Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carry on ....why? 10:06 - May 18 with 4828 viewsdanehoop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36316574

Just why would you want to make more Carry On films? A thing of their day and made to work by their cast at the time. Really can't see the reason or the audience for a reimagined version in the 21st Century.

Never knowingly understood

Carry on ....why? on 10:12 - May 18 with 4808 viewspaulparker

from the producers of " two pints of larger and a packet of crisps "
if that doesn't scream a pile of sh1t nothing will
expect to see "comedians" Eddie Izzard , Russell Brand , Alexi sayle , the dopey one & the smart one out of the inbertweeners
just leave be , what next a re make of on the buses

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Carry on ....why? on 10:34 - May 18 with 4762 viewsDiscodroids

Agree.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Carry on ....why? on 12:11 - May 18 with 4707 viewsRangersDave

Like that festering cow turd that was 'dad's army', are soles deciding that trying to re invent the wheel to make a quick buck.

No, the carry on films were of their time....bawdy, Luke, sexist, and laugh out loud funny, with a great, established cast that no longer exists.

We haven't got 1 single decent comedian who could fill Sid James's shoes, let alone be able to polish them.

We won't see the like again, and in this era of 'enlightenment' probably shouldn't, although as a follow up how about 'love thy neighbour' or 'Alf garnet' remade?

How about they think up something completely feckin new rather than the easy rehash.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Carry on ....why? on 13:15 - May 18 with 4646 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I love the carry on films but Noooooooooooooooo.

'Two pints' Is a stinking pile of unfunny low grade utter f'kin bollox.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Carry on ....why? on 13:26 - May 18 with 4616 viewsR_from_afar

"Carry on junior doctors" is sure to divide opinion like no film before or since.

As for "Carry on glamping," I'm not sure Emilia Fox making houmous in an Airstream will be quite as bawdy as Babs Windsor waddling around a field clad only in a towel.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Carry on ....why? on 13:38 - May 18 with 4580 viewsSimonJames

Is it possible to re-jump the shark?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Carry on ....why? on 13:49 - May 18 with 4565 viewsloftboy

The last one or one of the last " Carry on Columbus" only had Jim dale from the originals and included Julian bloody clarey, was a total crappy disaster, what in their right minds makes.them think this is a good idea?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Carry on ....why? on 14:55 - May 18 with 4477 viewsLunarJetman

If they decide to make a "British" comedy, it might work but if they just decide to make another "Carry On" film, it will only crash and burn...

That type of comedy has had its day. I have to admit to enjoying watching the old ones when they turn up on TV but the thought of a new one isn't very appealing.

I think David Baddiel summed it up when he was talking about a similar old fashioned comedy, Are You Being Served?

When Mrs Sloacombe says she's going home to stroke her pussy, audiences at the time would immediately think about her going home to stroke her cat but, tee hee hee, some naughty people use that word for a womans lady garden.

Now, anyone who watches the same sketch would immediately imagine her going home to fiddle with herself and not even think about her cat...

Smut and double entendre that was a cornerstone of the Carry Ons is just not funny today as it was then. At least not 90 minutes of it for a film.... Comedy has moved on and this really got left in the past...
Login to get fewer ads

Carry on ....why? on 14:56 - May 18 with 4470 viewsBoston

Carry on ....why? on 13:26 - May 18 by R_from_afar

"Carry on junior doctors" is sure to divide opinion like no film before or since.

As for "Carry on glamping," I'm not sure Emilia Fox making houmous in an Airstream will be quite as bawdy as Babs Windsor waddling around a field clad only in a towel.

RFA

I say what a wheeze old chap, let's cobble together a few classics. Carry on(junior) Doctor and I'm All Right Jack would surely be a doddle of script and if you don't like the main character we can always tack on the Killing of Sister George!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Carry on ....why? on 15:14 - May 18 with 4433 viewsFredManRave

Apparently the government are in talks to fund a new Carry on in Europe film, due to be released within the next couple of weeks.

The cast is already known...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Carry on ....why? on 15:19 - May 18 with 4420 viewsessextaxiboy

Just about to get my ball point out .......1.09
[Post edited 18 May 2016 15:25]
Carry on ....why? on 15:22 - May 18 with 4404 viewsTacticalR

Never mind matrons, camping, and the British Empire, we need to bring everything up to date with contemporary references. Off the top of my head I suggest:

Carry on ISIS, Carry on Academies, Carry on Quantitative Easing (oo-er!), Carry on Brexiting (in? out? shake it all about).

Air hostess clique

Carry on ....why? on 15:26 - May 18 with 4391 viewsFredManRave

Carry on ....why? on 15:22 - May 18 by TacticalR

Never mind matrons, camping, and the British Empire, we need to bring everything up to date with contemporary references. Off the top of my head I suggest:

Carry on ISIS, Carry on Academies, Carry on Quantitative Easing (oo-er!), Carry on Brexiting (in? out? shake it all about).

Carry on Fracking.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Carry on ....why? on 16:00 - May 18 with 4341 viewsPommyhoop

+
[Post edited 18 May 2016 16:05]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Carry on ....why? on 16:43 - May 18 with 4288 viewsdaveB

It simply won't work, should be left as they are
Carry on ....why? on 18:57 - May 18 with 4182 viewsTacticalR

I'd like to see 'Confessions of a Librarian'.

Air hostess clique

Carry on ....why? on 09:23 - May 19 with 4045 viewsTheBlob

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Carry on ....why? on 09:56 - May 19 with 4018 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Carry On Calais (and then some more)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024