Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? 22:18 - Nov 27 with 3023 viewsloftboy

Joe needs a break.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 22:20 - Nov 27 with 2657 viewsCamberleyR

Yes,is the short answer.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 22:30 - Nov 27 with 2585 viewsVancouverHoop

Maybe. But the problems run deeper than the goalkeeper. Any new keeper who's inexperienced at this level will have problems given the way our defence is set up. It might have broken Lumley, who had a decent rookie season under his belt, do we really want to repeat the process?
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 22:43 - Nov 27 with 2503 viewsA40Bosh

And then Barnes gets four games as the new messiah then just as quickly goes the way of Ingram, Lumley, Kelly and then Dieng after him and by the end of the season the Under 16 goalies are on the bench.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 22:50 - Nov 27 with 2474 viewsgobbles

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 22:30 - Nov 27 by VancouverHoop

Maybe. But the problems run deeper than the goalkeeper. Any new keeper who's inexperienced at this level will have problems given the way our defence is set up. It might have broken Lumley, who had a decent rookie season under his belt, do we really want to repeat the process?

I don't buy this. Lumley has broken the defence as much as vice versa. As poor as the defence are, Lumley makes so many mistakes and lets in so many cheap goals. Today he was just horrendous, falling over for the first one, the third seemed to go straight through his hands and the last one is something you might forgive a 10-year-old who has forgotten his gloves on a wet day.
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 23:04 - Nov 27 with 2399 viewsHastings_Hoops

We need to cash in on manning in January in order to have some cash to bring in:
- Wells permanently
- A top young League One CB with pace.
- A Premier league loan CB with pace.
We should Recall Dieng, but give Lumley a chance behind the new Defence
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 23:11 - Nov 27 with 2382 viewswombat

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 23:04 - Nov 27 by Hastings_Hoops

We need to cash in on manning in January in order to have some cash to bring in:
- Wells permanently

Dieng is back in Jan , his loan deal was only until jan

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 23:15 - Nov 27 with 2361 viewsgobbles

If Kelly isn't fit, we should give Barnes a go. Else there was no point signing him
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 01:01 - Nov 28 with 2216 viewsThe_Seer

Joe doesn't need a break, he should be booted out of the club. Gormless idiot.
Login to get fewer ads

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 07:48 - Nov 28 with 2080 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng had been averaging 6/10 at Donny. So be realistic with your expectations.

We have 4 young, inexperienced keepers.

Kelly should get the mod for the next 5 games.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:20 - Nov 28 with 2040 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 07:48 - Nov 28 by Gloucs_R

Dieng had been averaging 6/10 at Donny. So be realistic with your expectations.

We have 4 young, inexperienced keepers.

Kelly should get the mod for the next 5 games.

He is still injured for at least a fortnight apparently.
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:42 - Nov 28 with 2007 viewsGloucs_R

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:20 - Nov 28 by CroydonCaptJack

He is still injured for at least a fortnight apparently.

So either Barnes needs to start or we need to recall Dieng and maybe send Lumley the other.

I've never seen Barnes play nor know if he's any good but we simply cannot keep playing Lumley

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:49 - Nov 28 with 1995 viewssmegma

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:42 - Nov 28 by Gloucs_R

So either Barnes needs to start or we need to recall Dieng and maybe send Lumley the other.

I've never seen Barnes play nor know if he's any good but we simply cannot keep playing Lumley

Hardly anyone has seen Barnes OR Dieng play but it doesn't stop people giving opinions on them both. I think the biggest problem is our defence as a unit, not just Lumley. We have no leaders in the team.
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:53 - Nov 28 with 1989 viewsGloucs_R

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:49 - Nov 28 by smegma

Hardly anyone has seen Barnes OR Dieng play but it doesn't stop people giving opinions on them both. I think the biggest problem is our defence as a unit, not just Lumley. We have no leaders in the team.

You've seen Dieng and that is enough for me 😉

Agree about pace and leadership at the back.

However, a championship keeper should be more than able to do the basics which in my opinion is block shots, kick the ball accurately and collect crosses. Lumley has made mistake after mistake after mistake this season. You cannot get away with that in any position for a championship club. so even if the other keepers aren't better, and we need to find out if they are, surely they can't be any worse.

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:56 - Nov 28 with 1978 viewsCamberleyR

Barnes' stats in L2 last season for Colchester :
League:
Played 22
Goals Conceded 26
Clean Sheets 8

Cups:
Played 4
Golas Conceded 8
Clean Sheets 0

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:59 - Nov 28 with 1961 viewssmegma

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:53 - Nov 28 by Gloucs_R

However, a championship keeper should be more than able to do the basics which in my opinion is block shots, kick the ball accurately and collect crosses. Lumley has made mistake after mistake after mistake this season. You cannot get away with that in any position for a championship club. so even if the other keepers aren't better, and we need to find out if they are, surely they can't be any worse.

