Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 18:07 - Dec 9 with 3499 viewsBlackCrowe

Game of two halves. We looked tidy in the first half and definitely edged it against a very ordinary Leeds but of course our hapless strikers never felt like they were going to score.

Whatever the half time team talks were they had the opposite effect on both teams, Leeds looked up for it, we stopped pressing in midfield and there was only going to be one team that was going to win. Holloways tactics at 0-2 with 20 mins still left on the clock was to play 3-2-5 which was comical as there was no supply to the five. Playground stuff.

Down to 19th in the table, 1 point out of 18 and a an ugly series of december fixtures. Living the dream.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 18:08]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 18:14 - Dec 9 with 3412 viewsToast_R

Just back on 18:19 - Dec 9 with 3356 viewscolinallcars

Leeds, like Villa a few weeks back always looked like they had another gear and lo and behold they come out looking a different side second half. The Rangers cannot do this. It's nice to have some defenders returning to the team but we need to score when still in the game. I can't see any of our three strikers coming good after all this time. Can we get someone in next month? Can't see where from.
Just back on 18:37 - Dec 9 with 3228 viewsBAWHoops

Second half was some of the worst football we've served up in a year. Dreadful.
No idea what the pattern of attacking play was.

What's obvious is that Washington just hasn't been coached, hasn't improved.
Smith shouldn't be starting games.

Long December ahead

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Just back on 18:41 - Dec 9 with 3197 viewsenfieldargh

Just back on 18:19 - Dec 9 by colinallcars

Leeds, like Villa a few weeks back always looked like they had another gear and lo and behold they come out looking a different side second half. The Rangers cannot do this. It's nice to have some defenders returning to the team but we need to score when still in the game. I can't see any of our three strikers coming good after all this time. Can we get someone in next month? Can't see where from.

I actually dont think entirely down its the strikers.

The midfield creates little. Hardly any through balls where it hurts the opposition, only to the flanks to either Pav or Connor.

They cant shoot and as has been mentioned once the press has stopped they are ineffectual..

Had we had a full compliment of defenders for the last 6/7 games the results would probably have been the same.

You dont create chances you dont score. When you create the little we do you need to take them....we dont.

2 goals max per game with hardly any clean sheets is not going to get us very far.

Again the substitutions left me baffled. Chair had a quiet 2nd half but Bright-Samuel is suddenly in the picture.

If Yenni gets picked next week I wont be at all surprised

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back on 18:49 - Dec 9 with 3136 views2Thomas2Bowles

only a few weeks ago we were making 20+ chances per game and not scoring

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Just back on 18:51 - Dec 9 with 3118 viewskingo

Unfortunately playing with Washington up front must be demoralising for the midfield, he is a complete waste of time. We needed to make our first half display turn into goals but that simply isn’t going to happen with Washington up front, he simply isn’t up to it. At least Smith won his headers.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Just back on 18:55 - Dec 9 with 3087 viewsBakes

Yeni was busy getting a ridiculous hair cut while his team mates were having their arses handed to them. He put it on his Instagram page but has deleted it now due to some choice words from rangers fans.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 18:56]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Just back on 18:56 - Dec 9 with 3076 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent point, BC.

I was beginning to get on the midfield in my own mind for creating very little but you're right - it wasn't long ago....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 19:03 - Dec 9 with 3027 viewsTacticalR

It's patently obvious that the problem is in attack. Gallen was right - there is no Plan A. There's just nothing there. At some point in every game the opposition will realise they don't need to worry about our attack and will come forward.

We have sold off all the players who could get us goals out of nothing. At the moment we're reduced to the odd scrappy goal that we bundle over the line from corners or set pieces.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 19:09 - Dec 9 with 2968 viewsQPR_John

Just back on 19:03 - Dec 9 by TacticalR

It's patently obvious that the problem is in attack. Gallen was right - there is no Plan A. There's just nothing there. At some point in every game the opposition will realise they don't need to worry about our attack and will come forward.

