Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) 12:35 - Apr 10 with 9727 viewsstainrods_elbow

It appears to have been written by a robot! Is Lee Hoos perhaps a robot?

If Clive hasn't torn all of his hair out by now, I'm sure the last tufts will be on the floor after seeing this! It was a 'disappointing' result, wans't it? And I'm quite sure the players 'will be doing all they can' to put it right tonight. (LIke they did against Rotherham. And Bolton. And Stoke. And . . .)

I'd say Hoos' reply itself tells you something crucial about the current culture at our club - a pile of corporate speaking, 'listening' while not listening, bland, passive-aggressive bullshit! Is it just me or does it read as another nail in our coffin?

Dear Mr Thomas,

Thank you for your email.

I welcome feedback from supporters as it provides me with a valuable insight which I use so that we can work together to move forward.

I have taken the time to read Clive’s match report and share his views that the result against Norwich was disappointing, I know the players will be doing all they can to make sure they put it right on Wednesday.

We are currently assessing all options available for the managerial position and we will make a decision based on the best interests for the long-term future and stability of the club and for our loyal supporters.

Kind regards,

Lee Hoos
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 12:37]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:39 - Apr 10 with 5264 viewsNorthernr

To be fair to him, what can he say? If he comes out and agrees wholeheartedly with a report that calls the players lazy cnts and accuses them of phoning it in, well that's a story isn't it and then the club have a problem on their hands PR wise, with the players and with the football side of the club behind attacked by the business side of it. I've a lot of time for Hoos and I don't envy him his position at the moment.
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:40 - Apr 10 with 5248 viewsozexile

I actually think that's quite a decent reply. He can't exactly say that he agrees and that we're shit can he.
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:41 - Apr 10 with 5242 viewsblacky200

To be honest that is exactly what any decent CEO would write. What did you expect him to say? If he starts slagging the team off that's hardly likely to motivate them and will make the caretakers job harder. It would totally undermine the structure of the club.
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:44 - Apr 10 with 5210 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:39 - Apr 10 by Northernr

To be fair to him, what can he say? If he comes out and agrees wholeheartedly with a report that calls the players lazy cnts and accuses them of phoning it in, well that's a story isn't it and then the club have a problem on their hands PR wise, with the players and with the football side of the club behind attacked by the business side of it. I've a lot of time for Hoos and I don't envy him his position at the moment.

That's my point in a nutshell, northernr. It's propping up the basis for 'political' lying like this that itself gives the lie to Lose's (sorry Hoos') stated valuation of togetherness. The problem is the lack of scrutiny and performance-related evaluation that gives Tony, Les and Lee such a cushioned ride right now. Why you seem to refuse to even consider he might be a part of the problem as a key figure in the management structure is beyond me.

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:44 - Apr 10 with 5205 viewsrobith

Just so I'm clear you wrote the the CEO of a multi million pound company and are upset that you didn't get a fully personalised response slagging off his primary assets?

Weird flex but ok
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:47 - Apr 10 with 5180 viewsstainrods_elbow

I bitterly disagree with everyone so far!

Why on earth, then, is it not OK for our interim manager to spout the same kind of platitudes and cliches? One rule for our apparently untouchable CEO and another for the team coach? Give me a break!

The smell of bullshit at QPR is becoming really malodorous right now, and when fans buy in to it and even defend it, I despair all over again.

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:47 - Apr 10 with 5174 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:44 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

That's my point in a nutshell, northernr. It's propping up the basis for 'political' lying like this that itself gives the lie to Lose's (sorry Hoos') stated valuation of togetherness. The problem is the lack of scrutiny and performance-related evaluation that gives Tony, Les and Lee such a cushioned ride right now. Why you seem to refuse to even consider he might be a part of the problem as a key figure in the management structure is beyond me.

Hoos' job is to make sure we're FFP compliant in 18 months' time with the parachute payments are over. If we're not, then questions have to be asked. Until then I'll reserve judgement. He inherited an absolute sht show.
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:48 - Apr 10 with 5162 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:44 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

how are they getting a cushioned ride?
Hoos is doing a fantastic job. TF gets regularly ripped apart and Les gets hammered all day every day on social media.

Should we burn their houses down?

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:49 - Apr 10 with 5158 viewsstainrods_elbow

If I'm dismayed that the guy can't tell a modicum of truth, and read that as symtomatic at a culture of denial and decline at the club, I'll gladly stick to my guns. To be honest, some of the responses here make me wince!

Thoughts, Clive?

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:50 - Apr 10 with 5153 viewsblacky200

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:47 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

Why on earth, then, is it not OK for our interim manager to spout the same kind of platitudes and cliches? One rule for our apparently untouchable CEO and another for the team coach? Give me a break!

The smell of bullshit at QPR is becoming really malodorous right now, and when fans buy in to it and even defend it, I despair all over again.

