Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boozers 16:04 - Jun 29 with 9264 viewscolinallcars

Pubs allowed to reopen July 4th, what plans have we all ? It seems none of my favourite pubs are due to reopen any time soon.
I had an email from Fullers with a list of pubs due to open, mostly large ones obviously.
We are all used to queueing outside shops but of course the queue moves quickly. Will people be queueing outside pubs at opening time ? Most people spend an hour or two in a pub, so we could be outside for ages.😦
Boozers on 15:05 - Jul 6 with 1750 viewsJuzzie

Boozers on 08:32 - Jul 5 by hamptonhillhoop

i went to the Beech House, Hampton Hill

That's next door to the Little Gym where I take (or I used to until it locked down) my boy for his gymnastics!
Boozers on 16:55 - Jul 6 with 1673 viewsDevon_4_England

Boozers on 14:57 - Jul 6 by colinallcars

There's a tiny little pub in that vicinity almost down to the river near Garrick Lawn. It's called the Jolly Coopers. I've been past it loads of times but never went in. Any idea what it's like and if it's open ?

The Coopers is alright, I haven’t been in for a while.

Round the corner from Hampton & Richmond FC
Boozers on 17:52 - Jul 6 with 1629 viewsqpr_1968

Boozers on 14:57 - Jul 6 by colinallcars

There's a tiny little pub in that vicinity almost down to the river near Garrick Lawn. It's called the Jolly Coopers. I've been past it loads of times but never went in. Any idea what it's like and if it's open ?

been chilling out on Garrick lawn most of the lock down, lovely little spot when you've got the weather.
the pub behind across the road is not bad, got an upstairs bar when busy, found it alright in there, don't know what it'll be like post lockdown.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Boozers on 18:39 - Jul 6 with 1599 viewsHunterhoop

Boozers on 16:55 - Jul 6 by Devon_4_England

The Coopers is alright, I haven’t been in for a while.

Round the corner from Hampton & Richmond FC

You know that pub used to be the regular for the Chelsea headhunters?

Me and a mate ended up doing a little pub crawl around Hampton years ago and we found ourselves in there with just another group of about 10 fairly rough looking fellas in suits. Turned out they included that Jason fella who was put away after the Macintyre investigative journo tv show, and this lot were all celebrating his release. We were the only other group in there and he came over and ended up speaking with us (more like at us) for over and hour. He was exactly as you would think. Lenny Pidgeley’s Dad was in there, pissed off his face. Whole pub went quiet when Jason asked who I supported and I told him QPR and that I hated Chelsea. This was in my more reckless days. He loved it. Burst out laughing, slapped me on the back and carried on regaling is with tales of doing over certain sets of fans. He was obviously on his best behaviour, and the two of us were clearly not that intimidating.

Found out later they’d been using that pub for years. I’d grown up in the area and never knew!
Boozers on 18:40 - Jul 6 with 1597 viewscolinallcars

Boozers on 16:08 - Jun 29 by qpr_1968

i'm hoping the two at Teddington lock are open, planning on a nice walk from kew bridge in a couple of weeks time.....

Anglers and Tide Cottage both open, had to go down Twickenham Rd today, so popped across to check. Couldn't have a pint as I had the motor and it's all residents' parking round there.
Boozers on 19:00 - Jul 6 with 1576 viewsqpr_1968

Boozers on 18:40 - Jul 6 by colinallcars

Anglers and Tide Cottage both open, had to go down Twickenham Rd today, so popped across to check. Couldn't have a pint as I had the motor and it's all residents' parking round there.

nice one

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Boozers on 19:37 - Jul 6 with 1536 viewsBlackCrowe

Will def pop down Tide for a couple at some point in the next week. Will give the Anglers a swerve though...served a purpose when kids were small but the slow indifferent service behind the bar has wound me up once too often. plus it describes itself as Modern Rustic, what the fvck.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Boozers on 20:47 - Jul 6 with 1490 viewsTacticalR

Boozers on 10:17 - Jul 5 by DannyPaddox

After saying I wouldn’t go any where near pubs or bars this weekend I got a call almost immediately after finishing a four mile run Saturday so not long after midday there I was (still in my running gear) in a Portobello Road gin-joint drinking something called Stiff Lip IPA. Have to say it was special to drink a cold pint out of a glass in a licensed establishment amongst the company of friends. Will be back by the River today though drowning my football sorrows like kittens in a bucket of Leffe Bruin (currently on special offer at Lidl)

Was that down the bottom end of Portobello Road? I walked through there a couple of weeks ago and there were quite a lot of people drinking around the junction of Talbot Road and Portobello Road.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Boozers on 11:33 - Jul 7 with 1369 viewsDevon_4_England

Boozers on 18:39 - Jul 6 by Hunterhoop

You know that pub used to be the regular for the Chelsea headhunters?

Me and a mate ended up doing a little pub crawl around Hampton years ago and we found ourselves in there with just another group of about 10 fairly rough looking fellas in suits. Turned out they included that Jason fella who was put away after the Macintyre investigative journo tv show, and this lot were all celebrating his release. We were the only other group in there and he came over and ended up speaking with us (more like at us) for over and hour. He was exactly as you would think. Lenny Pidgeley’s Dad was in there, pissed off his face. Whole pub went quiet when Jason asked who I supported and I told him QPR and that I hated Chelsea. This was in my more reckless days. He loved it. Burst out laughing, slapped me on the back and carried on regaling is with tales of doing over certain sets of fans. He was obviously on his best behaviour, and the two of us were clearly not that intimidating.

