Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
jordan cousins 16:43 - Jan 26 with 7072 viewslave16

To sell or not to sell - I don't think we have ever played him in his best position and it could be bull

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/26/report-middlesbrough-show-interest-in-queen

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

jordan cousins on 16:44 - Jan 26 with 5295 viewsNorthernr

Sadly Here is the City is somewhere between Fantasy Island and Get West London as far as sources go.
jordan cousins on 16:48 - Jan 26 with 5277 viewsPinnerPaul

jordan cousins on 16:44 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Sadly Here is the City is somewhere between Fantasy Island and Get West London as far as sources go.

I don't know how you get through the window (mixed metaphor there!) in your professional capacity.

Everywhere is filled with such nonsense stories.

Evening Standard writers seem to be able to produce 300 word articles of absolute garbage, basically saying that a transfer may happen, but then again may not!

Never used to be like this - transfers were basically reported when they happened and that was it.
jordan cousins on 16:53 - Jan 26 with 5253 viewssmegma

jordan cousins on 16:48 - Jan 26 by PinnerPaul

I don't know how you get through the window (mixed metaphor there!) in your professional capacity.

Evening Standard writers seem to be able to produce 300 word articles of absolute garbage, basically saying that a transfer may happen, but then again may not!

Never used to be like this - transfers were basically reported when they happened and that was it.

It's not a new phenomenon. I remember back in 1988 the Sun doing an article saying we had signed David Speedie. They went as far as saying he would play that day and would be captain. I asked a Director about the story and he wasn't aware of the story but described it as 'unadulterated bull$hit'.
jordan cousins on 16:54 - Jan 26 with 5250 viewsNorthernr

jordan cousins on 16:48 - Jan 26 by PinnerPaul

I don't read any of it. I pay attention to what Dave Mc says about transfers and I'll do the deadline day blog on here to take the pis out of it all and that's it.

The Football Ramble did a long interview with Dave Jones the Sky host a few months back and they called him on SSN's farcical coverage of the transfer window and how so much of what they report simply isn't true.

He said if an agent told them that one of their players was going to Liverpool, or leaving Newcastle, or attracting interest from Norwich, or whatever, then they would just report that, because the agent is the player's official representative and is therefore speaking on behalf of the player, so it's a good source. Think it was Luke doing the interview and he pointed out the obvious thing that the agent may be trying to drum up interest, keep his client in the news, get a better deal at his current club, scare another club into making a bid and so on and Jones basically said "of course, but that's not our problem, an official spokesperson for the player has told us he's going to Liverpool so that's a news story".

He genuinely didn't see a problem with it.

What wasn't explored was the relationship with Sky Bet, which I think is fcking disgusting personally.
jordan cousins on 16:57 - Jan 26 with 5231 viewsPinnerPaul

jordan cousins on 16:53 - Jan 26 by smegma

It's not a new phenomenon. I remember back in 1988 the Sun doing an article saying we had signed David Speedie. They went as far as saying he would play that day and would be captain. I asked a Director about the story and he wasn't aware of the story but described it as 'unadulterated bull$hit'.

but now its everywhere, ALL THE TIME

The BBC run a gossip piece of articles from newspapers that runs 365 days of the year - there have been stories about transfers since 1st Sept when the last window shut.

There will be stories 1st Feb as well, saying that although x didn't buy y in Jan they are still hoping to get a deal done in the summer unless z sell V which they might do if S buys T etc etc etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
jordan cousins on 17:19 - Jan 26 with 5172 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Well, HITC is I think quoting the Daily Fail.

Dave Mac is just quoting HITC quoting the Daily Mail.

FWIW, if Boro are about to offer us £1m for Cousins, I'd bite their hand off - Cousins is a decent player and rarely (if ever...) played in his preferred position for us.

BUT he does seem to be permanently crocked, so I'd cash him in.
jordan cousins on 17:20 - Jan 26 with 5166 viewsbob566

jordan cousins on 16:54 - Jan 26 by Northernr

I don't read any of it. I pay attention to what Dave Mc says about transfers and I'll do the deadline day blog on here to take the pis out of it all and that's it.

The Football Ramble did a long interview with Dave Jones the Sky host a few months back and they called him on SSN's farcical coverage of the transfer window and how so much of what they report simply isn't true.