I'm not saying I agree with him just that the reply was exactly what I would of expected. How many times under Paladini did we see his emotional response getting published and then he got slagged off for not keeping it internal. I'm sure they are working behind the scenes to try and sort it out.
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:54 - Apr 10 with 5119 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hoos is, presumably, instrumental in both hiring and firing our plethora of useless managers (and players). He signs off contracts and makes statements when the latest coach bites the dust. He plays his part in failing to advance the stadium plans that Tony queers the club's pitch with. Yet he's doing a great job that's beyond criticism? Quite bizarre!

For the record, I also requested that Clive's report be circulated to Andy Sinton and Les Ferdinand - it wasn't just for Hoos (who I don't trust). If they came back with the same kind of bullshit response, would they be similarly forgiven, one wonders?

Have the lunatics taken over the asylum before we even kick off later?

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:07 - Apr 10 with 4993 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:54 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

Hoos is, presumably, instrumental in both hiring and firing our plethora of useless managers (and players). He signs off contracts and makes statements when the latest coach bites the dust. He plays his part in failing to advance the stadium plans that Tony queers the club's pitch with. Yet he's doing a great job that's beyond criticism? Quite bizarre!

For the record, I also requested that Clive's report be circulated to Andy Sinton and Les Ferdinand - it wasn't just for Hoos (who I don't trust). If they came back with the same kind of bullshit response, would they be similarly forgiven, one wonders?

Have the lunatics taken over the asylum before we even kick off later?

Ok, wow, hang on. Taking those points in turn.

- Hoos is not instrumental in either the hiring or firing of our managers, or at least hasn't been to this point, and doesn't choose the signings. He's the finance guy, he sets the budget, he tells them where they've got to get to, he signs off on the contracts, but the decisions about who we sign or hire aren't his.

- Yes, he signs off on the contracts, and like I say, if we're still paying so much in wages in 18 months time that we bust the FFP limits then he has failed and should be criticised, but we don't know that for another 12-18 months and you can't slag somebody off for something they haven't done.

- Stadium is a decade away at least. It's taken Luton 30 years to get one away. What do you want him to do there? Training ground he hung his hat on at the start as getting over the line and he's done that legally, but let's see the building work start there. Again, if it doesn't, that's within his remit, that's something he said he would deliver, if he doesn't then you can criticise him for that.

- Andy Sinton. The club ambassador? That's a community and commentary job. What do you want him to do about it from the bloody camera gantry?

- Ferdinand, in charge of the football side, right that questions should be asked of his performance given what's going on.

- I hate all this "we go again" "the lads are fighting" "we've prepared well" PR bullsht as well. But I'm not sure, like I say, it's really a good idea for senior club management to spend their time reading one bloke's rant from a website and respond to it by saying they agree the players are all cnts and aren't trying.

- As for lunactics, this thread is a bit looney itself TBH.
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:10 - Apr 10 with 4969 viewsdaveB

I'm not really sure what you expect anyone at the club to say, none of them would have been happy with Saturdays performance but thats not to say they don't care, amazed he took the time to reply to this
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:15 - Apr 10 with 4916 viewsstevec

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:40 - Apr 10 by ozexile

I actually think that's quite a decent reply. He can't exactly say that he agrees and that we're shit can he.

There was a copper who used to blog inside reports about how messed up the Met was.

Surprised nobody in football hasn't done something similar, would love to know what goes on behind the scenes.
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:16 - Apr 10 with 4916 viewsDavieQPR

Personally I don't think it was Hoos job to comment on the football side as he is the finance man. LF has got to stop hiding as the football side is his responsibility.
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:29 - Apr 10 with 4823 viewsLythamR

As the CEO Hoos primary responsibility is to the Shareholders, you cant really expect anything extraordinary or damming to come out in any of his responses.

Thats just the way of things, I am sure he has his own views on the performance of his staff but it would be completely unprofessional for him to air those in public and very unrealistic to expect him to

It wold be a poor show for anyone within the club to go into berseker mode whilst we are still trying to scratch out the points we might need for survival
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:37 - Apr 10 with 4753 viewsQPR_Jim

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:47 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

It's perfectly reasonable for a manager to say they are unhappy with their teams performance, it happens every week. It's his job (interim or not) to motive the players, make them aware what is and isn't acceptable. he can do that how he chooses and has the option of doing it publicly if he sees fit through the media.

Any comment coming from LH, LF, AB or even TF disagreeing with the manager or slagging off the team will be counter productive. They may not agree with his statements in the press but it won't help to contradict him and cause internal divisions within the club. Much better to raise it in private and deal with it professionally rather than having an argument in public.

I despair that you need someone like Les Ferdinand or even Lee Hoos to state he's unhappy about the result. Nobody's enjoying this!
Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:39 - Apr 10 with 4734 viewsTonto

Dear Stainrod's Elbow.

The world does not owe you a response to absolutely every opinion you have. Whether or not you put it in writing.

The invention of e-mails means that (as a public sector employee) it has become really easy to send "opinions" which people believe to be facts on a daily basis. We called them "keyboard warriors" - people who hide behind their monitors calling me or my team unprofessional, or idiots or worse.

