Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard times ahead 20:12 - Feb 7 with 5909 viewspeejaybee

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/qpr-news-bidwell-wszolek-cont

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Hard times ahead on 20:19 - Feb 7 with 5011 viewsconnell10

Its not news to me , i thought everyone understood our position.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hard times ahead on 20:33 - Feb 7 with 4955 viewsQPR_John

What I do not understand is the point about the club having options. While a player can enter discussions 6 months before their contract ends surely if the club has an option to extend said contract it in effect has not ended.
Hard times ahead on 08:34 - Feb 8 with 4548 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Hard times ahead on 20:33 - Feb 7 by QPR_John

What I do not understand is the point about the club having options. While a player can enter discussions 6 months before their contract ends surely if the club has an option to extend said contract it in effect has not ended.

My understanding is these options are one way only, so the club has the right to extend a contract for say a year but only if they exercise that option.
From the players point of view unless they have had the discussion with the club (to try and find out if the club are intending to exercise that option) they will want to cover themselves by discussing other options elsewhere in case it is not exercised.
Hard times ahead on 08:59 - Feb 8 with 4495 viewssmegma

Why does anyone even bother with that website?? I see more truth on the Viz comic site.
Hard times ahead on 09:37 - Feb 8 with 4442 viewsTHEBUSH

I suppose the options, Les talked about is, if we sell a player or two and have a bit of spare cash?

Our club are still losing lots of money and are being propped up financially by our owners.

Not sure if FFP has been a good or bad thing for football ?
Hard times ahead on 10:38 - Feb 8 with 4325 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hard times ahead on 09:37 - Feb 8 by THEBUSH

I suppose the options, Les talked about is, if we sell a player or two and have a bit of spare cash?

Our club are still losing lots of money and are being propped up financially by our owners.

Exactly, when Freeman sadly goes, leaving us royally fked next season, at least S-Mac will have a couple of mill to spray about.

Bare bones.

Hard times ahead on 10:59 - Feb 8 with 4273 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Strange that some cannot relate this, to the need for a new stadium and the income streams it would provide.

Yet they will continue to lambast the board (notwithstanding that they did blow the money) for not investing in the team.
Hard times ahead on 11:42 - Feb 8 with 4185 viewsJuzzie

I still find it very hard to be sympathetic to any footballer in the the top two divisions at least when even those at the lower end of the pay scale are being paid a quarter of a million pounds a year.
Login to get fewer ads

Hard times ahead on 12:13 - Feb 8 with 4139 viewsDavieQPR

FFP will have to change again because there will be such a high number of players without contracts. It doesn't seem to be filtering down either where players would drop a division.
Hard times ahead on 12:19 - Feb 8 with 4111 viewsrunningman75

Have to get to the FA cup semi final as that is nearly £1 million in the bank.
Hard times ahead on 12:33 - Feb 8 with 4075 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hard times ahead on 12:19 - Feb 8 by runningman75

Good point. In fact, as we all know, our name's on the cup, so Les might as well factor that cash in too - plus a UEFA Cup spot. And we'll probably win that too. Happy days!

No, you're drunk on FA Cup glory.

Bare bones.

Hard times ahead on 13:20 - Feb 8 with 3986 viewsterryb

Hard times ahead on 12:19 - Feb 8 by runningman75

Reach the semi final & the prize money would be virtually £2.5 million if we lost. Add to this the income from television companies & that would put it closer to £3 million.

The prize money piad is:-

Winning in the 3rd round £135k
Winning in the 4th round £180k
Winning in the 5th round £360k
Winning in the 6th round £720k
Winning in the semi final £1800k
Losing in the semi final £900k
Winning in the final £3600k
Losing in the final £1800k
Hard times ahead on 13:39 - Feb 8 with 3934 viewssmegma

Hard times ahead on 12:33 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

Good point. In fact, as we all know, our name's on the cup, so Les might as well factor that cash in too - plus a UEFA Cup spot. And we'll probably win that too. Happy days!

No, you're drunk on FA Cup glory.

