Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patrick Who? 03:29 - Jan 21 with 2042 viewsBoston

See ya in Atlanta.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Patrick Who? on 08:27 - Jan 21 with 1939 viewsthame_hoops

Very harsh lol what a pair of games, Saints have a right to feel aggrieved but they also got away with lots of penalties that weren’t called. However that PI that wasn’t called was insane

Kudos to Brady for seeing out mahomes in the locker room and talking with him
Patrick Who? on 08:45 - Jan 21 with 1911 viewsEsox_Lucius

That should have been the Superbowl match up. I am sure Mahomes, Hill etc. will get their rings in the near future.

The grass is always greener.

Patrick Who? on 12:57 - Jan 21 with 1719 viewsBoston

Patrick Who? on 08:45 - Jan 21 by Esox_Lucius

That should have been the Superbowl match up. I am sure Mahomes, Hill etc. will get their rings in the near future.

Five Superbowls and still Gisele Bundchen.

Patrick Who? on 13:38 - Jan 21 with 1667 viewssimmo

You have to think with 2 weeks preperation, Belichick will do what he needs to do to get the win. Even if it means deflating the balls.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Patrick Who? on 14:23 - Jan 21 with 1617 viewsTonto

trouble is, the Saints/Rams game is not about the play, its about that non-call on the PI penalty. Second only in daftness to the "in the grasp" call last week. The Rams have had some serious help from the zebras in the playoffs!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Patrick Who? on 14:44 - Jan 21 with 1581 viewsalexferguson60

Would have been nice to see Mahomes get the ball in overtime.
Patrick Who? on 15:18 - Jan 21 with 1557 viewssimmo

Patrick Who? on 14:44 - Jan 21 by alexferguson60

Would have been nice to see Mahomes get the ball in overtime.

Find the coin toss / TD ends the game rule really harsh. A team doesn't get a chance at possession based on a flick of a coin? Surely it would be better that both teams get a chance at possession and let's see who outscores the other?

Patrick Who? on 15:24 - Jan 21 with 1546 viewsthame_hoops

Patrick Who? on 15:18 - Jan 21 by simmo

Find the coin toss / TD ends the game rule really harsh. A team doesn't get a chance at possession based on a flick of a coin? Surely it would be better that both teams get a chance at possession and let's see who outscores the other?

If a team scores a TD on the first possession its game over, unfair. If they dont score a TD the other team get a go

A FG on first possession doesn't end the game, only if the other team fail to score on their first possession
Login to get fewer ads

Patrick Who? on 15:27 - Jan 21 with 1540 viewsBoston

Patrick Who? on 15:18 - Jan 21 by simmo

This will change, most fans believe both teams should have at least one possession.

Patrick Who? on 15:39 - Jan 21 with 1528 viewsBoston

Mahomes is explosive and shall be signing a new extended contract, but himself and his agent will negotiate a salary that seriously damages the quality of the Chiefs. Problem with a salary cap is making a good ‘team’, a couple of top rated individuals is not enough. Note the Pats at draft time, they pick players at 48, 63 whatever, turn them into pro bowlers , all for regular money, this is one of the mainstays of their continued success. Good news for the rest of the NFL is that one day Coach Bill shall retire.

Patrick Who? on 15:41 - Jan 21 with 1523 viewsthame_hoops

Patrick Who? on 15:39 - Jan 21 by Boston

Mahomes is explosive and shall be signing a new extended contract, but himself and his agent will negotiate a salary that seriously damages the quality of the Chiefs. Problem with a salary cap is making a good ‘team’, a couple of top rated individuals is not enough. Note the Pats at draft time, they pick players at 48, 63 whatever, turn them into pro bowlers , all for regular money, this is one of the mainstays of their continued success. Good news for the rest of the NFL is that one day Coach Bill shall retire.

cant they keep him on a rookie contract for a year or two like Goff and Wentz?
Patrick Who? on 15:42 - Jan 21 with 1522 viewsBoston

Saints were robbed, officiating squad, certainly two of them, should and might well be fired.

Patrick Who? on 15:46 - Jan 21 with 1513 viewsBoston

Patrick Who? on 15:41 - Jan 21 by thame_hoops

cant they keep him on a rookie contract for a year or two like Goff and Wentz?

No. To guarantee he stays with them they are extending his contract, negotiations will start next week. Expect the largest remuneration package in NFL history.

