Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze is magic!! 23:20 - Feb 25 with 8686 viewsconnell10

What a f ucking player this boy is he was quite literally unplayable in the 2nd half!! Oh how I would love for us to build a promotion pushing team around him next season!! Love him , best player we have had since Adel!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eze is magic!! on 23:02 - Feb 26 with 1400 viewsHunterhoop

Eze is magic!! on 21:31 - Feb 26 by joolsyp

I called him out on the match thread for pulling out of a 50:50 tackle - maybe it was the same incident? He only did it once but at the time it annoyed me because it was an important part of the game, we lost possession and it could have been dangerous. Here's the thing - I love watching him, he's supremely gifted, we are lucky to have him with us. I desperately want him to succeed and go on to play for a top 6 side, and who knows possibly England one day (or Nigeria). But in order to do that there are aspects of his game that need improving - 50:50 tackles, tracking back sometimes, giving the ball away in dangerous situations. Maybe it's that I have such high expectations for him that I'm being unfair and I'm over-exaggerating the extent to which he does these things? After all Bowles, Marsh and pre-Benfica Adel were not known for their tackling or tracking back. But the modern game requires defending from the front and I think in order for Ebs to be the complete player he has the potential to be, he does need to work on these aspects of his game.

No, It doesn’t and they did not. Paul Scholes couldn’t tackle. Gary Linekar never closed down or tracked back. Pele and Messi have never worked hard off the ball.

If Eze was a terrier AND as good and dynamic as he is when we’re in possession, not only would he not be at QPR, he’d be a footballing freak. He’d have to cover 25km a game!

Name me one player who is technically gifted who works like Jamie Mackie?!

Eze works as hard as any good or great no. 10 currently or in the past.

He will lose out in 50:50s! The nature of that description indicates he’ll lose out half the bloody time! But he can do things other players can’t, 1:99.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 23:11]
Eze is magic!! on 23:03 - Feb 26 with 1400 viewsconnell10

Eze is magic!! on 21:31 - Feb 26 by joolsyp

I called him out on the match thread for pulling out of a 50:50 tackle - maybe it was the same incident? He only did it once but at the time it annoyed me because it was an important part of the game, we lost possession and it could have been dangerous. Here's the thing - I love watching him, he's supremely gifted, we are lucky to have him with us. I desperately want him to succeed and go on to play for a top 6 side, and who knows possibly England one day (or Nigeria). But in order to do that there are aspects of his game that need improving - 50:50 tackles, tracking back sometimes, giving the ball away in dangerous situations. Maybe it's that I have such high expectations for him that I'm being unfair and I'm over-exaggerating the extent to which he does these things? After all Bowles, Marsh and pre-Benfica Adel were not known for their tackling or tracking back. But the modern game requires defending from the front and I think in order for Ebs to be the complete player he has the potential to be, he does need to work on these aspects of his game.

Who wants to watch tracking back or tackling ? I wanna see nutmegs and flicks, the sort of stuff that gets ya outta ya seat!

Eze is magic!! on 23:23 - Feb 26 with 1375 viewskensalriser

Eze is magic!! on 12:41 - Feb 26 by A40Bosh

When he is at his best the only way I describe his movement is that he appears to ice skate down the pitch. He doesn't appear to move very quickly but it is deceptive and he covers ground quickly and dances and changes direction with such eze (sic) that within 2 secs he disappears from the two opposition players closing him down.

Is it that at times he has a really long stride combined with immaculate control of the ball which means that when he turns his man and cuts inside, he is gone before they even can react to his turn.

I brought a mate with me from work last night who is from Derby and he was super impressed with Eze in the 2nd half and he of course he was less impressed with the current Derby set form he has been seeing.

On a side note it must be difficult for Rooney to be at his best with his split role at Derby which means he has to spend the game being a player, a coach and the Referee's Assistant every game.

Love the way you phrased this. It’s just what I was thinking last night.

The lazy stich was widely held among our own until quite recently (and still is by some going on the above) but it’s because people aren’t watching in the right way. Eze has a deceptively languid style because he has almost balletic movement and such close ball control. I’ve never seen anyone turn the way he does, he literally dances around players and leaves them two paces behind before they’ve realised what just happened. Unlike Bright, It’s just not his game to kick it and run.

I actually feel a bit sorry for people who don’t understand his talent because it’s such a rarity at qpr we should savour every moment.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze is magic!! on 23:29 - Feb 26 with 1372 viewsconnell10

Eze is magic!! on 23:23 - Feb 26 by kensalriser

The lazy stich was widely held among our own until quite recently (and still is by some going on the above) but it’s because people aren’t watching in the right way. Eze has a deceptively languid style because he has almost balletic movement and such close ball control. I’ve never seen anyone turn the way he does, he literally dances around players and leaves them two paces behind before they’ve realised what just happened. Unlike Bright, It’s just not his game to kick it and run.

