Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bus stop in Hounslow 18:58 - Jan 11 with 20223 viewskingo

The soppy TW ats seem to think it is something to be proud of.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Bus stop in Hounslow on 13:50 - Jan 13 with 2614 viewsNewBee

Bus stop in Hounslow on 13:03 - Jan 13 by smegma

Have you not been reading anything on here ?? Many of us are saying how well Brentford are run, how the recruitment policy should be used as a template for many clubs but some people employed by the club are an embarrassment to the club.

I have read - and appreciated - all of that. Which is why I haven't felt the need to respond.

Unlike the comments by those who don't consider QPR and Bees to be true "local rivals". It's a difference of opinion on a Message Board, that's all.
Bus stop in Hounslow on 13:59 - Jan 13 with 2587 viewsNewBee

Bus stop in Hounslow on 13:24 - Jan 13 by ParkRoyalR

New Bee does your keenest to establish a rivalry with us stem from living in Olympia in the 80's and being a Chelsea fan?

There is no other explanation to being in walking distance from two of the best players to leave your hometown of Belfast in the 80's, yet you chose not to pick your English team til you moved to Ealing.

I know Chelsea's a bit trumpy to get in these days, but come on, we're not like the yanks, you can't just change your team every time you change your postcode!

When I first moved, I took the opportunity of visiting a lot of grounds and not just in London, either - a bit of a ground hopper in fact. Bees eventually took my fancy, that's all really.

As for Big Mac and Ian Stewart etc, my all time favourite NI player is Pat Jennings, but I never became a Gooner at that time either, nor Man U for Whiteside, McIlroy, Nicholl or (ahem) Wee Dee McCreery.

And I'd sooner chew my own arm off than support Chelsea. Anyhow, it's not really about me, is it and since the game is now well over, I'll leave it there until the next time the two teams meet.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 14:02]
Bus stop in Hounslow on 14:26 - Jan 13 with 2524 viewsParkRoyalR

Bus stop in Hounslow on 13:59 - Jan 13 by NewBee

When I first moved, I took the opportunity of visiting a lot of grounds and not just in London, either - a bit of a ground hopper in fact. Bees eventually took my fancy, that's all really.

As for Big Mac and Ian Stewart etc, my all time favourite NI player is Pat Jennings, but I never became a Gooner at that time either, nor Man U for Whiteside, McIlroy, Nicholl or (ahem) Wee Dee McCreery.

And I'd sooner chew my own arm off than support Chelsea. Anyhow, it's not really about me, is it and since the game is now well over, I'll leave it there until the next time the two teams meet.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 14:02]

Sounds a fairly nomadic existence until you eventually came across the delights of Griffin Park.

I used to go with a school friend to GP as moral support in the late 80's when the R's were away, you could pick a stand for yourself and while away the hours in serene tranquillity.

Can't quite see the appeal of watching the likes of Bob Booker in silence over the Arsenal and QPR teams of that era, but suppose Brentford has always attracted odd types, hence Billy the Bellend's hero like status.
Bus stop in Hounslow on 14:32 - Jan 13 with 2496 viewsLunarJetman

Strange one this.

My Grandad (QPR) and his brother (Brentford) used to work on Saturdays and then go and watch whoever was at home out of QPR and Brentford throughout the late 40s/50s/60s.

I never heard any mention of any rivalry and I grew up with Brentford being almost a second team. Never went but would always look out for them.

Then when we dropped down into the same league as Brentford and played them for the first time in about 35 years I went along to their place and found out there was this great animosity towards us. Well to be fair it seemed more that the guy on the mic hated us and was trying to whip up the crowd in the same way. I think he burst into song at half time on his own...

Since then, they seem to get very animated about us so my feelings towards them have effectively lessened to the point where I no longer care about them.

That's what most puzzles me out of this supposed rivalry on their side. Not sure it ever really existed, at least not from our side. Seems to have been whipped by this one guy on their side with no real explanation other than some merger 50 odd years ago that was nothing to do with the fans...
Bus stop in Hounslow on 16:04 - Jan 13 with 2414 viewskingo

Bus stop in Hounslow on 14:32 - Jan 13 by LunarJetman

Strange one this.

