Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Jordan on our plight..... 11:48 - Aug 22 with 11618 viewsNov77

Can’t argue with much of this

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 11:43 - Aug 23 with 1706 viewsTacticalR

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 11:33 - Aug 23 by PunteR

I do think the ffp constraints actually suites what the board wants. I could be wrong if course and there is a good argument to say if the board could they would just throw more money at it like they've done before. But i personally wouldnt rule out that they just dont want to put more money in, as lets face it, they've spent enough.
Its just a theory but part of me thinks they're trying to mothball the club.

That could well be true.

The problem is that they seem to be as inept at treading water as they were at trying to be successful.

Air hostess clique

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 12:03 - Aug 23 with 1663 viewsElHoop

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 11:43 - Aug 23 by TacticalR

That could well be true.

The problem is that they seem to be as inept at treading water as they were at trying to be successful.

Inept is inept, no matter what you are trying to achieve.

If we haven't got much money then it's even more important not to waste it by constantly making inept decisions. They're actually getting worse in my view. If they can get the training ground deal through planning, if they can also line up some sort of new ground approval and then sell up, they'll have some sort of chance of getting back a decent chunk of money. But they are just not good enough to make a success of a football club - they've had 7 years and in terms of appointing managers and getting the structure right, they're still a million miles from where they ought to be.
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 12:16 - Aug 23 with 1645 viewsisawqpratwcity

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 11:33 - Aug 23 by PunteR

I do think the ffp constraints actually suites what the board wants. I could be wrong if course and there is a good argument to say if the board could they would just throw more money at it like they've done before. But i personally wouldnt rule out that they just dont want to put more money in, as lets face it, they've spent enough.
Its just a theory but part of me thinks they're trying to mothball the club.

Don't forget that we're allowed to lose 13 mill a year, and we do, and that comes from the owners (mainly Ruben).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 12:19 - Aug 23 with 1636 viewsRangersw12

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 12:16 - Aug 23 by isawqpratwcity

Don't forget that we're allowed to lose 13 mill a year, and we do, and that comes from the owners (mainly Ruben).

Let's not forget the owners spent the clubs parachute money . We owe the owners nothing
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 12:21 - Aug 23 with 1634 viewsflynnbo

Don't forget those bitter Brentford fans who couldn't wait to have a laugh at our expense citing karma about the proposed "takeover" in 1967 in the follow up to Jordan's rant. Pathetic Talkshite presenters couldn't even recall that we won the League Cup that year and use it as a retort.
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 12:26 - Aug 23 with 1619 viewsisawqpratwcity

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 12:19 - Aug 23 by Rangersw12

Let's not forget the owners spent the clubs parachute money . We owe the owners nothing

Not you, too. The owners owned the parachute money and the TV money. It was earned by the club that the owners bought and paid for. They would have been entirely within their rights to take those funds and do what they liked with it. But they didn't, they ploughed it back into the club, along with shitloads out of their own private funds.

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:10 - Aug 23 with 1563 viewsJuzzie

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 12:21 - Aug 23 by flynnbo

Don't forget those bitter Brentford fans who couldn't wait to have a laugh at our expense citing karma about the proposed "takeover" in 1967 in the follow up to Jordan's rant. Pathetic Talkshite presenters couldn't even recall that we won the League Cup that year and use it as a retort.

On top of the fact that Brentford fans continually get their facts wrong.

The history behind it is even on their own website if they can be arsed to look.

I have. People recounting that they first heard about in the newspapers and simply believing what they read as gospel (that clearly has not been shaken off) which just shows how powerful the media is, then as well as now.

It's veiled to make us look bad but the cold hard facts are there in that Brentford were in huge trouble with the taxman and the owner was looking to get rid of the club.
He approached Jim Gregory during a QPR midweek game looking to sell Brentford to QPR, that's not the same as "QPR looking to take over Brentford" as the headlines at the time portrayed. Of course, the truth wasn't really headline worthy but in doing so has sown the seed that we were the bad guys.

The first paragraph is utter bollox.

Gregory could of course just said "no thanks" and Brentford would more than likely have folded.
By showing an interest it suddenly caused the newspaper headlines we see and actually served to galvanise the fans who pulled together to raise the needed money. Brentford fans at the time knew the real culprit was their owner, not QPR.

So in fact, Brentford fans should be THANKING us, not slagging us off.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 13:14]
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:35 - Aug 23 with 1516 viewsRangersw12

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 12:26 - Aug 23 by isawqpratwcity

Not you, too. The owners owned the parachute money and the TV money. It was earned by the club that the owners bought and paid for. They would have been entirely within their rights to take those funds and do what they liked with it. But they didn't, they ploughed it back into the club, along with shitloads out of their own private funds.

Eh no , the club earned that money by getting promoted before they even bought the club so couldn't do what they wanted to with it

They have a duty as owners to secure the long-term future of the club something they have failed to do and have in fact set this club back decades even Brentford are mikes ahead of us
Login to get fewer ads

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:45 - Aug 23 with 1503 viewsisawqpratwcity

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:35 - Aug 23 by Rangersw12

Eh no , the club earned that money by getting promoted before they even bought the club so couldn't do what they wanted to with it

They have a duty as owners to secure the long-term future of the club something they have failed to do and have in fact set this club back decades even Brentford are mikes ahead of us

The owners bought the club knowing that money was coming in. The price they paid would have been negotiated knowing that there was that income stream. It's like any business, the profits belong to the owners.

