Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... 19:59 - Feb 15 with 9481 viewsNoDiddley

Who's the daddy?
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 19:16 - Feb 16 with 2469 viewsNoDiddley

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 17:16 - Feb 16 by A40Bosh

I suppose the only thing that slightly interests me in this story (and to be honest I have not read it but seen the headline) is whether one of the two fellas have provided the sperm to the women who is going to have the baby.
If so, does that open up complications in a male gay marrage relationship about who "fathers" their child or children??

Exactly, as the OP this was my initial thought, but along come the homophobic brigade
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 20:56 - Feb 16 with 2429 viewsHayesender

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 19:16 - Feb 16 by NoDiddley

Exactly, as the OP this was my initial thought, but along come the homophobic brigade

Sorry, after reading this I've just gone back over the thread to see if I had missed something, but nope, I haven't. There's no homophobic messages at all on this thread

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 21:51 - Feb 16 with 2401 viewsDeepcutHoop

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 17:16 - Feb 16 by A40Bosh

I suppose the only thing that slightly interests me in this story (and to be honest I have not read it but seen the headline) is whether one of the two fellas have provided the sperm to the women who is going to have the baby.
If so, does that open up complications in a male gay marrage relationship about who "fathers" their child or children??

No more complicated than any couple that need to use a surrogate I'd imagine.
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 22:40 - Feb 16 with 2366 viewskarl

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 19:16 - Feb 16 by NoDiddley

Haha, thats a crock of sh#t.
You need to say which post(s) was homophobic, absolute cop out otherwise
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 23:10 - Feb 16 with 2326 viewsLythamR

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 21:51 - Feb 16 by DeepcutHoop

No more complicated than any couple that need to use a surrogate I'd imagine.

I think it is more complicated because the story says tom Daley and his partner have announced that :they are having a baby" but there is no further details or explanation other than the scan photo

I wonder who is actually the father of the baby because clearly they cant both be, I suppose they could both have provided sperm for an artificial insemination and take pot luck but that creates questions for later on in the babies life at a minimum

I suppose another option would be for one of them to father a baby and then the partner fathers a second baby down the line, that would probably make more sense from a practical point of view. Its an interesting situation, i think anyway.

I expect more information will be dripped out in the coming months because from a PR perspective its a story that can run and run, you wouldnt just reveal it all in one go. No doubt there will be a book
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 05:17 - Feb 17 with 2251 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Richard Littlejohn being Richard Littlejohn is costing the Mail a few quid:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/southbank-centre-pulls-advertising-from-da
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 5:18]
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 08:04 - Feb 17 with 2215 viewssmegma

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 05:17 - Feb 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/southbank-centre-pulls-advertising-from-da

Just what you'd expect from that c:nt.

Baby Ps parents weren't gay.
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 10:17 - Feb 17 with 2168 viewshubble

I thought this post was going to be about a new chant...

Tom Daley is having a baby
Bring some vodka
And some charlie...maybe...

Sort of...

I'll get my coat..

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 11:08 - Feb 17 with 2130 viewsBoston

I've never heard of Tom Daley.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 11:43 - Feb 17 with 2099 viewsDorse

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 11:08 - Feb 17 by Boston

I believe the collective noun is an 'Arfur' of Daleys.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 11:43]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 11:44 - Feb 17 with 2096 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 11:08 - Feb 17 by Boston

I’ve heard of him weekly, and on every first Tuesday of the month.
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 12:02 - Feb 17 with 2085 viewsQPR_John

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 08:04 - Feb 17 by smegma

Just what you'd expect from that c:nt.

Baby Ps parents weren't gay.

You are not wrong however saying a child is better brought up by a man and a women is not saying there are not cases where children are abused. Are you saying a child brought up by a same sex couple has a better life than one brought up by a man and a woman
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 12:04]
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 13:43 - Feb 17 with 2048 viewsTheBlob

Well after all Tarzan was brought up by apes and look how he turned out.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 14:34 - Feb 17 with 2013 viewsDeepcutHoop

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 12:02 - Feb 17 by QPR_John

You are not wrong however saying a child is better brought up by a man and a women is not saying there are not cases where children are abused. Are you saying a child brought up by a same sex couple has a better life than one brought up by a man and a woman
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 12:04]

Depends on the parents, not their gender.

