Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sampson and Aluko 12:41 - Aug 22 with 14093 viewsRs_Holy

I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about this, (given the whole politically correct world we live in these days). But assuming we are what does everyone make of the racist claim by Eniola Aluko?
Insensitive yes, bad taste yes, racist.... I am struggling on this one??? Maybe it’s a generational thang?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41007444

Surely he was (allegedly) making a joke about a part of the world where Ebola was prevalent? If there had been an outbreak in Newcastle and he made the same comment to someone with Geordie relatives would that be racist?
I think he will almost certainly have to quit now because thats what usually happens. But this is a million miles away from Big Ron or Bobby Gould... or is it?
Sampson and Aluko on 15:49 - Aug 22 with 2029 viewspastieR

Sampson and Aluko on 15:39 - Aug 22 by paulparker

well she has been given 80 large for a start , also maybe she doesn't like Sampson , as ive said he comes across as mini alan pardew , perhaps they have had a big falling out we never know what goes on behind the scenes in th edressing rooms and hotels
as much as the fella has been a tool I still feel uncomfortable that the bloke is probably going to have to quit his job without any hard evidence of him being a racist ,

It's not his comments that will potentially cost him his job
It's his actions afterwards; he dropped a player because she made a complaint.
Whether you agree it's racist or not, you should be able let your employer know without fear of your career being ended.
Sampson and Aluko on 15:50 - Aug 22 with 2026 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sampson and Aluko on 15:34 - Aug 22 by paulparker

maybe just maybe they wasn't picked as the manager wanted to go in a different direction , as for this nonsense about a 50th cap and a 100th cap , what would you say was more special and should be recognised more , its not a racist thing that a player didn't get a shirt with 50 on the back
how badly is the fa run is the question that needs to be answered in all of this , look at the treatment of Bobby Moore or sir Alf , it goes back to them days,
perhaps rooney should come out and say he isn't being picked as he is a scouser
you talk about a culture , well the last time I checked the under 17s, 20s under 21s and full teams all have a lot of black or mixed race players ,I don't see a racist culture in the fa whatsoever

Yep, maybe you're right.
Doesn't hurt to look at all angles though, before, obviously in your case, dismissing them as people being over-sensitive or wanting a pay-out.
It's frightening that someone as intelligent as you genuinely reads that article, then decides because non-white players play for the national youth sides that there can't be and isn't a problem.

Bare bones.

Sampson and Aluko on 15:50 - Aug 22 with 2026 viewspaulparker

Sampson and Aluko on 15:45 - Aug 22 by kensalriser

She had her 80 grand so why's she back on it? If she doesn't like Sampson, maybe there's a good reason. She's a highly successful player, not a bit-part player who never really made the grade.

The ebola remark is itself very revealing of his mindset. People who come out with unbelievably crass and insensitive remarks like that tend to make a habit of it in my experience.

So its ok then that a bloke who makes a silly comment is then called a bigot, racist and will more than likely lose his job ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sampson and Aluko on 15:51 - Aug 22 with 2021 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sampson and Aluko on 15:50 - Aug 22 by paulparker

So its ok then that a bloke who makes a silly comment is then called a bigot, racist and will more than likely lose his job ?

Yes, if he dropped her because she complained, absolutely.

Bare bones.

Sampson and Aluko on 15:52 - Aug 22 with 2019 viewskingshill

He's clearly a dick but to chuck racism at him with no evidence bar one persons word against another is pretty harsh.

She took the £80k but now fancies her chances for a bit more by the looks of it. If the FA sack him he'll clean them out too in a tribunal for unfair dismissal from the evidence we do/don't have.

She was a 1 in 3 striker who'd hit 30 and her replacement won the golden boot at the Euros a few weeks back. From a football perspective looks like leaving her out was a decent decision.

