Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats up with our defence.... 09:23 - Sep 18 with 1345 viewsChopper_R

JFH talks alot about confidence being low but does that really excuse the two goals we conceded yesterday, or how we defended against Newcastle,2 out of the 3 at Barnsley,plus the three we conceded at home against PNE and Blackburn.

The Majority of goals we have concded have been down to basic errors and the defence not working as a unit or communicating.

For all the talk about High Tempo Football has any one got insight into which one of the Coaching Team is actually respnsible for the Defence
Whats up with our defence.... on 09:45 - Sep 18 with 1301 viewsessextaxiboy

Heres my conspiracy theory ,

Caulker wanted a Prem move , played out of his skin while the window was open , we hardly conceded a shot in the first couple of games .

Window slams shut , no move Caulker becomes a disruptive influence , defence wobbly .

Coupled with some very ordinary performances from the holding midfielders again from the start of Sept.

Something happened in that break IMO
Whats up with our defence.... on 11:00 - Sep 18 with 1209 viewsGloucs_R

Playing a centre back at right back doesn't help. We should have sorted this out in the summer. I think we need a shake up all over. Even Ingram should come in, something to play for. If you get spanked 6-0 you shouldn't be sticking with them same team

Poll: Are we staying up?

Whats up with our defence.... on 11:07 - Sep 18 with 1191 viewsstevec

When defence is under siege they are bound to make mistakes.

Washington so infective oppos defences push up piling more pressure on a poor midfield.

He has to go 2 up, no ifs or buts. Unless, of course, he's actively looking for a paid way out.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:35 - Sep 18 with 1125 viewsDannytheR

Whats up with our defence.... on 09:45 - Sep 18 by essextaxiboy

Heres my conspiracy theory ,

Caulker wanted a Prem move , played out of his skin while the window was open , we hardly conceded a shot in the first couple of games .

Window slams shut , no move Caulker becomes a disruptive influence , defence wobbly .

Coupled with some very ordinary performances from the holding midfielders again from the start of Sept.

Something happened in that break IMO

Not sure about the conspiracy theory, but I agree Caulker looks to have been part of the problem. Funny to think there was panic about him leaving a few weeks ago after he managed to put two decent games together for the first time in his career here. Now, after a lot of stuff about him turning over a new leaf and being focused on the job at hand, it's back to the same lumbering, daydreaming w*nker as before.

Again, just like last season, we're still paying the price for five years of terrible financial decisions, getting stuck with him and Sandro and their wages because even now there's no other club desperate enough to take them. Again, we might have had more money to spend this summer if either of those two had been removed from the wage bill. But they weren't. So we didn't.

Lynch and Borysiuk looked like two of the key buys this summer - one to come in and give the defence the same kind of aggression it had with Hill, the other to be a quicker, sharper upgrade on Henry. They've both been injured, which doesn't help, but I also think Caulker will have been kept in the side to encourage someone else to take him off our hands and save us the 40k a week. (That was supposed to be the logic behind keeping Fer playing last year, and to be fair it paid off, eventually).

Again, as we've always had under Fernandes, we've got decent, hard working players getting paid a fraction of some idling liability like Caulker, and we all know what does to team spirit. And again, his idiotic approach to football has come back and bitten us on the arse.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 11:44]
Whats up with our defence.... on 12:37 - Sep 18 with 1027 viewsbosh67

Difficult to call and it has appeared that Caulker had got himself sorted out. I am not sure it is fair to pin much of the decline in form on Caulker, or, as so many tend to do, blame it, Donald Trump, terrorism, the war in Syria and global famine on Karl Henry.

For me the problem is with JFH and possibly with a lack of real know how with David Oldfield, his assistant, who seems to escaped mine and everyone else's wrath. After 9 months the defence is wonky, the midfield has no width, no bite and no dominance, and then we maroon a striker 30 yards away.

The high tempo football has never materialised and there has been a decline into setting new back passing records and the old lump it up front, especially to a player like Washington, who has great pace to get in behind defenders but has been asked to jump up and shield the ball, all 5 foot 8 of him.

We have been one paced, lack lustre and lacking in width for weeks and of course the confidence is draining by the moment.

The biggest problem is not the players though, even Caulker. The main issue is we have a gaffer who is learning his trade at the sharp end and the jump from league one to the championship is starting to be bigger than he thought, and his assistant thought. The philosophy is fine to have younger, hungrier and more realistically paid players, that they are doing right. The problem is can a manager with not huge experience really make that into a team? So far so bad.

It is also where we are seeing what players like, bless him, Joey, Ale and Clint did on that pitch, and Derry before that. They shouted, ordered, talks, pushed players into the right positions if they weren't and we don't have a single player on the park at the moment who does that. Or seems likely to do that.

