Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play your best team 22:07 - Apr 7 with 4044 viewsOxheyR

Freeman on bench. Nominated for championship player of month. 2 nil down. Never looking like scoring. Freeman comes on. Different team. Just play your best players. If they're tired sub them. But play your best 11 every game please. So frustrating. We killed them last 25 minutes. Why wait til were 2 down? We have a decent team. Let's end on a positive. Promotion team struggled to beat us so signs are good! Still love you R's!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2017 23:53]
Play your best team on 22:24 - Apr 7 with 3426 viewssmegma

Robinson hasn't played a game in months. I've got an idea, start him. Ditto Ravel. I couldn't believe people clapped Ravel when he went off. Cousins would've been a better option even with his injury. No width, like at Derby. Bit hoof upfront to Smith most of the game . Freeman voted player of the month, given his award before kick off on the pitch. Sits on bench. When he comes on, our best player.
Play your best team on 22:31 - Apr 7 with 3402 viewsStanisgod

How the hell are you going to gel a team for next season with all this changing every game ? I get 1 or 2 but really ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Play your best team on 22:41 - Apr 7 with 3355 viewsdistortR

I don't know, if you are going to experiment, now is the time.
Play your best team on 22:44 - Apr 7 with 3338 viewsRangers67

Agree, Ollie got it very wrong tonight. Brighton only an average team really but we invited them on to us . Ravel is the epitome of a luxury player and then some, first instinct is to pass backwards and allow the oppo to get organised Manning ditto. And if Onuoha is a footballer so is my mum. I can understand the selection a bit if he is trying players out for next season but not so many in one game. Lastly the ref had a stinker.
Play your best team on 22:50 - Apr 7 with 3309 viewsingeminate

Play your best team on 22:41 - Apr 7 by distortR

I don't know, if you are going to experiment, now is the time.

Exactly. Pretty much safe, nothing to play for. Perfect time to plan for next season and give everyone a run out. He needs to know who he wants in for next year.
Win lose or draw and wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to our season.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Play your best team on 23:14 - Apr 7 with 3208 viewsBostonR

Play your best team on 22:44 - Apr 7 by Rangers67

Agree, Ollie got it very wrong tonight. Brighton only an average team really but we invited them on to us . Ravel is the epitome of a luxury player and then some, first instinct is to pass backwards and allow the oppo to get organised Manning ditto. And if Onuoha is a footballer so is my mum. I can understand the selection a bit if he is trying players out for next season but not so many in one game. Lastly the ref had a stinker.

Onuaha is never a footballer- an athlete yes. I knew he would eventually give away possession and that is exactly what happened. No surprise as he has been doing that all season. Rarely passes the ball forward and is woeful with the ball at his feet. Luongo is in the same club and I cannot see why he always starts. He is League 1 at best.
Shame on Holloway for not putting out his strongest side as we would have run them close. We are too one dimensional with Matt Smith up front but Holloway rarely has a plan B .
Play your best team on 23:28 - Apr 7 with 3148 viewsdavman

Play your best team on 23:14 - Apr 7 by BostonR

Onuaha is never a footballer- an athlete yes. I knew he would eventually give away possession and that is exactly what happened. No surprise as he has been doing that all season. Rarely passes the ball forward and is woeful with the ball at his feet. Luongo is in the same club and I cannot see why he always starts. He is League 1 at best.
Shame on Holloway for not putting out his strongest side as we would have run them close. We are too one dimensional with Matt Smith up front but Holloway rarely has a plan B .

I'd guess that he is giving Ravel a chance to earn a contract, but judging by his post match comments, Ollie was far from impressed saying that he was too deep and needed to be further up the pitch.

I think (quite rightly) Robinson will be Ollie's first choice when fit,so he needs game time to see if he can put together a run of games.

Face it boys, the season is dead, so use it to decide who is worth keeping for next season. Expect to see loads more changes over these last five games. Stability in the starting eleven can wait until pre-season as far as I am concerned...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Play your best team on 23:41 - Apr 7 with 3103 viewstraininvain

Ravel was clearly under instructions to keep it simple tonight.

I thought he looked a class act against a very good Brighton midfield.

