Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Kick up the Rs (again) 08:02 - Dec 21 with 7183 viewsdavman

Guys, save the "paper media is dead" arguments for somewhere else and try and buy a copy at today's game. Dave is facing threat of his printers stopping because of a debt he owes. No idea how much, but the point is, just buy a copy today maybe in place of the programme.

Irrespective if you think £5 is too much, (it isn't), we need to rally round as it will be a very, very sad day if it has to go.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 17:56 - Dec 22 with 1912 viewsEsox_Lucius

I spoke to Dave this afternoon and mentioned this thread and the love and support for the mag and he said he is deeply grateful to all those who buy the magazine. He also asked me to relay the message that there is no danger of the Mag disappering anytime soon.

The grass is always greener.

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:07 - Dec 22 with 1837 viewsChristchurchhoop

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 09:07 - Dec 22 by SirNose

http://www.akutrs.com/subscriptions/4593974993

Just purchased 5 thank you.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:30 - Dec 22 with 1811 viewsdaveB

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 22:29 - Dec 21 by PunteR

Any reason why it cant be an online thing or even part of this site?

it's complicated and not cheap to do it online, these things can be cracked of course so people could easily get it for free so a printed copy is still the best way for him to do it at the moment.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:30 - Dec 22 with 1811 viewsLblock

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 17:56 - Dec 22 by Esox_Lucius

I spoke to Dave this afternoon and mentioned this thread and the love and support for the mag and he said he is deeply grateful to all those who buy the magazine. He also asked me to relay the message that there is no danger of the Mag disappering anytime soon.

Good to hear..... still glad I got my £20 copy

Good to see the Sherry’s funerals advert still on the back; always makes me laugh that “Rangers till I die” strap line

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 02:52 - Dec 23 with 1678 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 17:56 - Dec 22 by Esox_Lucius

Glad to hear it also.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 07:14 - Dec 23 with 1648 viewsdistortR

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:58 - Dec 21 by connell10

I brought one and gave Dave a mince pie.

I can't keep up with these modern euphemisms.

in all seriousness, best of luck to Dave - top man and a top fanzine.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 10:25 - Dec 23 with 1562 viewsWilloW4

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 07:14 - Dec 23 by distortR

I can't keep up with these modern euphemisms.

in all seriousness, best of luck to Dave - top man and a top fanzine.

Long may AKUTR's continue. I used to write some nonsense in it about a 100 years ago..keep up the great work Dave. I'll have to get my subscription sorted ASAP.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 18:14 - Dec 23 with 1407 viewsBoston

Please buy AKUTR’s...Mr Thomas is too old to get a proper job.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 18:45 - Dec 23 with 1369 viewsThe_Beast1976

Used to love the 'bumper' editions (think they were usually at xmas or end of season).

Anyway, great mag. When I was a teenager in the early 90s, a new edition of AKUTRS being on sale on matchday was usually the highlight of that particular week. I have a copy of most editions from 90-95. Some cracking front pages.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 21:41 - Dec 23 with 1217 viewsqueensparker

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 00:45 - Dec 22 by PunteR

There has to be more money to make online than selling outside football grounds surely. ? Instagram, FB,Twitter .. no one reads paper magazines anymore. Even the JW'S have gone online now. Those Watchtowers can be downloaded..

Unfortunately there isn’t. I’m in that game and it’s no joke to say that if Dave put everything online and the same amount of people read it he’d probably make about a tenner in revenue an issue. Keep buying the paper product!

The only people that make money out of internet publishing are the American giants (Google and Facebook take 80% of all digital advertising revenue, just those two companies) and other massive middlemen and platforms.

Or if you’ve got massive massive traffic like the daily papers or Lad Bible or someone like that you might make a few million, but you’ll have to work your bollocks off every single day to keep the traffic up which will mean profits are minimal.

Or you could be someone like the Financial Times who have information people are willing to pay for (which The Athletic are making a good go of)

Or you could be a dignity-free attention whore willing to upload hours of footage of yourself talking absolute bolox to YouTube every week and take money to punt whatever you’re asked to, from fake vitamin pills to betting companies to holidays in Saudi Arabia.

It’s a pretty bleak picture for everyone else online.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024