Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why bother 21:08 - Jul 1 with 3217 views2Thomas2Bowles

I don't know why the owners bother anymore.
£1 Millon a month to keep us afloat they are putting in.

What's the point, there does not seem to be any sensible reason to carry on with the losses

The only way to get some of the money back is a year in the Prem, that looks a pipe dream

So what's the end game here, makes no sense to me*

taking being a fan out of the equation

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Why bother on 15:28 - Jul 2 with 550 viewsPikey

Why bother on 11:34 - Jul 2 by HAYESBOY

In my opinion.

There is some pride in there with regards to seeing through a new training ground and new ground.
There is possibly an affiliation with the club now. The good work that the club does locally, including things like the Tiger Cubs and Grenfell support.

Again in my opinion I think we went in a wrong direction when Warnock was let go and we tried to play Fantasy Football with all the millions the Prem offered.
I don't think it was done with malice or any intentions to hurt the club.
I think lessons have been learned, the hard way, and we are now on a better path with trying to bring through youth and lower league players.
Will take a lot of patience on our side to give them time to make the club sustainable while maintaining Championship status.
I think Warburton is a good appointment. Mistakes are still being made with the McLaren appointment, but mistakes will be made along the way.
I am hopeful for the future long term.
We could do a lot worse with the owners we have now and they have written a lot of debt off, albeit most of the debt they created.
As owners go, there are worse out there for sure and certainly the previous owners were a nightmare.

Spot on. We could be in a far worse position and in the 60 years I've been going we have been. So it's a matter of patience. Dont see a queue of investors bashing down the doors to take over.
Why bother on 17:04 - Jul 2 with 464 viewsdaveB

Why bother on 13:47 - Jul 2 by PunteR

They've been here 10 years what makes you think these owners will take us to the promised land and make us a self sustaining club in the foreseeable future.?
I just can't see it myself. But yeh we could have worse owners I suppose.

I don't think they will manage it but I don't doubt that is what they are trying to do
Why bother on 19:42 - Jul 3 with 312 viewsfrancisbowles

Why bother on 17:04 - Jul 2 by daveB

I don't think they will manage it but I don't doubt that is what they are trying to do

Agreed. However, just one season up and acting with prudence would put us in a completely different scenario and when we came down we would have four years of parachute payments to rebuild and try and get back up again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024