Maybe Jimmy Greaves can sue the estate of Sir Alf for alcophobia (wont be long before it exists).
Sampson and Aluko on 15:53 - Aug 22 with 2011 viewspastieR

Sampson and Aluko on 15:50 - Aug 22 by paulparker

and who made this a big issue,
Aluko or Sampson and the FA?
It would have been a non issue, but Aluko looks like she has been punished for speaking up
Sampson and Aluko on 15:55 - Aug 22 with 2004 viewspastieR

Sampson and Aluko on 15:52 - Aug 22 by kingshill

He's clearly a dick but to chuck racism at him with no evidence bar one persons word against another is pretty harsh.

She took the £80k but now fancies her chances for a bit more by the looks of it. If the FA sack him he'll clean them out too in a tribunal for unfair dismissal from the evidence we do/don't have.

She was a 1 in 3 striker who'd hit 30 and her replacement won the golden boot at the Euros a few weeks back. From a football perspective looks like leaving her out was a decent decision.

Maybe Jimmy Greaves can sue the estate of Sir Alf for alcophobia (wont be long before it exists).

so you only have one striker in the squad?
Are you certain it was only a coincidence that she was dropped 1 week after her complaint?
Sampson and Aluko on 15:57 - Aug 22 with 1994 viewskingshill

Rooney went from starter to out of the squad, are you saying it's never happened before to anybody?

Only one person knows if it was a coincidence or not so there is no proof.

Glad I'm not in the dock if you were in the jury
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 15:58]
Login to get fewer ads

Sampson and Aluko on 15:57 - Aug 22 with 1993 viewspaulparker

Sampson and Aluko on 15:50 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

Yep, maybe you're right.
Doesn't hurt to look at all angles though, before, obviously in your case, dismissing them as people being over-sensitive or wanting a pay-out.
It's frightening that someone as intelligent as you genuinely reads that article, then decides because non-white players play for the national youth sides that there can't be and isn't a problem.

on the flip side Antti you think all lazy players are deemed that because they are black
I better keep my mouth shut the next time I berate Perch then

I don't think there is a racist culture at the FA perhaps 20, 30 , 40 years ago there was, I think the word incompetent sums that lot up there , I think Sampson is a prat who if he were chocolate would lick himself , but do I think he is a racist no I don't and nor do I think he should lose his job and be hung out to dry and never work in football again which will more than likely happen

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sampson and Aluko on 15:59 - Aug 22 with 1980 viewspaulparker

Sampson and Aluko on 15:51 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

Yes, if he dropped her because she complained, absolutely.

or perhaps she was a pain in the arse behind the scenes and that's why she was dropped
chimbonda did northing but complain whilst at QPR and Warnock got rid, is he a racist ?

Sampson and Aluko on 16:00 - Aug 22 with 1975 viewskensalriser

Examine the motives again. If she's making false allegations then it's almost all downside for her because the most likely outcome is that she'll be discredited. None of it makes sense unless she's telling the truth.

And why did she get paid to keep shtum if the FA had nothing to hide?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sampson and Aluko on 16:03 - Aug 22 with 1965 viewspastieR

Sampson and Aluko on 15:57 - Aug 22 by kingshill

Rooney went from starter to out of the squad, are you saying it's never happened before to anybody?

Only one person knows if it was a coincidence or not so there is no proof.

Glad I'm not in the dock if you were in the jury
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 15:58]

As i've said, potentially/looks like. I didn't think on a MB you needed a burden of proof to discuss.
But the FA have created a shambles yet again
Sampson and Aluko on 16:06 - Aug 22 with 1960 viewskingshill

People get paid to keep quiet about things regardless of the truth all the time.

