Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very Championship indeed - Report 21:40 - Mar 1 with 4063 viewsNorthernr

Very Championship indeed - Report 1st Mar 2020 21:31
All the good of QPR that makes you look forward to seeing them play this season, and all the bad that holds them back, was on show in an entertaining 2-2 draw with Birmingham City on Saturday. 11

Very Championship indeed - Report on 10:56 - Mar 4 with 585 viewsPinnerPaul

Very Championship indeed - Report on 19:05 - Mar 3 by terryb

I'd rather not!

Offsides were given against players laying injured. Interfeering with play? Like hell they were! Yes, Clive White! I'm still bitter!

The worst one I can recall was Arsenal being given a free kick for offside against the corner taker. He took the corner & didn't move while the drfenders ran forward & an attacker headed the ball into the goal. Arsenal asked & were given the offside! Interfeering? Definitely not, but that's how the game was refereed! He was in front of the ball & only had one opponent between him & the goal. That ws more than good enough for them to give it!

I agree Terry. There's a one of our games from the 70s where we have a goal disallowed because Rodney Marsh watched the ball go in the net while standing in an offside position - nowhere near the ball of course!

The other one was when Phil Parkes scored direct from from a kick from his hands and it was disallowed because one of our players was standing 2 yards over the halfway line as the ball sailed over his head!

Don't want to go back to those days!
Very Championship indeed - Report on 11:03 - Mar 4 with 573 viewsfrancisbowles

Very Championship indeed - Report on 10:56 - Mar 4 by PinnerPaul

I agree Terry. There's a one of our games from the 70s where we have a goal disallowed because Rodney Marsh watched the ball go in the net while standing in an offside position - nowhere near the ball of course!

The other one was when Phil Parkes scored direct from from a kick from his hands and it was disallowed because one of our players was standing 2 yards over the halfway line as the ball sailed over his head!

Don't want to go back to those days!

Remember that one Pinner, Danny Westwood. A really windy day against Leicester. I think we won 4-2 and Westwood got his head on another one of Parksey's long kicks to score his one and only QPR goal. All from memory, so hope it's correct.
Very Championship indeed - Report on 13:00 - Mar 4 with 529 viewsHayesender

Very Championship indeed - Report on 00:09 - Mar 3 by CLAREMAN1995

I watched the Everton goal from every angle and listened to all the opinions so its pretty clear the VAR Ref got it terribly wrong.The United keeper was not even trying for it he was so badly wrongfooted and it should have been the winner.
Sending the manager off in the handshake line was rubbish too he should have told him to move away instead IMO

Saw it on match of the day, and imo Ian Wright was spot on (nurse) when he said Sighurdsson had plenty of time to get up and get back onside.

All well and good blaming the officials, VAR etc, but players need to take a bit more responsibility as well

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Very Championship indeed - Report on 13:11 - Mar 4 with 515 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Very Championship indeed - Report on 15:25 - Mar 3 by stowmarketrange

To be fair that is the only time so far that I’ve had any grief and I do enjoy the games normally.Next year she goes to women’s football and I’ve heard that some of the players moan a lot more than I’m used to,but it still isn’t a patch on men’s or boys football.
I also ran the line at a women’s game on Sunday and it was a lot more competitive than the U18’s I normally do and they weren’t bottling any challenges.
I do think it might be good if some of the subs ran the line occasionally though as it might them some idea of what the linesmen actually do.
It is getting harder to keep up with the players when they are running at full pelt though.But I can normally walk again by Tuesday now so I must be getting fitter.

I used to nearly always run the line for my lads games. It was amazing just how many Dads turned up just after the whistle went to start the game.

The worst stick I got was from the assistant manager of our own team though. I ignored it the first time but when he said something else I threw the flag down in front of him and said 'You f**king do it then' There was no one else that side of the pitch to do it so he had too. Funnily enough he never criticised my offsides again
Very Championship indeed - Report on 14:55 - Mar 4 with 477 viewsPinnerPaul

Very Championship indeed - Report on 13:11 - Mar 4 by CroydonCaptJack

I used to nearly always run the line for my lads games. It was amazing just how many Dads turned up just after the whistle went to start the game.

The worst stick I got was from the assistant manager of our own team though. I ignored it the first time but when he said something else I threw the flag down in front of him and said 'You f**king do it then' There was no one else that side of the pitch to do it so he had too. Funnily enough he never criticised my offsides again

Yes that's a common problem.

When I used to referee youth games and the managers tried to get Dads to run the line - you used to get the old 'injury'excuse and my favourite 'I don't know the rules (sic)'

Funny how when the game started EVERYONE knew the 'rules' and were keen to tell me and the poor Dad who DID volunteer where we were going wrong!
Very Championship indeed - Report on 23:25 - Mar 6 with 362 viewsqprxtc

That sums it up to me. And also is true at the same time. Entertain me. We are never going to win anything again probably.

I only watch football because of QPR. And QPR is all I watch. We are a historically very average team. When we do well.

Don’t bore me. Rangers are never going to be a winning trophies club. Ever. Don’t give me boring, shit football. Entertain me. That’s QPR. That 40 minutes v Luton, again and a lot.

Football is a great game played well. It’s a mind numbing load of old festering puppy entrails when not. Just entertain and see what happens.

It’ll do my liver some good too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024