Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stranglers 09:47 - Mar 30 with 3703 viewsdezzar

Seen the Stranglers in Newcastle last night , still quality.Opened with Curfew."Germany failed to protect her borders,she had grown soft with the American dream.The men from the steppes delivered their vacuum.".TImely or wot.
Stranglers on 11:49 - Mar 30 with 3614 viewsisawqpratwcity

"Got a package here...somebody order a new vacuum cleaner from...Russia? Yeah, it definitely says Russia. Hope it's better than that old Iron Curtain crap they used to turn out. F*ck me, that was rubbish! It's yours? Great, yeah, lucky we just caught you before you went out. Timely or wot?! I must be Nostra-bleedin'-Damus!"

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Stranglers on 11:54 - Mar 30 with 3606 viewsMonahoop

Still a great live act got to agree. Haven't made a decent album since The Raven though. JJ Burnell is one of my favourite bass guitarists. Never really classed as a punk band per se. In an interview I read a while back,JJ classified them as prog punks. To me they sounded quite Gothic and dark at least when Hugh Cornwell was with them.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Stranglers on 12:12 - Mar 30 with 3567 viewsRamseyR

JJ Burnell is a class act.
He's local to us, and a few years back a group of local sixth formers had a band (they were actually very good), but the bassist sadly got killed in a nasty hit & run accident.

The band played a farewell gig in the local pub and JJ stepped in as bassist for the whole night.

Saw them back in the day many times, late 70's , early 80s. Will always remember the moment before the band came out early eighties. Total darkness & Waltzinblack playing!
Stranglers on 12:41 - Mar 30 with 3532 viewsBoston

Not a fan.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stranglers on 15:15 - Mar 30 with 3425 viewstimcocking

Our band used to play a Stranglers cover...all day and all of the night if my memory serves.
Stranglers on 17:09 - Mar 30 with 3367 viewsheadhoops

Stranglers on 15:15 - Mar 30 by timcocking

Our band used to play a Stranglers cover...all day and all of the night if my memory serves.

Strippers in Battersea Park - Halcyon days

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Stranglers on 22:33 - Mar 30 with 3261 viewsqpr1976

Stranglers on 15:15 - Mar 30 by timcocking

They covered it from The Kinks I think, so technically.....
Stranglers on 02:14 - Mar 31 with 3207 viewsisawqpratwcity

Stranglers on 22:33 - Mar 30 by qpr1976

Next you'll be saying they didn't write "Walk On By"...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Stranglers on 02:16 - Mar 31 with 3207 viewstimcocking

Stranglers on 22:33 - Mar 30 by qpr1976

Yes, correct. Ours was much more like the Stranglers version, we were a punk band.
Stranglers on 19:53 - Apr 1 with 3089 viewsCiderwithRsie

Stranglers on 11:54 - Mar 30 by Monahoop

Still a great live act got to agree. Haven't made a decent album since The Raven though. JJ Burnell is one of my favourite bass guitarists. Never really classed as a punk band per se. In an interview I read a while back,JJ classified them as prog punks. To me they sounded quite Gothic and dark at least when Hugh Cornwell was with them.

The Raven is a hugely under-rated album.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024