Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Jordan on our plight..... 11:48 - Aug 22 with 11617 viewsNov77

Can’t argue with much of this

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 01:11 - Aug 23 with 2034 viewstimcocking

Hmmm. I disagree. I blame Tony for nothing but twitter.

For the first few years, all Tony did is exactly what all of the "experts" told him. Tony was guilty of listening to the experts and following their advice. Let's not forget it all stems from Briatore shafting us deliberately and giving Fernandes and Warnock 6 days to build a premiership quality team. People just ignore this. How they can blame Fernandes i'll never comprehend.

The blame falls predominantly with Briatore, Hughes, Joorabcian, Redknapp, the scumbag FA (who i'd like to see wiped out), lousy scumbag players like Bosingwa etc.
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 01:25 - Aug 23 with 2016 viewsPunteR

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 01:11 - Aug 23 by timcocking

For the first few years, all Tony did is exactly what all of the "experts" told him. Tony was guilty of listening to the experts and following their advice. Let's not forget it all stems from Briatore shafting us deliberately and giving Fernandes and Warnock 6 days to build a premiership quality team. People just ignore this. How they can blame Fernandes i'll never comprehend.

The blame falls predominantly with Briatore, Hughes, Joorabcian, Redknapp, the scumbag FA (who i'd like to see wiped out), lousy scumbag players like Bosingwa etc.

Your kidding me. For a start how is our situation Briatores fault?. That was 7/8 years ago.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 01:52 - Aug 23 with 2001 viewsTacticalR

Jordan only calls Emperor's New Clothes on Fernandes (whether 'Fernandes' means 'Fernandes', or whether 'Fernandes' means 'Fernandes + Gnanalingam + Meranun' is irrelevant).

Air hostess clique

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 03:25 - Aug 23 with 1975 viewsitsbiga

I’m thinking we are going the route of Portsmouth. Hope not but that’s my concern.
I should be alive for another 30 years so hopefully will see us bounce back but we are in a sh1t state of affairs currently and it’s gonna get worse.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 07:31 - Aug 23 with 1895 viewskropotkin41

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 03:25 - Aug 23 by itsbiga

I’m thinking we are going the route of Portsmouth. Hope not but that’s my concern.
I should be alive for another 30 years so hopefully will see us bounce back but we are in a sh1t state of affairs currently and it’s gonna get worse.

Erm............ Portsmouth? Currently languishing precisely 2 places below us in the football pyramid with no debt and fan involvement in the board? That Portsmouth?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 07:53 - Aug 23 with 1860 viewsthame_hoops

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 07:31 - Aug 23 by kropotkin41

Erm............ Portsmouth? Currently languishing precisely 2 places below us in the football pyramid with no debt and fan involvement in the board? That Portsmouth?

You know what he meant..
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:00 - Aug 23 with 1850 viewskropotkin41

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 07:53 - Aug 23 by thame_hoops

You know what he meant..

Yes, I did. I may have inadvertently come across as a bit more argumentative than I meant to :D

In order for us to "do a Portsmouth" things would get worse before they got better.Fact remains, flying high in League 2 and structurally and financially a "Portsmouth" looks better right now than looking more or less f*cked forever.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:19 - Aug 23 with 1828 viewsisawqpratwcity

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:00 - Aug 23 by kropotkin41

Yes, I did. I may have inadvertently come across as a bit more argumentative than I meant to :D

In order for us to "do a Portsmouth" things would get worse before they got better.Fact remains, flying high in League 2 and structurally and financially a "Portsmouth" looks better right now than looking more or less f*cked forever.

Did you have to mention 'fan involvement on the board'? It's going to take hours to get Bazza calmed down now. Quick, get his pills!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:27 - Aug 23 with 1820 viewspaulparker

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 01:11 - Aug 23 by timcocking

So what piece of expert advice did he listen to appoint McLaren then ?

this MB makes me laugh, people would rather kick their own Nans than admit TF is at fault for anything
TF was in charge forget Redknapp, Hughes, Beard, Paladini and the rest , TF was the one making these choices he was the one gurning away on transfer deadline day, he was the one who splashed 6 million on a crippled Sandro , he was the one playing FIFA with Remy
he and the "Tune Group" are 100% at fault for this
as for the FA , we knew the rules the arrogance of TF to go out and carry out the same mistakes as previously was breath taking , he gambled with OPR's future and he lost big time, don't forget the line out of the club in the summer when they sacked Holloway was we should be doing better with this squad than 16th , so it says to me they didn't expect to cop that much of a fine or expect the sanctions to be that bad, you don't employ steve McLaren for a relegation battle do you
TF did things his own way and has done for 7 years, he so far out of his depth its frightening ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:51 - Aug 23 with 1784 views2Thomas2Bowles