If we get the Ravel from tonight then I'd say sign him up every day of the week.
Login to get fewer ads

Play your best team on 23:41 - Apr 7 with 3103 viewsFDC

What were people's thoughts on Robinson? Looked predictably rusty, but enough promise to warrant remaining in IH's plans I thought. I liked seeing him giving it absolute beans to join the attack and run up the outside of Wash in the first half.
Play your best team on 23:44 - Apr 7 with 3086 viewsDeepcutHoop

Play your best team on 23:41 - Apr 7 by traininvain

Ravel was clearly under instructions to keep it simple tonight.

I thought he looked a class act against a very good Brighton midfield.

If we get the Ravel from tonight then I'd say sign him up every day of the week.

This.

Get the feeling Ian is trying out as many combinations and players as he can in these last few games.

Hopefully he'll see enough seeds to work on over the summer, and properly get ourselves prepared for next year.

We'll have plenty of time to hound him out once autumn rolls around, fear not everyone.
Play your best team on 00:03 - Apr 8 with 3009 viewsOxheyR

I accept that we have nothing to play for. I don't accept us playing for 60 minutes as if we paying homage to a bang average Brighton team. Gifted them the first goal.
I watch my team in the hope they will win. We could've won this game if we played our best team. I just feel so frustrated to go away afterwards thinking we would of beaten one of the top teams if we played a more attacking team from the start.
Experimental team selection unacceptable to me. But I am so desperate for a win. Losing streaks are unwelcome and affect confidence. Needed to come out all guns blazing tonight and felt we gave them the initiative
Play your best team on 00:10 - Apr 8 with 2981 viewstraininvain

Play your best team on 22:24 - Apr 7 by smegma

Robinson hasn't played a game in months. I've got an idea, start him. Ditto Ravel. I couldn't believe people clapped Ravel when he went off. Cousins would've been a better option even with his injury. No width, like at Derby. Bit hoof upfront to Smith most of the game . Freeman voted player of the month, given his award before kick off on the pitch. Sits on bench. When he comes on, our best player.

It's called encouragement. I thought Ravel did what he was asked to do- sit deep and tried to run the game.
Play your best team on 00:21 - Apr 8 with 2923 viewsFDC

Play your best team on 00:03 - Apr 8 by OxheyR

I accept that we have nothing to play for. I don't accept us playing for 60 minutes as if we paying homage to a bang average Brighton team. Gifted them the first goal.
I watch my team in the hope they will win. We could've won this game if we played our best team. I just feel so frustrated to go away afterwards thinking we would of beaten one of the top teams if we played a more attacking team from the start.
Experimental team selection unacceptable to me. But I am so desperate for a win. Losing streaks are unwelcome and affect confidence. Needed to come out all guns blazing tonight and felt we gave them the initiative

To be fair we were in the game against one of the two run-away teams in the league for 60 minutes, so the set-up wasn't that bad. And the first goal was a random defensive disaster, not anything to do with the team-selection or formation. And to be fair, you can't play the way we did after 60 mins (8 players pretty much up-front, with the team you're playing a goal up and defending deep) for a whole game.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2017 0:22]
Play your best team on 00:31 - Apr 8 with 2887 viewsBakes

I get the whole thing about it being a pre season etc, seeing what players can do etc but tonight wasn't the night. I go to watch us win, I don't go to QPR because we might lose or draw. If you want to experiment do it in pre season, do it when there aren't points at stake, we've just lost two on the bounce and it would have been a idea to get 3 points on the board, don't do it when we're on sky with the world watching and defiantly don't do it on a Friday night when I've had to leave work early and rush across the country like a mad man to watch an experimental side dick about for 75 mins.

Bloody good game in the end mind and worth it just to see the legend on the pitch at HT, I had a lump in my throat.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Play your best team on 00:39 - Apr 8 with 2864 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Play your best team on 22:44 - Apr 7 by Rangers67

I thought the ref was ok. I didn't notice him at all until the second half with a couple of iffy decisions. Thought he managed their time wasting as best he could.

