Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 47449 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SKY on 11:59 - Sep 23 with 3098 viewsnoauthority

SKY on 10:35 - Sep 23 by johnhoop

Thanks for posting this, it looks really interesting. In particular I’d never heard of Chloé Valdary and her “Theory of Enchantment” anti- racism training, which is based on principles that I wholeheartedly agree with.
A very good book on this topic is the recently published “Cynical Theories:How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race,Gender and Identity-and why this harms Everybody” by Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay.

You're welcome. I'll be reading Cynical Theories. Helen and James talk a lot of sense, the New Discourses website they write on is often brilliant.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 13:01]
SKY on 12:16 - Sep 23 with 3043 viewsngbqpr

SKY on 11:08 - Sep 23 by Clive_Anderson

Well Renni Edo-Lodge can't even get through the title of her book "Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race" without a racist dig at white people.

If someone wrote a counter argument book called "Why I no longer listen to black people about racism" there would be uproar over the racist title.

But maybe the title is just designed to controversy and the contents are more balanced, so let's see what Trevor Phillips (who I suspect will have a lot more time for the book then me) had to say about it in his review:

"she probes some of these delicately knotted issues with all the subtlety of a blunderbuss."

"In her eyes, if a white person beats a black person to a job, anyone who suggests that competence might be a factor must be “defending whiteness”."

"The disappointment is that a writer of this generation has so little to offer beyond the multiculturalist clichés some of us invented three decades ago and abandoned after 9/11 and 7/7. But the failure of today’s liberals to confront new realities in identity politics has left some appearing to tolerate positions which are at best risible, and at worst simply disgusting. The abuse of white children by largely Asian gangs, exposed by The Times’s Andrew Norfolk, is, dismayingly, dismissed by Eddo-Lodge as a consequence of “Western objectification of female flesh [focusing] heavily on whiteness and on youth”."

"Race does matter, and we do need to talk about it; but not like this, I’m afraid."

Honestly if you're just relying on race baiting commentators like this to form your opinion, it's no surprise that you see racism everywhere.

I'm not relying on anyone.

Like Trevor Phillips, I chose to read some of these books to get different viewpoints to help me make well rounded judgments.

In answer to bakerloo, I have read plenty about fascism too. On that one, I concluded I'm not a fan.

There is a lot of talk about how angry and polarised we have become as a society, and the role social media (incl messageboards & forums) has played in this. Reading differing viewpoints is one way we can start to address this and open our minds to different views & arguments.

Like maggsinho, I'll leave it there.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

SKY on 19:18 - Sep 23 with 2815 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I know everybody here wants this thread to die now that QPR Top Brass have put out an excellent statement but the news out of Kentucky USA today will ensure fireworks continue .
Only one officer is being charged after a no knock warrant and resulting shootout ended with an innocent woman dead and her boyfriend shot as well as one cop clipped in the leg ..
Its an incredible story and both sides of the argument are compelling to be fair.
The City settled with her family for 13 Mil this week but I feel that wont stop the rioting ,burning and looting further dishonoring her name Breonna Taylor .
SKY on 22:29 - Sep 23 with 2610 viewsqprxtc

Has nobody ever looked at a piano keyboard and seen the error of their ways?

Death will overcome all.
SKY on 22:40 - Sep 23 with 2600 viewsGroveR

SKY on 22:29 - Sep 23 by qprxtc

Death will overcome all.

I see small clusters of ebony in a sea of ivory, or basically the Shed End at Scumford Bridge in the 80s.
SKY on 23:17 - Sep 23 with 2555 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 22:29 - Sep 23 by qprxtc

Death will overcome all.

I see 88 keys on a piano.
88=2x2x2x11, it's unique product of prime factors.
(Just to get ths thread back on track)
SKY on 23:27 - Sep 23 with 2516 viewsSt_Pollock

SKY on 09:46 - Sep 22 by daveB

On the Podcast a year or so ago she said something along the lines of there not being many black fans at QPR and rather than people point out she was not correct they lost their shit at her

Not quite.

She said QPR have a racist problem because we don't have 50/50 split between black and white fans...

When black fans pulled her up about this saying she was talking nonsense she refused to engage with them. When anyone white questioned it she accused them of being members of the EDL or FLA.

As I said, she's an indefensible fruitloop.

As someone once asked on another forum, does she want us to have a 'bring a black day'?
SKY on 23:39 - Sep 23 with 2496 viewsBoston

SKY on 23:27 - Sep 23 by St_Pollock

Not quite.

