Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A win away — Report 22:34 - Jan 14 with 3535 viewsNorthernr

A win away — Report 14th Jan 2018 22:22
QPR secured a second away win of the season, and scored three goals in a game for the first time this campaign, with a 3-1 success at struggling Burton on Saturday. 10

A win away — Report on 23:22 - Jan 14 with 3406 viewsjoolsyp

Great report as ever Clive, thanks. I so hope Burton survive this year, although they did look like the worst team I've seen us play this year. Can Clough work two miracles?

The only issue I had was with your description of our front two as "speed merchants'. Neither Oteh nor Washington look particularly quick to me (they seem to bumble around) and I'd back my 90-year old gran to get in behind Turner and McFadzean. Compared to Smith and Sylla perhaps they are speed merchants. Young Smyth on the other hand - now he looks genuinely quick.
A win away — Report on 23:59 - Jan 14 with 3348 viewsNorthernr

A win away — Report on 23:22 - Jan 14 by joolsyp

Great report as ever Clive, thanks. I so hope Burton survive this year, although they did look like the worst team I've seen us play this year. Can Clough work two miracles?

The only issue I had was with your description of our front two as "speed merchants'. Neither Oteh nor Washington look particularly quick to me (they seem to bumble around) and I'd back my 90-year old gran to get in behind Turner and McFadzean. Compared to Smith and Sylla perhaps they are speed merchants. Young Smyth on the other hand - now he looks genuinely quick.

It’s all relative - Smith is as quick as my wardrobe.
A win away — Report on 00:15 - Jan 15 with 3331 viewsqprd

Well said, especially re: the terrible terrible trolls on twitter

particularly lovely description of burton. assuming we're safe, i hope burton stays up so i can do the away day next season
A win away — Report on 06:00 - Jan 15 with 3192 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Great stuff.
A win away — Report on 07:47 - Jan 15 with 3084 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks Clive
I love reading your reports from so far away - especially when we win :)
A win away — Report on 07:51 - Jan 15 with 3078 viewsjonno

Great report - many thanks. Good to see Washington get a well taken goal but for me I still don't think he's quite good enough for the Championship, perhaps with a bit of confidence he will step up but I have my doubts. We need to remember that Burton were probably the worst team I have seen us play this season and that he probably should have scored at least one more goal in the game. Good move by Ollie not to try to out battle them in the air though. Good also to see Luongo get a goal, he needs to start doing more of that, and Furlong getting a game. A very good, and important, result.
A win away — Report on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 2994 viewsSilverfoxqpr

"stupid c**t taking f**king Oteh off and leaving that pr*ck Washington on”. Think this person was sitting somewhere behind me in the seats or more than likely there were several of these utter cretins present moaning every time the ball came anywhere near Washington. I took great glee in calling him out after he scored. Anyway bar Mass and Freeman he was by far our best player, ran all day, never gave up and can consider himself very unlucky not to have got one or two more. Quite what more he's supposed to do feeding off scraps and barely any service is beyond me. Great result, I enjoyed the day, we did alright but as others have pointed out it wasn't exactly the complete performance overall. Ps - Oteh was completely knackered and blowing through his backside by the time he was substituted.
A win away — Report on 10:12 - Jan 15 with 2859 viewssimmo

A win away — Report on 08:57 - Jan 15 by Silverfoxqpr

"stupid c**t taking f**king Oteh off and leaving that pr*ck Washington on”. Think this person was sitting somewhere behind me in the seats or more than likely there were several of these utter cretins present moaning every time the ball came anywhere near Washington. I took great glee in calling him out after he scored. Anyway bar Mass and Freeman he was by far our best player, ran all day, never gave up and can consider himself very unlucky not to have got one or two more. Quite what more he's supposed to do feeding off scraps and barely any service is beyond me. Great result, I enjoyed the day, we did alright but as others have pointed out it wasn't exactly the complete performance overall. Ps - Oteh was completely knackered and blowing through his backside by the time he was substituted.

Thought Wash played well but my biggest gripe with him is how flat footed he is. Never seems to be on his toes or anticipating things, especially knock ons or quick flicks. Especially frustrating as that should be his game.

Have to say though he took his goal well and played on the shoulder successfully, also some good forward passing. Not many teams will let Freeman/Luongo turn, run and play slide rule passes though so he needs to try and find a way to score against a back line that isn't tailor made for him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

A win away — Report on 10:44 - Jan 15 with 2802 viewsBoston

We’ve got a fair turn of speed up front if we’re allowed to run and Burton gave us that opportunity throughout the match. Albion didn’t look particularly fit or well organised at the back and chasing the like of Washington appeared to rapidly drain them of energy and enthusiasm.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A win away — Report on 17:52 - Jan 15 with 2237 viewsJAPRANGERS

Thanks, great report as usual!
A win away — Report on 21:57 - Jan 15 with 2024 viewsLblock

I have only flashbacks and split seconds of memory about Saturday
Those sample paddles in the tap pubs were bloody deadly and came on top of a Guinness for breakfast, 5 bottles of lager and a stout called Titanic (two of those went down well)....... the beers in the ground before the game and at HT were unnecessary. Through my one half open eye I think I saw a decent away performance and I seem to recall the terrace was fair bouncing
The continuation of consumption on the way home was just pure stupidity involving 2 mega size bottles of Corona and a bottle of Shiraz
Sunday passed me by and the wife is making murmurs of divorce

I have spent today asking myself two serious questions:-
1. Have I got a problem?
And
2. Did we seriously just score 3 goals on the road and win relatively comfortably?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A win away — Report on 22:32 - Jan 15 with 2000 viewsShotKneesHoop

A win away — Report on 21:57 - Jan 15 by Lblock

Those sample paddles in the tap pubs were bloody deadly and came on top of a Guinness for breakfast, 5 bottles of lager and a stout called Titanic (two of those went down well)....... the beers in the ground before the game and at HT were unnecessary. Through my one half open eye I think I saw a decent away performance and I seem to recall the terrace was fair bouncing
The continuation of consumption on the way home was just pure stupidity involving 2 mega size bottles of Corona and a bottle of Shiraz

1. Have I got a problem?
And
2. Did we seriously just score 3 goals on the road and win relatively comfortably?

Sounds like a "yes" to both questions!! Especially the first one. Because your wife doesn't understand you.

Neither does mine on match days, because the definition of being an R's supporter is someone with a masochist addiction that will last over 60 years.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 22:34]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

A win away — Report on 22:54 - Jan 15 with 1971 viewsPunteR

1. Have I got a problem?
And

.......AND 2 mega size bottles of Corona and a bottle of Shiraz .
That giving me a hangover just reading that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A win away — Report on 15:37 - Jan 16 with 1664 viewsMick_S

1. Have I got a problem?
And

Corona, you say?

Lightweight.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024