Talk about the duty of the owners all you like, but it was their money to do what they liked with. That they spent it on the club, plus loads more without loading the debt against the club, is entirely to their credit. But you can't see that, can you?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 14:00]

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:47 - Aug 23 with 1497 views2Thomas2Bowles

This is my feeling

Olly got sacked as he wanted some money to replace the players that left.
May have had a big row

The club is not going to spend any more money and thought SM could just manage the youth and what other players he had into some sort of team and please those that wanted Olly out.

TF and RG have skipper the country and put Amit Bhatia up to appease the fans, smoke screen.

The Players think SM is a dead man and the club is fecked. why bother.

There is not going to be a new training ground ( Dog shite is safe) or stadium, there is no longer the drive for it (if there ever was on the stadium) or the money, even if there were on the stadium, it's 10/15years away, they will be long gone.

Other than that, I liked L1 and LR so what's the problem
A small club in a big City We are what we are.

PS
Olly got some new plant pots for his garden and has a nice tan from sitting in the garden all summer without his hat.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 13:49]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:59 - Aug 23 with 1470 viewsRangersw12

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:45 - Aug 23 by isawqpratwcity

The owners bought the club knowing that money was coming in. The price they paid would have been negotiated knowing that there was that income stream. It's like any business, the profits belong to the owners.

Talk about the duty of the owners all you like, but it was their money to do what they liked with. That they spent it on the club, plus loads more without loading the debt against the club, is entirely to their credit. But you can't see that, can you?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 14:00]

Of course they shouldn't be loading the debt against the club ,they were the ones who put it club in the poor position in the first place with stupid signings and massive wages

Fed up with fans lke you who are still defending the board and giving them credit but then it's probably easier when your just turning off the PC when we get hammered rather than having to get home from whatever Northern shit hole got hammered in that week
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 14:05 - Aug 23 with 1462 viewsisawqpratwcity

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:59 - Aug 23 by Rangersw12

Of course they shouldn't be loading the debt against the club ,they were the ones who put it club in the poor position in the first place with stupid signings and massive wages

Fed up with fans lke you who are still defending the board and giving them credit but then it's probably easier when your just turning off the PC when we get hammered rather than having to get home from whatever Northern shit hole got hammered in that week

Of course they shouldn't be loading the debt against the club, not if they want it to continue existing. But they could have, because they own the club. It is their business to do what they like with.

It is to their credit that they have been so generous, even if they haven't always been wise.

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 14:16 - Aug 23 with 1430 viewskingo

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:10 - Aug 23 by Juzzie

On top of the fact that Brentford fans continually get their facts wrong.

The history behind it is even on their own website if they can be arsed to look.

I have. People recounting that they first heard about in the newspapers and simply believing what they read as gospel (that clearly has not been shaken off) which just shows how powerful the media is, then as well as now.

It's veiled to make us look bad but the cold hard facts are there in that Brentford were in huge trouble with the taxman and the owner was looking to get rid of the club.
He approached Jim Gregory during a QPR midweek game looking to sell Brentford to QPR, that's not the same as "QPR looking to take over Brentford" as the headlines at the time portrayed. Of course, the truth wasn't really headline worthy but in doing so has sown the seed that we were the bad guys.

The first paragraph is utter bollox.

Gregory could of course just said "no thanks" and Brentford would more than likely have folded.
By showing an interest it suddenly caused the newspaper headlines we see and actually served to galvanise the fans who pulled together to raise the needed money. Brentford fans at the time knew the real culprit was their owner, not QPR.

So in fact, Brentford fans should be THANKING us, not slagging us off.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 13:14]

Well said Juzzie. The truth doesn't suit Brentfords anti QPR rants. I used to go to BFC with my mate in the 70s and there was no anti QPR then. This was all drummed up by the fat git with the microphone at Griffin Park in the 90s. Now their kids take it as given that they must hate us. I used to quite like BFC but actually dislike them now and cheered when Villa equalised last night.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 14:55 - Aug 23 with 1403 views2Thomas2Bowles

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:47 - Aug 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

This is my feeling

Olly got sacked as he wanted some money to replace the players that left.
May have had a big row

The club is not going to spend any more money and thought SM could just manage the youth and what other players he had into some sort of team and please those that wanted Olly out.

TF and RG have skipper the country and put Amit Bhatia up to appease the fans, smoke screen.

The Players think SM is a dead man and the club is fecked. why bother.

There is not going to be a new training ground ( Dog shite is safe) or stadium, there is no longer the drive for it (if there ever was on the stadium) or the money, even if there were on the stadium, it's 10/15years away, they will be long gone.

Other than that, I liked L1 and LR so what's the problem
A small club in a big City We are what we are.

PS
Olly got some new plant pots for his garden and has a nice tan from sitting in the garden all summer without his hat.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 13:49]

Oh and Clive can't write a match report as he is still shaking and thinking Why TF do I bother with this club.
Hoping for a headline GONE
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 14:56]

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 13:43 - Aug 25 with 1286 views2Thomas2Bowles

Martin Keown Football Focus

I have no idea why they employed HIM

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024