He said if an agent told them that one of their players was going to Liverpool, or leaving Newcastle, or attracting interest from Norwich, or whatever, then they would just report that, because the agent is the player's official representative and is therefore speaking on behalf of the player, so it's a good source. Think it was Luke doing the interview and he pointed out the obvious thing that the agent may be trying to drum up interest, keep his client in the news, get a better deal at his current club, scare another club into making a bid and so on and Jones basically said "of course, but that's not our problem, an official spokesperson for the player has told us he's going to Liverpool so that's a news story".

He genuinely didn't see a problem with it.

What wasn't explored was the relationship with Sky Bet, which I think is fcking disgusting personally.

but you also require saddos to use skybet. It would close if it had no customers. I mean any thicko with an ounce of knowledge would rather put their hard earned on a football match or a grade 1 or 2 horserace to get a return rather than some jim white or Geoff stelling t!tbit of information.
jordan cousins on 17:22 - Jan 26 with 5157 viewsbosh67

I don't think Cousins has ever been genuinely 100% fit at any point for us or played in his best position. That said from what I have seen if anyone has the satnav coordinates for Boro then I'm happy to drive him up there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

jordan cousins on 17:25 - Jan 26 with 5145 viewsNorthernr

jordan cousins on 17:20 - Jan 26 by bob566

but you also require saddos to use skybet. It would close if it had no customers. I mean any thicko with an ounce of knowledge would rather put their hard earned on a football match or a grade 1 or 2 horserace to get a return rather than some jim white or Geoff stelling t!tbit of information.

Yeh Darwin's theory, I'm with you, if you're that stupid you deserve what's coming your way.

But people are that stupid, and it's not right that a company takes advantage of stupidity, youth and/or addiction in the way Sky Bet and Sky Sports News do, cooking up stories from nowhere and encouraging people to bet on them, with all the money kept when it doesn't happen.
jordan cousins on 17:26 - Jan 26 with 5141 viewsDando

Another player I think we killed the confidence of. Although only friendlies, he got raving reviews from our fans in pre season when we bought him. Then shafted to the wing where he was understandably poor. On the only one or 2 occasions he played in the middle, he looked decent but now hes back as a wing back.
jordan cousins on 17:27 - Jan 26 with 5133 viewsNorthernr

jordan cousins on 17:26 - Jan 26 by Dando

Another player I think we killed the confidence of. Although only friendlies, he got raving reviews from our fans in pre season when we bought him. Then shafted to the wing where he was understandably poor. On the only one or 2 occasions he played in the middle, he looked decent but now hes back as a wing back.

Best player on the pitch in our game with Charlton about eight weeks before we bought him - as a box to box central midfield player.
jordan cousins on 17:30 - Jan 26 with 5112 viewsDando

jordan cousins on 17:27 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Best player on the pitch in our game with Charlton about eight weeks before we bought him - as a box to box central midfield player.

Exactly. It winds me up

We did the same when washington signed, played him on the wing, same with cousins, and now Pavel who ive said from the start is a winger.

3 potentially very good players, who we have killed the confidence of. Drives me nuts. We have the tools, use them properly or dont use them at all
jordan cousins on 17:38 - Jan 26 with 5073 viewsbosh67

jordan cousins on 17:30 - Jan 26 by Dando

Exactly. It winds me up

We did the same when washington signed, played him on the wing, same with cousins, and now Pavel who ive said from the start is a winger.

3 potentially very good players, who we have killed the confidence of. Drives me nuts. We have the tools, use them properly or dont use them at all

This is not a new problem with managers and QPR. I'm surprised Smithies is still in goal.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

jordan cousins on 17:57 - Jan 26 with 5022 viewsAntti_Heinola

The thing is, all the transfer rumour stuff as completely turned me off reading those stories. I've completely stopped watching SSN. I don't ever click on transfer gossip columns. It just doesn't interest me - but surely their presence is because they drive viewers or clicks. It's reduced football, the sport, to a kind of celeb mag. It's boring, I don't care about it. Tell me when the bloke has signed.
Same with betting ads. Everywhere. All the time. Stelling is even on our screen at HT at LR now. Can't get away from it. Result? I haven't had a bet in a year. I just can't bear all the 'ave a bang on that', Ladbrokes trying and failing to make Kamara funny (you can almost hear them go, 'yeah, that'll do Chris as he fks up another take with his deer-in-the-headlights nonsense) and that FKN Paddy Power ad to the tune of 'Gold', Fine it was ok for a bit. BUT NOT 100 TIMES A GAME, OR AFTER EVERY OVER IN THE CRICKET! PLEASE GOD!

Where was I?
Yeah, sell, buy. Whatever. Thought he'd be a brilliant player for us. He'll probably be brilliant somewhere else and then Luongo and Scowen will get injured and we'll be fked and we'll go down. Whatevs.