We have sold off all the players who could get us goals out of nothing. At the moment we're reduced to the odd scrappy goal that we bundle over the line from corners or set pieces.

Exactly. It goes without saying there are no goals in our attack but there is no movement and there is no ability to hold the ball. I'm fully aware we cannot go out and pay millions for a striker but surely we can find somebody to improve even in a small way the current shower
Just back on 19:18 - Dec 9 with 2913 viewsenfieldargh

Just back on 19:03 - Dec 9 by TacticalR

Who have we sold off apart from Charlie which was soon to be 2 years ago.

Matt Phillips, Leroy Fer, Sandro? Did I miss anyone of note?

captains fantastic

Just back on 19:23 - Dec 9 with 2874 viewsTacticalR

Just back on 19:18 - Dec 9 by enfieldargh

Who have we sold off apart from Charlie which was soon to be 2 years ago.

Matt Phillips, Leroy Fer, Sandro? Did I miss anyone of note?

I had in mind players like Phillips, Chery and Hoilett. Not the best players in the world, but players who could break the deadlock in tight games. Sandro never did anything and Fer had a long period of injury.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 19:32 - Dec 9 with 2790 viewsenfieldargh

Just back on 19:23 - Dec 9 by TacticalR

I had in mind players like Phillips, Chery and Hoilett. Not the best players in the world, but players who could break the deadlock in tight games. Sandro never did anything and Fer had a long period of injury.

Yes was talking with my mate about Hoilett, causing havoc against full backs , scoring and making goals.

done more for Cardiff than he ever did for us in 4 years..

Chery should have been good but was shoehorned into the team. not sure Freeman would do better as a 10.

Seb, more mobile than Smith but only 2 headed goals that I can recall for a BFG.

Our midfield creates little, often the final ball is off. The strikers are not good or consistent enough to feed off them. bit of a viscous circle if you ask me.

Needs to be turned round PDQ before a malaise sets in

captains fantastic

Just back on 19:34 - Dec 9 with 2768 viewsbaz_qpr

Decent strikers and we would be 2 up by half time but last 10 minutes of the 1st half and up to they scored we were clearly on the rack and needed a change before the goal came.

IMHO one of the big problems is that Our strikers are really poor in build up play so midfield is not able to run beyond them too much.

We also stopped playing as a team after 40 minutes and the zippy one touch passing was teplaced with overplaying and holding the ball too long from Freeman and Luongo. I thought Chair had a great 15 minutes and then senior players just seemed unwilling to pass the ball to him.

Positives was seeing what must be the 1st choice back 3, and Pavel at right back - Not a lot else

I think we are in real trouble though
Just back on 20:12 - Dec 9 with 2598 viewsbosh67

Agree with BlackCrow. First half we were alright, second half they had the width, pace and finishing to put us to the sword.

I really liked Chair first half but another baffling formation from Ollie. In light of the criticism that we have no width he elects to now play 4 midfielders right down the middle.

Second half our total lack of width caught us out in defence and attack. Substitutions are mainly reactive rather than proactive. Samuel comes on and immediately gets told to hang back in the left wingback position. Just stupid.

Criticism of the forwards but only occasional forays down the right from Pavel when released from his right back duties offered them anything. 4 players in midfield falling over each other not really feeding the forwards. Don't get me wrong, the huge difference was Roofe, who looked like scoring every time he picked up the ball against Washington who never looks convincing with the ball at his feet. Smith forced to try and head on balls out the sky again. Last 15 minutes with almost every striker we possess and no one to pass it to them.

The three four five or whatever in the middle, all good players (although Scowen is quite out of touch at the moment) simply doesn't work. far too narrow, too predictable and easy to deal with. We'd be better playing 4-4-2 as 3-5-2 isn't working and our alamo 2-0-8 formation at the end of games is simply patching up the obvious lack of tactical nouse. I love Ollie, love his passion, his hope etc, but we are unravelling and his stats this time around now read played 55 won 16 drawn 10 and lost 29. I concede that he has been up against it but it's pretty poor whichever way you look at it. He refuse to play out and out wingers as wingers. He reacts rather than acts.