I'd ask if it hurt her so much why did she take the cash? Left her morals at the door when she cashed the cheque. That's clearly the lawyer in her coming out.
Sampson and Aluko on 16:08 - Aug 22 with 1957 viewskingshill

Sampson and Aluko on 16:03 - Aug 22 by pastieR

As i've said, potentially/looks like. I didn't think on a MB you needed a burden of proof to discuss.
But the FA have created a shambles yet again

We don't need proof to discuss, but for you to get your obvious wish of sacking the bloke someone's going to need more than they have.
Sampson and Aluko on 16:16 - Aug 22 with 1941 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sampson and Aluko on 15:57 - Aug 22 by paulparker

on the flip side Antti you think all lazy players are deemed that because they are black
I better keep my mouth shut the next time I berate Perch then

I don't think there is a racist culture at the FA perhaps 20, 30 , 40 years ago there was, I think the word incompetent sums that lot up there , I think Sampson is a prat who if he were chocolate would lick himself , but do I think he is a racist no I don't and nor do I think he should lose his job and be hung out to dry and never work in football again which will more than likely happen

absolutely never said that, paul. I said black players are more likely to be called 'lazy' than white. This is your problem in a nutshell. Show me where I said you can't criticise black players or that all criticism of black players is racist?

I just don't know how you can be so sure about the culture at the FA. Do you work there?

Bare bones.

Sampson and Aluko on 16:17 - Aug 22 with 1936 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sampson and Aluko on 16:06 - Aug 22 by kingshill

People get paid to keep quiet about things regardless of the truth all the time.

I'd ask if it hurt her so much why did she take the cash? Left her morals at the door when she cashed the cheque. That's clearly the lawyer in her coming out.

You've lost me here. Someone who has been wronged shouldn't take compensation, and if they do, they have no morals?

Bare bones.

Sampson and Aluko on 17:05 - Aug 22 with 1889 viewspastieR

Sampson and Aluko on 16:08 - Aug 22 by kingshill

We don't need proof to discuss, but for you to get your obvious wish of sacking the bloke someone's going to need more than they have.

Not sure where I stated it's my wish to sack the bloke,
But I've inferred, because it's seems too coincidental, he's acted stupidly by dropping the player because of a complaint and it will likely cost him his job.
In your eyes, we couldn't even have a discussion without being privy to every conversation/email at the FA
but if you're telling me your informed no opinions based on 2nd hand accounts? Then good on you, you're a better man than me!
Sampson and Aluko on 17:10 - Aug 22 with 1877 viewskingshill

Sampson and Aluko on 16:17 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

You've lost me here. Someone who has been wronged shouldn't take compensation, and if they do, they have no morals?

I'm saying if she felt that strongly about it win the case, prove your point then take the cash.
As a trained lawyer she'd clearly know what her chances were which says to me she didn't think she had a case.
Sampson and Aluko on 17:12 - Aug 22 with 1874 viewskingshill

Sampson and Aluko on 17:05 - Aug 22 by pastieR

Not sure where I stated it's my wish to sack the bloke,
But I've inferred, because it's seems too coincidental, he's acted stupidly by dropping the player because of a complaint and it will likely cost him his job.
In your eyes, we couldn't even have a discussion without being privy to every conversation/email at the FA
but if you're telling me your informed no opinions based on 2nd hand accounts? Then good on you, you're a better man than me!

Cheers, at least we agree on something!
Sampson and Aluko on 17:26 - Aug 22 with 1852 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sampson and Aluko on 17:10 - Aug 22 by kingshill

I'm saying if she felt that strongly about it win the case, prove your point then take the cash.
As a trained lawyer she'd clearly know what her chances were which says to me she didn't think she had a case.

Not really:

Can you tell me about the settlement with the FA and why you accepted it?

After what I believed were two flawed investigations, I lodged a claim for an employment tribunal and I was preparing to go to court. The FA didn’t speak to The Player and had ignored key evidence so that’s why my lawyers wrote to them saying: ‘This is not a genuine search for the truth’, telling them we had no choice but to go to an employment tribunal, which would be completely independent.

When you lodge a claim it becomes public record and at that point settlement discussions began. Why? One, because I believe the FA didn’t want to go to court and, two, I believe they didn’t want it to be on public record that I’d brought a claim against them.

