Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zlatan's Elbow 11:16 - Mar 7 with 2145 viewsToast_R

Just caught up with MOTD - Nasty bastard, surely has got to be more then a 3 match ban for that?

Tyrone Mings was also reckless but there is a question of uncertainty over if he meant to tread on Ibrahimovic's head in passing, my guess is yes he did on the back of Ibrahimovic's sly heel stamp seconds before.

The elbow on Mings though is unforgivable, right on the eye socket with 100% intent. The test - I think North mentioned once in a similar debate over a Helguson elbow, is the hand clenched in a fist? Ibrahimovic's hands is for sure as he swings the arm back.

I'd give Mings a 3 game ban and Ibrahimovic a 6 gamer for his retribution. I can't stand Man United though so probably bias and I think that will completely de-rail their top 4 ambitions.
Zlatan's Elbow on 12:10 - Mar 7 with 2098 viewsbob566

three game ban each is sufficient. Mings was premeditated. Every pundit I've heard has said this apart from danny murphy for some reason.

If you got your head stamped on you'd be a little miffed off yourself. I thought at the time that zlatan was dead right to take him out. Least he deserves for GBH. If that was on the street mings would be serving time. Because its on a pitch its ok.
Zlatan's Elbow on 12:55 - Mar 7 with 2020 viewshoof_hearted

Zlatan's Elbow on 12:10 - Mar 7 by bob566

three game ban each is sufficient. Mings was premeditated. Every pundit I've heard has said this apart from danny murphy for some reason.

If you got your head stamped on you'd be a little miffed off yourself. I thought at the time that zlatan was dead right to take him out. Least he deserves for GBH. If that was on the street mings would be serving time. Because its on a pitch its ok.

If that was on the street Zlatan would've knocked him into 2018 via A & E.
Zlatan's Elbow on 13:18 - Mar 7 with 1980 viewsTacticalR

Man Utd - Bournemouth is turning into one of the biggest rivalries in the game.

Air hostess clique

Zlatan's Elbow on 13:55 - Mar 7 with 1922 viewspaulparker

I dunno about anyone else but football used to be a mans game
if you got caught with an elbow you would give it back in the tackle
macca and that snidey Hughes would be at it all afternoon and that would add to the game , I would look forward to one of ours giving it to the likes of Hartford, Whitehurst & fashanu I know we are supposed to be living through an age of golden football
but the game is becoming sanitised and boring its like basketball with no contact
let the men be men I say

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Zlatan's Elbow on 14:00 - Mar 7 with 1892 viewsbob566

Zlatan's Elbow on 13:55 - Mar 7 by paulparker

macca and that snidey Hughes would be at it all afternoon and that would add to the game , I would look forward to one of ours giving it to the likes of Hartford, Whitehurst & fashanu I know we are supposed to be living through an age of golden football
but the game is becoming sanitised and boring its like basketball with no contact
let the men be men I say

agree 100% PP but I don't remember ever seeing the old guys stamping on somebody's head. They were hard as nails but there were boundaries. That mings tackle is up there with hunts on cech and I can see why he elbowed him. Not saying that is the right there to do but I totally understand it.

Kevin Muscat. Now there was a dirty c*** if ever I saw one.
Zlatan's Elbow on 14:26 - Mar 7 with 1843 viewspaulparker

Zlatan's Elbow on 14:00 - Mar 7 by bob566

agree 100% PP but I don't remember ever seeing the old guys stamping on somebody's head. They were hard as nails but there were boundaries. That mings tackle is up there with hunts on cech and I can see why he elbowed him. Not saying that is the right there to do but I totally understand it.

Kevin Muscat. Now there was a dirty c*** if ever I saw one.

Your right Bob about Muscat but Macca, Mark Dennis and Gavin Maguire would have had him for breakfast

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Zlatan's Elbow on 14:38 - Mar 7 with 1814 viewsMedwayR

The elbow was intentional, no doubt about that and deserves an extended ban.

However I don't feel that the 'stamp' was intentional, he's focused on the play and is trying to hurdle 2 players which wasn't helped by Rooney getting up, it was certainly reckless and deserves a ban on that basis but I don't think it was anything more than that.

Poll: Who’s better?

Zlatan's Elbow on 15:13 - Mar 7 with 1766 viewsSimonJames

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Man Utd striker banned for three games for violent conduct

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39182905

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Zlatan's Elbow on 15:16 - Mar 7 with 1754 viewskensalriser

Excuse me for not giving a flying monkey's fck.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 18:51]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Zlatan's Elbow on 15:33 - Mar 7 with 1710 viewsToast_R

let the men be men I say

Up to a point but Fashanu gave Mabbutt a bit of his elbow and nearly blinded the poor bloke. I think going up for header has an element of risk it in itself in a lot of scenarios without having to worry about some dirty bastard trying to smash you in the face with his poxy elbow. It's a low act.
Zlatan's Elbow on 15:56 - Mar 7 with 1670 viewsactonman

If mings was unintentional then I will start believing hazzard doesn't dive either
Zlatan's Elbow on 16:35 - Mar 7 with 1611 viewsFredManRave

Kensal, look away now;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Zlatan's Elbow on 18:11 - Mar 7 with 1513 viewsTacticalR

Zlatan: 'He jumped into my elbow'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39168130

Air hostess clique

Zlatan's Elbow on 18:38 - Mar 7 with 1472 viewsingeminate

let the men be men I say

Agree, though I sort of know I shouldn't. I've only ever elbowed someone on purpose once and that was after he went over the ball, there's a rough justice to it that makes people think twice in future.

Despite that I'm not 100% he meant the stamp, as he starts running Rooney throws him off balance, he prob did but don't see how you can say for sure.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024