The only one, I am told, who has the potential to do that is Chery. So, put him central midfield, give him the arm band, tell him to shout, scream and sort people out and perhaps see what happens. We are lacking leaders on the pitch and certainly an experienced leader off it.

In retrospect we would have done far better insisting that Clint stayed on as the main player/coach because he would have been a lot more vocal from the sidelines than David Oldfield is.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 12:39]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Whats up with our defence.... on 13:54 - Sep 18 with 915 viewsTacticalR

So has 'the young, hungry and on the way up' theory now run its course?

On JFH's assistant, I am sorry he has been overlooked, but we are very generous with our wrath and have plenty for everybody.

Air hostess clique

Whats up with our defence.... on 15:59 - Sep 18 with 814 viewsAntti_Heinola

Whats up with our defence.... on 12:37 - Sep 18 by bosh67

Difficult to call and it has appeared that Caulker had got himself sorted out. I am not sure it is fair to pin much of the decline in form on Caulker, or, as so many tend to do, blame it, Donald Trump, terrorism, the war in Syria and global famine on Karl Henry.

For me the problem is with JFH and possibly with a lack of real know how with David Oldfield, his assistant, who seems to escaped mine and everyone else's wrath. After 9 months the defence is wonky, the midfield has no width, no bite and no dominance, and then we maroon a striker 30 yards away.

The high tempo football has never materialised and there has been a decline into setting new back passing records and the old lump it up front, especially to a player like Washington, who has great pace to get in behind defenders but has been asked to jump up and shield the ball, all 5 foot 8 of him.

We have been one paced, lack lustre and lacking in width for weeks and of course the confidence is draining by the moment.

The biggest problem is not the players though, even Caulker. The main issue is we have a gaffer who is learning his trade at the sharp end and the jump from league one to the championship is starting to be bigger than he thought, and his assistant thought. The philosophy is fine to have younger, hungrier and more realistically paid players, that they are doing right. The problem is can a manager with not huge experience really make that into a team? So far so bad.

It is also where we are seeing what players like, bless him, Joey, Ale and Clint did on that pitch, and Derry before that. They shouted, ordered, talks, pushed players into the right positions if they weren't and we don't have a single player on the park at the moment who does that. Or seems likely to do that.

The only one, I am told, who has the potential to do that is Chery. So, put him central midfield, give him the arm band, tell him to shout, scream and sort people out and perhaps see what happens. We are lacking leaders on the pitch and certainly an experienced leader off it.

In retrospect we would have done far better insisting that Clint stayed on as the main player/coach because he would have been a lot more vocal from the sidelines than David Oldfield is.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 12:39]

These incredible leaders. At least one, usually more, played in all these memorable QPR performances in the last 5 or 6 years.

Fulham 6 QPR 0
Chelsea 6 QPR 1
QPR 0 Bolton 4
QPR 0 Swansea 5
Scunthorpe 4 QPR 1
Everton 4 QPR 0
Spurs 4 QPR 0
Man C 6 QPR 0
Leicester 5 QPR 1

I loved Hill abd Derry, but lets not pretend they and Barton and any other 'leader' we've had in the last half decade didnt play in performances every bit as diabolical as the Newcastle game - and under experienced managers too.

Teams do need leaders but i often think that criticism about a lack of leaders is just too vague and essentially a bit meaningless. Gregory bought 'leaders' in Cullip and Bolder and it did help us scrap out of it - but we still got embarrassed 5-1 by Southend in the process.

The team all need to be leaders now - to pick themselves up and force a good performance and a few wins.

Bare bones.

Whats up with our defence.... on 16:02 - Sep 18 with 805 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Whats up with our defence.... on 15:59 - Sep 18 by Antti_Heinola

These incredible leaders. At least one, usually more, played in all these memorable QPR performances in the last 5 or 6 years.

Fulham 6 QPR 0
Chelsea 6 QPR 1
QPR 0 Bolton 4
QPR 0 Swansea 5
Scunthorpe 4 QPR 1
Everton 4 QPR 0
Spurs 4 QPR 0
Man C 6 QPR 0
Leicester 5 QPR 1

I loved Hill abd Derry, but lets not pretend they and Barton and any other 'leader' we've had in the last half decade didnt play in performances every bit as diabolical as the Newcastle game - and under experienced managers too.

Teams do need leaders but i often think that criticism about a lack of leaders is just too vague and essentially a bit meaningless. Gregory bought 'leaders' in Cullip and Bolder and it did help us scrap out of it - but we still got embarrassed 5-1 by Southend in the process.

The team all need to be leaders now - to pick themselves up and force a good performance and a few wins.

Gary Glitter was a self proclaimed leader and look what he got up to.
Login to get fewer ads

Whats up with our defence.... on 16:13 - Sep 18 with 787 viewsbosh67

Whats up with our defence.... on 16:02 - Sep 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Gary Glitter was a self proclaimed leader and look what he got up to.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024