I hope you feel better now for getting it off your chest, but 'm surprised you received a response at all, because, as I said at the beginning, you are not owed one.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:47 - Apr 10 with 4673 viewsconnell10

Ill be honest even though Hoos might be doing a good job at Rangers i cant warm to him, he comes across as a bit of a t wat sometimes.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:53 - Apr 10 with 4646 viewsA40Bosh

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 12:49 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

If I'm dismayed that the guy can't tell a modicum of truth, and read that as symtomatic at a culture of denial and decline at the club, I'll gladly stick to my guns. To be honest, some of the responses here make me wince!

Thoughts, Clive?

"culture of denial and decline at the club" - decline yes, but what is being denied?

Hoos said that he agreed with Clive's assessment of the match and that it was disappointing. How far did you expect him to actually go in support of Clive's assessment???

You cannot expect a senior employee of any company to come back with a rant about exactly how f ucking shit the comapny results are - especially if that employee is not directly involved with the area of the business that produced the results. As Clive said if Hoos ensures that Big Top is built, can turn on it's lights, pays its bills and let punters in, it is not his fault that those who are responsible for organising the show then put on a comedy circus act.

Had Hoos come back to you with any other response than what he did I would have deemed it inappropriate and unprofessional. Whatever is going on within the club to sort out the current football side of the business needs to be undertaken quickly, quietly and professionally as possible and in house until such time as the announcement is ready to be made.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 14:11 - Apr 10 with 4557 viewsLblock

My only criticism of Hoos thus far is he doesn’t appear to be as detached from the fan base as I’d like or more dogmatic on finances.

Do you think if you’d set that to a Daniel Levy in a relative position at a club you’d even got a response? I want my finance guy to be that - look after the best commercial interests of the club and bollox to 90% of everything else.

He walked into a business that had been blown to pieces by the Bungle Brothers and I’d liked to have seen an approach akin to being in Administration. The days of justifying the spend on a bar of soap again. From that breeds utmost care and attention for EVERY decision on the short and medium term for the business (ie the club).

How Phil Beard got out of Dodge with both his legs intact I’ll never know.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 14:13 - Apr 10 with 4545 viewsAntti_Heinola

Of course, the best managers very, very rarely criticise their players publicly. I'm not sure Fergie ever did it. They lost by six at Southampton and he blamed the kit. Easier to do when you win most games of course! But still - we're all upset, we all want to cry into our beers, we're all angry. But I'm not sure demanding some weird outpouring of vitriol against the squad is really going to help anyone is it? Well, it might help some fans, but you know what I mean.
Scream into a pillow, that's what I do.

Bare bones.

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 14:21 - Apr 10 with 4481 viewsstainrods_elbow

I don't need or want to 'defend myself' or my views, and I don't think I said I was 'owed a response for every opinion I have'. Just that I think it should be authentic, not bullshit dressed up with a garnish of sincerity, if and when it comes.

Lee Hoos himself writes that he welcomes feedback from the fan base, so he can work with it. Yeah right, Lee!

It was his name on the club statement after SM's departure, so he can be held accountable at least to some degree for our basket case of a club, whatever people want to say, in my book. And, as others have said, no one is clear as to the exact division of roles between TF, Amit, Les, Hoos and the rest of them, so don't be calling me out please on my presumptions!

Meanwhile, onto tonight. (Sigh!)

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 14:27 - Apr 10 with 4452 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 13:53 - Apr 10 by A40Bosh

"culture of denial and decline at the club" - decline yes, but what is being denied?

Hoos said that he agreed with Clive's assessment of the match and that it was disappointing. How far did you expect him to actually go in support of Clive's assessment???

You cannot expect a senior employee of any company to come back with a rant about exactly how f ucking shit the comapny results are - especially if that employee is not directly involved with the area of the business that produced the results. As Clive said if Hoos ensures that Big Top is built, can turn on it's lights, pays its bills and let punters in, it is not his fault that those who are responsible for organising the show then put on a comedy circus act.

Had Hoos come back to you with any other response than what he did I would have deemed it inappropriate and unprofessional. Whatever is going on within the club to sort out the current football side of the business needs to be undertaken quickly, quietly and professionally as possible and in house until such time as the announcement is ready to be made.

If you really need an answer, I'd say the manage'rs post-match interview at Norwich was a classic case of a man in denial (I wish we'd left HIM on the pitch along with everything else the players didn't), and Hoos' bland statement (CEO or not, unsurprising or not) only ices it with shit!

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 15:41 - Apr 10 with 4228 viewsA40Bosh

Lee Hoos on Clive's Norwich report (via yours truly) on 14:27 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

If you really need an answer, I'd say the manage'rs post-match interview at Norwich was a classic case of a man in denial (I wish we'd left HIM on the pitch along with everything else the players didn't), and Hoos' bland statement (CEO or not, unsurprising or not) only ices it with shit!

Yeah Manger denial I get
But this is about Hoos response not what SM said after a match

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024