Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham city statement 18:46 - Jul 30 with 6111 viewsloftboy

Hopefully they won’t reach an agreement before friday.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Birmingham city statement on 18:55 - Jul 30 with 6026 viewsenfieldargh

But Arry signed loads of top top players for them, where did they all go?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Birmingham city statement on 19:41 - Jul 30 with 5813 viewsdaveB

For all of the positives about Gary Monk his choice of club to join is not great
Birmingham city statement on 20:13 - Jul 30 with 5644 viewsrsonist

The whole thing's clear as mud. They signed a Danish full back this summer for a reported £2.2mand there appears to be some confusion among the fanbase as to whether the FL have allowed him to be registered (either by the FL's discretion or by BCFC meeting the required FFP criteria which it appears they haven't). It's not even known whether they're actually under embargo or not...
Birmingham city statement on 20:45 - Jul 30 with 5472 viewsBoston

Birmingham city statement on 18:55 - Jul 30 by enfieldargh

But Arry signed loads of top top players for them, where did they all go?

....back to their assisted facilities and retirement homes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Birmingham city statement on 23:00 - Jul 30 with 5115 viewsbosh67

Funny how Arry seems to follow FFP disasters around.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Birmingham city statement on 23:20 - Jul 30 with 5049 viewsoddball

Birmingham city statement on 23:00 - Jul 30 by bosh67

after harrold shand nearly flushed pompey down the shitter,it was he who devised ffp. as he didn't trust himself not to do it again and again and again.
Birmingham city statement on 07:16 - Jul 31 with 4790 viewsQPR_Jim

Birmingham city statement on 23:00 - Jul 30 by bosh67

Wherever there's an owner chucking money around like it's going out of fashion, Harry's there.

Wherever there's a player trying to make a living off a reputation long since lost, Harry's there.

Wherever Bondy Bond is tickling the ivories, Harry's there.

Harry isn't the cause of these FFP disasters, he's merely a symptom, and a massive kunt.
Birmingham city statement on 07:37 - Jul 31 with 4754 viewsDWQPR

So let me get this right about FFP. You spend shedloads to get out the championship, clearly breaking FFP rules and you get fined but that fine in comparison to the riches on offer in the PL pales into insignificance especially if you retain your PL status for a few years. However if you don’t achieve promotion you just get a transfer embargo for a season? And no fine? This really hasn’t been thought through properly has it.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham city statement on 08:11 - Jul 31 with 4641 viewsRs_Holy

never get bored of this one :)

Birmingham city statement on 08:22 - Jul 31 with 4605 viewsrsonist

I can't even imagine how sweet all this must be if you're a Brentford fan. Then again Jota, Dean and Colin are probably just counting their paychecks not giving a monkeys about anything.
Birmingham city statement on 21:32 - Aug 1 with 4105 viewsTGRRRSSS

Was what Wolves did last year any different to Harry? Difference is they got away with it, ok better signings perhaps but the sheer spend side it could have gone either way.

As for Brum well hope they too are punished like we've been punished.
Birmingham city statement on 23:25 - Aug 1 with 3887 viewsswitchingcode

Birmingham city statement on 08:22 - Jul 31 by rsonist

I can't even imagine how sweet all this must be if you're a Brentford fan. Then again Jota, Dean and Colin are probably just counting their paychecks not giving a monkeys about anything.

We had our fun winning at there place shortly after the 3 joined them and then stuffing them 5 0
At our ground as you say their pay packets will be massive now thanks to Arry Jota reported to be on 40 k per week 3 year contract.
Birmingham city statement on 07:24 - Aug 3 with 3534 viewsRoller

I wonder if this is explained by Birmingham being on an embargo similar to the one we are going to suffer next January. According to Clive’s season review they have lost 6 players (Robert Tesche, Jason Lowe, Jack Storer, Andrew Shinnie, Cheick Keita and Paul Robinson). If the EFL do allow them to sign Kristian Pedersen from Union Berlin, that still leaves them 5 players down on last season, and if they are allowed the same one out — one in system as we will be, this makes a little more sense. The major difference is that they are paying a fee for Perdersen, but perhaps there are some timing issues which they’ve been given the benefit of the doubt over.
Birmingham city statement on 08:28 - Aug 3 with 3404 viewsrsonist

Birmingham city statement on 07:24 - Aug 3 by Roller

I wonder if this is explained by Birmingham being on an embargo similar to the one we are going to suffer next January. According to Clive’s season review they have lost 6 players (Robert Tesche, Jason Lowe, Jack Storer, Andrew Shinnie, Cheick Keita and Paul Robinson). If the EFL do allow them to sign Kristian Pedersen from Union Berlin, that still leaves them 5 players down on last season, and if they are allowed the same one out — one in system as we will be, this makes a little more sense. The major difference is that they are paying a fee for Perdersen, but perhaps there are some timing issues which they’ve been given the benefit of the doubt over.

Agreement was reached yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45051517
Birmingham city statement on 09:22 - Aug 3 with 3283 viewsTonto

Birmingham city statement on 08:28 - Aug 3 by rsonist

in other words, we get a massive fine and a trasnfer embargo, Birmingham get a stern telling off. seem fiar.

(yes I know he rules have changed, but this still smacks of going after one club to prove a point)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Birmingham city statement on 09:39 - Aug 3 with 3252 viewsRs_Holy

Birmingham city statement on 09:22 - Aug 3 by Tonto

in other words, we get a massive fine and a trasnfer embargo, Birmingham get a stern telling off. seem fiar.

(yes I know he rules have changed, but this still smacks of going after one club to prove a point)

Well we're doing things the right way now and Tony and the board have said they will pay the fines so hopefully we wont make such a pigs ear of it again.

What I dont understand is Birmingham overspent the £39 million limit over 3 years (good work Harry) and will have exactly the same size squad this season as last (if they sign 5 players). So surely they will go beyond the £39 million limit again next year??? So it looks like they are doing a Wolves and going for the Premier League or bust approach. Great if it works but...
Birmingham city statement on 09:47 - Aug 3 with 3217 viewsHarbour

Birmingham city statement on 08:28 - Aug 3 by rsonist

Looks like Brum are still deep in it disciplinary hearing and the 5 signings if I read it right can only be loans?
Birmingham city statement on 09:52 - Aug 3 with 3201 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Birmingham city statement on 09:47 - Aug 3 by Harbour

Looks like Brum are still deep in it disciplinary hearing and the 5 signings if I read it right can only be loans?

Yes loans with a wage cap.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Birmingham city statement on 15:24 - Aug 3 with 3035 viewsRangersDave

so if a club agrees and signs a contract with a player knowing full well the shi t its in, the league will allow it?

is it just me?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Birmingham city statement on 19:57 - Aug 3 with 2860 viewsQPR_John

Birmingham city statement on 15:24 - Aug 3 by RangersDave

so if a club agrees and signs a contract with a player knowing full well the shi t its in, the league will allow it?

is it just me?

I think the interesting part of the agreement was the following

"The EFL is exceptionally disappointed that the club entered into an employment contract with the player at a time they knew they would be subject to a business plan for 2018-19 if they were in breach," a statement said.

"The decision to allow the club to register Kristian Pedersen was taken after consideration of the legal position as between the club, player and the EFL."

I'm sure somewhere along the line the FL have been advised they may come up against employment and/or contract law. Maybe it's worth other clubs looking into it
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 20:02]
Birmingham city statement on 08:50 - Aug 4 with 2608 viewsRangersDave

sounds to me like a delicious loophole to be exploited, if Brum are going to get away with it, as its precedent now until the rules change.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024