Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning 22:09 - Nov 12 with 7624 viewsthame_hoops

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 22:14 - Nov 12 with 5082 viewsPunteR

" He will take QPR to the EPL" ...
Are you trying those Jedi mind tricks again thame?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 22:17 - Nov 12 with 5076 viewsthame_hoops

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 22:14 - Nov 12 by PunteR

" He will take QPR to the EPL" ...
Are you trying those Jedi mind tricks again thame?

Hahah
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 22:50 - Nov 12 with 5021 viewsthame_hoops

Don't be scared to vote... northern_r will still be your mate even if you disagree with him and he's assured me he'll buy you all a beer and a cheeky Nando's... may even give you a mench in the programme
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 23:17 - Nov 12 with 4981 viewsthame_hoops

Keep voting, very interesting this..
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 23:23 - Nov 12 with 4970 viewsQPR_Jim

I went with "would have preferred someone else" as I think Dougie Freedman or Paul Clement would have been an interesting appointments who could have been very successful however I'd just like to point out that it doesn't mean I'm not happy with Holloway.
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 23:37 - Nov 12 with 4943 viewsthame_hoops

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 23:23 - Nov 12 by QPR_Jim

I went with "would have preferred someone else" as I think Dougie Freedman or Paul Clement would have been an interesting appointments who could have been very successful however I'd just like to point out that it doesn't mean I'm not happy with Holloway.

You don't have to justify your vote Jim, northern_r won't Send the boys round to your house.
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 00:17 - Nov 13 with 4881 viewsPunteR

I've gone for " he will take QPR to the EPL". He has to otherwise he's sacked.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 00:34 - Nov 13 with 4863 viewsTW_R

".....the EPL" - FFS!
Login to get fewer ads

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 00:58 - Nov 13 with 4838 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mine is the "Meh" vote: not because no-one else was available (that's an idiotic proposition), but because the reasons for our mutual affections have long faded in the past.

If he works out, fantastic. If he galvanises the club, even better. But if he turns out to be ordinary or worse, I won't be weeping at the betrayal of our happy memories by a 'club legend'.

We're all different to what we were ten years ago. We've had eleven more managers, not counting caretakers, plus two visits to the Premier. He's managed another five clubs with a further three years between jobs.

Go for it, Olly! It's all yours in front of you. Everything else is long in the past.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 09:08 - Nov 13 with 4699 viewsrbsranger

Feels like Rowett or Clement were probably the choices that the Board wanted and so if they were going for less than "dream manager" giving it to Ollie at least gets the fans excited.
Not tremendously hopeful but if he can galvanise the support a little and make the football a little less boring then I think people will be happy
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 10:25 - Nov 13 with 4616 viewsBlue_Castello

Interesting that This poll was created after Thame stated on the Holloway confirmed thread that " its a ridiculous decision, I have unfollowed on social media and won't watch until Tony leaves. "

Totally disagree with those sentiments, for the reasons I posted on the other thread, I'm in the camp that thinks since Fernandes appointed Hoos and Ferdinand the club has been run professionally, the only crime Tony is guilty of since then in my book is staying on Twitter.

So far 11 people have said they want somebody else, would they be managers who were actually available, most of the best candidates were either employed or didn't want to come.

Anyway I hope you change your mind Thame because whatever happens it's going to be more enjoyable than the crap we watched at every home game, apart from the first game of the season v Leeds what a false dawn that was.

Genuinely hoping that Ollie gives us his Blackpool style team, they were really entertaining to watch, fingers crossed good luck Ollie.
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 11:25 - Nov 13 with 4554 viewsthame_hoops

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 10:25 - Nov 13 by Blue_Castello

Interesting that This poll was created after Thame stated on the Holloway confirmed thread that " its a ridiculous decision, I have unfollowed on social media and won't watch until Tony leaves. "

Totally disagree with those sentiments, for the reasons I posted on the other thread, I'm in the camp that thinks since Fernandes appointed Hoos and Ferdinand the club has been run professionally, the only crime Tony is guilty of since then in my book is staying on Twitter.

So far 11 people have said they want somebody else, would they be managers who were actually available, most of the best candidates were either employed or didn't want to come.

Anyway I hope you change your mind Thame because whatever happens it's going to be more enjoyable than the crap we watched at every home game, apart from the first game of the season v Leeds what a false dawn that was.

Genuinely hoping that Ollie gives us his Blackpool style team, they were really entertaining to watch, fingers crossed good luck Ollie.

I'm interested in other fans opinions in a 'anonymous' poll, it seems that whenever someone says anything against the grain they get vitriol from other r's fans on here which is a real shame...
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 11:48 - Nov 13 with 4524 viewsQPR_Jim

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 11:25 - Nov 13 by thame_hoops

I'm interested in other fans opinions in a 'anonymous' poll, it seems that whenever someone says anything against the grain they get vitriol from other r's fans on here which is a real shame...

