Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 48063 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SKY on 15:30 - Sep 21 with 2730 viewsE17hoop

It's been really tough to be proud to be a QPR fan over the years. The embarrassments of Hughes, the Premier League spending sprees, guns in the boardroom and the boutique project for an Italian ego, number just a few of the times when I've just wished they'd just shut up.

Days like today, when the club show they're anti-racist and call the media out for their spin and manufactured outrage, makes me as proud as anything they've done on or off the pitch in the last 30 years.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

SKY on 15:30 - Sep 21 with 2730 viewsNorthernr

SKY on 15:29 - Sep 21 by stowmarketrange

I’m almost certain we didn’t take a knee in at least one game towards the end of last season too,but my memory doesn’t tell me which game it was.Obviously it wasn’t a Sky live game.

We haven't been doing it since Wigan A, bar West Brom A which was on TV.
SKY on 15:30 - Sep 21 with 2727 viewsHunterhoop

SKY on 14:25 - Sep 21 by GroveR

As statements go, that one's got a bit of chest hair on it alright.

Well done Rangers.

It certainly does. A giant “f*ck you” to Sky. We’re basically offering them out to publicly get cards on the table to show the actual actions we’re taking (compared to them or any other football club) to ensure equal opportunities and fight racial prejudice and bias in the work place. Sky are right to back down.
SKY on 15:34 - Sep 21 with 2695 viewsstowmarketrange

SKY on 15:30 - Sep 21 by Northernr

We haven't been doing it since Wigan A, bar West Brom A which was on TV.

Thanks for the info Clive.
SKY on 15:56 - Sep 21 with 2550 views2Thomas2Bowles

SKY on 15:30 - Sep 21 by Hunterhoop

It certainly does. A giant “f*ck you” to Sky. We’re basically offering them out to publicly get cards on the table to show the actual actions we’re taking (compared to them or any other football club) to ensure equal opportunities and fight racial prejudice and bias in the work place. Sky are right to back down.

Have they backed down?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

SKY on 16:30 - Sep 21 with 2413 viewsbakerloo8

Surely a massive dig at Sky by Hoos with his "I have seen no media organisations do as much to combat racism as us" comment. Genius 👌🤣
SKY on 16:51 - Sep 21 with 2306 viewsMistication92

EFFIN GO'WON LES! 😍
SKY on 16:54 - Sep 21 with 2302 viewsdenhamhoop2

SKY on 16:30 - Sep 21 by bakerloo8

Surely a massive dig at Sky by Hoos with his "I have seen no media organisations do as much to combat racism as us" comment. Genius 👌🤣

Seriously enjoyed Hoos' little dig at not just Sky but various other Media companies. When crowds are allowed will they be "expected" to take knee. It's a token to show just how woke football is which we all know just isn't true. No current professional footballer in England is openly gay that alone tells you that prejudice exists
Login to get fewer ads

SKY on 17:07 - Sep 21 with 2256 viewsNorthernr

Next issue is ensuring we don't become the poster boys for a small minority of racist pricks. I mean, the state of this, for example...

SKY on 17:07 - Sep 21 with 2222 views2Thomas2Bowles

SKY on 16:54 - Sep 21 by denhamhoop2

Seriously enjoyed Hoos' little dig at not just Sky but various other Media companies. When crowds are allowed will they be "expected" to take knee. It's a token to show just how woke football is which we all know just isn't true. No current professional footballer in England is openly gay that alone tells you that prejudice exists

Do Gays or Lesbians have to be open about their sexuality?

I imagine many are happy to be under the radar in whatever walk of life they ply their skills/trade. .. ooh suits you sir.

I suppose if one were to out themselves YOU will be happy.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 17:14]

SKY on 17:10 - Sep 21 with 2205 viewsbakerloo8

SKY on 17:07 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Next issue is ensuring we don't become the poster boys for a small minority of racist pricks. I mean, the state of this, for example...

Absolute no marks like this loser the exact reason I stay off twitter.

Social media platforms really to need to tighten themselves up.
SKY on 17:20 - Sep 21 with 2158 viewsNorthernr

SKY on 17:10 - Sep 21 by bakerloo8

Absolute no marks like this loser the exact reason I stay off twitter.

Social media platforms really to need to tighten themselves up.

I've had some pretty low stuff on there, stuff that's made me feel horrendous, but the stuff that Flo gets is biblical at times. She's shown me some of the stuff people DM to her, it's abhorrent. I just can't believe people like that exist. I don't know how she has the fcking strength of mind to keep going pursuing her desire to cover football because if I was her it would have crushed me and I'd have given up a long time ago.
SKY on 17:22 - Sep 21 with 2129 views2Thomas2Bowles

That's hardly the worst thing I've seen posted on Twitass or said in real life... maybe I'm not as sensitive as some...

SKY on 17:23 - Sep 21 with 2137 viewsNorthernr

SKY on 17:22 - Sep 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

That's hardly the worst thing I've seen posted on Twitass or said in real life... maybe I'm not as sensitive as some...