UEFA Cup doesn't exist anymore !!
Hard times ahead on 13:44 - Feb 8 with 3915 viewsR_from_afar

Hard times ahead on 09:37 - Feb 8 by THEBUSH

100% definitely a bad thing the way it works currently. By all means have a system, but don't base it on revenues, base it on something like the overall player wage bill.

If it is based on revenues, it automatically handicaps clubs like us, and Bournemouth, whose brands are weak compared with the "big clubs" and whose stadia are about a quarter the size of some grounds.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hard times ahead on 13:45 - Feb 8 with 3912 viewsHarbour

Hard times ahead on 10:38 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

Exactly, when Freeman sadly goes, leaving us royally fked next season, at least S-Mac will have a couple of mill to spray about.

Presumably any cash from a Freeman sale would go on more loans rather than perm signings as what happened with the Smithies cash....?
Hard times ahead on 13:58 - Feb 8 with 3874 viewsWestbourneR

Ugh. So stick of austerity.

SPEND SPEND SPEND

Did I mention Charlie Austin?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Hard times ahead on 14:12 - Feb 8 with 3821 viewsNorthernr

Hard times ahead on 13:20 - Feb 8 by terryb

Reach the semi final & the prize money would be virtually £2.5 million if we lost. Add to this the income from television companies & that would put it closer to £3 million.

The prize money piad is:-

Winning in the 3rd round £135k
Winning in the 4th round £180k
Winning in the 5th round £360k
Winning in the 6th round £720k
Winning in the semi final £1800k
Losing in the semi final £900k
Winning in the final £3600k
Losing in the final £1800k

You also get money for being the team that went furthest in your division. Newport have picked up £250k for that I think. But we're getting rather ahead of ourselves there.

This is what I said when we brought the loans in. Great for now, I've enjoyed having them, but what happens next August? Try to find loans of similar standard for less money?
Hard times ahead on 14:24 - Feb 8 with 3779 viewsjonno

Hard times ahead on 14:12 - Feb 8 by Northernr

You also get money for being the team that went furthest in your division. Newport have picked up £250k for that I think. But we're getting rather ahead of ourselves there.

This is what I said when we brought the loans in. Great for now, I've enjoyed having them, but what happens next August? Try to find loans of similar standard for less money?

Yes, agree things might look a bit tricky next year, but there's a way to go yet. I'm sure other Clubs in our division will also be in the clarts as well - particularly those who fall foul of FFP.
Hard times ahead on 14:29 - Feb 8 with 3754 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hard times ahead on 13:39 - Feb 8 by smegma

UEFA Cup doesn't exist anymore !!

yeah, that was the thing most wrong with that post ;)
I did of course mean the Fairs Cup.

Bare bones.

Hard times ahead on 14:49 - Feb 8 with 3704 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Hard times ahead on 14:29 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

yeah, that was the thing most wrong with that post ;)
I did of course mean the Fairs Cup.

Is that the Inter City Fairs Cup?
Hard times ahead on 15:41 - Feb 8 with 3643 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hard times ahead on 14:49 - Feb 8 by WrightUp5hit___

Is that the Inter City Fairs Cup?

That's the one! We'll get there eventually.

Bare bones.

Hard times ahead on 15:48 - Feb 8 with 3622 viewspeejaybee

Hard times ahead on 08:59 - Feb 8 by smegma

Why does anyone even bother with that website?? I see more truth on the Viz comic site.

Can you point me in the direction of where Les Ferdinand has denied those quotes.???

Hard times ahead on 16:04 - Feb 8 with 3594 viewssimmo

Hard times ahead on 15:48 - Feb 8 by peejaybee

Can you point me in the direction of where Les Ferdinand has denied those quotes.???

So everything that's not denied is true?

What a world.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hard times ahead on 16:20 - Feb 8 with 3560 viewspeejaybee

Hard times ahead on 16:04 - Feb 8 by simmo

So everything that's not denied is true?

What a world.

Do what Anthony Newley wanted to do .

Hard times ahead on 16:44 - Feb 8 with 3524 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hard times ahead on 16:20 - Feb 8 by peejaybee

Do what Anthony Newley wanted to do .

make everything he bakes satisfying and delicious?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024