Patrick Who? on 22:54 - Jan 21 with 1319 viewsthame_hoops

Patrick Who? on 15:46 - Jan 21 by Boston

No. To guarantee he stays with them they are extending his contract, negotiations will start next week. Expect the largest remuneration package in NFL history.

Have you listened too the Boston globes spotlight team podcast about Aaron Hernandez? It’s
Excellent
Patrick Who? on 00:24 - Jan 22 with 1263 viewsBoston

N’ope. My dealings with the Globe are limited to sending back their self addressed pre paid envelopes empty.

Patrick Who? on 11:58 - Jan 24 with 994 viewssimmo

Patrick Who? on 15:24 - Jan 21 by thame_hoops

If a team scores a TD on the first possession its game over, unfair. If they dont score a TD the other team get a go

A FG on first possession doesn't end the game, only if the other team fail to score on their first possession

Yeah I get how it works, my point is more that both teams should have a shot, so if a team scores a TD, the other team has to match it (or better it, if they go for 2). If they fall short, they lose.

Patrick Who? on 12:07 - Jan 24 with 984 viewssimmo

Patrick Who? on 15:46 - Jan 21 by Boston

Won't they be sorting a contract now that will kick in next year? Even the biggest rookie stars in the NBA stay on rookie contracts until they have to sign a follow up, I don't think it will be any different here...

Patrick Who? on 14:44 - Jan 24 with 882 viewsMatch82

Patrick Who? on 12:07 - Jan 24 by simmo

Won't they be sorting a contract now that will kick in next year? Even the biggest rookie stars in the NBA stay on rookie contracts until they have to sign a follow up, I don't think it will be any different here...

Yeah they may extend and offer an contract but I don't think it can kick in until after the 4th yesmar, so they have a two year window after this.
Patrick Who? on 15:27 - Jan 24 with 853 viewsBoston

Patrick Who? on 12:07 - Jan 24 by simmo

You are right sir and apologies to others who I disagreed with. For some reason I thought he was older and his contract was nearing its end. Talking with a pal of mine who works for a pro team, the players agents and ‘money’ side of sport - he reckons that if Mahomes keeps up the winning / excitement form, he will not only generate vast income from other sources to cover his cost, other players will sign for less (as at Foxborough), to be associated with a successful club.

Patrick Who? on 15:29 - Jan 24 with 852 viewssimmo

Patrick Who? on 14:44 - Jan 24 by Match82

Yeah they may extend and offer an contract but I don't think it can kick in until after the 4th yesmar, so they have a two year window after this.

After a quick read, because he was drafted tenth the Chiefs actually have an option to take him to the 5th year on his current deal. Because he's so fckin amazing though they reckon they will only take it to the 4th year and the extension (rumoured to be $200m!) will come into effect from 2020.

Patrick Who? on 15:52 - Jan 24 with 826 viewsqprd

Patrick Who? on 15:27 - Jan 24 by Boston

You are right sir and apologies to others who I disagreed with. For some reason I thought he was older and his contract was nearing its end. Talking with a pal of mine who works for a pro team, the players agents and ‘money’ side of sport - he reckons that if Mahomes keeps up the winning / excitement form, he will not only generate vast income from other sources to cover his cost, other players will sign for less (as at Foxborough), to be associated with a successful club.

it might be the reverse with the pats

tom brady has regularly taken a smaller salary than hes worth, which frees up cap space for the other members of the squad. I'm sure brady has some side deal with the krafts to ensure he gets paid on the backend

in contrast to someone like peyton manning who sucked every cent he could out of the colts and then had a crap defense for years

nfl contracts though aren't really worth much- the thing that matters is how much of the contract value is guaranteed. otherwise teams can just cut players and be relieved of the financial commitment (other than a cap hit)
Patrick Who? on 01:48 - Jan 25 with 727 viewstimcocking

Re the Saints, shocking call, but how many shocking calls do QPR get every week? Happens to everybody.

Re Brady and the Pats, hats off, it's quite amazing. Not once this year did a single pundit give them any hope whatsoever of being able to reach the Super Bowl again.
Patrick Who? on 04:59 - Jan 25 with 713 viewsMatch82

Patrick Who? on 01:48 - Jan 25 by timcocking

Re the Saints, shocking call, but how many shocking calls do QPR get every week? Happens to everybody.

Re Brady and the Pats, hats off, it's quite amazing. Not once this year did a single pundit give them any hope whatsoever of being able to reach the Super Bowl again.

The Patriots are very much like Germany at the World Cup. Probably not going to win it when you look at the start of the year, but you'd be a fool to bet against them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024