I think it depends on how you frame your post, you seemed to suggest that hiring Holloway made us a laughing stock which I disagree with despite agreeing that I have my concerns about his appointment. Reading again you might have meant that TF has made us a laughing stock generally, I'm not entirely sure but given it's on the Holloway thread I'll assume you're focusing on Holloways appointment.

I think there's a lot of stuff that has happened under TF's stewardship that could be considered to make us a laughing stock but I don't think this is one of them. When I think of TF in comparison to what happened under FB & BE or even GP, he still seems like a much better owner if only because his mistakes have been made out of misguided attempts at success. My major issue with TF, as is everyone elses I think, is the cringe-worthy BS he pushes out over twitter which he should cut out.
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 11:52 - Nov 13 with 4521 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 11:25 - Nov 13 by thame_hoops

Got to say I kind of agree which is a real shame and maybe why some of the old posters have long since gone. The attitude at the games and online has changed, or Im just an old barstard (or both!). But don't let that put you off, you've been here long enough not to be put off by cliques and other such crap.

Anyway, I voted for legend etc...to be honest, and the above is partly a factor in it, I don't really care how we do in the league just as long as we don't go down. I didn't think we would with JFH and thought it was a good idea to just stick with him come what may and see what we can do with a bit of stability. He was learning and clearly has much to learn, he could have learned that this season with us and we could have seen the benefits next season, but now we wont and neither will he. A waste, in my opinion.

So now we are where we are, I don't think another "up and coming" would get the time to do what is required - the board say they want a young keen and eager person to do things the QPR way, but really the QPR way is win at all costs and must be in the premiere league (now). So unless someone could come in and hit the ground running or be a big name then I don't think theyd have got the chance/time required and it would have been another waste of time.

Olly/Ollie/Holloway is a different kettle of fish - he is QPR through and through (don't care about any interview at Wolves) and very passionate. He is relatively high profile and in my time at least gave us the best time supporting Rangers. That's a bit of a cross to bear/bare (for the spelling police) but for me I can separate the Ollie/Rangers of then and now and failure wont tarnish that for me.

Its a long term deal for us, surely LF and LH will have gone into this eyes wide open - if this becomes another short term fix its going to cost them in terms of contract cancellation (presumably), plus he is a fans favourite so it could look bad firing a hero. Maybe he is the gel the club and fans and football have all been missing, maybe he will be an expensive mistake, I don't know and as long as we don't go don't frankly I don't really care, it should be a lot more fun then it has been in years and years.

Im actually looking forward to going next weekend, haven't said that in ages!
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 12:02 - Nov 13 with 4500 viewsisawqpratwcity

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 11:52 - Nov 13 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Got to say I kind of agree which is a real shame and maybe why some of the old posters have long since gone. The attitude at the games and online has changed, or Im just an old barstard (or both!). But don't let that put you off, you've been here long enough not to be put off by cliques and other such crap.

Anyway, I voted for legend etc...to be honest, and the above is partly a factor in it, I don't really care how we do in the league just as long as we don't go down. I didn't think we would with JFH and thought it was a good idea to just stick with him come what may and see what we can do with a bit of stability. He was learning and clearly has much to learn, he could have learned that this season with us and we could have seen the benefits next season, but now we wont and neither will he. A waste, in my opinion.

So now we are where we are, I don't think another "up and coming" would get the time to do what is required - the board say they want a young keen and eager person to do things the QPR way, but really the QPR way is win at all costs and must be in the premiere league (now). So unless someone could come in and hit the ground running or be a big name then I don't think theyd have got the chance/time required and it would have been another waste of time.

Olly/Ollie/Holloway is a different kettle of fish - he is QPR through and through (don't care about any interview at Wolves) and very passionate. He is relatively high profile and in my time at least gave us the best time supporting Rangers. That's a bit of a cross to bear/bare (for the spelling police) but for me I can separate the Ollie/Rangers of then and now and failure wont tarnish that for me.

Its a long term deal for us, surely LF and LH will have gone into this eyes wide open - if this becomes another short term fix its going to cost them in terms of contract cancellation (presumably), plus he is a fans favourite so it could look bad firing a hero. Maybe he is the gel the club and fans and football have all been missing, maybe he will be an expensive mistake, I don't know and as long as we don't go don't frankly I don't really care, it should be a lot more fun then it has been in years and years.

Seriously, how do we know he is 'QPR through and through'?

I mean, there was a similar idea about Warnock when he returned, and I never believed that.

You wouldn't start your new job saying how somewhere else was great compared to here.

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 12:13 - Nov 13 with 4476 viewsQPR_Jim

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 12:02 - Nov 13 by isawqpratwcity

I mean, there was a similar idea about Warnock when he returned, and I never believed that.

You wouldn't start your new job saying how somewhere else was great compared to here.

How do you think that he see's the club then?

