Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica 15:03 - Oct 1 with 15499 viewsLazyFan

Profile:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Willock

Sauce:
http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-everything-agreed-join-queens-park-rangers-tran
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 15:04]

zzzzzzzzzz

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 15:32 - Oct 1 with 6508 viewsTonto

Fits out current modus operandi.

Except that would be another striker we actually own...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 15:33 - Oct 1 with 6507 viewsqprd

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 15:32 - Oct 1 by Tonto

Fits out current modus operandi.

Except that would be another striker we actually own...

Announce Ravel
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 15:36 - Oct 1 with 6472 viewsToast_R

Brother of Callum?
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 15:41 - Oct 1 with 6434 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks, Lazyfan.

I know very little about him.

I like the fact that he's of Montserratian descent. It means there's a good chance also has West Cork blood. The tiny island was 'home' to slaves from Africa and also slaves (as well as some paid labourers) from West Cork. They intermarried freely from the very beginning. To this day, English on the Island is spoken with a distinct West Cork accent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 16:31 - Oct 1 with 6204 viewsSimonJames

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 15:41 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks, Lazyfan.

I like the fact that he's of Montserratian descent. It means there's a good chance also has West Cork blood. The tiny island was 'home' to slaves from Africa and also slaves (as well as some paid labourers) from West Cork. They intermarried freely from the very beginning. To this day, English on the Island is spoken with a distinct West Cork accent.

As well as entertainment, I get an interesting history lesson on this forum.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 16:35 - Oct 1 with 6160 viewsLongsufferingR

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 15:41 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks, Lazyfan.

That is without doubt the absolute most Brian McCarthyest post ever witnessed on this forum.
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 16:49 - Oct 1 with 6056 viewsWatfordR

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 16:35 - Oct 1 by LongsufferingR

That is without doubt the absolute most Brian McCarthyest post ever witnessed on this forum.

McCarthyesque surely?
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 16:51 - Oct 1 with 6036 viewsLongsufferingR

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 16:49 - Oct 1 by WatfordR

McCarthyesque surely?

I think that would imply somebody trying to post in the manner of Brian McCarthy. This was actually the work of the man himself.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 17:02 - Oct 1 with 5940 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 16:35 - Oct 1 by LongsufferingR

And I resisted the temptation to mention Cromwell!

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 17:29 - Oct 1 with 5768 viewsextratimeR

Thanks Brian, great bit of info about Montserrat, never knew anything about this.

Have many family from Baltimore, ( Cork) and knew whole population was carried off to slavery but never knew any further details.

If you want to find out something new- Loftforwords!
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 17:39 - Oct 1 with 5711 viewsdistortR

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 17:02 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

And I resisted the temptation to mention Cromwell!

He was a good thing, right?
You'll have to excuse my ignorance

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 17:48 - Oct 1 with 5641 viewsbosh67

The question is who is Chris Willock? Does Chris Willock know who Chris Willock is?

It appears that we are after a number of young forwards.

I guess this kid may be one of the unpolished diamonds that we may make into something if he comes here, or... end up on loan and eventually have his contract terminated by mutual consent.

I like to look on the bright side.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 17:52 - Oct 1 with 5628 viewslightwaterhoop

Is there any historical evidence that people from Ireland in that period were enslaved in the normal sense of the word and not just people who were deported for being involved in uprisings or crimes of one sort or another?
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:06 - Oct 1 with 5552 viewsBklynRanger

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 17:48 - Oct 1 by bosh67

The question is who is Chris Willock? Does Chris Willock know who Chris Willock is?

It appears that we are after a number of young forwards.

I guess this kid may be one of the unpolished diamonds that we may make into something if he comes here, or... end up on loan and eventually have his contract terminated by mutual consent.

I like to look on the bright side.

I think those first two questions should be asked of him in his intro interview. Ideally in a demented manner.
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:18 - Oct 1 with 5478 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 17:52 - Oct 1 by lightwaterhoop

Is there any historical evidence that people from Ireland in that period were enslaved in the normal sense of the word and not just people who were deported for being involved in uprisings or crimes of one sort or another?

Ya, there is. More and more books being written on the subject.

extratimeR talks bout The Sacking of Baltimore, which was an act of piracy. This was the first type of slavery in Ireland.
Cromwell, as distortR points out, was a lovely lad but dealt in slavery - women, kids, republicans, non-republicans, the lot.

I've read a few books on it and it's fascinating as it's really only now being taught/debated in Irish schools. The post-1922 syllabus - partly written by my Granduncle - was too proud and noble to admit that we were once slaves.

But there were slaves, and servants, and convicts and a mixture of all three.

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:23 - Oct 1 with 5445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 17:29 - Oct 1 by extratimeR

Thanks Brian, great bit of info about Montserrat, never knew anything about this.

Have many family from Baltimore, ( Cork) and knew whole population was carried off to slavery but never knew any further details.

If you want to find out something new- Loftforwords!

I read that the poor people of Baltimore were sold as galley slaves and prostitutes/concubines. Spread all over the world.

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:25 - Oct 1 with 5431 viewsdistortR

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:18 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, there is. More and more books being written on the subject.

extratimeR talks bout The Sacking of Baltimore, which was an act of piracy. This was the first type of slavery in Ireland.
Cromwell, as distortR points out, was a lovely lad but dealt in slavery - women, kids, republicans, non-republicans, the lot.

I've read a few books on it and it's fascinating as it's really only now being taught/debated in Irish schools. The post-1922 syllabus - partly written by my Granduncle - was too proud and noble to admit that we were once slaves.

But there were slaves, and servants, and convicts and a mixture of all three.

apparently most of those taken in the sacking of Baltimore were English settlers.

This is now, officially, a very BAD thing.
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:27 - Oct 1 with 5421 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:25 - Oct 1 by distortR

apparently most of those taken in the sacking of Baltimore were English settlers.

Oh ya, you're all ears now.

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:29 - Oct 1 with 5404 viewsBklynRanger

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:25 - Oct 1 by distortR

WHAT?! Muster the frigates! Notify the coastguard!
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:30 - Oct 1 with 5403 viewsdistortR

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:27 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Oh ya, you're all ears now.

well, that's a very personal comment.

edit - big nose.

two can play at this game, you know.

edit 2 - and if Chris Willock is reading this thread, don't worry, you'll get used to it. We have very short attention spans on here.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 18:39]
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:39 - Oct 1 with 5338 viewsenfieldargh

So if we are signing him can we chain him to the near post at corners?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:39 - Oct 1 with 5338 viewsjohncharles

Thanks, Lazyfan.

I love those Rose coloured Specs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Strong and stable my arse.

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:46 - Oct 1 with 5294 viewslightwaterhoop

As i understand it the 'sacking of Baltimore' was carried out by pirates from north Africa.This was very common on the coast of Europe for many years.I would still like to see some proper evidence Cromwell was involved in slavery in Ireland because to be honest at the moment i dont believe its true.
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:55 - Oct 1 with 5235 viewsBklynRanger

Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 18:39 - Oct 1 by enfieldargh

So if we are signing him can we chain him to the near post at corners?

See what you did there
Chris Willock supposedly €1m signing from Benfica on 19:02 - Oct 1 with 5184 viewssimmo

Really like Willock, but don't expect this one to go past general interest - he'd cost a fee and it may be that Green and Adomah will do for us as free alternatives.

Still, if there's a chance then it's a good one to get. His brother Joe is close to Arsenal first team but he's one of a clutch that came through at a similar time that looked good. Not sure how time in Benfica would have helped or hindered, but Banfield will know all about him and his wages should be in our structure. Let's see.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024