ability of some to self-flagellate.

We have problems, of that there is no doubt. JFH has been here a month now, so he should have sorted in his own mind the wheat from the crap among the squad. We are of course in January, so there is that to consider but what JFH, the coaches and players must start delivering, are consistent shifts from 'all' those selected to play. Do that, results will come. Do that, supporting should follow.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Just Back on 11:59 - Jan 10 with 3828 viewsdaveB

Just Back on 10:26 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Didn;'t hear any Warnock songs, but the usual "we're fcking sht" "sit down if you're a boring cnt" and "we want our Rangers back" rubbish was done fairly well to death.

I've given up on away games because of stuff like this, going to away and even home games these days is not enjoyable, the atmosphere is toxic even before anything goes wrong on the pitch. So many people just waiting for something to go wrong
Just Back on 12:07 - Jan 10 with 3798 viewsRangersw12

Just Back on 11:59 - Jan 10 by daveB

I've given up on away games because of stuff like this, going to away and even home games these days is not enjoyable, the atmosphere is toxic even before anything goes wrong on the pitch. So many people just waiting for something to go wrong

Bit of luck other fans don't have your attitude as otherwise nobody would bother

People got behind the team yesterday along with some gallows humour
Just Back on 12:09 - Jan 10 with 3785 viewsdaveB

Just Back on 12:07 - Jan 10 by Rangersw12

Bit of luck other fans don't have your attitude as otherwise nobody would bother

People got behind the team yesterday along with some gallows humour

hope they don't but everyone has a cut off point, been a regular at away games for 20 years but the last 3 years have been a dreadful experience so taking a break from it all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024