He hasn't played for us for two seasons.
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:59 - Nov 28 with 1961 viewsLythamR

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 23:04 - Nov 27 by Hastings_Hoops

- Wells permanently

How much do you think we can realistically get for Manning? I am not sure we can get much more than 3m and a sell on clause,
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 10:22 - Nov 28 with 1889 viewsGloucs_R

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:59 - Nov 28 by smegma

He hasn't played for us for two seasons.

Wouldn't you say he at least deserves a chance now? Or would you stick with Joe, knowing he's a liability at the moment?

if you're not going to play him there was absolutely no point in bringing him to the club. We have keepers within the under-23s who could have warmed the bench.

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 13:18 - Nov 28 with 1779 viewssmegma

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 10:22 - Nov 28 by Gloucs_R

Wouldn't you say he at least deserves a chance now? Or would you stick with Joe, knowing he's a liability at the moment?

if you're not going to play him there was absolutely no point in bringing him to the club. We have keepers within the under-23s who could have warmed the bench.

No idea as I havnt seen him play for two years. When he did play for us he was obviously a lot younger and less experienced. He didn't impress me hugely but then a lot of games he had not a lot to do as he played behind a decent defence.

BUT he single handedly ( or double handed) won a game at Billericay a few years ago when he made half a dozen worldie saves. One of the best goalkeeping performances I have ever seen.

I believe 'essextaxiboy' was there that night and he can confirm my opinion.

What I do know is we need to resolve this issue with the defence and keeper situation. Dillon Barnes has only played twice for the u23s and some friendlies. I saw him play for England u20s a year ago alongside Eze and he looks OK so maybe he will play soon.
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 13:19 - Nov 28 with 1771 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 13:18 - Nov 28 by smegma

No idea as I havnt seen him play for two years. When he did play for us he was obviously a lot younger and less experienced. He didn't impress me hugely but then a lot of games he had not a lot to do as he played behind a decent defence.

BUT he single handedly ( or double handed) won a game at Billericay a few years ago when he made half a dozen worldie saves. One of the best goalkeeping performances I have ever seen.

I believe 'essextaxiboy' was there that night and he can confirm my opinion.

What I do know is we need to resolve this issue with the defence and keeper situation. Dillon Barnes has only played twice for the u23s and some friendlies. I saw him play for England u20s a year ago alongside Eze and he looks OK so maybe he will play soon.

Never knew that Barnes was an U-20 International. Good to know.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 14:13 - Nov 28 with 1696 viewsPinnerPaul

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 08:53 - Nov 28 by Gloucs_R

Trouble is those in front of him should be doing the basics as well, but they're not.
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 14:21 - Nov 28 with 1669 viewsDejR_vu

You can’t throw a novice in. I think we need to look for someone who’s got a few miles on the clock, someone who’s been decent at this level but maybe is getting towards the end of his career so won’t be expensive/could be on a free.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 14:25 - Nov 28 with 1656 viewsflynnbo

Can anyone explain exactly what Kelly has done wrong apart from being injured and please don’t say he’s a Scottish keeper?
Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 14:30 - Nov 28 with 1639 viewsdanehoop

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 14:25 - Nov 28 by flynnbo

Can anyone explain exactly what Kelly has done wrong apart from being injured and please don’t say he’s a Scottish keeper?

nothing much, but he is injured and equally has let in goals, albeit not quite in the manner/ratio of the highly talented, but currently out of form Lumley.

Never knowingly understood

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 17:11 - Nov 28 with 1530 viewsA40Bosh

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 14:30 - Nov 28 by danehoop

nothing much, but he is injured and equally has let in goals, albeit not quite in the manner/ratio of the highly talented, but currently out of form Lumley.

I'm not one for throwing a keeper under the bus (here comes the but) but wasn't it two games in a row where Kelly conceded because his starting position was too far forward during a counter attack and then was easily beaten in to his far corner by the attacker shooting straight passed him - because he could not close the attacker player down more as any diving attempt to save it would have been outside the area.

Nothing so far had inspired me before his recent injury but it seems that the more games Lumley starts now his detractors are getting more legitimate evidence of him costing us goals.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 21:43 - Nov 28 with 1341 viewssmegma

Should seny Dieng be recalled in January? on 14:25 - Nov 28 by flynnbo

DId you not know he replaced Lumley THEN got injured ??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024