There's no evidence that a child raised by same-sex parents is any worse off, so the reason anyone has an issue with it, is fairly clearly more to do with personal prejudices, which should count for f-all.
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 14:41 - Feb 17 with 2010 viewsTheBlob

Since it's so normal how many on here have/had two male parents?
I for one would be interested to hear your experiences.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 14:42]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 19:24 - Feb 17 with 1902 viewsPunteR

What pisses me off more than anything is that anyone that questions two gay men bringing a child up into the world is being homophobic or narrow minded.
I dont for one minute think that Tom daley will be a bad father or his husband/boyfriend? But what i do know about the world and nature is that it works with both male and female. It seems natural to me to think a child being brought up correctly with a mother and father is the way nature intended and in an ideal world is probably best for a child. But we dont live in an ideal world so we have to adapt to what we have.
I think i read that 70% of marriages in England end in divorce. That cant be much good for the children involved.
If Tom and his hubby can give the child the love and support they need within a stable family home than fairplay to them. I personally think the child will be missing out on a balanced upbringing. Maybe the natrual mum will be involved loads, l dont know. In any case its a new fangled 21st century phenomenon that i just havnt got my head round just yet. Im just trying to write my honest opinion without offending anyone.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 1891 viewsFDC

I think it's useful to consider what we mean when we describe something as being natural or unnatural. If by unnatural we mean 'intervening in nature's course' then we would have to describe all kinds of things as unnatural: antibiotics, any kind of medical procedure really, flying, certainly splitting the atom!

Im not sure fetishising things as natural is all that useful to be honest. Nature can be a fcking dick after all. As humans we have a self-awarness and an agency that allow us to modify our course and take ownership of our human-nature to an extent. Rather than evaluating things by how natural or unnatural they are, better to do so by how much joy or suffering they cause.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 19:59]
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 20:01 - Feb 17 with 1884 viewsDorse

There, their, they're: here comes the homophonic brigade.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 20:40 - Feb 17 with 1860 viewsSimonJames

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 14:41 - Feb 17 by TheBlob

Since it's so normal how many on here have/had two male parents?
I for one would be interested to hear your experiences.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 14:42]

My middle son is gay, but he's only 18... so I'll let you know in 25 years
- by which time all parenting will be controlled by GoogleZon and FaceTwitter (and QPR will finally be getting their new training facilities).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 22:36 - Feb 17 with 1798 viewsPunteR

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 19:58 - Feb 17 by FDC

I think it's useful to consider what we mean when we describe something as being natural or unnatural. If by unnatural we mean 'intervening in nature's course' then we would have to describe all kinds of things as unnatural: antibiotics, any kind of medical procedure really, flying, certainly splitting the atom!

Im not sure fetishising things as natural is all that useful to be honest. Nature can be a fcking dick after all. As humans we have a self-awarness and an agency that allow us to modify our course and take ownership of our human-nature to an extent. Rather than evaluating things by how natural or unnatural they are, better to do so by how much joy or suffering they cause.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 19:59]

What i mean by natural is nature around us ,living things we share the planet with .
I dont trust humans judgement, we get a lot wrong.
Maybe im wrong. Maybe i'm gay.
I love you FDC
X

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 22:52 - Feb 17 with 1786 viewsOnlyMe

I don't care about the other stuff, good luck to them, their business, hope it all turns out well but Tom Daley will NOT be having a baby. The biology is all wrong.

Maybe he will be becoming a father using his sperm and a surrogate mother or he might be becoming a parent through adoption or he could even become preganT ("rich in significance or implication" --- as in ---"a pregnant pause") but, in Humans, only females "have" babies. Fact. And indisputable.
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 22:56 - Feb 17 with 1782 viewsFDC

If we're saying that when determining what human families look like we should take our lead from 'the natural world', which animal should we copy? Some animals eat their young, so not those ones presumably. Most male animals leave the female animal to it after impregnating them, but as humans we frown on that behaviour. I'm just not sure we should care what animals get up to in their private lives tbh
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 22:59 - Feb 17 with 1782 viewsJigsore

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 05:17 - Feb 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Richard Littlejohn is just the most awful c*nt. Himself, Rod Liddle and Katie Hopkins should all find a small pacific atoll to f*ck off to and never return

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 23:21 - Feb 17 with 1756 viewsOnlyMe

Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 22:56 - Feb 17 by FDC

If we're saying that when determining what human families look like we should take our lead from 'the natural world', which animal should we copy? Some animals eat their young, so not those ones presumably. Most male animals leave the female animal to it after impregnating them, but as humans we frown on that behaviour. I'm just not sure we should care what animals get up to in their private lives tbh

You see the enormous size of so many young women nowadays and you might surely wonder ...... ?
Tom Daley Is having a baby...................................................... on 00:01 - Feb 18 with 1721 viewsBoston

"I think I read that 70% of marriages in England end in divorce"....an interesting stat and very misleading. This figure does not reflect that the majority of people actually do stay in the same relationship, it doesn't show those who experience multiple wedlocks, at the last count Disco was on 49....
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 0:07]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024