Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ray Wilkins match thread. 07:43 - Apr 7 with 19711 viewsconnell10

1-2 rangers.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 20:09 - Apr 7 with 1735 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 19:47 - Apr 7 by OldPedro

I was only asking a question - earlier in the game, Bidwell had been pushed by a Hull player after a challenge in the air (both ended up being booked) and another Hull players ran in and started pushing too but didn't get booked.

Seemed to me at the game today, that the ref seemed keen to give decisions to Hull and not to us. Not saying it changed the result - we were poor, but he seemed heavily influenced by the crowd

You were asking the wrong question.

Was the ref reasonable to take Ned's shoving of an opponent as being 'violent conduct'? If the answer is yes, then a red card should follow.

Here's the relevant stuff from the FA rules:

"A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality
against an opponent when not challenging for the ball.
Referees are reminded that violent conduct often leads to mass confrontation,
therefore they must try to avert this with active intervention.
A player, substitute or substituted player who is guilty of violent conduct must
be sent off."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 20:48 - Apr 7 with 1601 viewsAntti_Heinola

just seen it, and it deserved a red for stupidity, but could hardly be classed as violent conduct and certainly no worse than the push on Scowen, which caused it. Either both yellow, or both red, anything else is just stupid. Ned didn't even raise his hands. I think, isawqpr, that people are probably more angry at inconsistency than the actual decision, and rightly so. If that's a red, so is the push on Scowen and it makes the assault on Mass last week that was only a yellow look even more ridiculous.
bad day at the office all round. classic rangers.

Bare bones.

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 20:51 - Apr 7 with 1596 viewsOldPedro

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 20:48 - Apr 7 by Antti_Heinola

just seen it, and it deserved a red for stupidity, but could hardly be classed as violent conduct and certainly no worse than the push on Scowen, which caused it. Either both yellow, or both red, anything else is just stupid. Ned didn't even raise his hands. I think, isawqpr, that people are probably more angry at inconsistency than the actual decision, and rightly so. If that's a red, so is the push on Scowen and it makes the assault on Mass last week that was only a yellow look even more ridiculous.

I think that was the point I was trying to make with my earlier question - the Hull players were the ones who started the pushing and shoving.

And I agree - a bad day at the office like that is typical QPR
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 20:52]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 22:25 - Apr 7 with 1457 viewsted_hendrix

With the game lost at that point what's the point of making a stupid decision that might or might not get you a booking or worse still in this case a sending off?
Whether it's a sending off or not is immaterial he got sent off for being bloody daft, don't give officials decisions to make, there was no need.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 22:53 - Apr 7 with 1408 viewseastside_r

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 22:25 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

With the game lost at that point what's the point of making a stupid decision that might or might not get you a booking or worse still in this case a sending off?
Whether it's a sending off or not is immaterial he got sent off for being bloody daft, don't give officials decisions to make, there was no need.

Absolutely this.

Not sure that was really violent coduct, but that was absolutely brainless, from a very intelligent bloke.

Pure frustration I guess.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 22:54]
The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 00:51 - Apr 8 with 1305 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 20:48 - Apr 7 by Antti_Heinola

You don't get a red card for 'stupidity', and saying something is hardly violent conduct is a very long way from saying something is not violent conduct.

Inconsistency of enforcement is no defence. If he did it and he got caught, that's it.

Re-read the rules I posted before and tell me where the ref dealt with him incorrectly.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 03:07 - Apr 8 with 1249 viewstimcocking

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 22:53 - Apr 7 by eastside_r

Absolutely this.

Not sure that was really violent coduct, but that was absolutely brainless, from a very intelligent bloke.

Pure frustration I guess.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 22:54]

Ahh.

Yes, you're right, but i have no real problem with it (admittedly, i'd stormed off by then and didn't actually see it). Gotta stick up for your team mates, particularly in such a small team. These things happen, players aren't robots. Disappointing and foolish i imagine, but i'm not too upset.

It's like when (most of) you lot always were always hammering James Perch for being a bad tackler. I have him down as an excellent tackler. Never have a problem when a player gets booked going for a tackle and i'll never have a problem with team mates sticking up for each other.

As i said, haven't actually watched it though.
The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 03:18 - Apr 8 with 1246 viewstimcocking

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 15:32 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I wouldn't start him ahead of any of the eleven named, to be honest. Not even close.

But we surely had to have at least one striker? On that evidence, it genuinely looked like Eze has never played as a striker and had literally no idea how to play it. Ollie should surely have known beforehand if this is the case? Eze has composure and some skills, but is very lightweight so far, barely touches the ball. Seemed to be asking the impossible of him.

It's yet another genuinely inexplicable cock up by Ollie if i'm being brutally honest. I'm very supportive of Ollie and never advocate a change of management, but even before kickoff that looked like a disaster waiting to happen. Especially when we seem so much better attacking than defending at the moment.

It definitely isn't the first time this season i've been shaking my head in disbelief at decisions that have been taken.

Fingers crossed next week erases this.
Login to get fewer ads

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 03:32 - Apr 8 with 1240 viewseastside_r

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 03:07 - Apr 8 by timcocking

Ahh.

Yes, you're right, but i have no real problem with it (admittedly, i'd stormed off by then and didn't actually see it). Gotta stick up for your team mates, particularly in such a small team. These things happen, players aren't robots. Disappointing and foolish i imagine, but i'm not too upset.

It's like when (most of) you lot always were always hammering James Perch for being a bad tackler. I have him down as an excellent tackler. Never have a problem when a player gets booked going for a tackle and i'll never have a problem with team mates sticking up for each other.

As i said, haven't actually watched it though.

Maybe you should watch it then.
The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 04:42 - Apr 8 with 1220 viewstimcocking

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 03:32 - Apr 8 by eastside_r

Maybe you should watch it then.

Of course you are right. It's not yet possible without the highlights though.
The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 06:00 - Apr 8 with 1188 views18StoneOfHoop

The Ray Wilkins match thread. on 16:40 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?"

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024