I actually feel a bit sorry for people who don’t understand his talent because it’s such a rarity at qpr we should savour every moment.

Spot on make , it is almost like ballet when he plays!

Eze is magic!! on 13:45 - Feb 27 with 1268 viewsNorthantsHoop

Eze a joy to watch, one of the best players I have seen in my 45 years following our great club.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 13:47]
Eze is magic!! on 14:13 - Feb 27 with 1221 viewsTacticalR

Eze is magic!! on 23:23 - Feb 26 by kensalriser

They see but they do not understand.

Air hostess clique

Eze is magic!! on 14:19 - Feb 27 with 1209 viewsMick_S

Eze is magic!! on 14:13 - Feb 27 by TacticalR

They see but they do not understand.

I've never liked the "we've got (name) just don't think you understand" song, because I normally do understand that you have (name) but it actually is relevant to Eze. Still being called lazy, and whatever else, by those that see him once or twice a year? They are not getting it - we are very lucky.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 14:19]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Eze is magic!! on 12:48 - Feb 28 with 1040 viewsfrancisbowles

Eze is magic!! on 23:02 - Feb 26 by Hunterhoop

No, It doesn’t and they did not. Paul Scholes couldn’t tackle. Gary Linekar never closed down or tracked back. Pele and Messi have never worked hard off the ball.

If Eze was a terrier AND as good and dynamic as he is when we’re in possession, not only would he not be at QPR, he’d be a footballing freak. He’d have to cover 25km a game!

Name me one player who is technically gifted who works like Jamie Mackie?!

Eze works as hard as any good or great no. 10 currently or in the past.

He will lose out in 50:50s! The nature of that description indicates he’ll lose out half the bloody time! But he can do things other players can’t, 1:99.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 23:11]

Spot on Hunter. A 46 game season isn't possible for injured players. I don't mind him avoiding injury as by not missing minutes or games he is able to give so much more.

Anyway, he does head, tackle and track back just he is not Gareth Ainsworth he is Ebere Eze.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze is magic!! on 14:01 - Feb 28 with 980 viewsStatesideRanger

Eze is magic!! on 14:19 - Feb 27 by Mick_S

I've never liked the "we've got (name) just don't think you understand" song, because I normally do understand that you have (name) but it actually is relevant to Eze. Still being called lazy, and whatever else, by those that see him once or twice a year? They are not getting it - we are very lucky.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 14:19]

Well said Mick. He has surely shaken off the lazy tag,and runs his socks off most every match. Back to the OP, he IS definitely the best player we've had since Adel. Really going to cherish these last eleven matches we get to watch him in the hoops!
Eze is magic!! on 14:11 - Feb 28 with 966 viewsNorthantsHoop

I enjoy watching Eze at every home game. He is just pure class and getting better. He is a lot stronger on the ball this season and I think he puts in a defensive shift, when needed.

Watching the magic 3 of Eze, BOS and Chair a joy in blue and white hoops.
Eze is magic!! on 14:42 - Feb 28 with 936 viewsingeminate

Eze is magic!! on 14:11 - Feb 28 by NorthantsHoop

I enjoy watching Eze at every home game. He is just pure class and getting better. He is a lot stronger on the ball this season and I think he puts in a defensive shift, when needed.

Watching the magic 3 of Eze, BOS and Chair a joy in blue and white hoops.

Eze seems to really resent being tackled, so often if he's half bundled off the ball and it looks like he's lost it, he somehow wins it back ans off he goes again.

Been said a lot here, but in full flow when he has a man to beat it's pretty much a formality, they don't stand a chance, it's men against boys stuff.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Eze is magic!! on 17:19 - Feb 28 with 859 viewsPommyhoop

I'm gonna call this before someone else does.

The kid is an absolute ringer for The Shu A Dow from only fools........
That's homage mate, not a dis by any stretch /
LUV Him...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Eze is magic!! on 17:22 - Feb 28 with 852 viewsW7Ranger

Eze is magic!! on 17:19 - Feb 28 by Pommyhoop

I'm gonna call this before someone else does.

The kid is an absolute ringer for The Shu A Dow from only fools........
That's homage mate, not a dis by any stretch /
LUV Him...

Don't you mean Bos?
Eze is magic!! on 18:33 - Feb 28 with 783 viewsBucksRanger

Eze is magic!! on 18:39 - Feb 28 with 767 viewsPommyhoop

You Know it Bucks.. Put a likle dread on ShuADow an tell me I'm wrong...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024