Your last two posts are not your finest work.
SKY on 17:27 - Sep 21 with 2105 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Christ, that is sick.

My worry over the weekend was that we would, as you say, become poster boys for people like that. Undoubtedly, some will see what they want to see in our actions and some will twist it to justify their own racism. There's no getting around it - its's a concern.

Saw a comment on the offish facebook along the lines of "why should we take a knee, black people wouldn't do it for white people".

Most were extremely positive, though, which was great to see.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 17:29 - Sep 21 with 2081 viewsbakerloo8

SKY on 17:20 - Sep 21 by Northernr

I've had some pretty low stuff on there, stuff that's made me feel horrendous, but the stuff that Flo gets is biblical at times. She's shown me some of the stuff people DM to her, it's abhorrent. I just can't believe people like that exist. I don't know how she has the fcking strength of mind to keep going pursuing her desire to cover football because if I was her it would have crushed me and I'd have given up a long time ago.

Yeh, I can only imagine.

Glad I am not in an industry where I need to be all over Social Media, not sure I could cope with all the anonymous morons, women and minorities must get it ten fold.

Think these platforms need reform, but while they are taking in the cash and governments let them get away with it, it will continue.
SKY on 17:32 - Sep 21 with 2054 views2Thomas2Bowles

SKY on 17:23 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Your last two posts are not your finest work.

I've not lied or insulted anyone, just stated unemotionally.

One of my daughters is gay, she doesn't go around telling the world, waving a flag, go on marches, her choice.

I'm sure most of us have heard worse than that twitter post, in truth.

SKY on 17:48 - Sep 21 with 1949 viewsDannytheR

Unless anyone points out you vote Tory.
SKY on 17:52 - Sep 21 with 1911 views2Thomas2Bowles

SKY on 17:48 - Sep 21 by DannytheR

Unless anyone points out you vote Tory.

LOL what's between me and the ballot box, you'll never know.

SKY on 17:57 - Sep 21 with 1897 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Delighted for your Daughter. Others are not so fortunate. We know to our cost that suicides and attempted suicides are much higher among LGBT youth and that major factors are stigmatisation and feelings of isolation.

Public figures talking openly about being LGBT helps reduce stigmitisation and feelings of isolation. So while I don't think any individuals have to or should be forced to come out there's no doubt that a portion of them doing so would reduced suicides.

And I'm sure we've all heard worse than the tweet Flo received, that hardly makes it ok or easier to deal with.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 18:01 - Sep 21 with 1863 viewswestberksr

you have got to be fukkin joking?

twitter is full of idiots that think they have free reign to post whatever they like with no backlash; grading things based on the 'worst' you have seen is the wrong way to go about it and just facilitates the utter Kunts that are doing this.
SKY on 18:15 - Sep 21 with 1769 views2Thomas2Bowles

SKY on 17:57 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Delighted for your Daughter. Others are not so fortunate. We know to our cost that suicides and attempted suicides are much higher among LGBT youth and that major factors are stigmatisation and feelings of isolation.

Public figures talking openly about being LGBT helps reduce stigmitisation and feelings of isolation. So while I don't think any individuals have to or should be forced to come out there's no doubt that a portion of them doing so would reduced suicides.

And I'm sure we've all heard worse than the tweet Flo received, that hardly makes it ok or easier to deal with.

Well, I agree with you on those that choose to speak out on gay rights or whatever other rights.

I'm in no doubt it would be a tough thing to do in football, I very clearly remember Justin Fashanu but there is often a "call" from none gays for someone to out themselves, THAT'S what I disagree with.

Never said that tweet was ok,

Oh and your... Delighted for your Daughter. comes over as a bit cynical, disparaging.

If I was a sensitive soul...
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 19:19]

SKY on 18:20 - Sep 21 with 1756 viewsQPR_John

Maybe its because of my age but social media ---- why.

Why open yourself up to such pond life.
SKY on 18:23 - Sep 21 with 1711 views2Thomas2Bowles

SKY on 18:01 - Sep 21 by westberksr

you have got to be fukkin joking?

twitter is full of idiots that think they have free reign to post whatever they like with no backlash; grading things based on the 'worst' you have seen is the wrong way to go about it and just facilitates the utter Kunts that are doing this.

Yeah it's a cesspit, no matter what the subject, you engage or you don't I don't

You see people on here very often (me included) call someone somewhere a kunt YOU HAVE

Sometimes it's players or management or owners or other posters.

Not as bad or worse?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 18:25]

SKY on 18:49 - Sep 21 with 1631 viewsPaddyhoops

Good on you flo. I love flo to bits especially on the podcast. Nobody deserve to be abused like that on twitter.
Flo is up front about who she is on twitter. The clue is thather name is at the top of the message.
Unlike her abuser Steve who's basically a coward who hides behind his anonimty.
I know my identity is hidden by my username but I would never dream abusing anybody like this.
Once again good on you Flo!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024