It was a good open game and could have gone either way really. Good luck to Brighton in the prem next year!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Play your best team on 00:56 - Apr 8 with 2808 viewsozexile

We're in the strangest position where we sacrifice both cups every year to be competitive in the league. Yet we give up the last 10 games of the league to see what's the best way to do it all over again next season?
Play your best team on 06:26 - Apr 8 with 2656 viewsNW5Hoop

I thought the selection of Morrison is what cost us the game. Not that he was to blame for the goals, but his slowness and sluggishness — he looked like he was trapped in the gravitational field of his own enormous arse - meant we were unable to get a hold on midfield and, more important, could never get enough midfielders forward to look dangerous. Until he came off we were only ever getting men forward at set pieces.
Play your best team on 06:43 - Apr 8 with 2626 viewsparker64

What's the point in playing Morrison when he's clearly unfit. Another player like Sandro who can barely play 60 minutes. Look up his stats on soccerbase. He hasn't played any football.
Play your best team on 07:40 - Apr 8 with 2556 viewstraininvain

Holloway's looking at options for next season. Warnock did the same when we were safe and we won the league the following season. It's not rocket science.
Play your best team on 08:04 - Apr 8 with 2498 viewsdaveB

Sorry not having that Brighton are bang average, best team in the division imo, a very good championship side with a solid defence, a bit of flair and goals in them. Far from bang average.

Also thought Onouha had a decent game again, made several very good tackles and blocks in the first half, for the first goal he got the blame but poor from Luongo who just didn't track Murray

I thought it was worth giving Morrison a run instead of Freeman, he didn't take his chance and played far too deep, the one time he passed forward he cut them open, clearly has ability but just doesn't look right to me. It looked a decent side to me, can't see why Holloway should carry blame for that selection.

We played pretty well last night, more than matched them in the first hour in what was a very tight game, were by far the better side in the last half an hour after Freeman came on. They were hanging on at the end and with a bit more brain power Sylla would have scored
[Post edited 8 Apr 2017 8:06]
Play your best team on 08:07 - Apr 8 with 2484 viewsRoller

Play your best team on 07:40 - Apr 8 by traininvain

Holloway's looking at options for next season. Warnock did the same when we were safe and we won the league the following season. It's not rocket science.

Absolutely.

I'd take it a stage further and have a look at players like Hämäläinen, Grego-Cox and Eze to see what they can offer us next season. We need to be looking beyond the immediate.

I was disappointed to see Morrison on the team sheet, but as he is at the club, it would be wrong not to give him a go; hopefully that is out of everybody's system now. Manning and Luongo must be knackered from doing his running for him and Washington had to track runners on both wings to compensate. That was a major cause for our attack faltering.
Play your best team on 08:37 - Apr 8 with 2422 viewsactonman

On sober reflection , you could argue either way regarding last nights team. Tinkering / resting players is great when you have 3 games in the space of 7 days but not so great when you lose all 3 !

We played our best team last Friday against derby and were fking useless so can't moan when we try something new. Having said that , changing the dynamics of the team and playing players who ain't kicked a ball in anger for months against the league leaders isn't the wisest .

Imo olly got it wrong this week and in his very best arry redknapp impression , put teams out who competed , never got smashed but still found a way to lose by the odd goal.

Onwards to next week where I suspect we will lose again to a Bristol team fighting for their lives
Play your best team on 08:41 - Apr 8 with 2416 viewsdaveB

It wasn't that far from our strongest team, Morrison, Perch and Robinson in for Freeman, Furlong and Bidwell shouldn't weaken us that much and I didn't think it did weaken us that much
Play your best team on 08:56 - Apr 8 with 2378 viewsDorse

I honestly think that our best team should be a match for most in this league. If there is work to do, I think it would involve the centre back positions. Full backs are doubled up, the central midfield (when you consider that we have Cousins and Borysiuk that aren't playing for different reasons), the wide areas and strikers all have options: we could use another option in the centre of defence.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lynch and Ned are decent players underneath it all but the best games we see from either are when they have a different option. Personally, I think Ned has the potential to be another Danny Maddix-style vicious man marker. If he plays as part of a three with Lynch + 1, we might see the best out of him. If we already have that + 1 in the shape of Hall then fine but we still need another option. There are young players coming through (Finney and Paul both look likely to be involved pre-season) so the answer could already be at the club.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Play your best team on 09:03 - Apr 8 with 2347 views2Thomas2Bowles

I thought the only things that went wrong last night was the defending for the first goal and playing RM from the start he clearly is not able to hold a first team place.

Other than that Washington is a poor finisher 0/7 now and played to far away from Smith.

The final balls in to the box were poor.

Upset the way we gave away the first goal but other than that I thought we were good and battered them after the 2nd goal and a draw would have be a fair result.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024