Bare bones.

jordan cousins on 18:38 - Jan 26 with 4929 viewsShotKneesHoop

jordan cousins on 17:38 - Jan 26 by bosh67

This is not a new problem with managers and QPR. I'm surprised Smithies is still in goal.

That made me smile!!!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

jordan cousins on 18:53 - Jan 26 with 4895 viewsJigsore

if we're playing a midfield 3 then Cousins is surely great cover? I have daydreams Scowen will pick up a suspension or something and Cousins will come in and be a revelation. i need better day dreams.

just never ever play him at WB again... in fact f*ck WBs. surely it's time for 4-3-3

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

jordan cousins on 20:52 - Jan 26 with 4736 viewsFDC

If someone came in with a monster offer for him obviously we'll have to sell, but I'd like to keep hold of him.

He's still only 23 and I'm convinced there's a very good player in there. I think he'd be a very good option at CM alongside Luongo if we were to go to 4-4-2 for example - two very engergetic midfielders right there.
jordan cousins on 21:10 - Jan 26 with 4697 viewsFredManRave

jordan cousins on 18:38 - Jan 26 by ShotKneesHoop

That made me smile!!!

#MeToo

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

jordan cousins on 21:13 - Jan 26 with 4689 viewsNorthernr

If we did get an offer it must be considered. I thought he was an outstanding signing when we made it but his fitness record isn't good enough, and as I keep banging on about - the squad is too bloody big. We have Josh Scowen who plays his position, and if Scowen is injured then we have Grant Hall and Ryan Manning. That's as much as a Championship club should really be carrying for any one position - two senior players and a good youth teamer.

It's the same at centre back - Onuoha, Perch, Lynch, Hall, Baptiste, Robinson, Caulker, Paul, Phillips, Finney can all play there. You can't just carry all of these players earning money just in case the training ground burns down and you suddenly lose six players from the same position all at once.
jordan cousins on 22:43 - Jan 26 with 4559 viewssmegma

jordan cousins on 20:52 - Jan 26 by FDC

If someone came in with a monster offer for him obviously we'll have to sell, but I'd like to keep hold of him.

He's still only 23 and I'm convinced there's a very good player in there. I think he'd be a very good option at CM alongside Luongo if we were to go to 4-4-2 for example - two very engergetic midfielders right there.

You've got more chance of seeing Clive run naked on the pitch than seeing Olly go 442.
jordan cousins on 22:58 - Jan 26 with 4540 viewsLazyFan

jordan cousins on 21:13 - Jan 26 by Northernr

If we did get an offer it must be considered. I thought he was an outstanding signing when we made it but his fitness record isn't good enough, and as I keep banging on about - the squad is too bloody big. We have Josh Scowen who plays his position, and if Scowen is injured then we have Grant Hall and Ryan Manning. That's as much as a Championship club should really be carrying for any one position - two senior players and a good youth teamer.

It's the same at centre back - Onuoha, Perch, Lynch, Hall, Baptiste, Robinson, Caulker, Paul, Phillips, Finney can all play there. You can't just carry all of these players earning money just in case the training ground burns down and you suddenly lose six players from the same position all at once.

Did we re-sign Drunken Master?

Fish and Winter Leach need to go too.
Onuoha is great but needs to be sold as he's old.

Robinson we should if we can get him to re-sign. And if the youngs cannot do it, ship em out.

zzzzzzzzzz

jordan cousins on 23:08 - Jan 26 with 4525 viewscolinallcars

Ned isn't too old - he's the sort of player that can carry on into his late thirties. Agree on the rest that you cite.
jordan cousins on 23:41 - Jan 26 with 4487 viewsNorthernr

jordan cousins on 22:43 - Jan 26 by smegma

You've got more chance of seeing Clive run naked on the pitch than seeing Olly go 442.

Can this be after my holiday next week so I look a bit less like a leukaemia patient?
jordan cousins on 00:16 - Jan 27 with 4447 viewsCiderwithRsie

jordan cousins on 17:30 - Jan 26 by Dando

Exactly. It winds me up

This.

We have since bought more wingers (Bright-Samuel and Wheeler).

If QPR was a restaurant the chips would be used to make trifle and there would be a big wine cellar but no drinks licence.
jordan cousins on 00:40 - Jan 27 with 4413 viewskarl

jordan cousins on 21:10 - Jan 26 by FredManRave

#MeToo

Were you wearing a black dress when you wrote that?

#MeToo.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024