I think it's fair to say he's QPR through and through and that he's as much a supporter of the club as he is an employee. I don't think it's an huge leap given his history and how he spoke about us since he last left. But I'd be interested to know what you see the relationship to be if he's not a QPR man.
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 12:13 - Nov 13 with 4470 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 12:02 - Nov 13 by isawqpratwcity

If you have to ask how do we know, then I have to ask, while you saw us at White City where were you when he was playing for and managing us? Ok, its all an opinion and if you were to slice and dice him no, I doubt his blood would be blue and white but there may be some blue veins and stuff and the bones would be white...by I digress :P

I just think he loves the club, he is passionate and seems genuine in his assertions - doesnt mean he doesnt love other clubs and wouldnt try hard for them too, I just think there is that little bit extra in him for QPR.

Doesnt mean he'll be a success, mind!

I never thought Warnock was QPR through and through. He was a marmite manager - hate him when he isnt your manager, tolerate or even like him when he is.
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 13:55 - Nov 13 with 4343 viewsloftboy

No such thing as the EPL

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 15:15 - Nov 13 with 4275 viewsNov77

He says things that fans would say. Fans like that.
Will he be any good as a manager? Depends if this lot of players buy into his enthusiasm or not.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 16:04 - Nov 13 with 4240 viewsthame_hoops

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 11:52 - Nov 13 by Pablo_Hoopsta

How you doing pablo?

Yeah it's a shame old posters from the rivals days don't post, for various reasons, herts_ranger, huntingdon_r don't post anymore but still go to games, good lads
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 16:38 - Nov 13 with 4219 viewsShotKneesHoop

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 16:04 - Nov 13 by thame_hoops

How you doing pablo?

Yeah it's a shame old posters from the rivals days don't post, for various reasons, herts_ranger, huntingdon_r don't post anymore but still go to games, good lads

Ollie is QPR. That's a DNA connection.

Ocean Billy (or whatever the name is now) is QPR. It's connections. The White Horse is QPR. It's connections. The 105 bus is QPR. It's connections. The Central line, Hammersmith and City Line is QPR. It's connections.

It will be electric when he walks out next week. It's connections. (with old gits)

And I will be there.

And Naaaarch will pay for 1976 and Phil Boyer's offside goal.

It's connections.

I haven't felt so positive about football since SWP emigrated to the States and disappeared up his own very small connection.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2016 16:41]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 16:41 - Nov 13 with 4215 viewsterryb

I can't vote on this poll as I was past caring who we appointed as manager (Redknapp etc. excluded)!

Gary Waddock also loved Queens Park Rangers when he was appointed as manager. That didn't matter to fans when we were losing though!

It will be same for Ollie if we're not winning or the performances are no better than when he was placed on "gardening leave".

Hopefully that won't be the case!

This could be a stroke of genius. Or it could leave us needing a new manager before the season has ended!
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 16:44 - Nov 13 with 4213 viewsNorthernr

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 23:37 - Nov 12 by thame_hoops

You don't have to justify your vote Jim, northern_r won't Send the boys round to your house.

Why do you keep bringing me up on this? :-/

This post has been edited by an administrator
What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 06:45 - Nov 14 with 3981 viewsisawqpratwcity

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 12:13 - Nov 13 by QPR_Jim

How do you think that he see's the club then?

I think it's fair to say he's QPR through and through and that he's as much a supporter of the club as he is an employee. I don't think it's an huge leap given his history and how he spoke about us since he last left. But I'd be interested to know what you see the relationship to be if he's not a QPR man.

I don't know why people keep throwing irrelevant questions back at me. I don't know how Ollie sees the club now: what has he said recently and how does it tally with other things he may have said?

He may look back with great affection for the fairly successful times he had here, both as a player and a manager, but we are talking 10+ years ago and he has been plying his trade at a few other places since, not without some success. Even if it is not a 'huge leap', what reason do you have for his partisanship?

Don't get me wrong, I am not criticising the bloke, but I struggle to believe that whatever commitment he had to QPR above others has still burned bright as he has moved from club to club.

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 08:26 - Nov 14 with 3898 viewsisawqpratwcity

What do you think about Ian 'olly' Holloway returning on 12:13 - Nov 13 by Pablo_Hoopsta

If you have to ask how do we know, then I have to ask, while you saw us at White City where were you when he was playing for and managing us? Ok, its all an opinion and if you were to slice and dice him no, I doubt his blood would be blue and white but there may be some blue veins and stuff and the bones would be white...by I digress :P

I just think he loves the club, he is passionate and seems genuine in his assertions - doesnt mean he doesnt love other clubs and wouldnt try hard for them too, I just think there is that little bit extra in him for QPR.

Doesnt mean he'll be a success, mind!

I never thought Warnock was QPR through and through. He was a marmite manager - hate him when he isnt your manager, tolerate or even like him when he is.

How does where I was have anything to do with how he feels about the club ten years after he was given the heave-ho?

What has he said recently (and I mean before he was being considered for the job) to give you the impression we're still No. 1 in his heart?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024