My Grandad (QPR) and his brother (Brentford) used to work on Saturdays and then go and watch whoever was at home out of QPR and Brentford throughout the late 40s/50s/60s.

I never heard any mention of any rivalry and I grew up with Brentford being almost a second team. Never went but would always look out for them.

Then when we dropped down into the same league as Brentford and played them for the first time in about 35 years I went along to their place and found out there was this great animosity towards us. Well to be fair it seemed more that the guy on the mic hated us and was trying to whip up the crowd in the same way. I think he burst into song at half time on his own...

Since then, they seem to get very animated about us so my feelings towards them have effectively lessened to the point where I no longer care about them.

That's what most puzzles me out of this supposed rivalry on their side. Not sure it ever really existed, at least not from our side. Seems to have been whipped by this one guy on their side with no real explanation other than some merger 50 odd years ago that was nothing to do with the fans...

Yes that is about right and that is Peter Gilham. Apart from doing the mike, he was behind all the petty anti QPR stuff from their club on Saturday.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 16:50]

Bus stop in Hounslow on 17:55 - Jan 13 with 2341 viewsQPR_John

Bus stop in Hounslow on 16:04 - Jan 13 by kingo

Yes that is about right and that is Peter Gilham. Apart from doing the mike, he was behind all the petty anti QPR stuff from their club on Saturday.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 16:50]

Surely if this Peter Gilham is an employee of Brentford then under FL rules he should not be making disparaging remarks over the mike about the opposition. Has there not been cases in the pass when the announcer has been cautioned.
Bus stop in Hounslow on 18:11 - Jan 13 with 2265 viewsThe_Seer

Bus stop in Hounslow on 19:52 - Jan 11 by Ned_Kennedys

TV commentator said the stadium announcer refuses to ever say the name QPR. Silly old goat.

Soon he won't have to refuse saying QPR, the way they are going the announcer will soon be saying Brenford v Chelsea.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 18:13]
Bus stop in Hounslow on 18:12 - Jan 13 with 2297 viewsNortholt_Rs

Bus stop in Hounslow on 18:11 - Jan 13 by The_Seer

Soon he won't have to refuse saying QPR, the way they are going the announcer will soon be saying Brenford v Chelsea.

Brentfart scum

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Bus stop in Hounslow on 18:14 - Jan 13 with 2253 viewsThe_Seer

Bus stop in Hounslow on 18:12 - Jan 13 by Northolt_Rs

Brentfart scum

The truth hurts doesn't it....
Bus stop in Hounslow on 18:49 - Jan 13 with 2258 viewskingo

Time to get back on the 237

Bus stop in Hounslow on 19:18 - Jan 13 with 2213 viewssmegma

Bus stop in Hounslow on 17:55 - Jan 13 by QPR_John

Surely if this Peter Gilham is an employee of Brentford then under FL rules he should not be making disparaging remarks over the mike about the opposition. Has there not been cases in the pass when the announcer has been cautioned.

The clubs media twitter feed on Saturday tweeted "substitution for the visitors" . Then someone from the 'beesfanmedia' team wrote " these Derby days really mean a lot to Peter Gilham, glad the team could seal the 3 points for him, not even given the respect of their name. Mr Brentford FC you're a treasure'.

So the club condone the childish f*ckwits behaviour. If he was a teenager you could understand it to a degree but he's about 70 ffs.
Bus stop in Hounslow on 19:21 - Jan 13 with 2205 viewscolinallcars

This animosity between Rs and Bs fans is relatively new. I have mates who support the Bs and give me a bit of lighthearted stick when they beat us. I produced a piece of paper in the pub last night and read them a list of the calibre of players who've appeared for us........Marsh, Bowles, Venables, Francis and of course loads more! No answer to that !
Bus stop in Hounslow on 19:31 - Jan 13 with 2188 viewssmegma

And he'll then invent a rivalry and all his sycophantic divs will go along with it.
Bus stop in Hounslow on 19:46 - Jan 13 with 2112 viewsThe_Seer

Bus stop in Hounslow on 19:31 - Jan 13 by smegma

And he'll then invent a rivalry and all his sycophantic divs will go along with it.