Found out later they’d been using that pub for years. I’d grown up in the area and never knew!

Yeah they were all over Hampton. Jenny Lind did a nice Sunday roast back in the day
Boozers on 11:47 - Jul 7 with 1342 viewsOutWestR

Boozers on 11:33 - Jul 7 by Devon_4_England

Yeah they were all over Hampton. Jenny Lind did a nice Sunday roast back in the day

Used to go to the Jenny every Friday lunchtime when I worked in an office round the corner. Place used to be packed and a two hour lunch was common then. Back when it was almost compulsory to go to the pub every Friday.
Also used to drink in the Rising Sun, mainly because Huey the old landlord used to turn a blind eye to us 16 year olds drinking there. I remember the Valiant Knight, Duke of Clarence, the Windmill, the White Hart and the one by the open air pool, the name escapes me.
If you started at the White Hart, you could go to something like eight pubs up to the Roebuck.
Boozers on 12:38 - Jul 7 with 1293 viewsDannyPaddox

Boozers on 20:47 - Jul 6 by TacticalR

Was that down the bottom end of Portobello Road? I walked through there a couple of weeks ago and there were quite a lot of people drinking around the junction of Talbot Road and Portobello Road.

Yes that’s the one. A couple of doors along from Rough Trade. The gin place may have well have been open all lockdown for all I know. I tend to gravitate toward the Bush or the river.
Boozers on 14:34 - Jul 7 with 1208 viewsDevon_4_England

Boozers on 11:47 - Jul 7 by OutWestR

Used to go to the Jenny every Friday lunchtime when I worked in an office round the corner. Place used to be packed and a two hour lunch was common then. Back when it was almost compulsory to go to the pub every Friday.
Also used to drink in the Rising Sun, mainly because Huey the old landlord used to turn a blind eye to us 16 year olds drinking there. I remember the Valiant Knight, Duke of Clarence, the Windmill, the White Hart and the one by the open air pool, the name escapes me.
If you started at the White Hart, you could go to something like eight pubs up to the Roebuck.

Worked in Hampton Hill then Teddington from 2000 - 2007 and was a good time for lunchtime drinking.

Everyone had the distinctive ‘Jenny smell’ upon returning to work for the afternoon.
Boozers on 14:58 - Jul 7 with 1181 viewsBoston

Boozers on 12:38 - Jul 7 by DannyPaddox

Yes that’s the one. A couple of doors along from Rough Trade. The gin place may have well have been open all lockdown for all I know. I tend to gravitate toward the Bush or the river.

Not having knowledge of modem day Portobello Rd - this Rough Trade is located where?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boozers on 15:01 - Jul 7 with 1176 viewsBoston

Boozers on 14:58 - Jul 7 by Boston

Not having knowledge of modem day Portobello Rd - this Rough Trade is located where?

...the one I often could be found in was on Kensington Park Rd.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boozers on 15:39 - Jul 7 with 1151 viewskensalriser

Boozers on 14:58 - Jul 7 by Boston

North side of Talbot Rd, a few doors up from the lane. Been there quite a long time, well over 20 years I'd say.

Edit: couldn't help but check, moved to that location 1982!
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 15:41]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Boozers on 21:10 - Jul 7 with 1077 viewshamptonhillhoop

Boozers on 11:47 - Jul 7 by OutWestR

Its changed quite a bit I'm afraid. The Rising Sun is now a cafe, the Windmill, White Hart and the one by the open air pool (where i celebrated my 40th) have all gone as has the Jenny Lind (now a KFC). The Clarence is still there, but now The Bloated Mallard
Boozers on 07:45 - Jul 8 with 993 viewsDrewster

Boozers on 19:37 - Jul 6 by BlackCrowe

Will def pop down Tide for a couple at some point in the next week. Will give the Anglers a swerve though...served a purpose when kids were small but the slow indifferent service behind the bar has wound me up once too often. plus it describes itself as Modern Rustic, what the fvck.

Tide End is a great little pub, been there for Christmas Day lunch for the last 3 years. James and his team are great hosts
Boozers on 08:37 - Jul 8 with 970 viewsDevon_4_England

Boozers on 19:37 - Jul 6 by BlackCrowe

Big refurb at the Anglers in recent years but the kitchen is still tiny and not fit for purpose when it get’s busy.

Nice pub when not rammed. Good to see the Tide has some admirers on here.
Boozers on 09:09 - Jul 8 with 952 viewscolinallcars

Boozers on 08:37 - Jul 8 by Devon_4_England

Big refurb at the Anglers in recent years but the kitchen is still tiny and not fit for purpose when it get’s busy.

Nice pub when not rammed. Good to see the Tide has some admirers on here.

I quite like the Mason's, not a million miles from the Angler's and the Tide. Haven't been in there for a few years though.
Hope that if and when things get back to normal, I'll do a crawl around Teddington.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024