She said QPR have a racist problem because we don't have 50/50 split between black and white fans...

When black fans pulled her up about this saying she was talking nonsense she refused to engage with them. When anyone white questioned it she accused them of being members of the EDL or FLA.

As someone once asked on another forum, does she want us to have a 'bring a black day'?

...and why not?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

SKY on 12:12 - Sep 24 with 2255 viewsrsonist

SKY on 23:27 - Sep 23 by St_Pollock

Not quite.

Maybe spend some more time on that forum, sounds like a better place for you.

Pointing out that the matchday crowd isn't by a large margin representative of the diversity in the fanbase and the local community it serves is barely controversial. It's a socio-economic problem in football not just at QPR, and an obvious question of what steps can be taken to better address that to have put to our POC DOF.

That being said (and it wasn't said or insinuated by her at any point just for the record) I don't think it's too hard to figure out what nerves were so grievously touched in those most offended by that observation and whyever they would go to the lengths of misconstruing her as a misandrist black supremacist in perceived retaliation.
SKY on 13:37 - Sep 24 with 2180 viewsPinnerPaul

SKY on 21:45 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

"Me too - once they started putting letters into Maths I was lost." - Great line.

Sums me up perfectly.

and me - 'enjoyed' it and got my O level, halfway through A level the numbers disappeared, so I quit!

Didn't stop me earning my living in finance for nearly 38 years though!
SKY on 13:46 - Sep 24 with 2153 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 13:37 - Sep 24 by PinnerPaul

and me - 'enjoyed' it and got my O level, halfway through A level the numbers disappeared, so I quit!

Didn't stop me earning my living in finance for nearly 38 years though!

And I add up numbers for a living!

Well, I'm a QS... so, they always seem to end up a bit on the high side.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 14:08 - Sep 24 with 2087 viewsPinnerPaul

SKY on 13:46 - Sep 24 by BrianMcCarthy

And I add up numbers for a living!

Well, I'm a QS... so, they always seem to end up a bit on the high side.

Quantity Surveyor?

I was called lots of things in my career!, ended up as a Finance Manager
SKY on 14:24 - Sep 24 with 2043 viewsDixie_CT

Keep going boys, I think you may just solve this darn racial inequality thing or at least bring some objectivity to one of the most complex conversations our species could ever have.

Failing that, the mathematicians on here might be invited to build the next hadron collider.

Either way, the end is nigh.
SKY on 18:56 - Sep 24 with 1928 viewsmarkrtid

SKY on 23:25 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Did Coventry?

We were sent there.
SKY on 19:41 - Sep 24 with 1858 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 14:08 - Sep 24 by PinnerPaul

Quantity Surveyor?

I was called lots of things in my career!, ended up as a Finance Manager

Sorry, man - I meant that I'm a QS!

SKY on 08:46 - Sep 25 with 1639 viewsPinnerPaul

SKY on 19:41 - Sep 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry, man - I meant that I'm a QS!

Sooooo what does it stand for then?

Sorry to be so thick!
SKY on 10:04 - Sep 25 with 1527 viewsjohnhoop

SKY on 08:46 - Sep 25 by PinnerPaul

Sooooo what does it stand for then?

Sorry to be so thick!

I’m pretty sure he means a Quantity Surveyor Paul. It’s what my father used to do.
SKY on 11:13 - Sep 25 with 1484 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 10:04 - Sep 25 by johnhoop

I’m pretty sure he means a Quantity Surveyor Paul. It’s what my father used to do.

I did. Thanks John.

SKY on 15:00 - Sep 25 with 1321 viewsTW_R

SKY on 11:13 - Sep 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I did. Thanks John.

What kind of quantities do you survey Brian. Please tell me it's prime numbers.
SKY on 15:15 - Sep 25 with 1287 viewsMatch82

SKY on 15:00 - Sep 25 by TW_R

What kind of quantities do you survey Brian. Please tell me it's prime numbers.

Percentage of corners that come to nothing
SKY on 15:42 - Sep 25 with 1251 viewsWrightUp5hit___

SKY on 15:15 - Sep 25 by Match82

Percentage of corners that come to nothing

QS speak, twice times for the corners
SKY on 16:21 - Sep 25 with 1195 viewsCliff

I'm not sure exactly what a Quantity Surveyor does, I've always had this picture in my head of someone walking about saying things like "Ohh, you've got loads of that!" and "I reckon that pile is bigger than that pile".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024