His tenure as owner/chairman has been an unmitigated disaster.
This is a fact.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:53 - Aug 23 with 1776 viewsQPR_John

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:27 - Aug 23 by paulparker

this MB makes me laugh, people would rather kick their own Nans than admit TF is at fault for anything
TF was in charge forget Redknapp, Hughes, Beard, Paladini and the rest , TF was the one making these choices he was the one gurning away on transfer deadline day, he was the one who splashed 6 million on a crippled Sandro , he was the one playing FIFA with Remy
as for the FA , we knew the rules the arrogance of TF to go out and carry out the same mistakes as previously was breath taking , he gambled with OPR's future and he lost big time, don't forget the line out of the club in the summer when they sacked Holloway was we should be doing better with this squad than 16th , so it says to me they didn't expect to cop that much of a fine or expect the sanctions to be that bad, you don't employ steve McLaren for a relegation battle do you
TF did things his own way and has done for 7 years, he so far out of his depth its frightening ,

"as for the FA , we knew the rules"

You think other teams have not broken the rules. It's just they managed to stay in the PL while we did not. Whatever the reasons for our current state one is without doubt FFP. With a new manager and/or owner we may well put together a team to stay in the Championship but if FFP does not change we won't be worrying the top places

"expect the sanctions to be that bad, you don't employ steve McLaren for a relegation battle do you "

Considering what the FL wanted to fine us at the start I thing the club has done a good job. Are the sanctions that bad, one transfer embargo and a fine payable over ten years.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 9:03]
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 09:06 - Aug 23 with 1744 viewsrobith

Hard to disagree, but then I guess Jordan is an expert in bankrupting a club
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 09:06 - Aug 23 with 1744 viewspaulparker

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:53 - Aug 23 by QPR_John

You think other teams have not broken the rules. It's just they managed to stay in the PL while we did not. Whatever the reasons for our current state one is without doubt FFP. With a new manager and/or owner we may well put together a team to stay in the Championship but if FFP does not change we won't be worrying the top places

"expect the sanctions to be that bad, you don't employ steve McLaren for a relegation battle do you "

Considering what the FL wanted to fine us at the start I thing the club has done a good job. Are the sanctions that bad, one transfer embargo and a fine payable over ten years.

you make it sound as if it was acceptable to go out and have a budget of 70 million to get back up , instead of doing what Burnley or WBA have done in the past we went out and indulged Harry Redknapp of all people with all the family silver ,
it may come as a surprise to people but its not luck that Bournemouth , Leicester have stayed up whist breaking the rules, they have sensible chairmen/owners who know what they are doing , we don't

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 09:09 - Aug 23 with 1732 viewsQPR_John

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 09:06 - Aug 23 by paulparker

you make it sound as if it was acceptable to go out and have a budget of 70 million to get back up , instead of doing what Burnley or WBA have done in the past we went out and indulged Harry Redknapp of all people with all the family silver ,
it may come as a surprise to people but its not luck that Bournemouth , Leicester have stayed up whist breaking the rules, they have sensible chairmen/owners who know what they are doing , we don't

Exactly what I said if you actually read the post you are replying too. As for a budget of £70M what was Wolves budget last year
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 9:11]
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 09:11 - Aug 23 with 1715 viewsBlue_Castello

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:27 - Aug 23 by paulparker

Fernandes was at fault by appointing Redcrap that's for sure and letting him have every player that he asked for, oh go on Tony just one more and a CEO who couldn't run a sweet shop.

The Sandro transfer was just the final straw, the penny finally dropped which took far too long, it wouldn't have happened under Hoos and Redcrap got the sack the story about his knees is complete bow lacks.
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 09:22 - Aug 23 with 1686 views2Thomas2Bowles

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 09:11 - Aug 23 by Blue_Castello

Fernandes was at fault by appointing Redcrap that's for sure and letting him have every player that he asked for, oh go on Tony just one more and a CEO who couldn't run a sweet shop.

The Sandro transfer was just the final straw, the penny finally dropped which took far too long, it wouldn't have happened under Hoos and Redcrap got the sack the story about his knees is complete bow lacks.

Did you miss the wonderful Mark Hughes tenour?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 09:32 - Aug 23 with 1672 viewsBlue_Castello

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 09:22 - Aug 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Did you miss the wonderful Mark Hughes tenour?

Think you mean tenure and no I didn't miss it I sat through every home game, Hughes exactly the same as Redcrap kept asking for more and TF naively trusted him to spend wisely....