On a plus note we have a very rusty Ned back, a rusty Grant back and Robinson was again our best p[layer today. But as good as our midfielders are as individual players it is clear that playing the three and now four in the middle is alarmingly inhibiting. It exposes the back line and starves the forwards of service they can actually run onto.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 20:33 - Dec 9 with 2490 viewsEsox_Lucius

Fine margins this afternoon. We shaded the first half but no goal threat. Second best in the second half but not by a mile and once the late goal went in they woke up once more. IF, and it's a big if, Bright's attempt had actually gone over the goal line I believe Leeds would have folded and took the draw if they could. Instead they break at speed whilst the R's are still pressing for an equaliser and Roofe completes his hat trick. I drove home disappointed but not dis heartened. I am of the opinion that Sylla should start but only if we play with 2 wingers to give him the service he needs to score. There was just the one cross aimed in from wide to him and he managed to glance a header towards goal albeit high. Give him a few of those to deal with and I think he will capitalise on at least one of them. Smith just jumps, wins a header and it goes aimlessly somewhere. Conor seems to have perfected the art of running into the space where he shouldn't be instead of where he should be, how does he manage that? a 6/7 out of 10 performance today by the team and a few bright moments like the rapid passing and movement in the first half which was very easy on the eye. Downside was lumping the ball to Cooper or Jansson pretending it was an opportunity for Smith.

The grass is always greener.

Just back on 20:41 - Dec 9 with 2452 viewsbosh67

Just back on 20:33 - Dec 9 by Esox_Lucius

Fine margins this afternoon. We shaded the first half but no goal threat. Second best in the second half but not by a mile and once the late goal went in they woke up once more. IF, and it's a big if, Bright's attempt had actually gone over the goal line I believe Leeds would have folded and took the draw if they could. Instead they break at speed whilst the R's are still pressing for an equaliser and Roofe completes his hat trick. I drove home disappointed but not dis heartened. I am of the opinion that Sylla should start but only if we play with 2 wingers to give him the service he needs to score. There was just the one cross aimed in from wide to him and he managed to glance a header towards goal albeit high. Give him a few of those to deal with and I think he will capitalise on at least one of them. Smith just jumps, wins a header and it goes aimlessly somewhere. Conor seems to have perfected the art of running into the space where he shouldn't be instead of where he should be, how does he manage that? a 6/7 out of 10 performance today by the team and a few bright moments like the rapid passing and movement in the first half which was very easy on the eye. Downside was lumping the ball to Cooper or Jansson pretending it was an opportunity for Smith.

Smith's inability to get enough clear chances is bailed out by your last sentence. You cross from wide to him and or Sylla running towards goal and you expose yourself to the risk of scoring a few goals. You put him up against 2 CBs 40 yards out with his back to goal and he can't effect games. Someone behind me bemoaned that he tends to flick on to places where our players aren't. 9 times out of 10 he flicks the ball on to where Washington or a player who has any idea how to play off a big striker should be... but he never is.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 21:17 - Dec 9 with 2331 viewsozranger

Just back on 19:34 - Dec 9 by baz_qpr

Decent strikers and we would be 2 up by half time but last 10 minutes of the 1st half and up to they scored we were clearly on the rack and needed a change before the goal came.

IMHO one of the big problems is that Our strikers are really poor in build up play so midfield is not able to run beyond them too much.

We also stopped playing as a team after 40 minutes and the zippy one touch passing was teplaced with overplaying and holding the ball too long from Freeman and Luongo. I thought Chair had a great 15 minutes and then senior players just seemed unwilling to pass the ball to him.