Like we do?

Chelsea fans laugh at our one sided rivalry. The ones who still remember who we are... We are not even their local rivals, Fulham are their local rivals.
Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:30 - Jan 13 with 2057 viewsWLNO1

Fair play to Brentford, we need to realise we have a well run superior bogey team and the bread man will be found out against them time after time.
Going forward we will do well to try and implement some of their business and football ethos.

Brentford don’t really class us as a rival , Fulham are the main rivals they hate the most it’s a bit embarrassing we constantly mention them , please close the thread
Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:53 - Jan 13 with 2008 viewskingo

Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:30 - Jan 13 by WLNO1

Fair play to Brentford, we need to realise we have a well run superior bogey team and the bread man will be found out against them time after time.
Going forward we will do well to try and implement some of their business and football ethos.

Brentford don’t really class us as a rival , Fulham are the main rivals they hate the most it’s a bit embarrassing we constantly mention them , please close the thread

You obviously didn’t go on Saturday.

Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:55 - Jan 13 with 1995 viewsRangersw12

Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:53 - Jan 13 by kingo

He's another Brentford div

There seems to be more Brentford fans in this thread than they take to W12
Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:55 - Jan 13 with 1994 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:53 - Jan 13 by kingo

It's another Brentford WUM, Kingo.

I'll be putting him on ignore as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bus stop in Hounslow on 21:28 - Jan 13 with 1925 viewskingo

Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:55 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

It's another Brentford WUM, Kingo.

I'll be putting him on ignore as well.

👍

Bus stop in Hounslow on 21:28 - Jan 13 with 1922 viewsNortholt_Rs

Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:55 - Jan 13 by Rangersw12

A lot more.... dopey cùnts

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Bus stop in Hounslow on 21:31 - Jan 13 with 1906 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bus stop in Hounslow on 18:12 - Jan 13 by Northolt_Rs

Brentfart scum

Time for the rarely used but ever-reliable Block User button, I feel.
Bus stop in Hounslow on 21:39 - Jan 13 with 1889 viewsstowmarketrange

Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:55 - Jan 13 by Rangersw12

I bet they all had a good laugh about posting on our board at assembly today.
Bus stop in Hounslow on 09:11 - Jan 14 with 1651 viewsMick_S

Bus stop in Hounslow on 21:39 - Jan 13 by stowmarketrange

I bet they all had a good laugh about posting on our board at assembly today.

Along with the kids.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Bus stop in Hounslow on 18:01 - Jan 14 with 1400 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Here's a new song to replace 'Bus stop in Hounslow'. Sung to Ultravox's Vienna:

The feeling has gone, only you not I
It means nothing to me
This means nothing to me
Oh Brentford
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 18:16]
Bus stop in Hounslow on 20:21 - Jan 14 with 1291 viewsGriffin

Bus stop in Hounslow on 19:21 - Jan 13 by colinallcars

This animosity between Rs and Bs fans is relatively new. I have mates who support the Bs and give me a bit of lighthearted stick when they beat us. I produced a piece of paper in the pub last night and read them a list of the calibre of players who've appeared for us........Marsh, Bowles, Venables, Francis and of course loads more! No answer to that !

Great players in their time, but surely that just highlights your demise, and clinging on to the past shows how unhappy you are with the present, comments like that just make BEES supporters smile. As does the the first post wondering why we return your bus stop jibe. Don't you realise you were/are losing to that insignificant bus stop, which makes you even smaller and more insignificant???, think about it. We regularily also refer to ourselves tongue in cheek as Spartak Hounslow, we really can ride your efforts to deminish us.

Oh I know you'll counter this with postcodes, but we are in the London Borough of Hounslow and Middx doesn't exist anymore.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 20:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024