Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman to the blades 14:32 - Jun 21 with 38113 viewsGloucs_R

For just £4m???

Surely we'd not let him go that cheaply

Poll: Are we staying up?

Freeman to the blades on 16:13 - Jun 27 with 1409 viewsNed_Kennedys

Freeman to the blades on 15:56 - Jun 27 by aston_hoop

Any excuse to link to the Comet...

https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/stevenage-transfer-news-boro-to-receive-cu

That's got to be rubbish surely? A sell on fee for any transfers AFTER the initial one?
Freeman to the blades on 16:15 - Jun 27 with 1400 viewsBuckR

Freeman to the blades on 15:56 - Jun 27 by aston_hoop

Any excuse to link to the Comet...

https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/stevenage-transfer-news-boro-to-receive-cu

Cant see that being the case. Surely only the club he immediately came from would be entitled to any sell on clause. Stevenage would have had no say in what conract he signed when signing from Brizzle
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 16:52]
Freeman to the blades on 16:16 - Jun 27 with 1389 viewsCamberleyR

Freeman to the blades on 16:13 - Jun 27 by Ned_Kennedys

That's got to be rubbish surely? A sell on fee for any transfers AFTER the initial one?

Exactly what I thought. I don't think The Comet quite grasps how sell on fees work. They're not inherited from the club you've bought a player from. Any sell on for Stevenage would have come out of what Bristol City received for him.

"CometSport understands"
"according to CometSport sources"
"It is believed"

tells you they're guessing or more likely haven't got a fúcking clue.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 16:22]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Freeman to the blades on 16:41 - Jun 27 with 1304 viewsAntti_Heinola

Freeman to the blades on 16:15 - Jun 27 by BuckR

Cant see that being the case. Surely only the club he immediately came from would be entitled to any sell on clause. Stevenage would have had no say in what conract he signed when signing from Brizzle
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 16:52]

I seem to remember this happening before, so pretty sure there is precedent - although not as much as 10%. It's possible, I guess.

Bare bones.

Freeman to the blades on 18:04 - Jun 27 with 1165 viewsdavman

Freeman to the blades on 16:41 - Jun 27 by Antti_Heinola

I seem to remember this happening before, so pretty sure there is precedent - although not as much as 10%. It's possible, I guess.

The only way I would have thought that would work is if the sell on relates to a %age of the money Bristol City makes for him. When we sell on, if City have a sell on, they make more money and I'd guess that Stevenage could claim a %age of that. The transaction is between us and City; I would be extremely surprised if we have to deal with a third party...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024