Positives was seeing what must be the 1st choice back 3, and Pavel at right back - Not a lot else

I think we are in real trouble though

Speaking of not passing to him.. what is the story between Ned and Pavel? There were so many occasions that Ned had the ball and Wsolek was free, yet Ned refused to even look in his direction. It was really weird, especially in the second half.
Just back on 21:40 - Dec 9 with 2211 viewsBklynRanger

They came out like they had spent half time figuring us out and knew exactly what to do. We came out as if we'd been in the pub. They were caning us for a good 20 minutes and the apparent antidote to that was nothing more than to switch Chair with Samuel. He had Manning on the bench and even Cousins if he'd wanted to make a proper change to that completely over run midfield. Sylla comes on but Washington who'd done very little stays on.

Final straw was Grant Hall making an appearance - as important as he is to us why do you bring a defender of any sort on at 2-0 down? It seemed like we were already playing with 3 at the back so what's the point of a personnel change in that position?

I have no appetite at all for a change of manager but Olly's response didn't impress me at all in that second half.
Just back on 21:48 - Dec 9 with 2161 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just back on 21:40 - Dec 9 by BklynRanger

They came out like they had spent half time figuring us out and knew exactly what to do. We came out as if we'd been in the pub. They were caning us for a good 20 minutes and the apparent antidote to that was nothing more than to switch Chair with Samuel. He had Manning on the bench and even Cousins if he'd wanted to make a proper change to that completely over run midfield. Sylla comes on but Washington who'd done very little stays on.

Final straw was Grant Hall making an appearance - as important as he is to us why do you bring a defender of any sort on at 2-0 down? It seemed like we were already playing with 3 at the back so what's the point of a personnel change in that position?

I have no appetite at all for a change of manager but Olly's response didn't impress me at all in that second half.

Hall come on for Scowen who was knacked had been kicked a few times and been booked.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Just back on 22:11 - Dec 9 with 2077 viewsBklynRanger

Just back on 21:48 - Dec 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hall come on for Scowen who was knacked had been kicked a few times and been booked.

Fair enough but he had Manning, Cousins or Wheeler as more attacking options in that situation.
Just back on 22:36 - Dec 9 with 1997 viewsonlyrinmoray

I wasn't expecting anything today. Ive seen Leeds a few times recently on TV and they've always looked good, especially up front and midfield So I knew they would be better than us
Not sure sacking Olly is the answer. Whoever comes in will inherit a very average squad with only Smithies Onuaha Freeman and Luongo possibly Hall up to a good Championship level. The rest are Div 1 so like a lot on here expected max of mid table
Not signing a striker at the start of the season was a mistake instead of all the wingers We cant sign anyone in January can we anyway as weve no money ? Give him till the end of the season The Managers job at QPR is not a great attraction is it ?
Just back on 22:39 - Dec 9 with 1988 viewsSimonJames

Just back on 19:32 - Dec 9 by enfieldargh

Yes was talking with my mate about Hoilett, causing havoc against full backs , scoring and making goals.

done more for Cardiff than he ever did for us in 4 years..

Chery should have been good but was shoehorned into the team. not sure Freeman would do better as a 10.

Seb, more mobile than Smith but only 2 headed goals that I can recall for a BFG.

Our midfield creates little, often the final ball is off. The strikers are not good or consistent enough to feed off them. bit of a viscous circle if you ask me.

Needs to be turned round PDQ before a malaise sets in

Seb got 10 goals in 30 games for us, but 17 from 30 at for his current club. So maybe our CFs don't get enough ball.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Just back on 22:43 - Dec 9 with 1967 viewsLythamR

For me the problem is loungo, the team is effectively picked around him, how many goals and how many assists or even assists of assists?. today he was awful. after a bright start to the season he has reverted to his standard form and in the last month has dipped below that.

There is a half decent player there but nowhere near as good as some give him credit for.

Scowen is better defensively (and scored more than Loungo last season) and Freeman is more dangerous and progressive going forward and nearly as good defensively.

Ship him out in January, we should get our money back and pick a more balanced team with more width to play to the limited strengths of our strikers,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024