The FA have publicly put out the line the settlement was to ‘avoid disruption’ before the European Championship but I didn’t settle on that basis. I settled on the basis that I’d been advised by a leading QC, an expert in discrimination law, that my case was extremely strong. I settled on the basis that, had I gone to an employment tribunal, I would have been successful on the evidence. It [the settlement] was on the basis of what I would have achieved had I been successful. And I believe the FA knew it was a strong case, too. I cannot categorically state why the FA settled but I believe it was on the basis that my case was strong and to suggest it was to ‘avoid disruption to the European Championship’ it’s definitely not my position.

As for the silencing part it is important to say this whole issue started as a confidential exercise requested by Dan Ashworth. I had no intention or agenda for public notoriety or exposure.

One of the terms of the settlement agreement was: this is to be kept confidential but, if it goes public, you are allowed to speak about the facts of the case but you cannot say anything that would bring the FA into disrepute. The FA have left that bit out of their statements that I was free to talk. Again, I believe that is another half-truth. But I think that when people understand the situation, they are going to understand: ‘Well, of course, she’s not going to risk saying anything.’ What was I supposed to say — this situation with the FA was lovely? I wasn’t going to risk being sued for breach of contract for telling the truth. Fortunately, the position was clarified, legally, last Friday and I was told I can now give what I believe is the full story.

Bare bones.

Sampson and Aluko on 17:33 - Aug 22 with 1832 viewskingshill

I'm off to the game mate, so we'll have to agree to disagree, but you left a fair bit out of your cut & paste, part of which was this:-

When asked if it is possible that Sampson simply dropped her in good faith, Aluko replied: "I can't answer that question, I'm not Mark Sampson, but it's possible, yes.
Sampson and Aluko on 17:42 - Aug 22 with 1823 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sampson and Aluko on 17:33 - Aug 22 by kingshill

I'm off to the game mate, so we'll have to agree to disagree, but you left a fair bit out of your cut & paste, part of which was this:-

When asked if it is possible that Sampson simply dropped her in good faith, Aluko replied: "I can't answer that question, I'm not Mark Sampson, but it's possible, yes.

Yep, it's possible. I never said it wasn't. Hugely coincidental though.
Didn't miss that out deliberately, we were talking about why they settled. Or why you think she settled.

Bare bones.

Sampson and Aluko on 17:43 - Aug 22 with 1822 viewspastieR

Sampson and Aluko on 17:12 - Aug 22 by kingshill

Cheers, at least we agree on something!

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:14 - Jun 14 by kingshill

May also has type 1 diabetes, which is a far worse condition and unpreventable.

Abbott getting it 2 years ago is directly related to the amount of timber she carries around and reversible if she could stay out of the fridge for long enough

Guess you have Dianne Abbott's medical records
Sampson and Aluko on 22:15 - Aug 22 with 1758 viewskingshill

Sampson and Aluko on 17:43 - Aug 22 by pastieR

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:14 - Jun 14 by kingshill

May also has type 1 diabetes, which is a far worse condition and unpreventable.

Abbott getting it 2 years ago is directly related to the amount of timber she carries around and reversible if she could stay out of the fridge for long enough

Guess you have Dianne Abbott's medical records

Whilst I find your interest in me very flattering I'm afraid it's ultimately wasted.

I'm a happily married man......
Sampson and Aluko on 23:57 - Aug 22 with 1725 viewsBenny_the_Ball

My problem with this thread is that it's based on the assumption that Sampson actually made these comments. All we have so far is Aluko's word for this.

(1) Sampson himself has denied the claims and the FA investigation cleared him.
(2) Video evidence showed nothing to corroborate her version of events.
(3) Aluko herself refused to include the allegations in her formal complaint
(4) None of her "witnesses" came forward.

Finally, a three-month independent investigation by barrister Katharine Newton did not uphold any of Aluko's complaints, and cleared Sampson and the FA of any wrongdoing.

Now the guy may across as a bit of dick but I'd say there's more than reasonable doubt to her claims.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024