Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals for the rest of the season? Column 09:49 - Oct 12 with 1911 viewsNorthernr

Latest column from Ram Chandra

Goals for the rest of the season? Column 12th Oct 2017 09:48
Columnist Ram Chandra considers QPR’s striking problem, and how it can be solved in an overheated market with FFP considerations. 6

Goals for the rest of the season? Column on 11:48 - Oct 12 with 1797 viewsderbyhoop

Decent analysis.
We shouldn't be expecting too much from our current collection of strikers. Nor should we expect to mount a playoff challenge.
Considering the number of injuries to central defenders it's amazing that we are where we are (mid table). Get some of the defenders match fit (Hall and Caulker, in the short term) and we'll be comfortably safe. If we could add a Charlie Austin type then we wouldn't be far away from a playoff tilt. We can't and we won't manage to address the former unless Penrice/Johnson pull out a gem

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Goals for the rest of the season? Column on 12:04 - Oct 12 with 1781 viewssimmo

Nothing that hasn't been said before and this stuff seems to just preach to the converted. Expectations are the main thing, anybody who thinks we should be doing better or buying 'better' needs a reality check and will still act like utter weapons on social media.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Goals for the rest of the season? Column on 13:33 - Oct 12 with 1669 viewsDorse

'Ram Chandra is right! Rerrererrh!'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Goals for the rest of the season? Column on 14:39 - Oct 12 with 1601 viewsSimonJames

Great stuff.

But (based on the last 5 Championship seasons), in order to finish in the upper half of the table we typically need 54+ goals, or 66+ to finish in playoffs, and 72+ to finish in auto promotion positions.
So we need an average of at least 11 goals each from our 5 main forwards. (Even with a couple of 20-goal-a-season strikers, we would still typically need to find 25+ goals from other players, if we wanted to make the play offs).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Goals for the rest of the season? Column on 19:11 - Oct 12 with 1453 viewsisawqpratwcity

An interesting analysis.

But the only way I would describe us as 'mid-table' is that we are are eleven points off 1st position and eleven points off 24th. Otherwise, currently we are clearly 'bottom half'.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Goals for the rest of the season? Column on 23:41 - Oct 12 with 1343 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Goals for the rest of the season? Column on 14:39 - Oct 12 by SimonJames

Great stuff.

But (based on the last 5 Championship seasons), in order to finish in the upper half of the table we typically need 54+ goals, or 66+ to finish in playoffs, and 72+ to finish in auto promotion positions.
So we need an average of at least 11 goals each from our 5 main forwards. (Even with a couple of 20-goal-a-season strikers, we would still typically need to find 25+ goals from other players, if we wanted to make the play offs).

There really does seem to be a genuine shortage of strikers which is why they're so expensive. Every prematch opposition focus I read from NorthernR (keep it up there Clive that's some legacy your going to leave this planet with mate!) the fans bemoan a lack of strikers. I speak to Palace fans. What do they need? Strikers.

I mean look at the Brighton squad. Last years best team.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/teams/first-team/

No disrespect to Glenn Murrey and Sam Baldock but there's not much to fear there. When I watched them rip us apart at their place last season it was their creativity from within that made chance after chance. Fantastic finish from Baldock, one of the most memorable opposition goals I saw live last year. It seemed effortless, but it wasn't. It's taken years, decades of graft and money well spent to get where they are.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 23:44]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024