We have been going through a real shit storm financially which we are still paying for now, the only saving grace is Hoos is now in control, everything Jordan was talking about happened before Hoos arrived and FFP has us by the gonads.
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 10:09 - Aug 23 with 1617 viewsstevec

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 00:54 - Aug 23 by PunteR

Your missing the point.
Simon Jordan is right. TF has tried creating an illusion that he's involved on a day to day basis. But its quite obvious from his tweets that he is so removed from what actually goes on at QPR.
Theres been a lot of emphasis on Hoos the last couple of seasons , he's always on the offy. Why ?.
He's basically the accountant. A very good one at that and deserves praise. But is this what football fans signed up for when choosing a football club to support.? To listen about balance sheets and making sure we dont over spend.? Its boring drivel to me. No disrespect to Hoos who does seem to be be doing a good job.
TF has pushed Hoos into the limelight to try and deflect away the shambles he's created, same as he's done with Amit, and the same with Ollie and Bircham. TF is all about PR and spin but the results on the pitch is starting to catch up with him.

This is a good point, whenever accountants take control of any firm their solution is always cost cutting.

Can't argue with the fact it needed to be done and can't argue Hoos is doing HIS job well but the solution invariably becomes dogma, a vision only of cost cutting, losing sight that expansion can equally solve problems.

There's a cross over where cost saving renders the outfit so small that expansion becomes impossible. We are about to cross it.
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 10:14 - Aug 23 with 1592 viewsrobith

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 10:09 - Aug 23 by stevec

This is a good point, whenever accountants take control of any firm their solution is always cost cutting.

Can't argue with the fact it needed to be done and can't argue Hoos is doing HIS job well but the solution invariably becomes dogma, a vision only of cost cutting, losing sight that expansion can equally solve problems.

There's a cross over where cost saving renders the outfit so small that expansion becomes impossible. We are about to cross it.

The big problem we have is that cost cutting is enforced by the rules with football punishments if we don't comply. I don't want clubs going to the wall, but FFP is increasingly just gonna mean that any club of our size can't risk making medium term investments in their playing squad

EDIT: I was broadly agreeing with you, I don't think that came across.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 10:15]
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 10:31 - Aug 23 with 1564 viewsstevec

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 10:14 - Aug 23 by robith

The big problem we have is that cost cutting is enforced by the rules with football punishments if we don't comply. I don't want clubs going to the wall, but FFP is increasingly just gonna mean that any club of our size can't risk making medium term investments in their playing squad

Yeah, I can see that and it is having an effect.

Let's see what the punishments turn out to be though, I suspect they won't be anything like the ridiculous numbers they hit us with.
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 10:32 - Aug 23 with 1561 viewsisawqpratwcity

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 10:14 - Aug 23 by robith

It's grim that we must implement non-football income to be competitive.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 10:48 - Aug 23 with 1531 viewsdaveB

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 08:53 - Aug 23 by QPR_John

They wanted to fine us £42 million and they can argue thats what they did fine us due to the writing off of debt as in total it will cost Tune 42 million

I know other sides broke FFP but we can't even cheat properly and made a pigs ear of it when we went up
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 10:48]
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 11:11 - Aug 23 with 1482 viewsTacticalR

The only question he doesn't answer is why the board is drawn to these burnt out 'big names' like a moth to a flame.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 11:11]

Air hostess clique

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 11:17 - Aug 23 with 1463 viewsRangersw12

Brentford , Burnley, Huddersfield, Preston all seem to do far better than us and they have the constraints of FFP

We shouldn't just throw our hands up and just accept where we are because of FFP .We should as a Fan base demanding answers from the board on why we're consistently make bad decision after bad decision

Prime example we should of sold Freeman for 6 million but instead Bungle put out a tweet saying we will not sell him which then backs him into a corner and to try and stay popular he didn't sell when it was the best interest for the club to sell him as we have Eze/Chair/Manning who could of replaced him
Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 11:33 - Aug 23 with 1430 viewsPunteR

Simon Jordan on our plight..... on 11:17 - Aug 23 by Rangersw12

Brentford , Burnley, Huddersfield, Preston all seem to do far better than us and they have the constraints of FFP

We shouldn't just throw our hands up and just accept where we are because of FFP .We should as a Fan base demanding answers from the board on why we're consistently make bad decision after bad decision

Prime example we should of sold Freeman for 6 million but instead Bungle put out a tweet saying we will not sell him which then backs him into a corner and to try and stay popular he didn't sell when it was the best interest for the club to sell him as we have Eze/Chair/Manning who could of replaced him

I do think the ffp constraints actually suites what the board wants. I could be wrong if course and there is a good argument to say if the board could they would just throw more money at it like they've done before. But i personally wouldnt rule out that they just dont want to put more money in, as lets face it, they've spent enough.
Its just a theory but part of me thinks they're trying to mothball the club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024